It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain to withdraw remaining forces from Iraq

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Britain to withdraw remaining forces from Iraq

news.yahoo.com

BAGHDAD – Britain will withdraw its remaining forces in Iraq to Kuwait by the end of the month after the Iraqi parliament failed to pass a deal allowing them to stay to protect oil platforms and provide training, a spokesman said Tuesday.

The agreement would have let up to 100 British troops stay in Iraq after Britain ended its combat operations and began shipping out soldiers who were based mainly around the southern city of Basra. But it faced opposition led by followers of anti-U.S. Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, and Iraqi lawmakers adjourned Monday for a recess without ratifying the d
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It seems the Brits have finally got the message from the Iraqi...Go jump off a Cliff. It seems that the British really couldn't take a hint...

They were given so many chances to avoid this humiliation, but I think they like it or something.

Instead of constantly trying to make the British feel good about themselves and their contribution to the Iraq war, someone in the MSM needs to tell them point blank...You have failed!!

news.yahoo.com

CX

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88

Instead of constantly trying to make the British feel good about themselves and their contribution to the Iraq war, someone in the MSM needs to tell them point blank...You have failed!!

I think you'll find it's not just the Brits involved in a failing war.

Iraq, Afghanistan, makes no odds really.

CX.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Wow, some real negativity there my friend. Please expain how the British humiliated themselves or failed in Iraq.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Good God, do people still believe they are in the middle-east to revamp their constitution, and give the gift of a MacDonald's on every street corner.

Wake up and smell the coffee. They will stay in Iraq for another 20 years+....for the oil, how else will they fund wars and their imperialistic land acquisition by stomping across the World with their military might?

Also, they will stay in Afghanistan for an eon to protect the proposed Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan (TAP) pipeline (54' diameter, 1700km pipe from Caspian Sea), which is why they want to safe-guard the Helmand Province in Afghanistan.

Why on Earth would you think the West gives a crap about these dust-bowl countries???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

[edit on 28-7-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

It's cool that I see someone who knows the war in Afghanistan was about that oil pipeline. You are spot on my friend. However I am not sure they will stay in the middle east for oil because they aren't taking it. I remember Donald Rumsfeld saying that Iraq's oil will pay for the war but it didn't. The US didn't take the oil at all, in fact we still have to buy it. So as far as "No blood for oil", I think "not so much".

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

I don't have any evidence to support this, but I think that the British plan in Iraq involved them doing what America is doing and America being handed its hat and sent home with our tails between our legs to lick our wounds.

As it is now the best the British can hope for in Iraq is whatever scraps the Americans let them eat off the floor. Its more of a machismo thing you see.

America is about to eat you lunch Britain...thank you for all of this money!!

They took Basra from Saddam, and they gave it to us...thank you again. Now beat it.

I wouldn't be so negative about the topic if it weren't for the FACT that the British tried to set us up to be destroyed out there in that desert.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by IDK88]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

Excuse me ? how have we Humlited our selvs In these wars?

Take a look at your own forces and see whos gonna be kicked outta there in a Hummliating way,

Plus the Iraqis and Afgans can go **** em selvs and go crawl back in to caves they came from,

the reasons we were out there wernt always for the right ones, but if there wernt so many Hard-line fanatics who insist living there life's like Barbarians things would of been sorted

TBH take all those fanatics out and shoot em, and watch the Common sensed afganis and Iraqis build a proper Democratic Country

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

I'm glad we speak from the same page

Did you read [TreX-UK] comment, where he says "build a proper Democratic Country". WTF!!!! How can people think you can stomp half-way around the World with military hardware costing hundreds of billions of $$'s and dictate some kind of democracy!!

Anyway, Iraq's oil has been tendered to bid by OPEC. There are many, many oil fields to mine in Iraq, as it has the second or third highest reserves in the World, after Iran & Saudi Arabia. I'm sure there are back-room deals where they get a % of revenue but the vast majority will be pumped by third party countries.

BTW, the Caspian Sea is the last bastion on the planet where oil & gas are easily mined, so the next 10-20 years will be very interesting as they all encroach on that territory, including Russia & China. Iran is just a pesky fly that will soon be swatted out of existence and the West will have carte blanche of all of the southern Caspian Sea countries !!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TreX-UK

Isn't it humiliating when someone tells you, after spending so much money and lives that...we're finished with you now go take a hike?

Dang...I guess we'll have to find another way to bring the British down to earth so that they change their wicked ways.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

What a ludicrous post and show of obvious childish contempt, the British people have wanted to be out of this conflict since day one. Are you a United States citizen?

Also, does the '88' in your new signify your date of birth by any chance?

[edit on 28/7/09 by Sed Non Credo]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88

It seems the Brits have finally got the message from the Iraqi...Go jump off a Cliff. It seems that the British really couldn't take a hint...

They were given so many chances to avoid this humiliation, but I think they like it or something.

news.yahoo.com

You emphasises is on your belief that we have failed, which we clearly have not. We defeat the regime we went into defeat, although it has been messy since it certainly has not been a Vietnam has it now my friend?

You seem to be forgetting, if we by your judgement failed then so did your own nation, so did your own brothers die for your nation in a war that by your reckoning we lost.

You have a lot of growing up to do my young friend.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

what's your beef with the British. what are you talking about when you say the British set the Americans up. although we might not have the same technical hardware, the British army is one of the most professional in the world. You sound like another armchair general calling the shots from behind your TV.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
God, it's the summer holidays and someone is waiting for mummy to come home and make him/her/? dinner.

Troll people

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

Er, what's your malfunction dude and where are you from?

What's this big boner you have about "humiliating" the british? There are other nations in Iraq you know and we were pulling out anyway.

If the Iraqi's don't want our help training or protecting their rigs (seeing as they have no Navy or Marines capable of doing it), that's their perogative. Let the Iranians have them...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Does this guy realise Britain and America are on the same side?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

Maybe he just learnt about the war of Inderpendance but fell asleep half way though the lesson

I can Assure you as a British Citizen WE DO NOT WANT THESE WARS

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Wow that's a lot to digest...I try and respond to all.

88 is the year of birth of my oldest daughter...I am a 38 years old Grandfather.

I was actually reading about the War of 1812 when the British captured and burned Washington. Brits love War. Before that I was reading about the (French/Indian War) when the Brits swept away the Government of the Americas that preceded the Constitutional form of Government we live under now. I was also studying the events leading up to the execution of Louis XVI, his Wife and Louis XVII and thinking to myself how it seemed like George's revenge for the American Revolution.

I am very American, been here long enough to have been adversely affected by British influence in this country. But my beef isn't about things that happened 250 years ago, but about the events that preceded the invasion of Iraq and what I consider to be Britain's true role in events of the past 7 years.

I was reading an ancient Sumerian manuscript called the Epic of Gilgamesh. This story is basically a strategy paper on how to capture Kings and destroy Kingdoms...a must read for anyone interested in Alchemical/Artificial Kingship.

Britain's true role in the Iraq war was like the character Shamhat in the Epic, that of a temple prostitute. Britain and subjects of the British Throne/City of London, who are also American citizens were the architects of the invasion of Iraq. Unsuspecting American men were to be led to their destruction out in that desert; betrayed to the King of Babylon, Saddam Hussein, Elizabeth's Gorilla Pimp.

If that is not something to have issue with I am not sure what is, yet I want nothing more than to give supporters of British morals a good ribbing at have to pack their things and leave, while we spend this money.

The thing about Brits is this...sure they support America, when America does what it is told...outside of that dynamic Brits are some real backstabbers. Now that the Brits are being throughly swept from the places around the world that they do not belong...Taiwan, North Korea, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Honduros, etc. they are doing everything they can to cripple America...

Who's leading the assault against the dollar, where are they based?
Who's directing Somali Pirates, where are they based?
Who gave Iraq Militants Silencers to pull of that Bank Robbery in Baghdad earlier today?

Eventually you will find London/Britain stamped all over all of the stuff...that's what Brits are into.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by IDK88]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

That is, without doubt, the most bizarre, paranoid, mis-informed, innacurate rant i have ever had the privillege of reading.

Please keep it up!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Given the immaturity shown in your previous posts I find it hard to believe the age you claim, but your comments although seemingly attempting to gain points or reflecting pure idiocy.

War is ridden the world throughout time, it really is no good talking of a past that none of us had any baring on, and even though we all disagree with each our our designated leaders actions with regards to war in this day and age you need to consider the actions of your own nation before attempting to put us down due to our actions. I'm not even going to state why the United States has committed worse than Britain in this day and age because then I'd just be needlessly offending people as you are.

But rest assured my young friend, your nation in this day and age is unfortunately holding far more guilt than anybody else kid.

Okay, moving along... Find me some facts that show Britain are the architects of this War in Iraq please. How ironic, you're basing your dislike on something that your own nation was the creator of. Show me some facts showing we orchestrated this war, if you cannot you should realise your dislike is greatly misdirected.

Also, in this day and age I find it highly unlikely the United States would follow any requests/commands from Britain, the most recent factual and undeniable example is the second World War. If America was willing to indeed follow our commands, would you have not joined the war prior to Pearl Harbour having been attacked?

Really, which laughable statement do I respond to next. So much choice...

Oh, look found one after a second of looking... How have you been adversely been effected by the British relations in your life time??? I could quite easily argue that thanks to our strong cultural ties that in part is why America is a global leader, rather than a technological inferior American Indian tribe. Diplomacy for one.

We are doing everything we can to cripple America? HAHAHAHA ohhh I wish I could swear... mate take a walk outside, look a round and see your in the most powerful nation on this planet, then go inside and see if you can see any shred of information the makes you believe we're capable of even touching America, financially, militarily or whatever. Just find me one fact that shows we've got anything on you.

We're proud, but even us devil like Brits don't believe for a second we could damage America even if we tried. You are (sorry not you, as you are a small man, but your fellow nationals) are strong, very strong.

"
Who's leading the assault against the dollar, where are they based?
Who's directing Somali Pirates, where are they based?
Who gave Iraq Militants Silencers to pull of that Bank Robbery in Baghdad earlier today?
"

Come on then my lovable little friend, show me one piece of evidence. Seriously dude, don't believe everything you hear fear mongers shouting out. Find atleast on bit of proof first.

You really are only making yourself and potentially your people a laughing stock.

And my friend, you'll never make Britannia think twice. But maybe we will you. (p-p-p-paranoia!)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join