It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's getting crunked

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Could you please give me at least one issue that somebody can criticize Obama on and not get labeled a hater, or racist, or any other label one cares to invent?

Health Care
Economy
Foreign Relations
Gun Control
Tobacco Regulation

I'm sure there are other legit topics ya'll can talk about...

Unfortunately for the nation, the Republicans are to busy crying about the birth certificate non-issue, and now we have "Beer-gate" I guess.

Get your stuff straight and start debating real issues, because while everyone is trying to get the birth certificate out of his right hand only god knows what he's doing with his left hand.

If you want to defeat Obama's agenda then do it, and stop playing these petty games.

Seriously, why do ya'll think you can fall back onto "he's a commie!" or "he's not a citizen!" or "he's a racist"? You'll never win any debate like that, especially now with this President.

Note: I do not mean to group all republicans into one group here.

And YES Bush made far to many gaffs for ya'll to ride Obama's back for the same.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by XTexan]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
The country is at war, we have legions in the field, and Obama is still screwing around with this? What a joke.

Tho seeing him try to do a keg stand would be pretty interesting.

You're right, screw trying to fix a race issue.

I think it's mighty pleasant this meeting took place. Although it was not needed, it was still nice.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by weedev

don't even question the Bush monkey on that one!

Now, would it be an extreme T&C violation if you called Obama that name?

Just wonderin'....

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by XTexan

Could you please give me at least one issue that somebody can criticize Obama on and not get labeled a hater, or racist, or any other label one cares to invent?

Health Care
Economy
Foreign Relations
Gun Control
Tobacco Regulation

Gun control needs to be much more strict.

And tobacco? Yeah, you're right. The increase tax on something that kills you is totally bogus. Cancer should come at a cheaper cost. But that's just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by weedev

don't even question the Bush monkey on that one!

Now, would it be an extreme T&C violation if you called Obama that name?

Just wonderin'....

Yes but white folk do not get compaired to monkeys, now if I said white streak of pish..?

Sorry ATS... ?

Your point caller?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

I respectfully disagree with your viewpoints on gun control and tobacco, but I will agree that we should be talking about these and other important issues that we are facing instead of focusing on petty issues.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Red, Lite and Blue: The Beers Obama, Gates, Crowley Will Drink at White House

The White House made its first decision about what will be the beverage of choice at Thursday's Suds Summit when President Obama sits down with Prof. Henry Louis Gates and the police sergeant who arrested him in an attempt to smooth over a racial furor. The decision either indicates the inclusive policies of the White House or that the three men couldn't agree on what to drink..

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

I just see the increase price of tobacco a very positive improvement on bettering our health. Sure, the intention behind it all is for profit. No one is outlawing it..and they shouldn't. Considering we have a right to do whatever we want with our bodies.

As for weapons in our homes...shouldn't be outlawed either and they won't be anytime soon. No matter how Obama haters believe he's the antichrist when it comes to removing your weapons of mass destruction.

But I believe severe restrictions should be set.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I'll agree to a tobacco tax when they start putting severe taxes on everything that is detrimental to people's health. And that's a very long list. Must be nice to point things out that you don't like and say "tax that more... to pay for my health care"

And I'll never agree to any infringments on the 2nd amendment.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
You're right, screw trying to fix a race issue.

And who made it a race issue? And I thought Biden was the one that had the big mouth that was always in overdrive?

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
I think it's mighty pleasant this meeting took place. Although it was not needed, it was still nice.

Well, it may not have helped, but it sure didn't hurt any, that's for sure.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

XTEX, I know I can have a rational talk with you about those issues. But even you know that sooner or later die hard Obama supporters will jump in and say that the only reason we are against Obama policy is because he is black or because we hate him because he is President or because Republicans didn't win.

If you look at the ops opening remark you will see why I posted what I did.

Personally, I don't care about Obama's party. Party on is all I got to say. However, there are Americans who do care for different reasons and they have a right to voice their opinion.

Peace

The beer is on me.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Agreed, everyone does have their right to speak on an issue that they want to. I'm just starting to get frustrated with seeing the same threads everyday.

Perhaps we could combine all the birth certificate threads into 1 and not let any more to be started, lol.

I just want to see the real issues discussed instead of seeing people playing into the wishes of the mass media and TPTB.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by weedev

Yes but white folk do not get compaired to monkeys,

You just did compare GWB to a monkey.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

I don't know, I just think weapons of destruction are quite pointless. But fair game to those who own them. It is indeed your right.

As for the other poster here...think you missed the humor here. Fox News went on to claim this was going to be a very large "beer summit" and party. Some even called it "low class."

We then discovered it was a pleasant meeting that consisted of four men.

The fact that people got so rowdy about the president drinking beer just shows the bitterness and ignorance of many Obama haters. I'm not a supporter nor a voter of the man, but I know better not to get anal about him sipping on some cheap American beer.

Like I said, it's amazing how Fox and others loved Bush even when he made Gay rights a bigger issue than the "war on terror." But when Obama heads to Egypt to discuss peace in the Middle East..he gets torn apart.

The Right needs to grow up...but with the likes of Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh...they won't anytime soon.

Sucks because I'm actually a Republican

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Well you know, you just can't call a black person a monkey... I've known that for over 20 years now. It has a stigma to it that comes from back in the day. It might be new for some, but most people know its not kosher to do that.

Go around town and try it... and see how many people choose to punch you in the face, lol

I called Bush a doofus, ya'll can call Obama a doofus if you want, but its best to steer clear of the racially hot name calling.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
When Bush was president you have a dozen networks, most print media and Hollywood all working to torpedo Bush. We had negative stories daily from the day he was inaugurated (which briefly let up after 9/11). We had one news network (Fox) that was a shill for Bush.

Now we have a dozen news networks, print media and Hollywood all working to "make Obama successful" and one network (Fox) being critical of him.

Does anyone else not see the problem with this? If this incident with the cop and gates had happened to Bush, the media would be using it to beat him over the head. Instead they are actually part of the subterfuge!

Does anyone else see the major problem with this, or am I alone?

Well you know, you just can't call a black person a monkey... I've known that for over 20 years now. It has a stigma to it that comes from back in the day.

There is a stigma, because black people don't put up with it. The fact is, Irish immigrants were often called monkeys also. This idea that white people have to just sit back and take racial attacks of any kind if utterly stupid.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This is the way I see things, and I look in and around many corners. I am not trying to be too forceful, but this is the way I see things, so I will share.

Anyone who bashes one and not the other, in reference to Obama and Bush, among other things, is still a satellite orbiting. They are still a a mere angle to counter the opposite angle. They are still a half divided against their other half.

I am not referring to seeing flaws in the presiding, and limited ideology permeating these individuals. Their ideologies are clearly short sighted. However, regardless of how stacked the game is, and it indeed is, these individuals are mere mirror images of the warring masses. One serves to be half the mirror image, the other, the other half. Whose mirror you identify with depends upon how you have split yourself, in the vain desire for acceptance. Peace and love. Please step outside your perceptions. You just might get mad at first, but you'll come to realize it is not so bad. It is all in your head. Jump into the wave that you were meant to ride. Love.

I just wanted to add a little more IN...SIGHT. I think Bush and Obama can be seen to represent the classical masculine and feminine, respectively. I am certainly not putting the men and women reading this post into any box. I am just referring to societal conceptions of the perspectives of masculine and feminine. They are both bull crap without the other. Whichever one without the other fuels war and strife and hate and destruction. We need to stop defining ourselves by what we are not, but by what we are, and then quit defining, in a sense. Defining ourselves by what we are not is the very fuel that feeds the machine of divide and conquer. The machine of divide and conquer then creates war and death and destruction and separation and total ignorance of all things outside of the divided self. I don't know about you, but I try to overcome individuality. I don't much like to be divided inside all the way down the spiral. I like to be integrated higher and higher....

[edit on 31-7-2009 by orwellianunenlightenment]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

They are spin doctoring his plummeting polls rating(s)....

Diversionary tactic used for centuries in warfare and bank robberies...."look over there"...type deal.

The media is focusing on this little tryst to NOT focus on how BAD hes messin up in the WH.....makes sense.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Regardless of WHO is reporting what...facts still remain to be measured...any high-end news agency WILL NOT promote nor print anything other than factual news...whatever FOX may say...can be gauged against fact. If the prez is messin up then i would HOPE a news agency would let us know rather than NOT let us know on some platform of "GOD i HOPE things get better" this isnt a celebrity 'please everyone like me situation' this the presidency of the USA.

His methods SCREAM of Michael Scott's vain efforts to make his office 'Like' him as opposed to 'Respect' him (the TV show The Office reference)

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I really have no interest in Obama's beer bash. IMO, it is a publicity stunt. Instead of mediating between his buddy and this cop, why doesn't Obama go mediate between Israel and the Palestinians?

At least then I could respect the guy for trying to do his job rather than criticize him for butting in where he doesn't belong.

When did it become America's duty to "Mediate" between nations?
America isn't a global police force; or judge, jury and executioner.
Good for Obama, dealing with problems in his own country.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join