It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real UFOs

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Don't care what it is. I only know that this is

There's a lot of space debris and satellites out there, so we gotta take in consideration this also.
www.cydeweys.com...

The photos could have been leaked by a truth soldier

I don't know if space debris looks like the object in the pics, and i don't know what kind of projects/crafts/whatever the space agencies/military have out there.
Ah, whatever...it doesn't really matter what they are, because one side tells something, the other side says something else. There are two separate sides that will never get along
.... and even if the objects were UFOs we wouldn't gain anything from that, only make people who know what to do with the images rich, imo.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Thanks for being honest enough to admit that you've got no idea what you're looking at, or where it's coming from SpaceSilence.

I'm also asking myself what I'm looking at. If it's something that dropped out of a spacewalking astronaut's pocket, then what the hell could it be?

If it's debris, then the same what the hell?

It seems to be massive and slightly rounded in shape, although the details that escape us vouch for a more complex form. It's dark (at least not white or clear), and the highlighted (reflective) details seem to indicate that it's metallic.

A fuselage? A turbine? An engine of some sorts?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliocentric
Imagine if it was some type of spy probe, and the responsible people at NASA automatically shrugged them off as debris, that would be a big miss, wouldn't you say?

The question I would like to ask is, only six pictures taken of these objects?

Someone should buy NASA a bigger SD card.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Heliocentric]

I do take your point. There's certainly a wider issue related to the fact that there are currently are at least 600,000 objects larger than 1cm in orbit, according to ESA Meteoroid and Space Debris Terrestrial Environment Reference (as pointed to on wikipedia). According to Wiki, US Strategic command only maintains a record of around 13000 of those. That's a lot of spy satellites and missiles we could be missing!

However, the specific point here related to Nasa's monitoring of them. Fact is, we don't use our spacecraft to monitor potential dangers - we do that from the ground. So perhaps we shouldn't be surprised that a bunch of photos taken from space stations or shuttle launches with their own missions to accomplish do not monitor objects of this nature - be they debris or aliens - with the enthusiasm that would satisfy our thirst for the unidentified...

LW

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heliocentric

It seems to be massive and slightly rounded in shape

How do you figure that is massive? It could be the size of a rubix cube.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by kroms33

I don't really know how big it is.

Seen a lot of space junk on your journeys into space have you?

[edit on 8/3/2009 by Phage]

Hahahahhahahahah!

Phage, telling it like it is. This is why he's the man and you are not.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
You're right, it could be.

I meant massive in the sense that it seems to be a solid, bulky object, not flat or thin.

I should have used another word.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceSilence

Don't care what it is. I only know that this is

There's a lot of space debris and satellites out there, so we gotta take in consideration this also.
www.cydeweys.com...

The photos could have been leaked by a truth soldier

I don't know if space debris looks like the object in the pics, and i don't know what kind of projects/crafts/whatever the space agencies/military have out there.
Ah, whatever...it doesn't really matter what they are, because one side tells something, the other side says something else. There are two separate sides that will never get along
.... and even if the objects were UFOs we wouldn't gain anything from that, only make people who know what to do with the images rich, imo.

It reminds me of the flying creature that jumped onto Mr. Spock's back in an episode of original Trek.

I hope they are not making nests on Earth now. That would suck. Those things sting.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I took the images into P.S. and did a few adjustments to the balance and contrast and here's what I'm seeing...

(As seen in the picture)

i73.photobucket.com...

(Flipped)

i73.photobucket.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
When I saw your picture Uberaris, my first thought was "what does that look like?"
and my second thought was "nothing at all!"
I jut can't think of anything that could be, except for a customized 57 Buick,

I believe the object is fairly big, because of the many details in its shape, but if I'm wrong then what does it change?

It's still one strange piece of debris...

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Heliocentric]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
shame does n`t really seem to matter what you do the photo, you can`t really tell what if anything it is at all. Not sure what else can be done other have it down as space junk (as previously stated) and move on...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Just a thought.. any debris/etc/etc/ flying into the earths atmosphere should get burned out, shouldn't it ??

or in the last pic where we see "flames", could it just be the moment wen it catches fire ?

i believe there is ET life, AND that this is an awesome pic. but thats where the connection ends. THESE awesome pictures may not be proof of ET life. Sure we will find better "proof" sooner or later...

These pics are :
Debris : 40%
Alien Space craft : 10%
something we don't know : the remaining..... 50 %

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by peaceonearth

Notice how ALL UFO show up when it's cloudy... i always wondered if we made the clouds to hide them from view... or they do!?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uberaris
I took the images into P.S. and did a few adjustments to the balance and contrast and here's what I'm seeing...

(As seen in the picture)

i73.photobucket.com...

(Flipped)

i73.photobucket.com...

Good job.
The spacecraft looks like it belongs underwater.
It looks more like a submarine.
It also looks like the Degra Xindi spacecraft from Star Trek Enterprise.
It doesn't look like Gray design.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I just looked at the pictures. Either photo 2 or three, I can't remember which one, but one of them kinda looked like a Reaver ship and the other looked like serenity. I'll admit, I have no clue what they are but there is something majestic about them.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by KIRKSTERUK

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by kroms33

I don't really know how big it is.

Seen a lot of space junk on your journeys into space have you?

[edit on 8/3/2009 by Phage]

Hahahahhahahahah!

Phage, telling it like it is. This is why he's the man and you are not.

I told myself just to ignore your comment, but then again it seems so infantile... I just had to point it out.
Who cares who the man is?

I have nothing against Phage - we are not arguing... get over what ever you think is happening - because it is not.

Now, are you going to post something ON topic about this OR not? This is a discussion forum, not a high school chat room.

The object in question could VERY well be space debris - and most likely IS - but with the high resolution pictures and the form it takes as it is in freefall plays tricks with the human mind.

I hunted down the high res pictures, even put them up on my personal account so all could see them and all could download them, and the thanks I get is some guy taking a crack at me?

Yeah, welcome to the internet.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Honestly though, these series of pictures prove nothing. We can debate about it for years (and likely will
), I think it is nothing but debris, some think it is the "Black Knight" satellite, some think it is an alien craft apparently. It really doesn't matter because it is apparent no one is going to agree. So in the long run these pictures are going to amount to AT BEST a "???" category in ufology (although I doubt they will make it that far as I think it is obvious it is debris). Just a thought in page 10 of a likely (to be) 40 plus page thread.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Well add another to the X-Files. I'll try to solve it later. -yawns- every one of those pictures it looked different. It was in free fall and yet the object didn't even look as if it were spiraling. Maybe a transformer. Or space junk.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Honestly though, these series of pictures prove nothing. We can debate about it for years (and likely will
), I think it is nothing but debris, some think it is the "Black Knight" satellite, some think it is an alien craft apparently. It really doesn't matter because it is apparent no one is going to agree. So in the long run these pictures are going to amount to AT BEST a "???" category in ufology (although I doubt they will make it that far as I think it is obvious it is debris). Just a thought in page 10 of a likely (to be) 40 plus page thread.

No, this thread will probably not solve the mystery of the UFO phenomenon.

And as you well know jkrog, it doesn't really matter what kind of well-documented UFO case you throw at people, a tiny portion of them will always go into denial and cling to just about any reason to refute it.

It doesn't have to be a good reason, just any reason will do, since 'common sense' tells us that if there's even the slightest possibility that a UFO can be explained, somehow, then it looses its credibility and we can just laugh it off and ignore it.

What I was aiming at here was to show people how ignorant it is that 'common sense' tells us that since there's so much debris up there in orbit, that's what it must be. Kind of like saying that any UFO spotted close to an airport must be an airplane, since there's so many of them there, or any UFO spotted near a military base must be a military experiment, that's just 'common sense'.

Look at the object and tell me what it is. If you can't, that makes it an Unidentified Flying or Orbiting Object.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
OK SO, HUMOUR ME FOR A SECOND HERE

if there is sooooooo much space debris in orbit, which we can all somewhat agree on, then, can someone post a picture of some space junk that resembles these pictures, namely the one with the 3 lights on the left side

surely if there is sooooo much space junk, there must be atleast one image somewhere around that resembles what im looking at here

no one has even attempted to compare this unknown object to the common space debris mentioned

show me a picture, thats all it takes

that would be a simple way for the skeptics to prove their point

until then i am not convinced at all

THANKS

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Dvice

I'll humor you! You're saying that you're not convinced, because if those images display 'normal' spacejunk, we should have other images of the same stuff.

However, spacejunk is .. just that. Junk, in space. It could be anything. Phage did a great job of looking it up:

During spacewalks debris, both small and large, are
often thrown off the station for convenience, although
sometimes tools unintentionally slip away. Such was
the case in December 1998 when a slidewire carrier
and a worksite interface were lost by the STS-88 crew
while conducting an extravehicular activity (EVA) for
ISS. These objects were large enough to be tracked by
the U.S. SSN and were cataloged (U.S. satellite
numbers 25564 and 25565). Three other objects were
also released by STS-88 spacewalkers, one
inadvertently (an insulation blanket) and two by design
(antenna spools), although only the former was
officially cataloged (Debris, 1999).

ntrs.nasa.gov...

The only way to convince you of anything, would be to find another series of pictures with slidewire carriers, worksite interfaces, and antenna spools? No lies here when I say that I don't even know how they look right here on earth, never mind floating around in space. The only pictures I have seen of slidewire carriers floating through space have to be those - and I strongly doubt being able to find another photo of these objects in space.

I'll try though.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join