It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Treasures in the Grand Canyon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dnevnoi

I am down, I will do it, except for that whole damn money thing... Any finacial backers, if this true and the goverment hasnt pillaged it yet think of the History and the riches.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I first read this story in Drunvalo Melchizedek's books "The Ancient Secret of The Flower Of Life" around 9 yrs. ago. The article said some mountain climbers went there and climbed it but the entrances had been sabotaged. It said there is
another site that the Gov. has quarantined. So you can't get near it. There are many articles on google but they are all similar.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Egyptian Treasures in Grand Canyon? Not likely

Isis Temple? No just a huge pile of rock called a Mountain. One of many in the Grand Canyon.

IF there would have been ancient tribes living there IN the mountains and using the Mountain for rituals and / or burrials, then it's more likely been an ancient Indian tribe. Who knows maybe even more advanced in techs then the Mayans.

But it's all just guessing without any proper research and data.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melyanna Tengwesta
Egyptian Treasures in Grand Canyon? Not likely

Why is it not likely? Because it is not currently a part of your Information Processing Grid? If Hawass were to come out and say it is possible, would that make it any easier for you to believe? Why do you not feel it is likely?

Unless you have another explanation for how coc aine was found in Egyptian mummy's, your "not likely" quickly becomes, "say what?".

Perhaps this isn't Egyptian in origin (the OP). Perhaps it is part of the civilization that gave rise to Egypt? I surely am not the only one that notices how similar the picto-graph style of written language is when comparing Mayan and Egyptian. Manly P Hall states that where you find Pyramids, you find the locations of the progeny of Atlantis. Perhaps a little too aggressive a statement by the great thinker....but it gives you a moment to pause and think.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

It really isn't likely....

Egyptian sea capabilities are increasingly understood and their ships couldn't manage an ocean journey. Their timbers were actually lashed together and prone to shipworms. They were designed to be dismantled and rotten or worm damaged timber replaced. Cedar was popular for it's slightly improved resilience to shipworm. Their journeys are recorded by themselves and their neighbors. Interior of N America? Not likely...

The coc aine samples remain anomalous...not indicative of pre-Columbus Egyptian ocean travel. As mentioned, a larger study found NO traces of coc aine in the sample. Nicotine was at dietary levels. The original sources of the 'coc aine' samples would need to be reanalyzed to resolve the issue. The thing is...who'd bother?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

That is the real problem..."who'd bother".

There are findings that cannot be explained, but that still exist, that are not investigated and instead just dismissed with the label of "anomolous". That sort of thing happens all too often.

When you put a 1000 piece puzzle together, you don't just make the best picture you can out of 995 pieces. You have to use all 1000 pieces to get a true picture. It isn't science when you ignore datum that contradicts the theory you espouse. That is called "cherry picking". (bear in mind, that is not directed at you...just a general rant against the current state of science).

I still assert that, if a cave was found with said artifacts, it is entirely possible that it comes from the same civilization that allowed Egypt to just explode on the scene. The forerunner that gave rise to the amazing initial capabilities of the Egyptians, which slowly deteriorated over the intervening eons.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The AE people boggle my mind.

I have read that the AE people came from small tribes that later became the AE peoples, but at the same time the first pyramids were better quality than those that followed.

Some people attribute it to Alien intervention, but what if the intervention was very much terrestrial, just from across the sea, such as the area of the Grand Canyon. Suppose these people were more advanced than the people who later became the AE people, and suppose they even intermarried with these people giving rise to the AE people. If they had superior knowledge, they might have been able to build the first pyramids. Over time, the knowledge they possessed was lost and the pyramids became less well built.

Just a theory based upon the information being found in the Grand Canyon being true and not a hoax if it is a hoax my entire theory is irrelevant.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I had got into reading about this several years ago after hearing a friend talk about something unrelated and came across this, but remember reading a few things that I didn't see here. One of which was I had read that someone found a reference to this Kincaid person in a publishing smithsonian had sent out some years prior (i.e. 1907 or such) about the possiblity of bringing him over as a consultant for some projects. I had also read that the supposed location, or one of the supposed locations, now have steel bars blocking access to them by the gov. Additionally, the land that those caves were on had been taken over by the gov and the local indians noted that they were not allowed on that land either, and they had used some bogus excuse as to why that had to be government land.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Thor Heyerdahl completed an Atlantic Ocean voyage using an ancient Egyptian boat design. They are now called the Ra Expeditions. (He had done the same thing in the Pacific with a simple boat to prove the Pacific Islanders could of made long journeys.)

www.kon-tiki.no...

His journeys do prove oceanic travel was quite feasible to the ancients.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Yes he did and his Kon-Tiki Man book was a great read. I don't see it as being relevant to the OP. The guys that built Ra and Ra2 used a knowledge of ocean-going vessels when they built them.

There are no historical records of oceanic journeys by the Egyptians. There's no record of Kincaid apart from the news story. No evidence of Egyptian treasures being found in a cave in the Grand Canyon. No evidence of an Egyptian tomb being found.

On any level I look at this story, I can't understand how it could be true. It's so clearly a hoax by somebody in 1907

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I think what many of us here have mentioned is that even though, in all probability it is indeed a hoax, there is a possibility that it isn't.

Now granted probability > possibility.

Still, just as there are many reasons to point out how it's most likely a hoax, both sides of the issue do have to be addressed, and many here have pointed out numerous ways in which it could be possible, even if not bloody likely.

Part of the Scientific Process is considering ALL possibilities, no matter how remotely possible they might be. To do otherwise would fall prey to the same pseudoscience that scientists discredit and denounce.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

The Thor Hyerdall info is a very pertinent entry into this debate. While i agree, this is not a probable report, it IS a possible report. Without anything to contradict it, there is no reason to not give some level of credibility (in my mind, it is 50-50). The story is very specific and refers to sources that they HAD to know would be easy to verify.

The ability to get here via seagoing vessels is not really of prime concern. It would seem that the Etruscans and Phoenicians were capable of doing it.

Consider this: IF Atlantis was in the Atlantic, and it truly sank, then it would seem that we have a great reason for not only how "Egyptian" relics ended up in the America's, but also it might explain why "The New World" was separated from our ancestors across the pond.

First, perhaps the reported Atlantic island kingdom was the source of Egyptian capability, and was how the kingdom seemed to explode into existence, and wane every since.

In the second piece, perhaps the issue comes from the perturbations in the ocean due to the rearranging of water currents, etc, in the aftermath of the large island sinking.

These are not my ideas. They belong to Manly P Hall, from his "Secret Teachings of the Ages" book.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
They found an electrode inside an insulator, inside a geode found in Arizona. That was called anomalous and dismissed because this is not possible, given what is taught in class rooms.

I say this is entirely possible and we have no real grasp as to what went on in those days. How can we believe if we were taught differently?

The idea of local artists making those mirror productions of Egyptian artifacts and were instructed by Egyptian artists is a very reasonable hypothesis.

They even named the mountain peaks around the area with Egyptian names.

This is why people have a hard time believing the truth when it is so plain to some one who knows differently. How do I know? I think they call it "hind sight".

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by win 52

They found an electrode inside an insulator, inside a geode found in Arizona. That was called anomalous and dismissed because this is not possible, given what is taught in class rooms.

Yes they did and no they don't! It was a 1920s sparkplug manufactured by Champion. It came to be where they found it as a result of early combustion engines used in local mines as generators...

Bill Bond, founder of the Spark Plug Collectors of America, and curator of a private museum of spark plugs containing more than two thousand specimens. Bond said he hadn't spoken to Windham, but said he thought he knew the identity of the Coso Artifact, "A 1920s Champion spark plug." Spark plug collector Mike Healy also concurred with Bond and Windham's assessment about the spark plug. The fourth collector, Jeff Bartheld, Vice-President of the Spark Plug Collectors of America contacted Stromberg via postal mail on October 18, 1999, and also confirmed that the artifact was a 1920s Champion spark plug. To date, there has been no dissent in the spark plug collector community as to the origins of the Coso Artifact.
source

The only folks still claiming that scientists think the 'Coso Artifact' is anomalous are Creationists. The same Creationists have access to the same research as everyone else..so why do they perpetuate the myth that this is anything other than a sparkplug?

The peaks have modern names...Zoroaster, Brahmin, Devil's Corkscew, Isis Temple, Hermit's Hole etc...Grand Canyon Peaks....

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Kandinsky]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I think the reason we all think these are real - or most of us at least - is because deep down it all makes sense and resonates at some level of our being. I know I can feel it.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I could have used area 51, Roswell, Hopi legend and many other anomylous activities from that part of North America. I chose that example as being something that didn't fit. Now that is why it didn't fit, because it was a recent artifact that was left there in the past 100 years.

I remember the discussion we had about that in the 60's in school. It didn't fit back then also and I just threw it out there. Thanks for the info. though I will not investigate further.

Our 21st century carbon footprint is quite large. There will be many artifacts to help identify our technical achievements over the past 200 years or so.

Past great civilizations lived more in harmony with nature. Their carbon foot print was relatively small. I do stand on my position that we are at the most destructive time in history that we have ever seen, regarding nature and the natural ballance of living in harmony with other species and plants on this planet. This is something Earth has never seen in the past, even with other great civilizations.

Atlantis, or rather the legends of Atlantis, a once great nation that sank into the sea, gives some light on the greatness we have achieved in the past. We actually .... or most of us.... have no real grasp on what was or wasn't done by the people of Atlantis.

I have been schooled to trust my impressions about what went on in the past, as well as what we can expect to see in the future. I will not be swayed by what is taught in schools about our origins.

So, yes we were once a much greater world nation than the warring, murderous factions of humanity we find in the 21st century. I see it as a gradual downhill, slippery slope to extinction rather than a climb to more and better technology.

We are killing the things that give us life.

How smart are we, really?

The ancients knew how to live in harmony with the earth. Who says our way is better?

I need not cite all the evidence of ancient civilizations around this globe to prove a point that we understand very little about how ancient civilizations existed and flourished. Yet there are few artifacts. Why? Because their footprint was in harmony with nature, much like the North Americans before the flood of humanity from Europe and our current technological advancements.

If I were to set out to destroy Earth and humanity, the path we are on would be a sound plan.

Now, the questions to answer are who and why?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by win 52

I won't argue that life was simpler in the distant past. Better or greater aren't terms I'd use. Citing a fictional bronze-age culture (Atlantis) is no benchmark of greatness in any context other than modern man's predisposition to attribute that quality to the past. Why not Egypt or Phoenicia?

I will not be swayed by what is taught in schools about our origins.

Therein lies the source of the revenue generated by the 'hidden archaeology' peddlers. Book sales, DVDs, conferences and ad-clicks on websites...all made possible by misdirected 'suspension of disbelief.'

Science says..."Well...umm...there's no historical record of any of the Levant, Mediterranean, Mesopotamian or Egyptiantian civilizations having the technological ability or Will for trans-oceanic journeys. Also there's no evidence of Ancient Egyptian, Phoenician etc etc artifacts, culture, genes or history in the Americas. Basically no evidence that such journeys ever occurred. Maybe they did? No evidence!" This stance is supported by a cross-disciplinary body of evidence that spans over 2000 years and is scrutinized every year by new students looking to establish a name.

Hidden archaeology says..."Science lies. Pyramids were built by wise men with the help from alien Gods in the sky. Their culture was great and spanned hundreds of thousands of years. They had cultural centers across the globe and traveled from one to another by ocean vessel and flying crafts. They had mastered the art of anti-gravity and were more spiritual than we are now." This stance is supported by prophets, Von Daniken and a Sanskrit text written at the turn of last century.

The suspension of disbelief looks at the scientist skeptically and laughs..'No way is that true!' Looking at the 'Hidden archaeology'...'Whoaa! I can't believe they'd hide our history from us! Damn those lying scientists and school teachers to H E double hockey sticks! Why I oughta....'

We are killing the things that give us life.

How smart are we, really?

The ancients knew how to live in harmony with the earth. Who says our way is better?

1, Yes we are.

2, Who knows? I wouldn't like to generalize.

3, Which ones lived in harmony? The remains of our 'ancients' show death from abscesses, intestinal worms (fossil faeces), diseases, starvation, infant mortality and usual suspects like torture, murder and death from impact wounds via internal bleeding. There are barrows in N America that feature the remains of two hundred young women that were put to death. Neanderthal remains with cannibal marks. S American cultures (Maya, Inca, Aztec etc) that sacrificed their own. N. Europe is littered with the remains of people that suffered the 'three in one' death. If the definition of harmony has been altered to 'clinging on against the odds whilst dying painfully from social, medical and nutritional issues'...we certainly had it nailed

This video is a durn anthropological geneticist (I think...?) that describes a period in human existence that spanned thousands of years. During that period our numbers remained so low that a serious event could have wiped us out....

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

If the definition of harmony has been altered to 'clinging on against the odds whilst dying painfully from social, medical and nutritional issues'...we certainly had it nailed

Sounds like modern day to me. So does this mean that we too are living in "harmony".

[edit on 7/24/2009 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I raised this subject long ago try using search function

posted on 17-6-2008
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
That all may be well and good, and I could accept who we were at face value. There are some questions which modern thinking and speculation that we and Earth are the only life in the universe, can't explain.

I wonder if the dark ages was designed by the ruling class of the world, to keep us in the dark. Destroy all records of past history so we can guess at what went on with little information to go on.

Hence, any seemingly valid hypothesis could be touted as being factual and gain followers.

We are sitting at a smorgasboard of these varied versions of reality. Which does one chose to eat? We rely on taste. Yet, a person can acquire a taste for something other people turn their noses up at (lutefisk).

Neither side of a debate about this topic can be sure they are on solid ground, because we just don't know the factual progression.

A) Was it a higher order, reduced to a struggle for survival, due to a chain of events which led us to be separated from our true intent?

or

B) Was it primordial ooze, aspiring to the civilization we have today, without off planet influences?

If B is the choice, there is no recource. Life teaches recource!

If A is the choice, then there would be a need to destroy records by the ruling class, in order to keep us in the dark.

I do not think what we have today is a natural progression from primordial ooze.

We were seeded here. It is just that simple.

What we have today with our technology has been brought to us from outside Earth's atmosphere. That is how things are today and how they were during ancient times.

Parasites are still a major source of distress for humanity, in 2009.

H1 N1 = kill the parasites to eliminate the disease

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join