It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Treasures in the Grand Canyon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks

What about all the submirged ruins off the Japanese coast.

They remind us that there was a large civilization we know nothing about, in that area. That is in the Pacific. This might be where the training to create those things came from. I still feel those artifacts were made close by where they were found.

I also believe the civilization who's bones we study in Giza, are not the original builders of the structures.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by win 52

The Yonaguni pyramid is a natural formation. IIRC the only people that still suspect it was an artificial structure are the Morien Institute and a few websites that haven't updated their sources. There was an excellent thread maybe 5 or 6 months ago that really went at it. Sources, geological reports etc. I used to have a pdf by Robert Schoch (of Sphinx is older fame), he took a dive and concluded it was a natural formation. The selective images on the Morien Institute are fairly leading.

If I can think of the title of that thread, I'll hook you up

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

I re-read this thread and I cannot find a reference that Kincaid was a egyptologist.

There's a link to a Smithsonian e-mail response that reveals no records of 'Kincaid' at all. The story is a hoax and it's protagonist apparently never existed.

Subject: Smithsonian Explorer - Reply Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 09:09:36 -0400 From: "Smithsonian Information" To: [email protected] Jack Andrews Your online inquiry of May 17 has been received in this office for response. Staff in our Office of Smithsonian Archives advise that neither G.E. Kincaid nor S. A. Jordan were ever employed by the Smithsonian. Further, they have no proof that these people ever existed. These two names appear in an article published in the Phoenix Gazette on April 5, 1909 that alleges that G.E. Kincaid and S.A. Jordan were Smithsonian employees responsible for locating Egyptian temples in the Grand Canyon. Please note, however, that this story is untrue. The only records of G. E. Kincaid and S.A. Jordan in the Smithsonian Archives are the 1909 Phoenix Gazette newspaper article, from which this myth appears to have originated, inquiries regarding the story, and the Smithsonian Institution responses to those letters. Your interest in the Smithsonian Institution is appreciated. 3/95/
Link

This story is like Jason in Friday 13. It's been run over, stabbed, electrocuted, drowned, beheaded and dissected in a hundred ways and still people won't accept that it's a shaggy dog story! It's literally about the 13th time it's been a thread on ATS.

reply to post by zazzafrazz
This thread would be a page long if you'd nipped in a bit earlier

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
We do have trouble finding ships that went down only a few hundred years ago. We can't identify and clearly explain what we find on dry land from a couple of thousand years ago.

How can any person clearly state what was covered over ... say 15,000 years ago .... to be what they claim it to be. There is not much information either way. Another opinion likely would cloud things rather than shed light on facts.

I do read though, and thanks.

I have written several official responses, which were slanted in my favour. If I can easily do it without recourse, why not others?

That must be why I take official positions as merely posture.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by win 52]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Numerous peoples seem to have made the passage to the Americas, in ancient times. Some think the Zuni were Japanese in origin. Some evidence indicates that at least one Chinese expedition mapped part of the American Southwest. There is also some evidence that the Cherokee may be descended from people from the Middle East (ancient Pakistan), related to the ancient Phoenicians. And, as mentioned above, tobacco was found in Egyptian mummies. So, why would cross-Atlantic travel be considered "impossible"?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
This is interesting because back in the early 70s I worked briefly with a woman named Thelma Dunlop, she was employed with the DA of Long Beach, CA. Her husband was an archeologist. She was enployed as a psychic being used to solve crimes on a full time basis and also help her husband using her psychic abilities to locate more objects or sites after a first discovery had been made.

They were researching and had found archeological evidence to support that in approx. 604 AD. that a ship sailed from the oreint and landed in the Calif/Mexico border area a little south of San Diego CA. They have found budhist burial sites and remnants in that area. How this ties in with the grand canyon is that on board that ship there were supposedly brought to the american continent documents. Drawings and carvings depicted this event. The marking on the carvings depicted a boat with a wide variety of asian men on a board with the marking OXC. Which they believed when translated, meant all knowledge under the sun the moon and the stars. They found further evidence of the this journey in myths of the local people of this area.

After furthur research they believed that this knowledge was place in a cave in the grand canyon.

Hint for the adventurous what happens when you lay a map of the stars and constelation on the earth. It is amazing how the constelation correlate to locations on the planet when properly aligned, where most of the importand land marks are like the pyramids in Egypt and Mexico. Think of Leo the lion and where a cat keeps its treasure, I think using this as a base point in the heavens and placing in between the paws of the sphinx might be used to fined the correct alignment. I have never had the opportunity to investigate this further.

A did some research and field work for then and located some very unusual stones that were just outsied of Drain, Oregon. They were large boulder with writings on them and the directions clearly marked. The writing I was told was ancient welsh stick writing. I took pictures and did some rubing with I sent to Thelma.

Funny thing was that I was shone the large boulder by a rancher when I lived in Drain. I had know Idea what it ment at the time. Some years later as if she looked deep inside me and the subject of these types of markers was brought up. She asked if I had seen anything like this. Well I had and I descibed it to her and then returned to take pictures and do the rubbings.

It was a strange experience and weird things would happen. We would be talking about something and a book would fall off the self, she had selves and selve of books, funny thing is that it would fall open to a page we had been talking about.

Sounds hard to believe but its the truth. Have fun. Enjoy.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
PS

To place the stars in the right location it would seem that one would have to regress there positions to certain time in history. Perhaps to 604 ad. unless the place was picked at a prior time or they were place at a site that was already known for some reason. It is amazing that so many of the historical land marks fall in certain longitudes and latitudes around the world.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by rken2]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
There's allot of guff in here in regards to this story.

I'll make zero claim to weather the Grand Canyon Story is true or not, it's possible... but an odd story.

Here's what i will say...

Some Egyptians absolutely came to the new world... as well as some of everyone else on Earth

They probably never went back or if they did went back on singular journeys... i.e. trade didn't happen, it wasn't an era of exploration or anything

But definitely Some made the journey from almost every civilization on Earth that had boats.

Some might not immediately "get" why that would be... But if your a Male mammal like me you will "get it" instantly

There is no way in Hell... no chance on Earth that me having the "exploration" bug that I would not just up and go...

Not a chance, if I was under any "system" run by other males... lol particularly a Pharaoh and I could just "take a woman" either from home or along the way and get in a boat... and there was no radio, no tv no computers... no way to track me

lol

I'd be sooooooo gone to make my own world...

There is no way I wouldn't go explore the world or lack the cajones to plow out across the ocean in a dingy of sorts... and I have that in me, naturally, i'd make it...

people look at the "kind of ships they had"

A: I absolutely could do it in a canoe...

B: There was a guy a decade back who made a boat out of empty soda bottles and sailed away on it never to return lol... what's a boat?

The Raft has been around a long, long time and there is no limit to the size of a raft you could build...

You see... it's just natural to some guys... to go roam in search of a mate and freedom and to make your own tribe...

I'm one of those guys... I would throw my kids on a raft and leave America tomorrow if there was any place to go anymore...

Definitively some people made it across from every culture there ever was... What happened in the Grand Canyon, no idea... but I find nothing strange in the concept that some Egyptians at some point saw it...

Pharaoh want's me to do what?

See Ya....

God... what i'd give for there to still be unexplored places and the ability to just leave... i'd surely take my chances... rather than lol...work...

seriously

Choice 1: Get married deal with in laws and Build Pyramids for some dude in a head dress all day

Choice 2: get on a big raft and see where it takes you

I know i'm not the only guy in here for who choice no 1 is not an option lol given a genuine choice...

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
the findings were claimed by the Smithsonian Institute, and we all know the Smithsonian is responsible for destroying and concealing findings that would change history asd we know it.

The story wich came on the newspaper is too detailed to be considered a hoax, it even has drawings of what the discoverers saw, not only egyptian hieroglyphs, statues, tombs but also statues of Buda, like a mix of cultures in one place. I read about this on rense.com and i dont think its a hoax. Maybe we finally found vestiges of what Atlantis could have been, those findings could explain all the present cultures on earth, and they are now resting in a hidden warehouse in the Smithsonian or possibly destroyed. Sad.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I love this article on the subject. It was on an earlier post. I think I read somewhere that the name is spelled wrong and that's why the Smithsonian can't find any info. on him. It's Jordon instead of Jordan or something like that.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Picollo30
the findings were claimed by the Smithsonian Institute, and we all know the Smithsonian is responsible for destroying and concealing findings that would change history asd we know it.

The story wich came on the newspaper is too detailed to be considered a hoax, it even has drawings of what the discoverers saw, not only egyptian hieroglyphs, statues, tombs but also statues of Buda, like a mix of cultures in one place. I read about this on rense.com and i dont think its a hoax. Maybe we finally found vestiges of what Atlantis could have been, those findings could explain all the present cultures on earth, and they are now resting in a hidden warehouse in the Smithsonian or possibly destroyed. Sad.

Dude, change your battery in the BS Filter! Let's look at a couple of points here and summarize the thread a little? A guy with no evidence that he ever lived, discovers a cave that's never been found. Inside the cave is an Egyptian tomb that couldn't be there because the Egyptians haven't sailed across an ocean with several tons of their most sacred artifacts and climbed up a canyon wall to put 'em there.

Africa's a pretty big place, got caves, canyons, cliffs too. Seems the Egyptians just got into the habit of burying their dead on home turf. Come to think of it...is there any nation that chooses to bury it's leaders on the other side of the world? It's a hoax...Raiders of the Lost Ark is a brilliant movie, but it's not a doco. Warehouses of crystal skulls, ooparts and skeltal annunaki and nephilim? Nah

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Originally posted by Picollo30

Dude, change your battery in the BS Filter! Let's look at a couple of points here and summarize the thread a little? A guy with no evidence that he ever lived, discovers a cave that's never been found. Inside the cave is an Egyptian tomb that couldn't be there because the Egyptians haven't sailed across an ocean with several tons of their most sacred artifacts and climbed up a canyon wall to put 'em there.

Africa's a pretty big place, got caves, canyons, cliffs too. Seems the Egyptians just got into the habit of burying their dead on home turf. Come to think of it...is there any nation that chooses to bury it's leaders on the other side of the world? It's a hoax...Raiders of the Lost Ark is a brilliant movie, but it's not a doco. Warehouses of crystal skulls, ooparts and skeltal annunaki and nephilim? Nah

what about the phoenicians? they were known as the best sailors in ancient times and they could have led an expeditionary egyptian mission in exchange of goods, gold, whatever. some phoenician inscriptions have been found on Brasil Pao de Acucar (Pedra da Gavea), and jars on the bay of Jars also in Brasil

phoenicia.org...

Plus we always have the Thor Heyerdal and the Kon-Tiki raft voyages to back it up.The absence of proof doesnt mean it couldn't happen

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Picollo30]

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Picollo30]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

Hiya Picollo30,
The link's evidence is on very shaky ground. There isn't any supporting evidence that Phoenicians ever sailed to the Americas. Ships were hugely valuable. If they were owned by merchants, they were kept busy trading and making money for the crew's wages and the owner. If they were naval vessels, they were used to protect the trade routes and maintain possession of territories.

In the link, they make very bold statements of fact. They describe where the Phoenicians anchored and how far they liked to sail up a river. Unfortunately, they are unable to provide an image of the 'ship yards' or 'tools.'

The story was a hoax. Egyptians didn't sail to America. Yes, you are right, nothing proves it 'couldn't happen.' As far as we know, looking at as much evidence as we can understand, it remains very unlikely that people crossed to the Americas for at least another 1000 years...Norsemen and possibly Chinese.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
IHowever, the Rosetta-like stone found in the SE United States had to have been a hoax as I can't find anything about it and as Cherokee didn't have a written form prior to the 18th century...well, you do the math! The only Native American languages that have a written form are Olmec, Isthmian and Mayan. There are only four instances of Isthmian known, that it wouldn't have been included either. I'm going to say that what I remembered then was discounted as an obvious hoax, and properly so. So forget I even mentioned it.

Here's the article on the stone tablets that were found in sw New Mexico with a picture-

www.mystrangenewmexico.com...

Originally posted by punkinworks

Then theres the story of two airforce men who while spelunking in a restricted part of a base in the sixties, im thinkin it was white sands,
supposedly found a stash of gold and silver coins and and bars, precious stones and even suits of armor. They were both young officers at the time and didnt want to risk thier careers so they didnt tell anyone for decades.
When they went back years later it was all gone.
In an interview, one of the men said it was like "pirate treasure" when talking about the gold and silver coins in wooden chests, and the stacks of gold and silver bars. What I found intrigiung is they saw suits of 16th-17th armor in the cave.
they only took a few coins from the stash, coins that were later found to be authentic spanish coins frpom the 17th century.

There has been a treasure in the southwest, but its certainly not egyptian.

This is the story of Victoria'a Peak which is now within the boundries of White Sands Missle Range-

ancientlosttreasures.yuku.com...

Lots of strange oddities down here. I love this state!

[edit on 17-8-2009 by geo1066]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

That G. E. Kincaid Hieroglyphic document clearly states a claim of ‘continental discovery and claimed ownership’ of the North American continent by the Empire of Atlantis.

[edit on 8/17/2009 by Larryman]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by win 52
We do have trouble finding ships that went down only a few hundred years ago. We can't identify and clearly explain what we find on dry land from a couple of thousand years ago.

How can any person clearly state what was covered over ... say 15,000 years ago .... to be what they claim it to be. There is not much information either way. Another opinion likely would cloud things rather than shed light on facts.

Okay, I'll bite.

What'cha got that was buried, say, 15,000 years ago?

I know you're not referring to Yonaguni, as the only scientist that has ever studied it, Professor Kimura, has now stated that it sank around 2,000 years ago.

This is the same Kimura, the only scientist to ever claim so, that originally had the formation sinking around 10,000 years ago, and the only scientist to ever make the claim that the site might have been carved by people. The only one.

Harte

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by geo1066
Here's the article on the stone tablets that were found in sw New Mexico with a picture-

That's the Los Lunas stone, thought to be Hebrew script written by somebody not well versed in ancient Hebrew. IOW, a hoax.

The second is that the writer did not know the technique for writing an inscription which ws to be displayed prominently. Ancient scribes would first write their message in chalk or something similar before they scratched the message. The writer of Los Lunas knew neither this technique nor his Hebrew very well because he forgot where he was in one of the most popular passages in the Hebrew Bible. Sometimes he shortened the text, but in one case he flat lost his place and had to include a caret.
Carets and the like are not unknown in antiquity. But the upside down V mark does not appear in any Hebrew text before Medieval times. It may appear in Codex Sinaiticus (I have not had the chance to check yet), but it does not occur in Hebrew texts.
The caret mark in the Los Lunas inscription has a peculiarity about it. There is a dot underneath it, a period at the end of a sentence. This dot and others like it are the most crucial pieces of evidence that Los Lunas was written by someone who did not know ancient writing techniques. Prior to the turn of the turn of the era, Hebrew used dots not as markers for the end of a sentence but as word-dividers.
The writer of Los Lunas did his best. But I doubt that he would have figured that a century later there would be so easy access to so much information that would show his writing for what it is.
Virgil Brown
Return to Doug's archaeology site

Source - a linkat Doug's Archaeology Site..

Harte

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Sometimes he shortened the text, but in one case he flat lost his place and had to include a caret. Carets and the like are not unknown in antiquity. But the upside down V mark does not appear in any Hebrew text before Medieval times.

Now THAT is funny

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Did the ancient Egyptians ever run into the ancient Israelites that the Mormon faith claims were in America a few thousand years ago?

Still looking for compelling evidence of that. But I'm confident someone will come up with something.

Mike

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Did the ancient Egyptians ever run into the ancient Israelites that the Mormon faith claims were in America a few thousand years ago? Still looking for compelling evidence of that. But I'm confident someone will come up with something.

I heard this manual cement mixer was found in a cave half way up a canyon wall. The Smithsonian experts took it away and probably destroyed all records of it. And lo, for it is said, yea and so forth, Mormon was right...behold!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f2efd21fed77.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join