It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who in their Right mind, wants the end to come?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
maybe the ones who saw the REAL world ... not an imaginary world

there are so much sick people in this world that really, I cannot imagine us changing this thing around

if the leaders of this world doesnt do # about it ... how can we change anything

I guess these type of people gave up in the world

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
From a Christian point of view, the end is merely the end of this age of human history and the cosmos as it now stands.

We believe that God will bring the current system to an end by sending Jesus back to judge all people. Once that's complete, the old cosmos will be transformed into the new creation (which actually began at the resurrection of Christ...completed at a future date when Christ returns).

For Christians, the end is a transitional event. Those living will be transformed and those who have died will be raised back to life, whole, immortal, and powerful. (We even believe non-Christians will be resurrected...so, if you're an atheist right now, on that day try to remember this post.

So, while there may be nihilists peeing themselves with the thought of obliteration and doom, Christians are looking forward to the general resurrection, the new heavens and earth, and an eternal age of glory, beauty, and freedom from death and sorrow.

Not all Christians believe the end is just around the corner. I, for one, believe the end will come many thousands of years from now...tens or even hundreds of thousands of years from now. But, even these believers look for the end with excitement.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Oh yes, most are, and I'm not even excluding myself from extermination because I never done my best yet.

Many people forget Armageddon comes for EVERYONE.

In order to die one must be here to live it

here is a question for you.

what was the place called you came from be for you was born?

; )

did anyone stop to ask that or was it just from gods soul making factory ?

lol

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorian Guard

You see this is the kinda hypercritical talk i don't like, and its not about you as a person.

God is going to send his son back for a SECOND time to JUDGE us???

When it says in the bible DO NOT JUDGE

what part of that is not making any sense?

God is a pain and his son was a a monty python character, like from the life of brian.

Total nonsensical garbage only to brain wash you to be a mindless little drone..

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger

Many people forget Armageddon comes for EVERYONE.

In order to die one must be here to live it

You seem to hate Christianity so much then you mention things from the Bible to argue with.

Sounds like trolling to me.

Listen, if you got a big problem. It's best to keep it to yourself than use the forums as outlet and spread all that negative emotions

[edit on 3-8-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

exuse me I am as free as you to comment I can voice my "GOD GIVEN RIGHT" to say what I wish long as I follow ATS rules so if you do not mind keep your petty comments to ones self..

as the saying goes, if you have nothing nice to say then do not say it.

and just because I not believe in the bible the way you do, do not come at me with you HATE Christianity argument.

Thall shall not judge. Do you think you are better than me because you read the bible and can qoute mathew 12:20 or something?

It is people like that who make this world HELL.

If all the bible bashers had there way we would all be back in the stone ages

and the goes for ALL of them. Not just the Christians..

Just for your information xmas is fake and so is Easter, both are celebrations that came from roam and they were pagan

and christens use the Gregorian calendar.

look it up

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
reply to post by Praetorian Guard

You see this is the kinda hypercritical talk i don't like, and its not about you as a person.

God is going to send his son back for a SECOND time to JUDGE us???

When it says in the bible DO NOT JUDGE

what part of that is not making any sense?

God is a pain and his son was a a monty python character, like from the life of brian.

Total nonsensical garbage only to brain wash you to be a mindless little drone..

I think you should post the whole biblical quote. It isn't only "do not judge".

It is "do not judge lest ye be judged"

Here is a quick explanation of the quote. I found it easily just by googling the correct quote.

Matt. 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

This is the verse so many use to try to shame Christians for discerning poor behavior, ethics, morals, and values: the "judge not lest ye be judged" verse. So many times people, mostly teens have emailed us saying "judge not lest you be judged" regarding our analysis reports which reveal to their parents the content of movies. Using only Matt 7:1 is entirely incomplete. This verse is not speaking to not judging at all -- it is speaking to not judging unfairly or any other cheap and selfish way. Read the rest of the story ...

Matt 7:2-5 "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged [if we judge with an evil heart or dark intent, His judgment of us will reflect it; if we judge nobly with honesty and justice, His judgment of us will reflect that, too], and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you [if we use extremes or exaggerations or other ignoble means, our judgment will reflect it and judging with fairness and compassion will garner likewise in His judgment of us]. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye [point out his sins, "minor" in Jesus' example here] and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye [our own sins, even and especially those we will not admit, magnified by our selective blindness]? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' [tell him of his "minor" sins] when all the time there is a plank in your own eye [that there are greater or the same sins in our own lives which we do nothing about or think we are above]? You hypocrite* [pointing out the sins of others while by pretense thinking of ourselves as above sin], first take the plank out of your own eye [sincerely ask the Lord for forgiveness and learn and live the Truth and Light by His Word], and then you will see clearly [be in a righteous position] to remove the speck from your brother's eye [to judge and to help him out of his bondage to sin]." At Galilee, the Decapolis, Jerusalem, Judea and the region across the Jordan, Jesus was talking to the multitudes gathered there after hearing of His message and of His healings to beseech them to not become like the pharisees and hypocrites who think they are above sin.

www.capalert.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I guess most members of ATS in all topic sections are lookin for proof.

The admin of ATS are well aware of this need within American society.

Hence the evolution of ATS from one small UK based forum, sold onto the USA based mass media/advertising/profit makin network that we contribute too everyday.

But we are all goin to face an end, its inevitable.

Some people want that cushion to fall onto, the fear lesson`s for them.

They don`t admit it, but most humans need something to live for.

And that need manifests into beliefs and theories, commonly following either a great future than the present or end of humanity.

I guess its better than admitting in 40 yrs time they`ll still be on the planet struggling to pay the bills and getting closer to death.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by electrodom]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Well, our existence is pretty meaningless.

Sure its possible to have fun while being on the ride, and I think its a good idea, but at the same time, I do understand people who take no pleasure in their lives and want everything to end.

Isnt it natural? I think you would have to be pretty superficial to not see whats wrong with the world today. We are running in hamster wheels. Greed and shallow people are everywhere. The news are depressing. There is no inner growth going on. The only way to be happy with your life is basically to just care about yourself and your own needs. And lots of people do.

So whats going to change the world for the better? Or should we be happy with the way it is today? Perhaps we just need to eat some happy pills....

[edit on 3-8-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I pointed out how hypercritical people can be who push religion down people necks yet the same people use money use the internet sin everyday "and it says you are born a sinner in the bible..."..

so what now? you going to tell me you are better than me because you sin less?

Sorry i did not think this was a compertion for the love of god.. I mean after all he made me

why bother? just so i can repent?

or did he make me just to get on with life and stop bitching about being here

very selfish if you ask me... when considering most of the evil crap on this planet has nothing to do with god but man, but yet we ask god to change it when we have the power to..

gods a COP OUT for people with no back bone who look in the mirror and see what they want to project.. not what they feel inside..

Know Thy Self

a lot of people need to put that saying into action and stop pretending.

makes me sick

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Screw cute little polar bears, or koalas, we can think, they can't acknowledge their existance we should live,

According to some xian artwork, the cute little koalas and bunny rabbits will be joyfully playing with the cute little cobras and tigers lol.

It's so sad that xtians choose to abuse young minds with this BS.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Sorry i did not think this was a compertion for the love of god.. I mean after all he made me

Sorrry dude, but according to the majority of xtians, their god did not make all of you, he only made the bits of you that he likes.

The bits of you that he doesn't like seem to have just appeared out of nothing.

Hm, where have I heard that concept being laughed at with contempt before ?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Who in their Right mind, wants the end to come?

What foetus, in its right mind, would want the end of its existence in the womb, and to be born into a new life outside?

I get a little sick when I see SITX threads, that people are expecting it, but reading posts, where they seem to not only expect it, nor only anticipate it, but want it,

Some of us grow weary. Life here has not always been easy. The prospect of "living forever" as you put it, isn't necessarily a pleasant one for everyone. To some, "the end" may be seen as an opportunity to rest. To be freed of the burden of obligation that we feel.

i'm sure many will go into religion, but i'd like to stay away from that, so there is some middle ground between me and my religious brothers, some middle ground at least

Ok. Then let me put it this way: it's easy to want to live forever when you're having a good time. It's not so easy when day after day is a terrible burden. To some of us life has become a horrible job that we never wanted, with coworkers we loathe, and stale coffee from last week. Our clients have been asking about our products for years, but aren't going to buy them, and we wonder what value there is in continuing to show up every day to answer their questions.

I speak in metaphor, yes, but to be more literal, what joy is left in this life to justify accepting the contiuous tedium of living? Yes, I enjoy chocolate cake, and playing with kittens and pictures of pretty girls in website ads...but are these joys enough to make me feel excited to wake up each day? For some people they are, and for some of us they aren't.

I've felt this way for years. I imagine many others have too.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by LordBucket]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Well, our existence is pretty meaningless.

No its not our society is meaningless.. there is a difference.

You see many people equate LIFE with being human when in fact life is all around you.

A tree is ALIVE is it not? so that is LIFE

So OUR "job" is to BE here .. for what reason you ask? well would one not notice what life DOES?

Life Replicates

so what has life got to do with a universe filled with suns and rock all manner or things "even things we do not know"

Pretty easy to work out

you live inside something that is alive and how it works is via a question of of ones mind.

We are the same thing that created the universe.. or we would not be here

Symmetry

can not have one with out the other.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Just pointing out your misunderstanding of that paticular quote you used. I could give a crap how you feel. It doesn't affect me one little bit.

Hate God, don't believe in him, love him.

Makes no differance to me.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

indeed

sad really is it not?...

check this

Gay person vs god nutter

Gay person : Hi im gay
God Nut : Your evil and will burn in HELL!!!
Gay person : Why?
God Nut : Because god said you cant be gay or you go to hell n stuff
Gay person : But god made me? i did not ask to be gay?
God Nut : YOUR GOING TO BURRRN IN HELLL !!!!
Gay person : erm ok ....

Thats how i see it most of the time

Hypercritical people make me sick.

god made us all sinners so we can win pop idol and win who loves god the most... PATHETIC

I aint gods bitch hes my bitch lol... well i like to think so after all he just made my post LOL "ironic"

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

and why should it after all you took the time to correct me did you not?

or was you using semantics ?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Gay person : But god made me? i did not ask to be gay? God Nut : YOUR GOING TO BURRRN IN HELLL !!!! Gay person : erm ok ....

You missed the bit where they try and gain positions of authority in order to make or change laws to prevent that which god (allegedly)created living in a manner he was created to live.

The joke is "we can have free will, but not you because you're not one of us".

Then they teach this filth to children.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by moocowman]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Well I suppose yall want to stay under the modern day Pharoh (Governments taking advantage of the peoples) and watch wickedness run amock in our streets (due to wicked men who are never held accountable) and you want to continue to watch the world spiral out of control >Men cannot bring a better world about because it was men who brought this one about to where it is ...Man is evil from his youth ...and gets wickeder and wickeder with each passing day ....If this is the world you choose to be a part of then this is the world you will get and go down with (when it comes to its end) Dream on of your utopian heaven on earth its not gonna happen with mankind in charge ...as the god of this world (satan) is always in the background ruling through YOU (mankind) .........

The whole purpose of the end is to put a stop to all of the wickedness and start with a new Government (Where GOD HIMSELF will rule and will rule justly) and a new society with all wickedness GONE >.......no more pain ..no more sickness no more hurting one another no more death .....no more war ...no more scientific experiments ..etc etc ............satan will have come to his end of ruling this world and so will the men who do his will ..

EVEN SO LORD COME AND COME QUICKLY ......

Do I look forward to how it will end and how many will suffer during its fall NO ...do I look forward to the better world to come where JESUS will be in charge YES >>....

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
If we leave religion out of it for a minute, it should be clear to most that the current capitalistic, imperialistic system is unsustainable on a spiritual level as well as a physical level.

So when some people sound like they are looking forward to the end of civilization it's because they know that the old must perish for something new and better to arise.

My 2 cents, you can go back to bashing each other with religion/atheism now...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join