It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who in their Right mind, wants the end to come?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I'll start off by saying this.

Who in their right mind, (excluding, mentally ill, and diseased peoples) wants the end of times to come!?

This is ridiculous, yet it is becoming more and more abundant among people, especially on ATS, for the want of the end of times to come in this life time.

What could of possibly spawned such *god* awful thinking to emerge!

This seems like a thought that many would be in denial of it, yet so many aren't in denial, aren't unaware, but WANT it to happen.

You've seen the threads. "When is it going to happen, god I wish it was over with already". Sorry, the end of the world, isn't something you 'get over'. It's end game.

I suppose this could be from religious teachings of, 'when the end comes, a new heaven and new earth, and 1,000 years of happiness, little turbulation from the red guy, then eternity of happiness'. That sounds nice, but I an atheist have found myself surcoming to the thoughts of wanting the end times to come.

We are all vulnerable to this thought process.

Which I find disgusting, from an evolutionary viewpoint, we should want the pinnacle of life, to live forever, the endless search for the holy grail. It seems that has been given up, and we are now hoping for an intervention to end everything.

But i'm digressing, by closing in on a call to arms to help the world, that's not the point i'm trying to make.

This will probably be one of my few true conspiratal.

Is there some 'suicidal' psychological want for the end of humanity?

What purpose would this serve? It seems illogical for this to be something to be sought after.

I just can't imagine, that I and i'm sure you others (who may proclaim your blah blah hippy mumbo jumbo here) feel this way too, maybe a little bit to an extreme, see this as something fun, or exciting.

I get a little sick when I see SITX threads, that people are expecting it, but reading posts, where they seem to not only expect it, nor only anticipate it, but want it, may the word anticipate be used to want it then it's fitting in the latter.

Is the desire for a 'end time' built in, or constructed during life? Honest question.

This is meant to be highly speculative, and i'm sure many will go into religion, but i'd like to stay away from that, so there is some middle ground between me and my religious brothers, some middle ground at least

I can't help but sense a conspiracy for this.

And wonder if it's whether

A) Religion
B) Built in from mayan calendar building anticipation
C) Psychological malfunction, disorder that's quite common.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Well, I agree that it is strange that some are wanting the end, but I see it this way.

In history when a society was displeased with the way things were going they simply left or revolted... One can no longer do this for he has no place to go ( since all land and building rights are owned by someone - nationality & security BS - and so on.... )

Second step that generally takes place is that people are no longer motivated, they become ignorant and they loose the point of view that kept previous generations going. ( = Our world for the last 20 years or so ).

Last step is loosing the will to live, this could be on a personal or collective level. And this is what`s happening now.

I tend to hope for the end from time to time as well, because after all, what`s the point ? As soon as someone can anwser that question decent - I might rethink a thing or two...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Lunatyx

I think the point would merely be for your child to survive you or loved ones at that. Simply put.

We have kind of run out of room, and without looking toward other planets, we are overwhelmingly 'stuck' on the pale blue dot, if I may say it that way.

It seems though, imo that people don't want just a end to the gov't but humanity! Which is stunning.

From black panther members calling on the deaths of all white people and vice versa, and so on and so on, for those who want everyone to be gone, while each beg that a compromise isn't possible at all. That the end of everything would be the best, is quite disgusting, and a bizarre form of thinking to think that.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

It is like running in a race that eventually ends and the end of a cliff. You can either take the fast way or the short way. But either way choose, there is nothing at the end.

So I agree, I just can't understand why someone would worship the end times.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scooby Doo

It is like running in a race that eventually ends and the end of a cliff. You can either take the fast way or the short way. But either way choose, there is nothing at the end.

Kevorkian would agree.

We have all I believe fantasized a bit of what it'd be like to go back to instictive basics, and away from the rat race, but I think this is something we must overcome, yet, more and more countries seem to be indulged in it.

Iran claims to be able to build a nuke now, kind of frightening if true.

Seeming as the have the devil may care attitude, allah may care whatever.

Or jews donating money to rebuild the temple not for respect or anything, but for the hope that it will bring about the end of times, it's bizarre, and I feel very scary for people like me, just wishing to live thise life to its greatest!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I appreciate your thoughts, this talk gets me kinda depressed too sometimes. But, I don't really think an "end" will ever come for humanity or Earth, I have become aware of a cycle that goes on and on, and Earth and we the people are right in the middle of it. Take a good look at our planet. There are cities beneath the seas, and sea shells on tops of mountains. The evidence is clear that the Earth has shifted on it's poles several times before, if you doubt this, take a good look at the Woolly Mammoths.
www.talkorigins.org...
We have been here before, people, all we need do is remember. the Ancients left us many clues, al over the world, and we heed them not. The cycle will end someday, and we will al pas over for a time, then return to a pristine new world. There will never be an end to mankind, in my considered opinion, for mankind is not only connected to all life everywhere in the universe, if mankind did all come to an end, it would effect all other live in the universe.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scooby Doo

I do not worship the end times. But seeing humans like the way they are right now, I wouldn't even try to stop any calamity that's coming to wipe out humanity even if I had the means to stop it.

I care about the welfare of Nature and Universe, all that humanity has done is make conditions miserable for all life in this planet. We do not own everything, and we especially aren't the only ones that has the right to live. And especially think that any species that slowly sucks the life out of another living thing(Earth and nature) doesn't deserve to spread in the Universe.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Humans arent all bad.

But I think you see them all as that.

Not that i'm not a human :/

I care about life, but 99.99 percent of all living things are now extinct.

So why are we so concerned with polar bears and stuff, oh the humans are the most evil of all.

Survival of the fittest. Although we should respect humanity, then respect our brothers, if not we would've died to begin with.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Christian fundamentalists Believe in the end times and are looking forward to the
Rapture

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

lol so true!!

The only people who wish to see "in fact witness it first hand"

are nutters
simple

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Sometimes I do, and sometimes I dont

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by daveslaine
Sometimes I do, and sometimes I dont

Could you possibly elaborate on this more?

Please.

link   
shoot this was a triple post! maybe ats glitched?

[edit on 3-8-2009 by Republican08]

link   
Double post darnit.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/foru

What could of possibly spawned such *god* awful thinking to emerge!

Er well erm, the jesus god

yes indeed, christianity simply cannot exist without, war death and fear.

In fact xtianity positively thrives on war death and fear, this wicked religion propped up by lost deluded souls is more soul destroying than any government warmongers.

If all babies lived without becoming sick or dying of starvation, if all nations chose to get along instead of killing each other for mineral wealth. If people took responsibility for their own lives instead of handing responsibility over to a beard in the sky.
Christianity would die very quickly.

At the moment xtianity is screaming in it's death throes, as it takes it's last breath it clings to the fear it thrives on, desperately trying to create more.

A group of over (allegedly) 1.3 billion people that worship an instrument of torture, who cannot continue in their delusional belief, without death, war and misery.

The very people that scream the loudest about peace on earth, require the exact opposite in order to sustain their delusional beliefs.

These are some traits these people share in commonality - immature
poor, sick, fearful, insecure, in mourning, manipulative, egocentric, gullible and uneducated, misogynistic, homophobic.

There are very few who do not join or indoctrinated into this delusion, who do not share one or many of these traits.

Each of them looking to where the pastor points "there war" and "over here illness and suffering", without being able to observe these states of human misery, the delusion of christian prophesy cannot be used as spurious proof of the reality of their belief system.

How can humanity have hope of the good things to come, when so many look forward to and need, the prospect of human horror. In order to proclaim -

"You see? Am I not right ?"

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
It's a combination of A and B

The christians have been waiting on the end times forever- they just can't wait for all the non believers to die!! and for them all to be saved!!

and 2012 is gaining momentum fast! only 3 years left according to peeps and the Mayan calender- it's gone mainstream now and if the movie comes out even more peeps will be buying into it

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

The thing is.. this is what confuses me.

God put us all here right? all life, then he says il send my son down "many of them" by all accounts.. then says if you do not behave your going to hell!!!

Even tho he put satan "snake" in the garden of eden to begin with LOL

I think god needs the sack.

Then we have the flip side "no god" ..

So we came out of the blue.. from the big bang... and we are all alone in the universe!! with some aliens "ect"

so no matter what way you look at it we are screwed but that does not mean i wish to end life "human or otherwise" upon this planet or any other for that matter.

Just seems barmy to want "rapture" I mean what do think will happen after it we all go to heaven for a big welcome home party???

how insane can people be.. i dont think half the people get what we are here for...

God does not care about you, why should he? he created you did he not?

all knowing god knows everything even what comes out your mouth right?

Yep yep yep

The first people to judge believe in god, and i find that ironic because in the bible "thall shall not judes is one of the commandments"

God needs the sack asap, we will all be better off for it.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Wow, I don't know what to add, well I do but, I have to humbly say I don't lol.

God who supposedly cares about what a man in Saudia Arabia concerns himself with how many times he fondles and does his wife for fear of the womans death is also concerned with the billions of failed solar systems and black holes galloping across the universe, seems quite miniscule.

I would love a rapture, would actually love to be after a rapture because it'd mean hey, i'm wrong, but 2,000 years later, it seems like hey maybe we should move on, and forget the fairy tales.

Humans for as we know it, is the most intelligent life in the universe, why wish extinction on the most intelligent life in the universe. Screw cute little polar bears, or koalas, we can think, they can't acknowledge their existance we should live, and want life.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
reply to post by ahnggk

Humans arent all bad.

But I think you see them all as that.

Not that i'm not a human :/

I care about life, but 99.99 percent of all living things are now extinct.

So why are we so concerned with polar bears and stuff, oh the humans are the most evil of all.

Survival of the fittest. Although we should respect humanity, then respect our brothers, if not we would've died to begin with.

Oh yes, most are, and I'm not even excluding myself from extermination because I never done my best yet.

Being indifferent and oblivious, is also a bad thing and you are agreeing with all the evil things happening.

I do concern myself with what's left of the Earth. Given the chance, we can set things right. But I'm not seeing any improvement. The kind of thinking you've portrayed is what kills change for the good.

We get wiped out, so be it. We can't deserve to go on as perpetrators and indifferent to the destruction of our surroundings. We can coexist with Nature just nobody is willing to sacrifice about it and do what is right.

P.S. I'm not in my right mind. I am insane, so be it. Those who had sane minds had done nothing so what's the use of sanity??

[edit on 3-8-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

You hit the nail on the head there...

Does a tree ask why it is a tree? "nope"

Why are humans so bloody addicted to asking WHY we are here?? and for what reason!!!

Do you think the very reason you are here is to BE HERE? we need to get our # together be for its too late..

If rapture comes it will be from our own doing and i cant wait too see the looks on the faces of all the bible bashers when the get to heaven and on the pearly gates it says

Sorry closed we are full.

Heaven is full we are all going to hell... and when hell is full we get sent here LOL

so stupid

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join