It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who in their Right mind, wants the end to come?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
reply to post by lifecitizen

The first people to judge believe in god, and i find that ironic because in the bible "thall shall not judes is one of the commandments"

God needs the sack asap, we will all be better off for it.

Why do you confuse God with religion?

Have you ever thought of looking into any first nation beliefs?

How about the European ancient belief system of the higher power? The Abraham religions and belief is what you are on about not God.

You find God within, its the quiet between the notes that make the music not the note themselves.

This is where you find the real deal. It seems like atheists are full of death and sterility. Like a computer that cannot figure it all out by themselves they have to have logical input instead of listening to the inner voice.

Try meditating and listening. Its a wonderful thing when you become connected to all.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I look forward to it for one reason:

The eradication of humanity.

I have to say that I am ashamed to call myself a human being simply based on the history and the actions of the human population throughout time as a whole.

I am a misanthrope. While one could argue that some humans are the exception, all the "good" humans throughout time couldn't compare to the amount of "bad" humans in a single given moment. Those who are righteous and whole-hearted are and have forever been, exponentially outnumbered.

The end times I see as a reset button. If all humanity isn't wiped out in the end, I can only hope that MOST of it will be, so that the universe and this world especially has a chance to "recalibrate" itself. We have done nothing but eaten away at such a pace that it can not keep up.

How does it feel to know that your brothers and sisters are responsible for the extinction and eradication of millions of unique forms of live, and perhaps BILLIONS and TRILLIONS of other living organisms a year, without remorse, reason, or cause in most cases. It makes me sick. It makes me not even want to live.

But I do live, not for myself, but for those close to me that would be affected by my demise. I know that the world would be a better place without me, just as it would be a better place without you, without anyone. However, at the current rate, there isn't going to be a world to call home.

Perhaps I am flawed. I don't know. I have long looked for answers and ways to help the world as it stands, an option besides "the end" that could be chased after. Time and time again, humanity has proven it all unworthy and unattainable.

What is the point of living in a world where you are born a slave and either live to become the leader of slaves, or die just as you were born, a slave? There is no point.

Maybe we could figure out "why" we were here and the meaning of life, but not anymore. Those in power have chosen that meaning for us. We are all puppets on strings. We are all being lead not by our own hands, but by the hands of corrupt ideals and immoral ideas. The religions call it Satan, Diablo, Hades... I call it humanity.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

yea like i see that where all about to die AND I JUST BECOME AT PEACE WITH IT and everybody that was around me runing around senses me and gravitates towards me and we just die in peace..weird idk what to think of it

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'. I prefer the living thing myself.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
When the end times come,Jesus returns,sin is finally gone forever!

Sin corrupted creation,the end result, is this world we now have.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The end is not the end, so I do. It's just the end of the ignorance, lies, manipulation and such.

The majority of revelation has already happened, and you are likely not on the side of things you believe yourself to be.

Nothing to fear really. Revelation means to reveal, to enlighten and so forth. AKA: The truth will be known. Not a time of death and destruction, but an end to that time and the start of a better way.

Remember, things are not always as they seem. Nobody ever claims to be the bad guys as a means of getting followers.

[edit on 8/3/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I dont think people want the end to come, at least not 'the end' with a full stop, they just want an end to this path we have been on for way to long.
At the moment there realy is no purpose for human beings, our species wishes only to multiply and destroy the natural environment (not intentionally destroy the environment but for every structure built is another part of nature removed). Who wouldnt want this meaningless path to end? I sure do.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I can tend to fall into the mindset of "please, let it END already, please!"

Living in a world owned by bankers, where we all might legally be their property as well (I suspect, but do not know), really is not a world I want to live in.

I really do try not to be so depressed about it, and instead enjoy my little slice of life, appreciate the people I interact with and learn from, etc.

But other times I do find myself praying for an asteroid or something quick like that to wipe us all out. That would show those nasty bankers...

I wish I could believe in some sort of prophecies for a new era of mankind or whatnot, but I can't really imagine 'TPTB' giving up their power and we don't even know who 'they' are, so I can't imagine any way we could take power away from 'them'. Especially with so many people happily complying with their system.

So, I guess I can only answer your question with a question of my own: Who in their right mind wants us all to continue living and working to support the gluttony and greed of the fortunate few?

(Sure, I'd like for my kids to have a good, enjoyable life here, but I don't see that happening unless I can somehow figure out how to rip people off and make alot of money... which I really have no desire to do.)

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Well it's all good if you love how we humans live on this planet. And how is that? We live on greed, control and allow the elites to live extremely well of the suffering of the masses. Why would you not want that to end?

Most people on the planet stil live in Medievil style poverty, while those running their countries live the highest life, with no remorse or concern for those being trodden over.

Inequality is the key to the continuance of greed and control. Our cultures have followed the same patterns as every other before it, so it is very natural for our culture to also reach it's climax and then decline into anarchy as it approaches the end of it's use by date. Which from my perspective is roughly about now, as we careen down the slope to an end.

Many of us understand that after the demise of the current system, we are to rebuild in a different direction based on real equality, real understanding and sharing.

To me this is the greatest reason to accept the naturally occuring demise of our culture, and to already be looking into ways to rebuild based on equality. There is great good ahead for humanity once we have finished with this long term mindset of "Might is Right".

Given this understanding, why would we not look forwrd to it's end ?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Wow.

Some mighty stereotypical blanket statements being made about 'God Believers', 'Christians', 'Insert Target Group Here'...

...as someone who falls within such a group/s:

Nope. I don't want 'the end to come'. It'll come in its own good time if thats how the cookie crumbles.

I'm not one to sit back and bemoan everything with some sense of "the worlds going to hell in a handbasket" "humans are evil, we destroy everything, we're vermin, we're a plague" "all is lost, its all crap, whats the point" etc etc etc...

...basically if the world you exist in, if the community you exist in, if the household, workplace, relationships you exist in are so crap then what the heck are YOU doing to get off your butt and effect change for the better??

All good if you just want to sit around with a nice big case of the 'poor mes' or the 'whats the points'...then hey, seems lifes already over if even the one glimmering spark of hope is apparently extinguished.

I'm thinking back to my own ancestors.
Ancestors who lived to the ripe old age of, oh, about 40 if they were lucky. Ancestors who existed from hand to mouth, who were so often at the mercy of nature and their environments...whose life was hard work 24/7.
I think back to how harsh their living conditions were, how hard their lives were...and then look around me now. Yeah. I'd take this existance over that one any day.

...come on guys...spend some time thinking about what IS good within the world, within your community/household/environment. Spend some time acknowledging the little pleasures in life, whatever they may be.

Spend some time thinking not about what you haven't got, or what they haven't got, or what so and so has done to you - instead give some mind to what you DO have and what you COULD give and the good you COULD do for others.

Seriously. Mindset. Change it - or it matters not whether you live in a prison or a palace...light won't be seen if we only look for dark.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
reply to post by jd140

One way or another it will happen and lets say for a second there isn't a Heaven or Hell. When you die thats it, no more you. I would like to see how it ends. After all most everyone has thought about it once or twice, why die without that last great question answered.

you see this is the funny side.. why?? becuase no one stops to ask were we came FROM be for we was born? was it hell? heaven?? or some other place...

logic? you was created, that would mean it had a methord right? in order to create the living in order to die?

life and death are one of the same thing BULLSH`T

What are you blabbering about?

I don't care where I came from before I was born. I don't care if there is a heaven or not.

Those are things I might or might not find out when I die. They are definetly something I will not find out while I am still alive.

I thought my post was self explanetory, if not just ask and I will elaborate further. But for the love of whatever you believe in, don't go on an incoherrant typing spree.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I would rather in come now than later. i want to witness it. i hope i will. but it isen't coming, sadly. it will never come. no such thing as the end. only a new eternal now.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Why do you confuse God with religion?

er because with out one you do not get the other....

Every faith based system, even new age stuff is based on one core word

GOD

have a nice day

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

It seems though, imo that people don't want just a end to the gov't but humanity! Which is stunning.

Why is it stunning? Look at what humanity has done in the last 200 years alone. Our destructive capacity is accelerating at an alarming rate. If something doesn't destroy us, we will eventually destroy ourselves sooner or later anyways. We don't deserve this planet any longer. All we do is breed and kill, and for what? Money? Status? Are those things to live for? Is that a life worth living? The point to life is lost to the blinded masses. So what we are left with is a life with no point. Nothing of worth anyways.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by Oreyeon]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I think you should try reading my posts..Im happy you do not think of heaven or hell..

am i meant to say something els? or shall i insult you ?

not my job to make you believe anything im not god or your master, you can do what and think what you want mate.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

basically if the world you exist in, if the community you exist in, if the household, workplace, relationships you exist in are so crap then what the heck are YOU doing to get off your butt and effect change for the better??

spot on!

this is my point if the end of the world is going come about "as we know it" the only people who can change it is US...

not god not aliens not Devinne intervention... just little old us lot

humans you heard the mod GET OFF YA BUTTS!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I have contimplated this before, and consider "looking forward" to the end of all a simple cop-out, an excuse not to excel and make your mark on the world. Also, I would like to think that some day mankind, despite our obvious flaws, could spread out and explore the universe, continuing our quest for knowlege, living space, and delicious natural resources.

Besides, all you people of the faith, sitting and waiting for the end: would it not be much more fun to go out and convert all those heathen aliens?

To each his own, also and of course...

[edit on 3-8-2009 by AK49er]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

After reading many of your ramblings I have come to the conclusion that you just type to see your words on screen.

Goodbye.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

well thank you for that contribution be sure to hit the foe button for something to do..

Me on the other hand will continue to express my views in this thread about the subject at hand

have a nice day - or night depending on the rotation and location of ones self on our little rock we call home.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkeye1717

short but sweet i like it!

star for you

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join