It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five facts....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

Those are some interesting facts!

Do you recall what the letter to the South American president was about?

The closest I ever got to a president was when I met George W. Bush when he was Governor of Texas.

I was at the state capital and he was signing some education bill and he wanted some kids in the room so he could pose with them for the press. Those kids were me and my sister. I was about 8 or 9 then.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Those are some interesting facts!

Do you recall what the letter to the South American president was about?

The closest I ever got to a president was when I met George W. Bush when he was Governor of Texas.

I was at the state capital and he was signing some education bill and he wanted some kids in the room so he could pose with them for the press. Those kids were me and my sister. I was about 8 or 9 then.

OH! yeah, that's quiet a fact you've got there- Geroge W. Bush!

Well I do remember perfectly what the letter was about- I wanted to express my thoughts and ideas about the social and economical politics as well as other current events in the world and how it was affecting the latin american system.

I was kind of a naive idealistic adolescent by that time. Haha. I'm 25 now... go figure!- and I feel a bit embarrassed when I think about that event now. But well, when in adolescent times one is very impulsive, reckless, etc. So I try to cherish this as a funny anecdote.

The President was very nice though. However I'm sure he threw the letter to the dustbin the moment I left. Haha..

[edit on 28/7/09 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

That is cool though. It takes a lot of guts to stand up for your beliefs in such a way.

For the record, Bush was actually really nice too. After the Bill was signed. He walked us back to the food court we were originally found in. I remember being impressed that he had heard of the city I lived in. ( Allen TX at the time) At least he claimed he had heard of it.....hmmmm

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Haha, yes.
I couldn’t miss the chance that was put in front of me.

But, like I’ve said, other times in ones life (different ideas and conceptions of the world). You know, everything changes ...

Bush was nice, yeah, I imagined that. I think all politicians are usually very polite when in public. Of course!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Alright I'll play.

1) I'm a 3rd degree black belt in taekwondo, blackbelt in hapkido and akido and a black belt in a few other martial arts.

2) I'm younger then what most people think on Abovetopsecret and in real life they think I'm younger then what I look like (Go figure right?).

3) I suffer from severe insomnia

4) I was born in California, but I have lived in Louisiana for all my life

5) I was voted most popular and most successful, however, I could only pick one..lol.. So i picked most successful.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Originally posted by TheMythLives
Alright I'll play.

1) I'm a 3rd degree black belt in taekwondo, blackbelt in hapkido and akido and a black belt in a few other martial arts.

If I ever come across you in real life, remind me to stay on your good side!

2) I'm younger then what most people think on Abovetopsecret and in real life they think I'm younger then what I look like (Go figure right?).

Most people think I am older than I look, and when I am on ATS they often think I am MUCH older than I am. I am 22. I am told I look 25... I am not going to like looking older much longer... It was nice as a teen. Being 17 and looking 21.... Well it had its benefits...
3) I suffer from severe insomnia

4) I was born in California, but I have lived in Louisiana for all my life
That is cool. I am born and raised right here in the lone star state Texas.

5) I was voted most popular and most successful, however, I could only pick one..lol.. So i picked most successful.

Now that is cool being voted both, but it sucks that you had to choose just one! I imagine that the runner up for most popular winning your award really could not get to excited... I mean, it is not theirs! Oh well.

Each year the kids in my high school vote. I remember one year we had a vote for most hated by the teachers.... I won that.... But I am not sure if I should be proud or not....

Great facts!

[edit on 29-7-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
1-My real name is Chris not Nick

2-Most people have probably never heard of the bands I listen to.

3-I jump around, headbang, and play air guitar for absolutely no reason when I'm at home by myself.

4-I got the 2nd highest score you could get on my AP world history exam without studying.

5-I think Captain Crunch is the greatest cereal, and possibly the greatest food ever.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nick_napalm

4-I got the 2nd highest score you could get on my AP world history exam without studying.

Now that is real impressive. I never was good with tests, even when I studied. For some reason I tend to choke on tests.

Oh and about the captain crunch...That stuff is good, but Lucky charms is the best!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
1. the very first time I got drunk (15) I ended up in the hospital - had my stomach pumped - who knew you could actually drink too much?

2. I think cauliflower is a crime against nature.

3. I was once responsible (at 16 - along with one other friend) for an entire development needing to be resurveyed. Pulled out all the stakes - put them in a pile - we were chased by 5 men in a jeep until we made it to the relative safety of the non-jeep friendly woods - we watched them cruising our town looking for us from the top of a hill for several hours. I know I should feel bad about it - but I don't.

4. I have something in common with Ernest Borgnine, David Letterman, Lauren Hutton and Laura San Giacomo.

5. I’m not as afraid of The Mothman in the Winter as I am in the Summer - I’m not sure why.

[edit on 7/30/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
1. I was a DJ, Break Dancer, and a Night Club promoter. Now I am an IT Systems Administrator.
2. My favorite artist of all time is the Beatles but I love Trance/House/80's/Alternative Rock/Old Skool Hip Hop/Within Temptation.
3. I play Tennis and BBall, Bike and Jog.
4. My other favorite site that I abosolutely cannot live without is MMORPG.com.
5. As my picture shows, I do a little vampyr hunting as a side gig. My last apprentice was turned so I am accepting applications for a new one.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
5. I’m not as afraid of The Mothman in the Winter as I am in the summer - I’m not sure why.

hahah...I love you Spira!!!.-

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

love you too Ms. Dali

:-)

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

5. I’m not as afraid of The Mothman in the Winter as I am in the Summer - I’m not sure why.

That is interesting.

What about spring and fall?

[edit on 30-7-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mvirata

2. My favorite artist of all time is the Beatles but I love Trance/House/80's/Alternative Rock/Old Skool Hip Hop/Within Temptation.

My all time favorite group is The beatles as well. I never did get into 80's, trance/house music but I can get into alt rock and old school hiphop a bit.

I am mostly into classic rock.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

love you too Ms. Dali

Oh dear, I thought it was Clouseau.

:bnghd:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Spring not so much - but Fall is still pretty scary

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Yeah I know what you mean. That is some scary stuff!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Wow! Your avatar just changed from a man to a devil dog and now its a skeleton dog! !

It's magic I tell you! MAGIC!

How is life buddy?

[edit on 30-7-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

now that I get another look - pretty close

hey - what's going on over there in the member center?

2 avatars ago (?) was one of my very favorite characters from an amazing movie

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

seriously - Mothman - does it get any creepier than that?

plus - totally real

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join