It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five facts....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Hey everybody, How are you doing? I am having trouble getting to sleep so naturally I decided to surf ATS. I had an idea for a thread. Essentially I am going to post 5 facts about me that you probably don't know.

I think it would be fun for people to join in and share five fun facts about themselves sort of as a way to get to know each other a little bit better. Of course if you are not comfortable sharing that is fine. There was a time when I would have been a bit... paranoid about such a thread myself...

So with out further ado.... Here are five fun facts about me.

1. In real life I am actually sort of shy. It takes a while for me to get comfortable with people before I loosen up.

2. As a kid I was on a local childrens program ( No longer aired) Called Rosie O' Hen. It was sort of like barney, only instead of a big purple dinosaur we had a big blue hen. I was also in a commerical for a cable company called Tele-cable.

3. In High school I was a BAD kid. I was loved by the other kids and hated by the adults. I skipped a lot. Fought a lot... Even committed some vandalism and did a few other things that I can not mention.

4. I cannot stand Coke-A-Cola. I have never met another person that cannot stand the taste of Coke. On the other hand I LOVE Orange soda!

5. I taught my self how to use a wood burning kit and made my own Ouija board. I am not very good but I will have to take a picture and post it up here for you all to see.

Well those are five fun little facts about me. I am curious to hear some interesting facts about each of you. If you have any questions about any of my facts feel free to ask!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
1. I invented the pencil but it wasnt until 50 years later i invented the pencil sharpener.

2. I am a NINJA and have killed many people most of them bad.

3. I can make myself invisible but only when no ones looking.

4. I know the meaning of life and its not 42.

5. Chuck Norris knows im the man.

6. I cant count

7. Im prone to a few white lies

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
5 facts are always a fact...
Thing is that sometimes they do change.
I guess that past is the past and that is that.
However on the coke thing i would be a bit reserved.
I mean i am against coke altogether but the fact of you being intolerable of its taste is not something to take for granted. Sometimes taste preferences change with age.

There have been specific foods that i did not eat when young that i will consume nowadays quite happily.

Closing the post i will wish you keeping intolerable to cokes taste and keep that fact standing along the other 4 depicted here.

Take care,
GTG

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GEORGETHEGREEK

There have been specific foods that i did not eat when young that i will consume nowadays quite happily.

Take care,
GTG

Well that was certainly an interesting post.... For what it is worth you are right. Tastes do change. However I have never liked Coke my whole life and I do not see my self liking it in the future ever...

So that said, Would you like to share 5 things about yourself?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Five Facts about Me.

I'll try to use stuff I've never posted here. I know the belly dancing, sailing, SCUBA, cooking, not liking cheese, tiny feet, whatever... it's mostly up here somewhere. Sooo... new things.

1. I used to play piano.
2. I USED to like macaroni and cheese when I was little. Now anything that's not mozzarella or sweet cheese in italian desserts or cheesecake makes me freak out.
3. I have around kinds of tea in my house. Last count was 46.
4. My hair is naturally really curly but I straighten it. I can't go out if it's not straightened, usually. I also dye my hair a little. It's naturally brown.
5. I don't float in a pool. My head floats but the rest sinks, because I'm skinny.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Neat...

1. My favorite music artist is Prince.

2. I've seen UFO's twice in my life.

3. I'm affraid of death.

4. I've never been arrested.

5. I've held in my hands and read, hand written letter from Elvis Presley to my aunt.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
1. I hate cooked mushrooms. They are slimey and gross.

2. I'm painfully cacophonic.

3. I am not buoyant and sink straight to the sea floor.

4. ATS is the first forum I ever joined.

5. I went to a Pet Shop Boys concert once.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

5. I went to a Pet Shop Boys concert once.

No need to frown just yet... The question is did you go willingly or were you dragged there?

I once had to go to a backstreet boys concert with my sister. Yuck!

As for ATS this too is the first forum I ever enjoyed!

[edit on 28-7-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

"with my sister"

yeah right !

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

5. I don't float in a pool. My head floats but the rest sinks, because I'm skinny.

I never could float... Not on my back anyway. I used to scare my parents by floating on my stomach and pretending that I drowned!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

"with my sister"

yeah right !

Well, I am fond of Nick... Wait what?

Seriously though, I drove her and some of her friends to go see them years ago.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Originally posted by elevatedone

2. I've seen UFO's twice in my life.

I have seen one once before. Well, I have seen three but honestly two could be explained away as military flares and a weather balloon. The first I saw as a kid and it was no flare or balloon. It was very obviously a flying craft of some kind.

4. I've never been arrested.

I have not either, but I came close quite a few times as a teenager. I was in and out of court alot.

5. I've held in my hands and read, hand written letter from Elvis Presley to my aunt.

Now that is cool. I am such a music fan and to be able to hold something like that is really amazing to me. May I ask, did your Aunt know Elvis or was he responding to a fan letter or what? Either way I think that is so cool!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

My aunt was a very religious person. She used to write letters to movie stars and politicians.

Elvis wrote back so did his dad.

I've read letters from, Ronald Reagan - actor, Lucille Ball, John Wayne to name a few.

It was very neat.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'm a big fan of Marc Almond.

I went to see Swan Lake once, but the seating was horrible and I could mostly only see the back of the person in front's head. I love the music, it's one of my favourite things in the world.

I've got a house full of spiders, but I feel too sorry for them to put them outside.

I was playing fetch with my dog in the hall upstairs and the toy we were playing with burst and the tiny white 'beans' fell out all over the dark blue carpet. It looks like the Milky Way.

I love the Mahabharat. Besides reading books, I've seen all of the 90 odd TV episodes. I've got them on DVD too.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by berenike]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I hate the taste of coke as well
... tastes like oven cleaner to me for some reason..

1. I have two tattoos
2. Im 22 years old but I look about 14. I take full advantage of it.
3. I once gave coolio a valentines card
4. Ive spent the last 5 years kidding myself that Im 5"6 when I am infact 5"4

5. I once got a lift home off bradley from s club 7

[edit on 28-7-2009 by Bluebelle]

[edit on 28-7-2009 by Bluebelle]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

That is very neat!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle

5. I once got a lift home off bradley from s club 7

That old pop group? How funny and cool is that?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by berenike

I've got a house full of spiders, but I feel too sorry for them to put them outside.

As long as it is not snakes.... I hate snakes!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

That old pop group? How funny and cool is that?

Yep

Him and a couple of the others had done a 'gig' at my student union, afterwards me and my friend were walking home and he stopped and asked us for directions & then offered us a lift home!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
1-When I was a kid I used to collect teddy bears and have over 300, they are still around somewhere...hah

2-I love playing chess

3-I gave a letter to a south american President by hand.
(VERY long ago!)

4-I cannot live a day without drinking tea

5-I'm a salsa dancer

[edit on 28/7/09 by plutoxgirl]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join