It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organic has no health benefits

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mer Ka Bah

Eating organically and healthily is the single most powerful thing you can do for yourself, once your body has natural balance and receives the powerful nutrients and enzymes it needs (which can be obtained by fresh untainted fruit and vegetables) nothing can harm it.

rubbish, organic food is just as chocked full of fat and sugar as any other.

groovy, organic sugar makes you just as fat as the sugar found in a snickers bar.

but i suppose theres the comfort of knowing the fat hanging off of these tubby hippies i see in whole foods, is at last, organic fat?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

We live in two different realities, my friend.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Anybody can ask me and I will be gladly to tell that I know the differences in flavor.

I came from PR, to the US when I was 21, the first thing I noticed when I started to go to the big grocery stores in the US with their beautiful and plentiful cornucopia of foods, was that after I took the food home and cooked it was nothing compare to what I grew up with.

My grandfather was the provider of the meat, poultry, lamb, pigs and goat from his own farm, the cheese and ham was also made at home.

He will kill once a month and my father will go and get his share of the meat.

My parents raised chickens, ducks, geese, the eggs were on our table everyday.

Milk was brought and have to be boiled and separated to make butter.

Yes I am witness that the food back then had better flavor and texture.

The first time I saw the marble on the meat at the supermarket here in the US I thought that is was fake.

Because the fat of the meat we ate back home was always yellow and ugly.

The generations of today had not clue how real food grown and raise in farms back in the days taste like.

And they perhaps will never know.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DohBama

Fat?

Honestly, as far as this topic is concerned who cares about fat?

It's about toxins, pesticides
Let me put it simply, it's about Poison

How did fat come into this conversation?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DohBama

Sorry, but you're either deluded or badly misinformed.

One liners are sometimes needed.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DohBama

The are also creating a generation of big pharma targeted illnesses recipients.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Mainstream media thinks we're stupid enuff to buy their words.

If a food is grown organically (no presticides, no modification), of course it's much better for our body. Little kids know also.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
My mother had 2 tomato bushes on her patio in flower pots.

1 was genetically modified and was was organic from german seeds given by a friend.

Squirrels ate all of the organic ones and didnt touch any of the GM ones.

HA!!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

This brings me the test they did back in the eighties or nineties with Fruit loops and roaches, they would not touch the fruit loops.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

because the topic is organic food, which also contains fat and sugar, which is no better than the supposed non-organic food that some claim is unhealthy.

organic fat and organic sugar makes people just as tubby. which is unhealthy.

organic is a myth, as far a health benefit go, and wastes resource that could be better focused on reducing food costs and making it more widely available.

taste may be one thing, but there is no health benefit in better taste, either.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Mer Ka Bah

specifically how?

lets go over it point by point.

are you saying organic sugar does not make you just as fat as any other simple carbohydrate?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DohBama

Then you may be able to explain why since the explosion of the additive corn syrup to replace sugar, refined or raw our nations population has become wider.

Do you know that corn syrup is added to even foods that doesn't even required sugar? because it works as a preservative.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
For the majority of products out there, 'Organic' is just a marketing ploy.

But I tell you my friend, when I buy a nice organic tomato.... and I cut it open and its beautiful seeds full of colour, it puts a smile on my face once that Greek Salad is done.

Go get a generic tomato and see the difference in flavour, appearance and smell.

There is no comparison.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It's not that organic food has extra health benefits. It's that it's not detrimental to your health like non-organic foods can be.

Just wordplay, that's all.

[edit on 29/7/09 by YourForever]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by DohBama

Then you may be able to explain why since the explosion of the additive corn syrup to replace sugar, refined or raw our nations population has become wider.

Do you know that corn syrup is added to even foods that doesn't even required sugar? because it works as a preservative.

no argument here, the influx of sugar, like corn syrup into every food possible is a form of drug pushing, sugars are addictive, and perpetuates the hunger reflex, making everyone fat.

look at most 'fat free' foods, notice how they contain more sugar than their normal equivalent?

organic food producers know this, too, that why they euphemise their sugar content by using 'organic cane sugar' which is no different.

makes you just as hungry and fat.

go to whole foods, look at the labels for their organic soy protein powder and ask yourself, why all the sugar?

why any sugar at all?

why not use splenda?

because sucralose = non 'organic'

yet it is 100% healthier that any organic cane sugar.

sugar has no nutritional benefit.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

This brings me the test they did back in the eighties or nineties with Fruit loops and roaches, they would not touch the fruit loops.

i dont know what roaches they used, but try that with south florida bugs, they eat wallpaper and soap (hardly 'organic'), and would gladly stuff themselves on froot loops 'til they burst.

where is this test documented?

this has urban myth written all over it.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GioTheGreek
Go get a generic tomato and see the difference in flavour, appearance and smell.

taste is one thing, nutritional content is another.

for every one organic tomato grown, bushels of GM tomatoes could likely be produced.

what a sad waste of resource, and no cure for world hunger in any way.

only caters to wealthy elitists who will pay to know what they really think.

(corporate foods? evil!)

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DohBama

Very good, corn syrup make things taste better, enhance the flavor of sweets just like MSG did when first introduced into the markets, it made food taste better.

Plus is cheaper and easier to produce.

That is what our food supply is making easier to produce food and cheaper with the highest amounts of profitable results.

So the well being and health of the nations is not in the priorities.

Even the government protect food companies over the well being of consumers.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
reply to post by alienesque

Organic has no health benefits

Look, everything that is grown, is organic. The word itself is taken from 'Organism'. But go to the grocery story, find something with a green label that is either 'organic' or 'natural' and the price is jacked up through the roof.

It's a trendy thing to buy organic. It looks good and if you are silly enough to let it make you think you are eating better, it works too.

It's a gimmick to sell ordinary food at higher prices to those that have more money than common sense.

I will tell you what... Organic milk has a HUGELY different effect on me than regular milk. Plus it tastes better.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

I will tell you what... Organic milk has a HUGELY different effect on me than regular milk. Plus it tastes better.

even organic milk contains sugar, fat, hormones and pus.

and what about pastuerisation?

that kills organisms, so just how organic is 'organic' milk?

or does it come right out of the udder?

soymilk = 100% healthier than cow milk.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join