It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Treasures in the Grand Canyon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I have to side with Kadinsky on this one...

while in my own hopefully humorous way, i'll maintain that people in small numbers probably crossed all the time...

It's incredibly against all odds they did so and were able to carry that kind of weight on their boat...

Even while I maintain the crossings almost had to have had happened, I would also add... allot of people that tried died...

Allot would depend on weather... right conditions you could do it in a rubber life raft... wrong conditions, ships still sink today from time to time.

The odds of a Volume of treasure getting over and then making it's way down into the canyon is incredibly slim.

Contact.. Influence of some sort?

a Possibility

But an Egyptian treasure outpost that far in land, huge chambers... highly doubtful...

If there is any truth to the story the goods would have had to have ben made here under the direction of a very few...

I never say never...

But really long odds here

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by rken2

This is interesting because back in the early 70s I worked briefly with a woman named Thelma Dunlop, she was employed with the DA of Long Beach, CA. Her husband was an archeologist. She was enployed as a psychic being used to solve crimes on a full time basis and also help her husband using her psychic abilities to locate more objects or sites after a first discovery had been made.

I don't believe you. This is how the crazy internet stories get started. Somebody will read this and mention how they 'knew this guy that knew this psychic...etc.' Lemme take a wild stab in the dark here...urm...you've lost the rubbing and the images? Your dog ate it? Shed burned down? It was confiscated by the Government or a Native American wise man took them from you because...'The people...they are still children...they are not ready. It is said that when Jay builds nest...the young must hunger."

Let's see the pictures. News clipping of Thelma's success?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I don't believe you.

NO, tell us what you really think..................

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This is very strange, I was just reading about this cave system for the past couple of hours and decided to come make a thread about it, but now I see that I am 3 days late, lol. Odd because the syncronicity is just off the top.
Could there be some significance to us both bringing the caves to light?

Edit to say I believe it is Reptillian related.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by antar]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I found nowhere in my search where GE claimed to have worked for the Smithsonian, he was on a river rafting trek from Green river Wyoming when he made the discovery.

Later after he contacted the Smithsonian about the artifacts he discovered, they sent out their own crew to investigate.

What I found most intriging was that GE was reported to have said that "They" did not want the caves disturbed, so I have to wonder if he may have had a much deeper meeting within the caves than what he was willing to discuss openly?

Also from what he said about the caves systems later they sound very similar to those discussed in Dulce.

Yes I do think there is a connection.

Do the Reptilians enjoy art from different cultures worldwide? Why not, and if these caves systems are as intricate as some suppose it is possible they connect worldwide which brings in some of the hollow earth theories to the mix.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Crazy stories like Greenwich being 0 degrees because England invented the idea???

.........................................................................................................

Antar - thanks for that information. At least some people are walking around without blinders.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by win 52

Crazy stories like Greenwich being 0 degrees because England invented the idea???

Sometimes Win52, it's better to remain quiet and let people suspect you are an eejit, than to post the above and prove it

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Of course this is possible. The Egyptians were probably the most civilised of all the ancient civilisations. There is no point blank reason to say they could not have crossed the atlantic. They were great sailors, they had to be because they traded with so many different nations. They were also supreme builders, it only takes one look at the pyramids to work that one out. I've looked at all your links to images of this rock, and it really does look different to the rest of the landscape, like it has been shaped in a specific way. Considering most of the temples in Egypt are cut from rock faces, this looks very simlar.

I've also looked at images of egyptian sea vessels, and some of them weren't just papyrus rafts, some of them were very sophisticated ships, more than capable of making it across the Atlantic. They're really not too much of a far cry from the sailing ships of the more moden times.

The Egyptians were humans with the same desires to explore as we have today, I'm also certain they would have worked out that the world was much bigger than it seemed.

Here are some of the images of the ships:

Ship 1

Ship 2 (better view of ship 1)

Ship 3

[edit on 20-8-2009 by The Chez]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by The Chez

HI Chez

Hatshepsuts ship from her expedition to Punt to open up trade, Ok they did have ships, and sea faring ships, howewer Punt expedition is the most advance sea ship recorded (keep in mind they recorded their feats to show their magnificence, not hide it) and it is a modified river barge that they had worked for millenia already. Hatcshepsuts ship has modifications to sail that match Mediterranean/Agean craft but none of this would likely be able to do substanial ocean voyage.
In fact Hatchepsuts ship shows the water line higher than normal, it is suggested it reflects it did not float as well as they had hoped.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Ancient Egypt Link With Australia

Thats another interesting article about hieroglyphs found in Austrailia that describe early Egyptian explorers injured & stranded there.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by The Chez

thoroughly debunked, They even found the crazy Yugoslavian man who did them.
I have clapped eyes on them, there is no sence to the 'story telling' and over years more and more appeared lol until they caught the guy red handed.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by rken2

This is interesting because back in the early 70s I worked briefly with a woman named Thelma Dunlop, she was employed with the DA of Long Beach, CA. Her husband was an archeologist. She was enployed as a psychic being used to solve crimes on a full time basis and also help her husband using her psychic abilities to locate more objects or sites after a first discovery had been made.

I don't believe you. This is how the crazy internet stories get started. Somebody will read this and mention how they 'knew this guy that knew this psychic...etc.' Lemme take a wild stab in the dark here...urm...you've lost the rubbing and the images? Your dog ate it? Shed burned down? It was confiscated by the Government or a Native American wise man took them from you because...'The people...they are still children...they are not ready. It is said that when Jay builds nest...the young must hunger."

Let's see the pictures. News clipping of Thelma's success?

That was in 1969 and I was 18 (58 now). Been a long time ago. Believe what you want to believe. It makes no difference to me. Its my story and I'm sticken to it.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by rken2

That was in 1969 and I was 18 (58 now). Been a long time ago. Believe what you want to believe. It makes no difference to me. Its my story and I'm sticken to it.

There was no offense intended
Still, you can see how these things get going? No evidence, but conviction in the story

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I have discovered more Egyptian glyphs in America.

Pls go to 5 mins 02.
See on the floor in the Toth.

Wow great find zazz, see i always knew the truth was being hidden from us.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Why is there so many Egyptian and Hindu names in the canyon? And why are those areas banned? I think the answer is obvious. The story is true and they don't want people in there investigating.

farshores.org...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

what egytian and hindu names might these be
come on man, the original story in the pheonix gazette was bs and has been thouroghly debunked.

The grand canyon has been thouroghly explored

[edit on 18-9-2009 by punkinworks]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks

There are probably places within the Grand Canyon and it tributaries that haven't been explored but the area mentioned within the BS letter have probably been gone over with a fine tooth comb.

One of the finer aspects of fringe belief is to (almost) never publish or make known a failure of a follow up expedition or exploration. The original statement, report or whatever is allowed to exist, pristine and shining like a light for believing moths. Catching believers to this day....

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Hi hans,

I have gotten around a little in my neck of the woods, western us, and one thing ive found is that there is almost nowhere that people havent been.
Thats not to say that every single side canyon has been explored, but if any large constructions were performed they would have been found, just as the hidden cities of the anasazi were.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
punkinworks, read the first article thoroughly. It has not been debunked. There was a person who posted that worked in the canyon who confirmed that there were areas in the canyon banned by the Gov. I've said it a thousand times, you orthodox guys just refuse to read and open your eyes.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

doors.stanford.edu... ( shows a few sites)

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

So now not only do the egyptians either walk across 1/2 a continent or the made it around the cape and came up the colorado, past many many rapids and water falls, to haul the stuff 1500' up a cliff side to buiild a hidden temple.

And that 2nd link the one to the photo essay proves my point that the grand canyon is accessable.
And only the indian lands are restricted, because they are soveriegn lands, not some conspiracy.

And the names, what, 4 features out of thousands of spires and things, were likely infuenced by the article we are discusing.
Or the "oriental" fad that was popular amongst victorians,(1890's ish).

You know if it was just generic treasure id totaly go with the story, but its such a stretch to have egyptians in the grand canyon.
I would go as far as to accept the possibilty of the AE, by way of hired cannanite sailors could have made it to the new world, but not in any number large enough to have achieved what is claimed.
But then you know , the eygyptians didnt even explore their own continent fully. Why make all the effort to take on such an ambititous endevour.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join