It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have every right in the world to whoop ya kid's..PLZ start I am sick of all the punk's

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by orwellianunenlightenment

That sounded interesting, but you may want to add a few paragraph spaces to get read by everyone on the thread

Unfortunately, those that justify violence as a form of 'education/guidance' do not appear to have the subtelty of awareness to understand the implications.

Responses such as 'I got the belt as a child and I am not an axe murderer' are typical in the thread, and are clear indications of almost total lack of self awareness. The moment you raise your hand to strike another, you have already lost yourself and crossed the line into insanity.

There is much reference to 'respect'. I believe people are confusing fear based respect with respect based on admiration. I prefer to work for the latter, as the former has more drawbacks than benefits.

However, it does take work. Slapping only requires unconsciousness, which let's face it, is the natural human condition for most of the people most of the time (self included)

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Yeah, I know I get convoluted sometimes. I write very stream-of-consciousness, because it the the best way for me to bring my deepest thoughts to the surface. It involves a long process of editing after the fact, and I am sometimes a little busy or lazy, LOL. I will go back and edit now.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

Tell me this kid does not deserve more than the average butt whoopin!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Although smacking is ok it's still an easy way to end a problem. Why doesn't the parent try talking some sense into his kid, try to explain why the kid is not allowed to do something?

The PC's are not the cause of the problem. It's the parents who let the PC "raise" their kid.

About the smoking. People have started to realize the negative effects of smoking. It's a completely pointless and expensive habit. We can live without smoking, it's the weak ones who can't. It's not a necessity.
Might as well legalize drugs with the same excuses that smoking has..

Originally posted by DaMod
Actually I think that being disciplined as a child makes you a more respectful person. Those that could do whatever they want turn out to be brats their whole lives.

You're wrong. This is fear you are talking about. When a kid respects his parents because he is afraid of a punishment then that is not respect.
When I was a kid I never stepped out of the line because my parents taught me to respect others without using any force.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

reply to post by undermind

If your 12 year old decides to steal your car, spank them! If they are rude and blatantly disrespectful to others spank them!

In fact, if they do anything at all to upset or invalidate your fragile little ego, spank them?!?

After all, you are the epitomy of righteousness and knowlege and the little tykes must grow up to fit your limited perceptions and be exactly the way you desire ...

No wonder they feel the need to steal your car and disrespect your false sense of self

Ever considered they are more evolved than you and actually trying to help you wake up?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Tell me this kid does not deserve more than the average butt whoopin!

Why, would that make you feel better about violating your own children?

[edit on 29/7/09 by RogerT]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Coming to a neighborhood near you:

It used to be single parent households that were bad enough, but those kids are now letting their parents raise their own children (grandparents raising grandchildren), and this article is just one example of the result.

Not long ago, she says, she watched a crowd of 100 black teens surround an elderly white man who was walking his dog.

''They were blocking his path and cursing him out and taunting his dog,'' she says.

Another time she saw ''a white girl getting jumped on by all these black girls.''

''We are raising 'entitlement children,' '' says the daughter. ''They think they are entitled to have more freedom, more stuff, more of everything — and they're not willing to do anything to earn it.''

''Kids want nothing but money, and all these electronics. But it's easier to watch that person who just walked out of GameStop, crack 'em in the head and run off with their stuff.''

Although many of us thought the election of a black president would ease racial tensions at least a little, Barack Obama's overwhelming victory apparently is having the opposite effect in some quarters.

Both of these women say they are sick of hearing black people shout ''Obama!'' in response to any type of public disagreement with a white person.

Much, much more:

Teens keep hate alive, women say

No discipline, only appeasement.

--

[edit on 29-7-2009 by DohBama]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

How about this little $#%&*#+?

If my son had done such a thing, I'd be pulling his pants down too, but not for a laugh.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT

reply to post by undermind

If your 12 year old decides to steal your car, spank them! If they are rude and blatantly disrespectful to others spank them!

In fact, if they do anything at all to upset or invalidate your fragile little ego, spank them?!?

After all, you are the epitomy of righteousness and knowlege and the little tykes must grow up to fit your limited perceptions and be exactly the way you desire ...

No wonder they feel the need to steal your car and disrespect your false sense of self

Ever considered they are more evolved than you and actually trying to help you wake up?

Lol! I love when people twist the things I say to use the word ego. Spanking should only be used maybe 1% of the time. You're acting like I don't believe in time outs or other forms of discipline! If your kid steals your car and you do nothing about it then they will undoubtedly do it again! If the punishment undercuts the crime then they would do it again. Limited perceptions? No, not limited, you obviously tie spanking to the same bow as beating a child senseless. They are not one and the same. Extreme physical abuse causes emotional trauma, discipline inspires 2nd thought to a wrongful action. People have used physical discipline for hundreds of years, and in my opinion those children turned out better than our current self righteous, entitled, disrespectful youth that has no regard to anyone but themselves.

Welcome to the new age of parenting I guess.

You think I would like to spank my kids? You think it is an enjoyable experience? NO! Quite the opposite actually. You must do what has to be done in order to insure a proper upbringing. In fact the spanking method really only needs to be used once just to put the thought in there. They will know you are not kidding around when they step way out of line. They will be sure that it doesn't happen again. You are putting spankers in the same category as those who come home drunk every night and beat their children black and blue.

Do you put the same undertones on spanking as you do with say washing a child's mouth out with soap?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

That kid is an example of bad parenting. And all the other kids who encourage this kind of behaviour.
I doubt that even beating that kid up very bad would make him a better person.

If you leave a scar to his psyche, by humiliating the kid in the cruelest way, then maybe it will help.

[edit on 29/7/2009 by DGFenrir]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yes I have a problem with whoopin ever since in my job I have interracted with many many thousands of the public.

Waaaay too many of the big daddy family tyrants are completely ignorant and incompetent and just copy their father from the fifties or sixties or whatever because they've never known the path of the heart in a family.

I smacked my eldest son for a couple of years, then stopped because it was making me a class A in the home. I

I think I'm not alone in arriving at that conclusion.

To put the fear in a kid is no big achievement. It teaches them to fear physical violence which is not a good thing.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Don't let this needling upset you. If you know when to use corporal punishment on a child that is out of control, I salute you. I encourage no one to have children these days, they are being allowed to grow up as selfish undisciplined spoiled brats totally unable to take care of themselves when they become adults. When I was growing up, everyone left home at age 18, and didn't go back either! These days so many kids are turning out to be just complete drains on society.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DohBama

Although that article did inspire some anger on my part I have to say that your original statement was not entirely accurate. I was raised by a single mother who lived with her parents (my grandparents). I found that having my grandparents around as well as my mother (and without my piece of %#%* father) gave me a much better support system.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir
reply to post by Bombeni

That kid is an example of bad parenting. And all the other kids who encourage this kind of behaviour.
I doubt that even beating that kid up very bad would make him a better person.

If you leave a scar to his psyche, by humiliating the kid in the cruelest way, then maybe it will help.

Aw bullcrap. If that little heathen had been raised properly and had his butt whipped when he was disrespectful to adults---which we can obviously see he was and I doubt this was the first time he did such a thing---he never would have pulled that act. I can garrontee neither of my sons would have even THOUGHT of trying such a despicable act on a teacher.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

A well raised child does not get out of control. You are talking about the consequences of crappy parenting.

Our society is screwed. We have parents who forget to parent their children and end up having sppoiled brats who encourage bad behaviour. For some reason being the bad guy has become cool..

That heathen was raised unproperly but you are saying that whipping his behind is the only way to raise a kid properly. I have never been whipped or even smacked and I've never done such a thing. I never was a bully in school and never encouraged such things. I supported those who were bullied. That of course cost me a little but I didn't really care if I could hang out with the "cool" kids.

If you raise your kid properly from the start then you'll never need to whip his butt!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
How about this:

If you control your child with violence, someone else will do the same down the line.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DGFenrir

I am a more respectful person because of it. Therefore your statement (in my case anyway) is wrong. I have a lot of self control and a ton of respect. I was taught hard work and dedication and where I to do something horribly wrong I would be disciplined. Sure I feared the swat but it kept me from doing things to deserve the swat. Now that I no longer get the swat, I still carry the values that I learned. Sometimes man you have to discipline your kids and teach them the meaning of respect. What hurts them for a couple mins could change their life for the better in the long run.

No pain no gain.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I am a more respectful person because of it. Therefore your statement (in my case anyway) is wrong. I have a lot of self control and a ton of respect. I was taught hard work and dedication and where I to do something horribly wrong I would be disciplined. Sure I feared the swat but it kept me from doing things to deserve the swat. Now that I no longer get the swat, I still carry the values that I learned. Sometimes man you have to discipline your kids and teach them the meaning of respect. What hurts them for a couple mins could change their life for the better in the long run.

No pain no gain.

I'm not saying it doesn't work. It usually does but what did you do to deserve the swat? And why?
Could've it been possible for you not to do those things you got punished for?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Well that is wonderful that you were never disciplined and turned out to be a model citizen, you should submit yourself to the Natl. Society of Parenting for research.

Some kids don't need discipline, or at least never need a spanking. But some do, especially boys. When their hormones start kicking in about the age of 11 or so, it's time for some of them to play king of the mountain. Parents who are too lazy to rise to the occasion and allow these kids to grow up thinking they are king, may very well see them in a court one day.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I'd rather not speak of what I did
. I will say yes I deserved it and yes I could have refrained from doing it but I didn't hence the need for a good swat.

I am talking about spanking only btw. I don't believe that a slap across the face is right on any occasion since it can cause more damage than a slap to the gluts.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join