It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who in their Right mind, wants the end to come?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I'm not of the thought of us pushing Armageddon on the world to bring forth this "Rapture". When he comes it will be on Gods terms not some strung out hair brained Screaming ministers "Vision" of when it's to occur.

And where exactly did I say anything remotely close to that?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I think most people would like the end of corrupt governments, banks, monetary system through the elite of the world. The wealth in the world shared throughout and not just in the pockets of the few.
We would like all supressed technologies made available to all and everybody given the chance of wholsome and sustainable lives in happiness.
Spend more time with family and friends and less time at work chasing money like theirs no tommorrow (slavery) and retiring at 60 -70 when you are almost over the hill to enjoy the abundance life can have to offer.

Sometimes it seems like we should start EARTH all over again and see if we can get it right, but we just need people to change from being content with the way things are and focus on what we all can be.

Lets hope it changes in our lifetimes or we are the pioneers that help to make our society change for the better....

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
It doesn't worry me if the end of times came during my lifetime. Normal life and apocalyptic life seems like it'd be crap anyway, but at least apocalyptic life could shorten my lifespan.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Am I the only one getting tired of the ever more popular "argument" that people that don't agree with me are insane/have something wrong with them? Favorite mass media spin tactic right there.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
You see this is the kinda hypercritical talk i don't like, and its not about you as a person.

God is going to send his son back for a SECOND time to JUDGE us???

When it says in the bible DO NOT JUDGE

what part of that is not making any sense?

This is pretty basic fare in Christian theology and Biblical literature. The Bible makes it clear that God is the ultimate Judge that everyone must give an answer to for his deeds and misdeeds in this life. Both Old and New Testaments make that explicit.

The earliest Christian creeds confess God's place as judge and that Christ will judge the living and the dead on the last day.

There is no contradiction in the idea that Jesus prohibits unjust judgment on your neighbor while also reserving God's power and right to judge His own creation in the end.

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
Total nonsensical garbage only to brain wash you to be a mindless little drone..

It's not nonsensical garbage. You just either do not like it or do not understand it. And calling me a mindless little drone doesn't win any points for your side, mate. That's simply an intimidation tactic, which has zero effect on me.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by Praetorian Guard]

[edit on 4-8-2009 by Praetorian Guard]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
A person who doesn't care for the human race is a person the human race does not want.

You wan't to be a part of that?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Most people are tired of the corruption and the evil! There is so much evil going on in the world, similar to the days of Noah. It's time for a spring cleaning, out with the old, in with the new. A new heaven and a new earth, sounds good to me!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorian Guard

Well I did not call you a mindless little drone but, i do think Religion is a form of control

just like money and all the rest of the pointless rubbish we cling to as we wait to be judged by the supreme one

Im sorry if my comment seemed directed at you that was not my intention so i will say sorry just in case

[edit on 4-8-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The world as it stands is toxic, painful to live in if you're even slightly aware of what's going on. Haven't you had the experience of reading about something, seeing the news, and being devastated by what our species is capable of? Small evils, big evils, evils so massive that we can't even comprehend?.

People don't really want the end of everything, they don't want armageddon. What they want is for the evil to end. For a chance to reset, restart. They don't truly want the nightmare, they want the hope that the nightmare will end eventually, that we can wake up afterwards, and the world will be born anew.

It's hard to look at the way things are, to feel so without power, and without hope of things changing, without hope of being able to change. I think the people that desire "the end", are the people that see things the way they are and wish that it could be different.. the path we're on is slowly destructive.. maybe it's better to amputate, save the life but not the limb.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The End of Time, maybe, the End Of Civilisation As We Know It, Perhaps.

The End of the Planet, No. the End of Humanity, No.

I would like to see an end to the Time Is Money, Greed Is Good, Business is Business etc paradigm.

the end of Central Banks and War, yes, hopefully.
the end of Corporate Greed, wouldnt that be nice...

The start of a new paradigm with all lessons learned.
The start of a new civilisation with freedom and sovereignty of the individual at its core? oh yes!
wouldnt it be nice for all the things that drain our time and energy we coulld put towards our love - our friends, family, pets, wild creatures etc

..and all without billions of deaths?

it would be nice eh?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
I'll start off by saying this.

Who in their right mind, (excluding, mentally ill, and diseased peoples) wants the end of times to come!?

This is ridiculous, yet it is becoming more and more abundant among people, especially on ATS, for the want of the end of times to come in this life time.

Then that might suggest its natural for one to contemplate death or ending of a situation by any means if they suffer.

Ever had kidney stones?

Massive psychological failing would mean society is sick and I don't mean just a few wackos or religious people this includes atheists, and malthusian who feel they should die for their sin of existing and in duplicity mad as hell about it enough to wish thier disfunction on the rest of the world.

The sheer lack of love period is enough for a perfectly healthy adjust successful human being to pull the rip cord on life.

So no. it isn't a problem. its perfectly normal. One way or another if it upsets you you should probably work on your own internal hot buttons.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Inannamute

Yeah I agree with that - that for the most part some people aren't wishing the whole explosive End of the World...rather they are just want the pain to end, the suffering to be no more and the evil within this world to but a distant memory.

Like you say, perhaps some people dream of being able to just wake up and the world is anew.

I do agree, however (and I'm not targetting this at you, just tossing out an opinion) in some ways I kinda see that as almost being a lack of personal responsibility. The desire to just wake up and *hello* the problem is solved.
As sucky as it most certainly is - I don't think we (as in Mankind) are gonna get off that easy.
If this world is a mess, if this world has issues/problems/pain and suffering WE have had a nice big hand in bringing them into being...so too we can have a hand in picking up the proverbial litter thats been strewn around rather than just point at it and complain theres litter everywhere and that someone should clean it all up.

Give you an example:
I work within a Hospital setting - and our Nursing Staff-room often has empty sugar containers, or no tea, or no coffee (NO COFFEE!!!! ARGH!!!!!)...yet people can't seem to be fagged taking 5 minutes out of their day to walk up a level, open up the store-room and bring down some more sugar/tea/coffee or whatever.
Instead they comment "Theres no sugar" or "Theres no tea".
Next person will do the same, and the next and the next. People will complain and point out the fault but few will actually expend what little energy and time it may take to actually rectify the *fault*.
Everyone is aware of the *fault*. Noone seems actually willing to do much more than utilise their time and energy to point it out and complain about it.

Normally I'm the one who refills the containers...why? Because I want a coffee and can't be fagged spending half a day moaning about an issue when it'll take me 5 minutes to fix it. Its no big thing, and I'd rather not immerse myself in the poison of complaining. Its just a downer, gets you in a bad mood and less positively focussed - and in the Health sector you really need to be positively focussed lest your negativity *spills over* to your patients. Last thing they need.

Absolutely there are MAJOR issues in this world.
Absolutely many of them aren't as easily fixed as a short 5 minute walk to the storeroom and back.
Absolutely there are those who will do everything in their power to impede anything you do to rectify anything.
Absolutely its highly likely that much suffering, much pain etc will continue no matter what you do as an individual.

BUT...

If you make a difference for ONE person - even if that person is yourself - then you HAVE made a change.
If you cause but ONE smile, you have made a change.
If you volunteer some time to a Soup Kitchen, or a Neighbourhood Watch group or some other social organisation you have made a change.

Will your individual actions actions make the whole world a rosey place? Probably not. But its likely it'll make it somewhat more rosey for that person.

The other offshoot of it is you may find its also made the world just a bit more rosey FOR YOU.

Working within the Health Sector and social services, Womens Refugees, Community Mental Health Teams, Rape Crisis, Youth Offending, Homeless Shelters etc etc for some 14 years, yes, seen a whole bunch of evil and pain.
Just the other day we had an referral for an 11 year old girl, Meth Addict, has been frying/fried up since she was 10! And has been prostitued out to other family members in payment for the supply...

...sick sick sick...yes indeed I do despair when I see such levels of evil...

...I'm just hoping that our work with this young girl will in some ways bring some light back to her darkness, and maybe - just maybe - keep her from going down a darker road...

So - enough of the soapbox preachy novel-type reply...just really people. Sometimes hope is all you have...keep it burning.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

I absolutely get what you're saying, and I see the same thing in my job - lots of people who instead of spending even 30 seconds to fix a problem, will spend hours waiting for someone else to do it, and yeah, usually I'm the one that, even if I'm far busier than them, will be fixing it. To me, it's ridiculously inefficient not to fix problems as they arise, whatever it is.. Even better, if I can figure out a way to prevent that problem, I usually will..

And yes, we can all make things better in our own little way, but I still do see where you can throw as much light as you want into the world, and there would still be so much darkness, so many people working actively against you.

It's like there's an equation.. Good people - Bad people - lazy people.. There are always fewer people on the good side of the equation, people acting for good.. There's the most people on the lazy side, but because they never take action to stop things, they're essentially almost as bad as the people actively making things worse.. I think people want the end of the world to happen, so that maybe they have a chance to get rid of that "lazy" group, because in a survival situation, those are the ones that will be gone first.. the ones who have spent their lives not acting..

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inannamute
reply to post by alien

And yes, we can all make things better in our own little way, but I still do see where you can throw as much light as you want into the world, and there would still be so much darkness, so many people working actively against you.

Oh absolutely...absolutely.

We can be but one lightbulb...and one lightbulb may light up a single room but it won't light up a whole house, certainly not a neighbourhood and most definitely not a town, less a city, even less a country, forget a whole world.

But you get a few lightbulbs together and maybe you light up a house.
Maybe just maybe your neighbours then decide to be lightbulbs also and light up theirs....
Yeah some people are lazy, or apathetic...some people are also people who kinda want to be a lightbulb but perhaps aren't willing to be the first one to turn on the light...but if someone else does then in some ways it gives them encouragement to flick their own switch as well.

Another example:
I've attended numerous of crisis situations...be they medical or be they psychiatric.
What I notice is often the average citizen will stand around, wanting to do something...anything...but not having that courage or invitation or knowledge or whatever to get in and lend a hand.
However, as soon as you start doing something then sure enough they'll step forward and get involved, offer help/assistance.
All they needed was someone to start the ball rolling.

Maybe for some people any perceived lack of action is due to that.

...because in a survival situation, those are the ones that will be gone first.. the ones who have spent their lives not acting..

Gotta agree with you there also. Seen some immense *stupidity* over the years. People in immediate danger and harms way...who just stand around like "What? Where?". Their lack of action could well have gotten them killed.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

I don't think we (as in Mankind) are gonna get off that easy. If this world is a mess, if this world has issues/problems/pain and suffering WE have had a nice big hand in bringing them into being..

So true, So true.

I think that people are fed up and bored.. bored and tired of waiting for god to come down on his pale white horse ; )

I mean think about it.. what is it we are waiting for? for what? God? to come down and destroy / judge us?.. is that why we are stuck in limbo??

I think well since we are here, what is stopping us making heaven on earth while we wait? because right now we are doing a half arsed job about it..

We whine alll the time.. then i think? why are we whining? we was made and created by something.. in able to be order to whine.. mankind is ungrateful and selfish..

So what now? shall we just keep wishing to be saved? or shall we get off our back side and start acting like HUMANS not brain dead people who get brain sucked by the TV, Money and the rest of the crap we get fed.

Mk Ultra is real very very real.. i do not own a tv and i do not want one.. i love my computer yes but even my computer is a "part" of the very same system we all bitch about..

We have so many choices and so much crap all mixed up in the one thing we call reality.

This is going to be HARD to say the least to try and "improve" our chance of survival as a race...

I do not wish to end up like T rex and his pals.. im thinking more like the BORG

so sign me up for a big cube collective thing that assimulates everything learns and so forth.. "no crappy costumes tho please lol or fighting with the clingons"

sorry for the star trek thing.. but hey look at ants.. they are the borg and so are bees and most of the other bugs and critters on this planet

We stand out from the crowed because we FAIL at doing ANYTHING as a team, im not talking about going to work but i mean as a race WE FAIL...

because of petty issues, sad really..

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I think it's obvious, these people are seriously lost and they simply want someone or something to save them from their own sad, miserable existence. Probably the main reason why they believe in all this end times nonsense. Unfortunately the only person that can save them, is themselves, they just haven't worked it out yet. It's sink or swim time.
Nobody said life was fair.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I pray every day that the time will come soon......!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Yeah. Turns out the happy people are either ignorant or arrogant. Or worse, a perfect blend of both.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This is an audio Deep Trance Meditation (DTM) session by Douglas James Cottrell www.youtube.com...

and concerns the "end times" Mr. Cottrell claims (who knows but his "visions / readings" feel right to me) to be able to access the akashic records (universal cpu / library - mind of god) on the question of "are we entering into the end times" his response is interesting. Full of hope and made me feel better.

Just 5:31 minutes of your time.

Quite interesting and I think insightful.

Hope, we need to believe that mankind will progress and although there will be some rough times to survive - survive we will.

Mankind is growing and learning that we are all connected. Service only to self is destructive and service to others is going to be where it is at.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by ofhumandescent]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join