It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five facts....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by seagrass

2. I am in love with an ATS member

:-)

4. I want a Viking style funeral

I hadn't thought about it - but now I do too
I think it is illegal to light a boat on fire now. Dang it.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eitimzevinten

2. I'm an Aries and as such, I enjoy a good argument.

No you don't!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass

reply to post by seagrass

2. I am in love with an ATS member

4. I want a Viking style funeral

I hadn't thought about it - but now I do too
I think it is illegal to light a boat on fire now. Dang it.

This just cracked me up....

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It's so great to read about everyone. I like.

Hmmm...five facts:

My name's not Jack. However, I was named after an eccentric but very wealthy great aunt who was going to leave me all of her money - only she didn't.
I'm a Sagittarius
I love music
For some reason people always come to me for advice but never seem to take it.
Frequently, people tend to think they know me from somewhere or say that I look like someone they know.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Frequently, people tend to think they know me from somewhere or say that I look like someone they know.

this is too funny - you and I have this in common

I have a theory - a very Twilight Zone theory - about not really having a face of my own - everyone sees the face they want to see

just how common is this for you?

because it's been going on my whole life

I've even had people swear they saw me places I've never been

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

It's been happening as long as I can remember.

People will walk up to me and start talking about stuff and I have no idea who they are.

Or they may say things like: "You're that girl from (fill in the blank)" or "Aren't you (so and so's) friend" or "Don't I know you from somehwhere..."

It's amusing. It's also handy for getting free drinks.

I have a theory - a very Twilight Zone theory - about not really having a face of my own - everyone sees the face they want to see

That sounds like a very interesting thread...

[edit on 2/8/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

It's been happening as long as I can remember

me too - since I was about 12 probably (OK - I remember stuff from before 12...)

People will walk up to me and start talking about stuff and I have no idea who they are.

Or they may say things like: "You're that girl from (fill in the blank)" or "Aren't you (so and so's) friend" or "Don't I know you from somehwhere..."

yeah - and for me - makes no difference between male and female (I look like a girl - I swear!) I get "you look just like my brother" or someone's cousin Frank...it's nuts

once some guy told me he saw me at a party or something - that couldn't have been possible - called me a liar - started to really get into it

so - generic faces - or what?

LOL hey - maybe we have the same face

see - for me it's never once been useful :-)

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

so - generic faces - or what?

I hope not! At least no one has ever told me that...

LOL hey - maybe we have the same face

Maybe we're a glitch in the Matix! Or some sort of universal doppelgänger...

see - for me it's never once been useful :-)

Really!? I've met some cool people and some weird people. I've had unusual conversations and opportunities.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Or some sort of universal doppelgänger...

cooooolllll....I kinda like that idea :-)

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

You and me have to go to a bar now

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Or some sort of universal doppelgänger...

cooooolllll....I kinda like that idea :-)

That would be cool. Talking to your own doppleganger...

Unless it caused some kind of tear in the space time continuim and it caused the end of the entire universe!

Yikes!

That reminds me. My own my saw a person that she said she thought was me standing at a bus stop. Because she thought it was me she pulled over to offer him a ride. When she got closer she realized it was not me though, just some one who looked alot like me.

He must have looked alot like me to fool my own mom!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

That would be cool. Talking to your own doppleganger...

wouldn't it? but I guess it's not really the best of luck

Unless it caused some kind of tear in the space time continuim and it caused the end of the entire universe!

yeah - I'm not really that knowledgeable about physics - I'm not sure how that would work

He must have looked alot like me to fool my own mom!

would be weird to see them for yourself - would you recognize that someone looks like you on your own do you think? I mean - do you think we really know what we look like (yes - I know - mirrors. photos...) but I don't think it's the same as seeing someone in person - especially yourself

the thing I think was interesting about what kosmicjack suggested is a universal doppelgänger - they could be the other person for anybody

but that's probably already covered under shape shifters - right?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

would be weird to see them for yourself - would you recognize that someone looks like you on your own do you think? I mean - do you think we really know what we look like (yes - I know - mirrors. photos...) but I don't think it's the same as seeing someone in person - especially yourself

Hmm that sounds like a great thread idea for the psychology,philosophy and metaphysics forum. You should write something up on that if you have not already.

Anyway, I think I could recognize someone that looks like myself. When I was in high school there was another kid who actually looked quite a bit like me... Or did I look like him? hmmmm... Anyway, We did not look enough alike to be dopplegangers or anything but we both could tell that we looked alike. People often thought were were brothers. In reality we really did not know each other. We were just aquaintences.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Hmm that sounds like a great thread idea for the psychology,philosophy and metaphysics forum. You should write something up on that if you have not already.

I don't have ideas - I just get fragments of ideas - not a very good thread starter I'm afraid - but it is an interesting idea

when you look at yourself in a mirror - you already know you're about to look at yourself

but - if you just walked up to you on the street ...?

I wonder :-)

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
1- i can't be in crowds, i get nervous, sweat and head directly for the door

2- i spend on average 9 months a year deep in the woods and desert

3- it would take and act of torture to get me to even think about swallowing an oyster.

4- after all the crazy things i've done in my past i'm very lucky to still be alive.

5- last time i had my hair cut, it took 5 arkansas state troopers to accomplish this task.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by rubbertramp]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I don't have ideas - I just get fragments of ideas - not a very good thread starter I'm afraid - but it is an interesting idea

when you look at yourself in a mirror - you already know you're about to look at yourself

but - if you just walked up to you on the street ...?

I wonder :-)

Well if you walk up to yourself on the street, not expecting it... I can only speculate...

I am excited and happy now because I have something new to ponder!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

5- last time i had my hair cut, it took 5 arkansas state troopers to accomplish this task.

I have to admit I am curious as to the details of this one. I hate getting a hair cut myself and put it off as long as possible but inevitably give in and get one eventually because I think I look better with shorter hair, but I am just trying to imagine a scenario in which 5 state troopers would deem it necessary to cut my hair.

Yikes.

Would you be willing to explain a bit more? It seems like a good story.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

it's funny - but I've actually been thinking about it (off and on - just so it doesn't look like I have a problem) since the other day

but you know what? twins know exactly what it's like

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

but you know what? twins know exactly what it's like

Or do they? Because twins know about each other and know to expect to see another person that looks like them.

But what about a person who has no twin or does not know they have a twin?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join