It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real UFOs

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It's the F28 GUMMY BEAR! Made by artisans working entirely in the medium of gummy!

video.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Blender

In the picture that there appears to be a bright reflection on one side of the object, the opposite side has 3 lights. To my admittedly small knowledge of insulation blankets, they don't come equpped with lights.

One side of the MLI (multi layer insulation) blanket is covered with aluminized mylar to reflect solar heat.

MLI insulation does a double-duty job: keeping solar radiation out, and keeping the bitter cold of space from penetrating the Station's metal skin.

www.spacesciencegroup.org...

Here's what MLI blankets look like:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1baa93bcdaa9.png[/atsimg]
Here's another image of the object. Doesn't look much like lights to me. More like sunlight reflecting from points along the edge of the blanket.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/00b4c4b9995d.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 8/4/2009 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Blender

In the picture that there appears to be a bright reflection on one side of the object, the opposite side has 3 lights. To my admittedly small knowledge of insulation blankets, they don't come equpped with lights.

One side of the MLI (multi layer insulation) blanket is covered with aluminized mylar to reflect solar heat.

MLI insulation does a double-duty job: keeping solar radiation out, and keeping the bitter cold of space from penetrating the Station's metal skin.

www.spacesciencegroup.org...

Here's what MLI blankets look like:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1baa93bcdaa9.png[/atsimg]
Here's another image of the object. Doesn't look much like lights to me.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/00b4c4b9995d.png[/atsimg]

I do not know the cause of the reflection/light, but I do know that is not a blanket on that photo. Or it must be have been folded by a chinese folding artist. It has similar features on two sides, which IMO would be wings or sunlightreflectors.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Then again how do we not know that with all the black ops programs out there and the fact that the military has a space division in every branch that some of these images are not some kind of high-tech vehicle disguised as space debris?

I definately would not rule out extraterrestial either since the majority of us do not even know what their craft designs look like.

Undoubtedly alot of images are space debris since there is so much of it out there but uniformly ruling out high-tech military space vehicles or even extraterrestial craft is just plain silly.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenton1234
There just broken up pieces of sattelites that crashed together not to long ago. Nothing more. Sorry nothing to see here on to the next piece for me to debunk.

You mean the Russian-US crash in februari 2009 I guess?
You would of course have to proof that with some serial numbers or show exactly what parts we are viewing here.
Debunk needs proof too! So nothing is debunked yet.

Uncertainty is just that. I know it fashionable to make claims on both sides of the spectrum, and debunkers are often just as fast as believers with their unbased claims.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by carnival_of_souls2047
Undoubtedly alot of images are space debris since there is so much of it out there but uniformly ruling out high-tech military space vehicles or even extraterrestial craft is just plain silly.

Thats the thing thats annoying.. people seem to get selective amnesia over the possibility that it could be something that belongs to us. They've got to be doing something with all that money they're spending!
Although I suppose not half as many people would be interested if they thought it was just some new high tech plane that the Governmet have built

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I don't see how that could be a blanket..... you look at the size of that thing? And don't forget the satellite taking these images is pretty far out!!!

If that's a blanket then it must be bigfoots blanket

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by strNick

These objects are definitely not created by humans. Especially this one - Image 1. Look and you will see symmetry in it.

You mean humans can't create symmetrical things ?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle
Just looks like a load of space junk to me, but what do I know!

If anyone seriously believes that any of these pictures might be alien spaceships then try and see if any similar pictures of ufo's that look like that exist... thats the one thing people never seem to do. If there were aliens visiting us you'd expect that they wouldnt be using radically different looking spaceships each time they visit, so it would make sense that the same type would be sighted more than once!

Bluebelle, do you watch any of the Star Trek TV series?
That one pic looks one of the small craft in Star Trek Enterprise.
The Zindi.
I wish we could see a classic cigar shaped beam ship in orbit.
People have seen those a lot.
One of them looks like the Aurora. I read it can fly out of the atmosphere.
I hope some more pics jump out of the NASA server.
This is exciting.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

The thermal insulation blankets cover various parts of the ISS, they are not bed blankets.

A satellite did not take the images. A human on the ISS (or Endeavor) did. The ISS and Endeavor were at an altitude of 214 nautical miles when the photo was taken. A mild telephoto lens (250mm) was used.

Please tell me how you are judging the size and/or distance of the object.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Plot of space junk (trackable) as seen from north pole.
(Its not to scale, but gives an idea how much is there)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/ca5d5d56f1a60074.jpg[/atsimg]

Source: scienceblogs.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by Bluebelle
Just looks like a load of space junk to me, but what do I know!

If anyone seriously believes that any of these pictures might be alien spaceships then try and see if any similar pictures of ufo's that look like that exist... thats the one thing people never seem to do. If there were aliens visiting us you'd expect that they wouldnt be using radically different looking spaceships each time they visit, so it would make sense that the same type would be sighted more than once!

Bluebelle, do you watch any of the Star Trek TV series?
That one pic looks one of the small craft in Star Trek Enterprise.
The Zindi.
I wish we could see a classic cigar shaped beam ship in orbit.
People have seen those a lot.
One of them looks like the Aurora. I read it can fly out of the atmosphere.
I hope some more pics jump out of the NASA server.
This is exciting.

No I dont... although mentioning star trek means this thread has just lost all credibility

Would be nice if someone actually got all the pictures together of whatever type of UFO people think this is, and then see how they match up.. that might make it a little bit easier to determine whether or not these pictures are of space junk, or of a spaceship.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I know it's not really a bed blanket we are chatting about but i thought it was funny to mention it....

Can you tell me why someone was taking a photograph of space-junk? Is this to allow us mere mortals to start a thread about it so we can argue over whether this is a ufo, space-junk or a part of a satellite?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Can you tell me why someone was taking a photograph of space-junk? Is this to allow us mere mortals to start a thread about it so we can argue over whether this is a ufo, space-junk or a part of a satellite?

They take photos of everything, and space junk is of interest because of the incredible hazards it presents to crews in space. Run into some discarded wrench at 15,000 miles per hour, and it'll wreck your day.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksolidbrain

Yea and most of that 'junk' and satellites are at altitudes GREATER than the altitude of the ISS.

On a further note I feel the thread title should be changed to more accurately reflect the situation. Maybe "Real UFOs???". I understand that UFO means unidentified flying object, but that is not what most people who see this will think.

[edit on 8/4/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
What a complete load of crap..

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by peaceonearth

THose are some pretty obvious anomalies, I wonder why NASA didn't airbrush them b4 they released the pics... hint hint....

As someone who believes there are probably more than one alien species in contact with the earth, if these were spacecrafts of some sort, I'm not so sure how much I would trust that species lol. Those are some sinister looking crafts...
compared to the orbs of light, which I believe in 100%

If you ask me, the light orbs use light to travel anywhere they want, almost instantly, opening portals or whatever... If a species still needs vessels made of materials, then they are simply a few generations more advanced/older than we are. Does nothing to say they have a higher consciousness or whatever... so I hope people don't start calling them gods when they make full contact...

God I sound nuts...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

somehow..i don't think so lol.. btw how old are these pics anyway?

2nd line

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

The pics are from 1999 I beleive.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

holy crap!

hahaha i'm scared now

top topics