It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organic has no health benefits

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk

Organic food is no healthier than ordinary food, a large independent review has concluded.
There is little difference in nutritional value and no evidence of any extra health benefits from eating organic produce, UK researchers found.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
so..first we are told that mercury is good for us by the american food people..now the british food agency are saying that food which has been sprayed with chemicals is just as good for us as food which hasnt.

do these people really think an informed person would believe this?

has this also anything to do with codex?

news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
If you read the entire report, you see that at the end you see that this is nothing but propaganda.

I bet that the ones that pushed the study and the report are from the big GMO organizations.

The review rejected almost all of the existing studies of comparisons between organic and non-organic nutritional differences.

"Although the researchers say that the differences between organic and non-organic food are not 'important', due to the relatively few studies, they report in their analysis that there are higher levels of beneficial nutrients in organic compared to non-organic foods.

"Without large-scale, longitudinal research it is difficult to come to far-reaching clear conclusions on this, which was acknowledged by the authors of the FSA review.

"Also, there is not sufficient research on the long-term effects of pesticides on human health," he added.

Contradictions in the article are a sign of propaganda.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
pshhh

Pesticides are toxins by design, they kill bugs and insects, what do you think they do to you?

In India for example, many low-income people buy fake alcohol.
Fake alcohol is cheaper but kind of tastes the same, however it's strenght is less so they put pesticides in it so it's stronger and you get that 'buzz'.
So many die from fake alcohol every year, even month.

It causes nervous system breakdowns, reproductive disorders like deformations and critical liver damage.

these researchers are not independant as far as i'm concerned.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I think the part that everyone has worried about with conventional foods and the part that the researchers who conducted this experiment point out is the long term effects. So we can go ahead and take note of these results but also keep in mind that the worry from pesticides was always long term.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

Look, everything that is grown, is organic. The word itself is taken from 'Organism'. But go to the grocery story, find something with a green label that is either 'organic' or 'natural' and the price is jacked up through the roof.

It's a trendy thing to buy organic. It looks good and if you are silly enough to let it make you think you are eating better, it works too.

It's a gimmick to sell ordinary food at higher prices to those that have more money than common sense.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
They really do think we are stupid don't they...

Funny thing is, I got sick with an 'incurable' disease caused by the utter rubbish that is contaminated in our food and water. And guess what, I cured my incurable disease through eating only organic produce, whole foods and clean water.

This article infuriates me.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
It's a trendy thing to buy organic. It looks good and if you are silly enough to let it make you think you are eating better, it works too.

It's a gimmick to sell ordinary food at higher prices to those that have more money than common sense.

To me organic food is food grown in your organic garden in your backyard, not what you buy from the store.

For example, look at tomatoes that are organic at the grocery store, they are way too shinny and clean to be completely organic.

Grow an organic garden, you will thank me endlessly!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

reply to post by alienesque

Look, everything that is grown, is organic. The word itself is taken from 'Organism'. But go to the grocery story, find something with a green label that is either 'organic' or 'natural' and the price is jacked up through the roof.

hello

i dont believe food thats been sprayed with chemicals is not harmful and i most certainly do not believe that there is no difference between organic and non organic foods..

i buy organic and even if your claim that is has no benefits is found to be true...it tastes better...that alone is enough for me.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

To me organic food is food grown in your organic garden in your backyard, not what you buy from the store.

For example, look at tomatoes that are organic at the grocery store, they are way too shinny and clean to be completely organic.

i do..and my tomatoes taste GREAT

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienesque

so..first we are told that mercury is good for us by the american food people..now the british food agency are saying that food which has been sprayed with chemicals is just as good for us as food which hasnt.

do these people really think an informed person would believe this?

has this also anything to do with codex?

news.bbc.co.uk

Codex my man, and it is to go on full here in Norway in a very short time.
All ties in with Population reduction.

think about it: Codex with all the things that brings to our foods.
We have the Sun danger , SunBeds are bad, the Sun it self is bad, use sunblock, My god, our bodies dont get any vitamins or minerals AT ALL.
A slow death by these people...Fluoride and asprtame is 'pushed' as good deeds when it is not...then the Vaccines ,. Our bodies are getting these poisons every day...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
If you read the entire report, you see that at the end you see that this is nothing but propaganda.

I bet that the ones that pushed the study and the report are from the big GMO organizations.

The review rejected almost all of the existing studies of comparisons between organic and non-organic nutritional differences.

"Although the researchers say that the differences between organic and non-organic food are not 'important', due to the relatively few studies, they report in their analysis that there are higher levels of beneficial nutrients in organic compared to non-organic foods.

"Without large-scale, longitudinal research it is difficult to come to far-reaching clear conclusions on this, which was acknowledged by the authors of the FSA review.

"Also, there is not sufficient research on the long-term effects of pesticides on human health," he added.

Contradictions in the article are a sign of propaganda.

thanks for that

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mer Ka Bah

Funny thing is, I got sick with an 'incurable' disease caused by the utter rubbish that is contaminated in our food and water. And guess what, I cured my incurable disease through eating only organic produce, whole foods and clean water.

This article infuriates me.

To me this post is proof enough that organic food is better for you. Sure, there are companies just looking for the extra profit, but at the very least in my experience the organic fresh fruits and vegetables just taste better so it is worth the extra money.

I live overseas now and most of the fruits and vegetables I buy would be considered organic by U.S. standards, and I've lost a lot weight and feel a lot better than I did when I lived there. Take that as you will. At least from my perspective and the poster above me, we would much rather not have the pesticides thanks.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mer Ka Bah

Well, we are. Not us on ATS but those idiots who adore CNN and their good looking British anchormen.

Let them go bankrupt from their medical bills. My country sends slaves, I mean workers to the medical fields of "rich" countries so it's all good.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

We have a garden... and we do pretty well with it. This year's incarnation is the largest yet. Of course, we don't grow our own beef or have a pond stocked with fish. We do go to the grocery store and do indeed notice that two identical steaks can have a world of price difference depending on how they're wrapped.

The way I see it, we live in a world that is highly contaminated already. From the air we breath to the water we drink. Even the stuff that comes in the bottles is not all that pure. Unless you ride a horse or a bicycle and live a hundred miles into nowhere, you are just already exposed every day to try and say this tomato is good and healthy and this one is not.

Well, we can't quite afford that kind of selection to begin with. The cost of everything is going up and we have a household of five to feed. That's why we have the garden.

Next year, we'll probably put in a chicken pen and maybe one for some goats.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
People needs to understand that is already programs backed by the government to have all food supply been GMO, right now they are working hard trying to turn every single products into GMO.

Beware that many are already in our food supply, specially most pre-package foods including baby food from very well known companies using GMO.

www.organicconsumers.org...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I agree that it's a gimmick in that they have hi-jacked natural and whole foods - with little processing, additives or chemicals - slapped an organic label on them and created a cache' surrounding them much like bottled water that drives demand and therefore lines their pockets.

It's the ultimate hokem.

However, naturally cultivated fruits, vegetables and meats do have a better flavor than corporate farmed products. All you have to do to test that theory is compare produce from a backyard garden to produce from a grocery store. The tomatoes and cucumbers from the grocery may look perfect but they have no flavor. I have to think that produce with distinctive flavor and no chemicals must have some benefits that flavorless, chemically enhanced corporate farmed goods do not have.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Bosko

Thankyou, anyone needing more proof, just U2U me, I will happily show you photo's from before my natural organic healing approach and after.

Eating organically and healthily is the single most powerful thing you can do for yourself, once your body has natural balance and receives the powerful nutrients and enzymes it needs (which can be obtained by fresh untainted fruit and vegetables) nothing can harm it.

The body is an amazing instrument, and when finely tuned, it's absolutely incredible.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
GM crops will feed the worlds hungry.

The ridiculous organic fashion trend uses up tons of resource, has no real benefit and is flatly a marketing ploy at best, political delusion at worse.

How Gen Engineered crops will solve the hunger problem, and how ignorance and fear fuels the organic movement.

YouTube Link

---

BTW, why does the youtube vid button totally suck?

Everytime I try to use it, it adds a "\" to the end of the url, making it malformed!

Why not simplify this, so people can actually use it?

Example (without brackets):

yvid tIvNopv9Pa8 [color= Teal]/yvid

Becomes:

Link

No one else has a problem with this?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Of course, we don't grow our own beef or have a pond stocked with fish.

Vegetarianism =

the water we drink.

Reverse Osmosis =

Unless you ride a horse or a bicycle and live a hundred miles into nowhere, you are just already exposed every day to try and say this tomato is good and healthy and this one is not.

If you get shot in the arm once, what's wrong with another bullet =

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join