It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who in their Right mind, wants the end to come?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

you are correct but that is man not god.. or maybe it was god?

point is WHO CARES???

we need to ditch god EVERYONE needs to ditch GOD

god is a load of bullsh`t

Yes we was created for some mad crazy reason but can we PLEASE PLEASE get past that part and WORRY FOR ONCE about BEING ON THIS PLANET and what are we going to do about it??

EARTH is like 5 billion years OLD!!

er hello? humans?? as a race? 500million at the most lol

life its self did not come onto our planet untill after 1.5 billion years we think

1.5 BILLLION YEARS

BILLION!!!!

er hello???????????/////// what part am i missing here?

the down fall of the human race is the collective stupidity of HUMANS... nothing more..

wake up

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I wouldn't mind seeing the end of human civilization.

One way or another it will happen and lets say for a second there isn't a Heaven or Hell. When you die thats it, no more you. I would like to see how it ends. After all most everyone has thought about it once or twice, why die without that last great question answered.

Will Jesus come and battle satan?

Will we be wiped out by a super virus?

Will it be nuclear war?

Will it be an asteroid?

Will it be a black hole?

I want to know.

Now if I die and there is a heaven then I will see it anyways, but I want to be on the safe side and would like it to come around before I die.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

One way or another it will happen and lets say for a second there isn't a Heaven or Hell. When you die thats it, no more you. I would like to see how it ends. After all most everyone has thought about it once or twice, why die without that last great question answered.

you see this is the funny side.. why?? becuase no one stops to ask were we came FROM be for we was born? was it hell? heaven?? or some other place...

logic? you was created, that would mean it had a methord right? in order to create the living in order to die?

life and death are one of the same thing BULLSH`T

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I agree with you that the doom and gloom is counterproductive to us all. But as somebody has stated, the world moves in cycles. Basically, an order is established (through force) and that order continues until people become disillusioned. The current order is not balanced by any means. It is parasitical in nature, It is entropic. It has to lose steam. But, instead of fantasizing about gruesome things like war and destruction, we should focus on the order that should be created. Focusing on vengeance and the like merely resets the current cycle, allowing it to reemerge in its original form. If we want to break the cycle, we have to massively expand our tunnel realities, and start to see the interconnections within the system. It is all based on motivations, IMO. A society that has no respectable moral underpinnings (I am not talking about dogma)always eats itself. Our system in America siphons money upward. Eventually the host is tapped out. We move abroad. Eventually that host is tapped out. We then turn inward, feeding on ourselves. We can transcend this cyclic dilemma, however.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

During the times when I am in my right mind, I hope for the best.

At the times when I am in my wrong mind, I fear the worst.

Hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Thou shall not judge is a fount of wisdom. It has always bothered me as well that Christianity (as a collective, but not on the personal level necessarily, as I have known and know very loving, forgiving Christians, who of course, seem to have little power within the church) is so unlike the Christ portrayed. Stopping judgment and forgiving others and self is a key to truly, honestly look at your very own motivations, and a gateway to change and evolve these motivations if necessary. It is a way to perpetually transcend yourself, as you conceive of yourself. But I also do not lay blame, because power and control of the parasitic nature rule the highest levels of this planet. Any graceful ideology is certain to be corrupted almost before it starts. Some parasite is always benefiting from the current cycle, and will stab grace in the heart before it can say Jack Robinson. That is why it is so very important for us to truly be honest with ourselves, get over ourselves, and not need that heroine fix of constant external approval. Doing things for external approval, as a motivational factor, perpetuates the old, and we see where that gets us. But we must be open to external wisdom, however. Sort of uniting the inner with the outer.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by orwellianunenlightenment]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
reply to post by Praetorian Guard

When it says in the bible DO NOT JUDGE

the quote about judging, to be more specific, is this:

"For with the judgement you make, you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get."

so feel free to judge... but karmic (cosmic) law will hold you to the same standards you hold everyone else to. to me, the quote is more a warning about hypocricy, then an explicit "do not do" type thing.

i am no fan of the bible, but to refute a whole religious culture based upon surface observations of random facts and quotes seems a bit too quick to ~judge~.

;-)

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
and now my own 3 cents on this post.

firstly: from an ecological perspective -

the human condition is having a rather detrimental effect on this planet. if we continue with our current practices, how many more enviornmental holacausts shall we create? at what further cost?

is it better then, for the long-term health of this planet (and its non-human inhabitants), if the human (at least on this global-industrial scale) was purged?

therefor, is it Ok to love and honor this planet so much so that an "end of times" would simply mean an opportunity for this world to heal, whatever the cost to human civilization? the sacrifice for the greater good.

secondly: perhaps the sheer 'epicness' of the whole concept of RADICAL CHANGE is rather appealing. of course, there would be much to fear during an upheaval on a global scale... and yet there is life and growth and power in such moments of chaos. what new creations would occur? how would humans redefine themselves as the engines shut down around us?

'twould be exciting, me dare say.

finally: karmically, i think we humans have *snipped* with things for long enough. perhaps justice is due. perhaps a humbling of our hubrice that allows us to think we can claim and devour all for our own contrivances, and offer little in return but gadgets and warfare.

we've made our bed. seems only fair we take a nap in it.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

Indeed.. that is my point and my reason for keeping MY god and yours close to me.. i have no need for bibles or any "bloke" telling me how to be "free" of soul and mind..

same thing made them just how i was made correct?

so what makes ME better than a tree? or THEM?

ZIP

the only connection we share is LIFE its self .. so lets get on with it shall we

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

why do you ask? should be your question

lets look at this in another way shall we?

god made the universe then from inside the universe came life "ie us" and the rest of the critters on this plant...

then we have another side of the story that we was made via a big bang.. but we was still made "engage new age bullsh`t"

so we are still stuck with 1 problem

why? why or who or what created life as a whole?

my point? WHO CARES? well lets see who cares

bible bashers, enviomentalists, athests erm list is kinda endless...

but is that not the point??

the very question that binds every single human on this planet is THE QUESTION...

we argue over the answer lol

IM RIGHT!!!

NO IM RIGHT!!!

keep on asking my friends because you will NEVER get the answer

infinite universe? odd numbers? P.I wings of a butterfly???

i thought the clues IN YOUR FACE would give it away.. seems not

and you call the human race the apex of life on this planet?

i have seen ants with more brains

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

well dude congrats, you too want the end to come, perhaps yer right, that we all secretly do.

If we didn't we'd all drastically change the way we live...NOW.

yer quote here sums it all up...

I think the point would merely be for your child to survive you or loved ones at that. Simply put.

If you even have kids in this day and age(in the vast majority of cases) then you're just a mindless creature following your instincts, and you've made one helluva contribution to the end of the world...and yet...you see that as the point for not ending it all...

Amazing really, the point for not ending it all is to stick around and contribute to the end because it's not already here. You said it bub, not me. But you may be right.

Now look around your house, have you purchased anything made of plastic recently? The end thanks you for your contribution. Have you gone to work recently, or otherwise participated in our failing system of society, congrats, you too secretly want the worl;d to end...otherwise you would not be doing that. You'd have drastically changed your lifestyle.

Face it, you know its true.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

the quote in your reply to me was not said by me. not sure how that glitch happened.

anyhow... your enthusiasm is appreciated, but the sweeping statements against God come off as absolutist as the 'believers' you are up in arms about.

God (and spirituality) is far too grand a topic to simply write off as delusions of humankind.

However... this is not to say that those who profess to know exactly what God is all about (i'm looking at you evangelists), or those who seek to confine the topic of God/spirituality into their own self-contained belief systems, and leave room for no other perspectives, should be left alone. in fact, they should be justly challenged.

in fact, anyone with a fixed perspective, who defines the vastness of the mysteries of life with absolutes, should be challenged. i guess that's why i'm "challenging" you.

all in good fun, of course.

PS
there is little difference between a fundementalist and an atheist. both are devout in their beliefs. neither is secure enough in their beliefs to question them.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
i dont think it nothin wrong with it,i just think ppl are becoming more aware of the afterlife and realizing death is just a rebirth,i mean for me im not the one wishing for the end but if does come im not going to be runing around crying/screaming in panic....i often have dreams about some crazy castatrophe and i always stand in total peace while everyones runing away and i get wiped out in a big flash of light

i guess it has to do with ppl concept of death even thou there is no such thing as death only tranformation

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

i just erk them

says it all really.. we have always had the answers to every question we ask...

just seems we do not know what it is we are asking

[edit on 3-8-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I found your incorrect assumption about three lines in.
You define the end of the world as being "end game", or, "the end of the line", when in fact the end of the world most people are hoping for ends with the new beginning.
Whether it be the christians view of revelations or the 2012'ers view of ascension, the end times is assumed to go hand in hand witha positive step for humanity, spiritually.
Sure with all the threads on it you could have picked that up

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorian Guard

Hold the Phone...

I'm a Christian to.

I'm not of the thought of us pushing Armageddon on the world to bring forth this "Rapture". When he comes it will be on Gods terms not some strung out hair brained Screaming ministers "Vision" of when it's to occur.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Sorry, I only read the OP. I want to give my opinion on the premise of this thread before I delve deeper.

I don't want the end to come. Do I wholeheartedly believe it's coming. No. Do I think it's possible? Yes. But not in the sense of the end/destruction of Earth. I believe that if there is an "end" coming, it's the end of the old ways.

I'm not speaking of any of this in a biblical sense, just so you know. I'm not a believer in any particular religion.

If any of this is going to happen, I welcome it. Even if I'm not going to survive to see a hopefully advantageous end result for the rest of humanity. I'm sure this means there will be strife and possibly destruction/violence and all that jazz. The reason being that those that want to keep the old way of things aren't going to just lay down and take it. Unfortunately, those who want to follow the old ways are the ones with most of the money and the power. Why? Because the old way was about money and power. The new way isn't and money and power is the only thing "they" have going for them. These people are ego maniacal sociopaths. Without money and power, they feel like they are nothing. And their state of mind does not allow for thoughts of inferiority (that's how they perceive those without money/power. Inferior. They don't want to be like us).

They will fight, destruct, pillage in order to keep their way of life. We've seen this all throughout history. They HAVE TO acquire more and more money. More and more land. More and more resources. More and more control. They feel like, if they don't, they are losing some kind of battle that is only in their minds. They will never, ever, ever be satisfied with what they DO have.

People aren't happy with the way things have been going anymore. People have realized there is much much more to life than money and material things. They simply want to lead happy, productive, comfortable lives. But they also don't want people to continue taking what little they do have away from them or telling them how they should think and live. These people are pushing back.

The followers of the old way know this. They know the "end" is coming and they want to try to acquire as much money and power as they possibly can before their way goes belly up because, for some stupid reason, they think all this money and power will be carried over into this new way of life. That's how stupid they are. They don't realize there will be no need for the money and the power. But there ego maniacal sociopathic minds won't allow them to think such things. They've somehow convinced themselves that by acquiring all this money and power, it will fend off the inevitable.

(If anyone has ever seen the movie "Network" you know I'm right about how they perceive reality. "There are no nations. There is only money" or something to that effect.)

The inevitability of the world changing it's ways. We simply can't go on like this.

If it's possible that we can, it makes me very sad.

So, if it happens it happens and I'm willing to go through whatever it takes to right what I see as a wrong.

If it doesn't happen, well, I guess I'll have to suffer the indignity.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAB19
....i often have dreams about some crazy castatrophe and i always stand in total peace while everyones runing away and i get wiped out in a big flash of light

That's so weird because I have those dreams too with the same sense of, not peace, but indifference. I know they aren't prophetic dreams, by any means. But I always see everyone running around in a fit of panic and, while I am concerned about what's happening, I'm not freaking out. I just have this feeling of "well, it's been a long time coming. Now it's here. Let's roll."

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
There must be something going on. A little idea of mine : life is not about survival, it's about play, this prison civilization forces people to live exactly for that - survival. How can you live for survival when you're gonna die for sure. Nothing else is left except what is allowed - by 10000 laws. So people want an escape. There is really nothing left in this modern, capitalist, world full of safety rules, we are not machines to live like that. It's not in our nature to compete - for work with those around us. We are social beings.

No community, no personal freedom, no personal responsibility - like when you know you own your life, in complete control, no rules, no police - like when you do some rock climbing with no rope. Why do you think people do that sort of stuff ?

Have you heard of the concerned "citizens" of some town in England ? They want a pine tree to be cut down because it's needles could be dangerous for children. We traded Neverland for the asylum.

www.ascentofhumanity.com...

Young people know it most certainly; we call that knowledge idealism. They know that there is a way the world is supposed to be, and a magnificent role for themselves in that more beautiful world. Broken to the lesser lives we offer them, they react with hostility, rage, cynicism, depression, escapism, or self-destruction—all the defining qualities of modern adolescence. Then we blame them for not bringing these qualities under control, and when they finally have given up their idealism we call them mature. Having given up their idealism, they can get on with the business of survival: practicality and security, comfort and safety, which is what we are left with in the absence of purpose. So we suggest they major in something practical, stay out of trouble, don't take risks, build a résumé. We think we are practical and wise in the ways of the world. Really we are just broken and afraid. We are afraid on their behalf, and, less nobly, we are afraid of what their idealism shows us: the plunder and betrayal of our own youthful possibilities.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

If you tune yourself to the natural energy of the universe you would understand it all a bit more.

We ARE at the end times.

Its the end of an age and the beginning of another.

The old world ways of dog eat dog every man for himself is going away. It will take some hard times for all to realize the way we are living is not worth it before we change it all.

Its one of the many mysteries of the universe. We are all in tune with mother nature but some feel it and understand it more and have broken through the dog eat dog old world brainwashing.

The ones that have not broke through yet still feel it they are just unable to interpret it. So therefore they will either become super depressed, or if they have a religious bend they will be happy and think it is time to go to heaven.

Or if you are a right brain only thinking atheist you become befuddled and confused because your mind was brainwashed into thinking as a computer and all this esoteric stuff just does not compute. I see first hand knowledge of this from my brother in law. Although lately after years of being exposed to me and my ability to "see" and precognitive some future events he admits that there is more than just his logic but he just cant see it.

We live in a time that the things we have been trained to forget we will remember and become a bit more than we are now.

Wonderful times we are in!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join