It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five facts....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Sorry peeps ...

Doing stuff and junk.

Disorientatered yet?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Disorientatered yet?

Always, my friend. Always. Sometimes I am so disorientatered that I am disorganizatatered! Wait what?

Oh and Spiramirabilis, Never seen Moth man but it actually is intriuging to me. I mean, the thought that the sighting of this creature tends to coincide with major disasters... Bizarre.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by plutoxgirl

love you too Ms. Dali

Oh dear, I thought it was Clouseau.

:bnghd:

LOL!

I like Clouseau too

[edit on 30/7/09 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
1. I am addicted to Early Grey and that is all I drink all day.

2. I enjoy watching the Sprout channel with my son.

3. I currently have 15 angelfish fry and praying that they make, though I know nothing about raising angelfish.

4. I am a gardener but I am lousy. I have a whole crop of broccoli that I have reaped nothing from. But have some pretty flowers. I have now left them for the bees and butterflies. XD

5. I am a Star Trek fan. And watching the Enterprise series. Which I didn't watch when it was out and am not regretting not supporting it, because it actually kicks ass.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

4. I am a gardener but I am lousy. I have a whole crop of broccoli that I have reaped nothing from. But have some pretty flowers. I have now left them for the bees and butterflies. XD

Oh that's cool. I tried to grow green beans in my back yard. I guess they do not do to well in the heat of Texas summers. I planted a total of 8 green bean plants and out of all that I got 3 green beans. All about 2 inches long and about as big around as the lead of a pencil....:shk:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Thank you! Glad to know I am not the only lousy gardener. LOL

Though we have horrible clay soil here. And I can't afford a bunch of soil. Though I found out about a truck bed for 35$ so I will do that next year.

That and I am still learning who likes what. Apparently broccoli doesn't like too much sunlight. Which they got.

I am gonna end up with four little gardens for all the various personalities.

Oh, and I didn't know that broccoli is actually just flower buds, so that was a neat little fact that I learned. Though I could of learned that from the net and not hours of work.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Oh, and I didn't know that broccoli is actually just flower buds, so that was a neat little fact that I learned. Though I could of learned that from the net and not hours of work.

I didn't know that either! Learn something new everyday huh?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

3. I currently have 15 angelfish fry and praying that they make, though I know nothing about raising angelfish.

Basic rule is for 1 inch of fish you need 1 gallon of water. You also need to calculate their full adult size, if you plan on keeping it alive to be an adult. Also the rule can be broken in a sense you don't buy a 10 inch full size adult fish for a 10 gallon tank.

For 15 freshwater angelfish they grow roughly 6-7 inches. I'll calculate at 6 inches so you need a 90 gallon tank, probably 100 if you have decorations and substrate. Anything less and they will die, the smaller and weaker ones will go first. Also angelfish are cichlids and very aggressive and territorial so you'll want more space. Angelfish are strange in that they swim horizontally alot. So a higher tank is much better than a wider tank.

If you see them kissing, they are actually locking lips and are fighting.

The best forum for fish is www.aquariacentral.com...

I would open an account there and you'll be addicted. Good luck in your new hobby, fish are the most difficult of all pets to have but extremely rewarding.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mvirata

Wow, you know a lot about this stuff. Very cool. I take it you raise angel fish?

Do you raise any other kinds?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
reply to post by mvirata

Wow, you know a lot about this stuff. Very cool. I take it you raise angel fish?

Do you raise any other kinds?

No I did not raise angelfish, I just know alot about them having fish for years. I used to have blue rams pictured below. VERY hard to raise.

I also had these little guys called Kribs, much easier.

Maybe I'll post my thoughts in another thread but I used to stare into the tank and think to myself to these fish I am their God. With Fish their entire environment is controlled by me. Moreso than say a dog or a cat. Between managing the fish, the bacteria, algae and plants, it was all about maintaining this living world in the glass. It is up to me to take the responsibility to ensure the care of their environment. I could be a good god or an evil god, or a careless god.

Then I started thinking some more :bnghd: (why do i think!) and I said, what if we are Gods Fish Tank????? And all he is doing is looking in at us, and poking around in there for maintenance every few?

The scary thing is, my fish started their own fish tank!!! JK about that part.

edit: typos

[edit on 31-7-2009 by mvirata]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mvirata

Then I started thinking some more :bnghd: (why do i think!) and I said, what if we are Gods Fish Tank????? And all he is doing is looking in at us, and poking around in there for maintenance every few?

edit: typos

[edit on 31-7-2009 by mvirata]

Actually that kind of thing is fun to think about I think. What if we ARE just gods fish bowl? Or even worse? What if we are his toilet bowl? And every time it rains and thunders...... Well... You see where I am going.:shk:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mvirata

I must know more

:-)

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

1. the very first time I got drunk (15) I ended up in the hospital - had my stomach pumped - who knew you could actually drink too much?

2. I think cauliflower is a crime against nature.

3. I was once responsible (at 16 - along with one other friend) for an entire development needing to be resurveyed. Pulled out all the stakes - put them in a pile - we were chased by 5 men in a jeep until we made it to the relative safety of the non-jeep friendly woods - we watched them cruising our town looking for us from the top of a hill for several hours. I know I should feel bad about it - but I don't.

4. I have something in common with Ernest Borgnine, David Letterman, Lauren Hutton and Laura San Giacomo.

5. I’m not as afraid of The Mothman in the Winter as I am in the Summer - I’m not sure why.

[edit on 7/30/2009 by Spiramirabilis]
LMAO!!
Too frickin funny.
The first time I got drunk was 6 shooters. They put out 6 shot glasses of Old Crow whiskey. I had to do them in a row. I did them... they lined them up again and again. I thought I was so tough...but like you... who knew? I woke up to my grandpa slapping me in the face.. I kept saying "Explosives!"... and then asked "who changed my shirt?"
Cauliflower? lol...Broccoli looks like little oak trees.. So naturally cauliflower are albino oak trees. I would have to say that tomatoes bother me because they look like they aren't done yet. I hate when you cut them open and it looks like their guts are oozing out.
You may have been in part responsible for the development of the GPS system. lol

something in common? hmmm you have a gap between your teeth????

there is less light in winter.. moths like light.. thats why

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

we're all human - and from North America

I think

but like you... who knew?

well - seems like someone should really tell you this sort of thing

what are after school specials for anyhow?

[edit on 8/1/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
1. I like my hangers to match. all white plastic.
2. I am in love with an ATS member
3. I love smoking. I think non smokers are weird.
4. I want a Viking style funeral
5. I think the world should run on Mac.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

we're all human - and from North America

I think

but like you... who knew?

well - seems like someone should really tell you this sort of thing

what are after school specials for anyhow?

[edit on 8/1/2009 by Spiramirabilis]
well I put all their names in my query and Diastema came up. lol
Don't you think they should have a courses on "Real Life". I could teach that class.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

it has a name???

...and Modonna

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

it has a name???

...and Modonna

Diastema is a gap or space between two teeth. The term is most commonly applied to be an open space between the upper incisors (front teeth). It happens when there is an unequal relationship between the size of the teeth and the jaw. Many species of mammals have diastema as a normal feature, for example the gap between molars and incisors in rodents.
Rodents lmao
can you say......
condolezzza rice wthout whistling??

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
1. I'm real big into physics and constantly come up with ideas I can't possibly test.

2. I'm an Aries and as such, I enjoy a good argument.

3. My user name is based off of a simple multiplication problem that results in the number 136 (8 x 17). Interestingly enough, on August 17th there are exactly 136 days left in the year.

4. I paid the only fine I've ever received from "The man" with all one dollar bills.

5. I'm a metal music enthusiast. I can only listen to something if it has a fast tempo.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

2. I am in love with an ATS member

4. I want a Viking style funeral

I hadn't thought about it - but now I do too

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join