It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's getting crunked

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
so let me get this str8......
Only one of these scumbags actually bought american, in regards to an actual tangible product that america could still competitively produce, beer.

I can't believe no one is pointing this out....

Bud(Belgium owned)
Red Stripe(Jamaican)
Blue Moon (Colorado)

I live in a region of the states that makes literally hundreds of local microbrews. Why wouldn't the president take the opportunity to tip his hat to one of the few top notch american products left!?

Coming from a place that makes the best ales in the world(yea I said it...)I feel slighted.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The only thing offensive about this Beer Summit was the crappy beer they drank.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I should first say that I don't like Obama at all. Didn't like Bush AT ALL either.

But the Beer "Summit" thing and people getting their panties in wad over it is just insane. First, where does it say that the president has to do incredibly serious things all the time? So it's either work really hard or take a vacation, no time for anything in between?

Second, it IS a stunt and a very clever one. Here's why: I'm a girl and even I know the value in some guys who had some differences between them sitting down to drink a beer together and hash things out. It's what a lot of guys do. Obama is trying to show that he's like every other Joe Blow.

I mean, IMO, it would be way more tense if he just invited them to the WH and said, "I"m sorry, now let's all shake hands and be done with the it". It would have seemed much more empty. But sitting down to have a beer really sets a different mood.

And as for the poster not too far above me getting bent about their non-American made beers, except for one I guess...Who cares. People like the beer they like. I have no idea what that is such an issue for you. It's not like buying a TV made in China when you can buy one made in the USA that is of equal quality/price. Beers taste completely different from one another. I like all kinds of beers, including many American Northwest beers, but my favorite happens to be New Belgium, that's just the way it is.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Does the USA even make TV's?

This is my point, we don't have industry anymore, thats whats killing us, and these buffoons don't have the decency to buy local. If Obama wanted a good lager then why not go for the one Kona makes....from his home state of Hawaii. Instead he looks like a complete sell out drinking a Bud!! I mean seriously how much cash did Bud drop for this summit.....

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Don't make more of this than it is. Obama made a mistake in criticizing Crowley. He should have stayed out of it, especially since he's Black and Gates is his friend. No matter *what*, if he supported Gates he'd be accused of racism and favoritism (which is what happened). Had he defended Crowley, he'd have been called an Uncle Tom. Obama had nothing to gain by offering any comment about the incident.

OK, moving right along. Realizing his mistake, Obama wanted to make a public "statement" to help fix it. He made a public "beer summit" to show that he's an OK guy, that we can work out our differences, blah, blah. Cop and arrestee, sitting together over a beer, working out their differences. Hokey and useless, but good political currency.

But don't ever think that this was anything but Obama's attempt to rehabilitate his ratings in the opinion polls. It's a public relations stunt. It's something politicians - even Presidents - do.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I doubt a prez who has done a little blow, and smoked significant weed is going to get fazed on a little ol' beer...too bad he didn't bring out his cig.....

[edit on 31-7-2009 by lostviking]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by weedev

Yes but white folk do not get compaired to monkeys,

You just did compare GWB to a monkey.

He acts like one as in cheeky..

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Haters will find anything and everything Obama does to be wrong. Instead of criticizing policy THAT THEY READ AND UNDERSTAND, they tend to follow what their overlords on fake..er... fox news says. For instance... when was the last time fox news asked their viewers to read the 14th Amendment? You know, that pesky little amendment that was ratified in 1868 that makes Obama a US citizen.

I brought up the 14th Amendment at a local group meeting, which ironically refer to themselves as Constitutional Warriors. It was pretty much just a group of white middle class men (a few upper middle class women, as well) complaining about the President and how bad he is. Instead of even attempting to counter my argument, they chose to get hostile and insult me. Eventually, they started to just referring to me as the Liberal...I ask you, how is being called a liberal an insult?

"tolerant of change; not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or tradition"
Sounds like me

"showing or characterized by broad-mindedness"
Still sounds like me

"A person who favors a political philosophy of progress and reform and the protection of civil liberties "

This is getting creepy... am I an evil Lib? Am I not intolerant and hateful enough to be a "true American"?

[edit on 31-7-2009 by DemonicAngelZero]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Sorry jsobecky, I believe that was George W that was cutting up the lines. Go back and look at his debates in 2004, ole boy was grinding his teeth like there was no tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I think the Harvard Prof. Should be glad that is officer wasnt a taser happy guy. Then it would be a whole differant story. When will the color of someone skin not be important anymore. It shouldnt matter our skin type, was there something really going on and 911 really should have been called. That is what is important, someone was looking out for this prof. house, and this has just been blown out of proportion.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DemonicAngelZero
Haters will find anything and everything Obama does to be wrong. Instead of criticizing policy THAT THEY READ AND UNDERSTAND, they tend to follow what their overlords on fake..er... fox news says. For instance... when was the last time fox news asked their viewers to read the 14th Amendment? You know, that pesky little amendment that was ratified in 1868 that makes Obama a US citizen.

To bad the requirement for President is that you are a natural born citizen and NOT just a citizen.
You do realize there is a difference right?

Please take your faux outrage and your high school understanding of the Constitution elsewhere and let the adults talk.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Could those of you saying that there is a difference between natural born citizen and citizen please show your links and sources?

You are a citizen of the US if you were born in the States.

I was born in the States to a mom and dad who were both born in the States and I have yet to see any documentation calling me a Natural Born Citizen. I am just a citizen.

Anyone born out of the States and is now a citizen is known as a Naturalized citizen, implying that a citizen born in the states is "natural".

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

"Born and naturalized" are means to attain citizenship, not "types" nor "classes" of citizen. The whole purpose of the 14th Amendment Section 1 was to ensure slaves would be guaranteed the right of citizenship. There was no mention of "natural born citizen" anywhere in the 14th.

"Born" has citizenship from birth. Natural born citizen, the highest level of allegiance, is a subset of "born". Born includes those who attain citizenship upon birth by statute.

"naturalized" are all those who attain citizenship after birth.

We nowhere recognize nor distinguish "born" nor "naturalized" anywhere in this country by any rights or privileges, therefore they cannot be "classes" of citizen.

We do however distinguish between "citizen" and "natural born citizen', with the latter being the only class of citizen qualified to hold the office of President.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Could you show where in the constitution it defines what exactly a natural born citizen is? I know it defines citizen, but where does it define: naturally born citizen?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by XTexan
Could you show where in the constitution it defines what exactly a natural born citizen is? I know it defines citizen, but where does it define: naturally born citizen?

That is the problem. The Constitution does not specifically define natural born citizen. All we have to go by is historical documents like letters and official papers from the founding fathers, Previous congressional mandates and court rulings.

Basically, it either takes both parents to be U.S. citizens plus the child born in the U.S. to be considered natural born OR it takes just the father to be a U.S. citizen plus the child born in the U.S.

We should not derail this thread as it's not the thread to discuss this topic. Just do a search for natural born citizen or something along those lines and tons of threads will pop up. I have been involved in like 6 different threads regarding this topic.

[edit on 7/31/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Let's focus on the REAL issue guys: Obama drinks beer. That makes him a low class enemy of the people, according to the Obama haters

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

First you say the constitution doesn't say, then you go on to offer your opinion as fact.

Since the constitution doesn't say, then the power falls to the states to determine who is a citizen and who is not. Hawaii has already stated that he is a citizen, and so he is. Though most agree that the constitution's "Natural Born Citizen" is meant to exclude Naturalized Citizens.

If he was naturalized, which there is no evidence of that, then he wouldn't be eligible (like Arnold in Cali).

A person who becomes a U.S. citizen through naturalization is not considered a natural born citizen.

There is no proof that he is not a citizen.

There are Citizens, and there are Naturalized Citizens. Naturalized is not allowed to be Pres.

Please cite the court cases that state otherwise.

The Birth Certificate arguement is ludicrous and so is "Beer-Gate"

[edit on 31-7-2009 by XTexan]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by XTexan
First you say the constitution doesn't say, then you go on to offer your opinion as fact.

I am allowed to have my opinion right?

Or am I only allowed to believe your opinion which you stated as fact.
Oh, the irony and hypocrisy.

Since the constitution doesn't say, then the power falls to the states to determine who is a citizen

Not true. Sorry, but states must use federal laws.

Hawaii has already stated that he is a citizen

To bad the requirement is natural born citizen and not just citizen.

Please cite the court cases that state otherwise.

As I said earlier, this is NOT the thread for this discussion. If you want to debate the issue go to one of the other hundred thread regarding this topic. You will have all the links and evidence there.

The Birth Certificate arguement is ludicrous and so is "Beer-Gate"

You are entitled to your flawed wrong opinion.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This whole "Beer-Gate" thing is just a stunt by Obama to try and cover up his own stupid remark. He didn't want to apologize to Officer Crowley or the Police so he came up with a basic diversion (like any good politician would.)

Obama needs to learn that the President deals with "Presidential Level" stuff. He doesn't need to comment on every little thing that comes up. He should have known that this issue was toxic and ANYTHING he said would become a problem for somebody.

Having said that, I also agree that EVERYBODY says dumb things on occasion. I do it, birds do it, bees do it, Bush did it, Obama does it, and Biden does it more than most. I have had the opportunity to speak before a lot of people and it is really intimidating. Your mind can just "freeze up" on you. Saying something stupid, especially in front of a large group, makes you human. How you handle the aftermath of your remark shows the kind of person you are.

Maybe we can now move on to something important like figuring out how to keep Iran or North Korea from killing a few million Americans with a nuclear weapon.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Since the constitution doesn't say, then the power falls to the states to determine who is a citizen

Not true. Sorry, but states must use federal laws.

Ah, but in this case there is no federal law, so the power does indeed fall to the state.

If I have learned one thing in my life, its that you shouldn't argue legal matters with somebody who knows more about them then you. Take the hint, WhatTheory.

And, can we please keep the birth discussion in the birth threads. This thread is about how evil Obama is for taking time to sit down and have a beer with some people to sort out an issue. How DARE he try to take a proactive stance on an issue and try to sort it out in a peaceful manner? This is America, those two should be beating each other senseless in an alley somewhere.

And to those who think this is a personal issue and Obama shouldn't be involved, well he made himself involved when he brought up the issue (in my opinion, not the best move for a POTUS). However, at least he's following up on it. Yeah, it's all just a stunt, but there are much better things to be criticizing Obama over. You guys can do better than this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join