It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blatant racism on CNN: "Any Latina could make a better decision than a white man"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Ah this is a classic example of the left wing right wing paradigm. To go from being racist, to being so not racist that they go all the way round and end up being racsirt again. And this is all done on purpose. A clever little mind trick to bring about an awareness of racial divide to the population without appearing to be racist. It's very clever but we need to see through this and realise that we are being divided in order to be ruled.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nessosin
"could make a better decision" only means it's possible for a latina to make a good decision. It doesn't mean that she's making a better decision BEACAUSE she's latina. Just that, it doesn't matter if she's a latina, it's still possible for her to make a better decision than a white man. I don't see this statement as racist at all, personally.

Now if she had said "any latina would make a better decision than a white man" that would be different. I would say that would be racisit.

did she say a wise latina women couldn't make as good of a decision also? No she did not.....

Stop trying to find something right with something so wrong...

What if a judge were to say a white man can make a better decision then a latina women or any person?

That judge would no longer have their job..............You people are so........frustrating to listen to............It's going to come back and bite you in the ass and then everyone will say " uhhh how did that happen" when more things like this happen.....

All it takes is some acceptance and soon enough it will be accepted by more and more that such comments are OK........They are not and you are wrong....

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
latina....................smart....................

if a latina was smart they`d be dangerous

ohh hang on a sec..................ide also have to include the dim witted entire human race too
& thats a fact

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
ok i didnt see any racism there she calling sotomayer a racist, she said in sotomayers mind she thinks any Latina could make a better decision than a white man , it was not her opinion, however she may feel that way as well but she did not say either way

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Soto has a big chip on her shoulder and I think will use her SCOTUS position to right perceived wrongs. She was nominated not as the best, but as the best female Hispanic. Such is life in the PC world of national politics.
A good test would be a case that would make English the official language. Learn it, like the generations of immigrants before, or go home. We would soon see if she put the good of the country before personal ideology.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
i totally agree with the people on here who think her comment was racist. God forbid if it was the other way around and a white person saying they felt that a wise white person could make a better decision than a Latina woman...everyone would be all over it. It just seems when there's any racism directed towards white people everyone just seems to say oh no its ok it wasn't racist, but if a white person says something about another race its ok for everyone to go nuts...i don't get it.

Ex

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Statistically :

110 Supreme Court Justices
--------------------------
2 Have been African Americans:
Clarence Thomas
The Late Thurgood Marshall

2 Women:
Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Sandra Day O’Connor

106 White Males..........

I admire a president’s desire to increase diversity !

Power to ALL the People!

[edit on 7/17/2009 by Ex]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

Young man, let's talk, you and I.

You are posturing and pandering. You speak with passion, and that's admirable, but I know conditioned silliness when I hear it.

Oakland is it? Ah,only in California. But of course.

But now let me tell you something about us 'older' blacks that you disparage. Down here. Where it all began.

I was born in Birmingham, Alabama when it was literally 'Bombingham'. That is, when bombs were blowing up churches and children. When our devil was Bull Connor and we still called our hair 'knappy'.

My parents, having seen such violence, beat a path quickly to Montgomery and like minded individuals. See, they were your typical young black(we were actually negros back then, btw) well educated progressives.

I saw them march,(in fact they dragged me along), with all the big name leaders of the time, King, Abe Woods, Jackson. With a little group called the SCLC they marched as the movement back then relied heavily on our churches. Selma, Jackson Ms. Atlanta, Memphis, back to Birmingham. You name a southern city and my parents and I(as a child) very likely marched those streets.

We settled in time in Fairpark, West side of Birmingham. Not a nice neighborhood then, and twice as bad now.

But see, they marched FOR something. In fact, they marched so you,'half black' I think you described yourself as, could be on here today and deny anti-white racism even exists.

They STOOD for something. And more importantly, they stood against something else:

They stood against racism in ALL it's forms. They stood square and straight AGAINST such biased rhetoric that the OP vid demonstrates.

I find it amusing (and obvious pandering) the way you describe the young blacks as open and loving and we 'older' blacks as close minded.

For 30 years I've ran the broken down hoods and ghettos of the South working with dysfunctional and troubled youth of my race. I can assure you, the inner city youth that I deal with and the ones you speak of are an entirely different demographic. The ones I deal with are very very aware that they now have CULTURAL supremacy in this nation. And they don't intend to let whitey forget it.

And if you think they aren't capable of pure anti-white sentiment, you really need to hang in west Birmingham some friday night. Then you would be praying for one of us 'older' blacks to show up and save you---as it would be, I assure you, your white half that was most noticable then.

The point being that racism is a nasty and ugly thing and justifying it in any form is simply counterproductive. It DOES go both ways, and in this day and age it is in fact the white male that is marginalized and trivialized by it.

It was wrong when my parents marched against it in the 60's and its equally wrong now.

Live free and be happy. But don't knock the very ones that made it possible for you to have your beautiful black wife today.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
can't deny the racism however, white men have been in charge of our country for years

I think she could have worded that much better simply because as a hispanic (I hate being called latino), there are some dumbass hispanic women as much as there are dumbass white or white washed politicians, possibly more.

I think she's just lashing out against the republicans and conservatives who have been blatantly or indirectly racist over the many years (such as Rush Limbaugh, Michelle Bachman, Dick Cheney, Bill O Reilly etc), however that doesn't make it right.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by piddles]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
reply to post by Nessosin

Just so we're clear, this is about what the CNN reporter said. Not so much Sotomayor, although I think what Soto said was racist.

The reporter definitely says, "a Latina woman can make better decisions than any white man".

How in the world could you spin this to mean anything else is beyond me. If a white guy had said this about black people, we wouldn't be here parsing the statement.

Or if someone had said, "A white can make a better decision than any Latino"

CNN is going to play this crap, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clark Savage Jr.

Young man, let's talk, you and I.

Man I think you COMPLETELY misinterprated my posts...

How was I justifying racism at all? I made that comment because my mom, grandparents and wives parents and grandparents are kind of "racist", and I see where they are coming from, because in their time there was REAL segragation...etc. They aren't racist in the sense of just hating white people for no reason. So in that way its not really racism...

Out of all the comments in here I don't get why you are responding to me... .

I don't get why you are mad at me...
Out of all the posts in here you deem mine as racist? What the hell?

And I grew up in the south (well, back and forth between CA and Alabama) , I choose to raisee my family in California though because its very diverse here, and I want my kids exposed to that.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

It was wrong when my parents marched against it in the 60's and its equally wrong now.

Live free and be happy. But don't knock the very ones that made it possible for you to have your beautiful black wife today.

this was a beautiful post, my sentiments exactly

Ex

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Clark Savage Jr.

I salute you Sir, you have the ability to see the big picture.
Segregation because of race is unacceptable!
Power to All the people!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This is amazing.

First of: Being white does not mean you are part of any race. You hear blacks saying they're part of the black race, right? Well, think about it this way:

When whites say they are proud of their race, what they don't realize that White isn't a race. It's a color. But wait, what about African Americans having their pride? You're right, they're proud of their race: African.

If you're Irish American, you're going to be proud of your race, which is Irish descent. Not white. White is not race. Many racists fail to see this overlooked point. You can't be racist towards WHITE people, it doesn't make sense and it's not..entirely possible. So please, stop calling this woman RACIST. She's not.

Difficult to comprehend? It's alright, it happens.

As for those who are saying "Oh well, us white people better head to the plantations." Will you please Shut the F up already?

What makes white people so glorious? Bush is white, Palin is white, Hitler was white, Jeffrey Dahmer was white, Ted Bundy was white, John Wayne Gacy was white, KKK members are white, Nazis were white, etc. What do we have to be proud of? Oh yes, don't forget. Europeans came in, raped and slaughtered how many Native Americans?

Where the hell do you get white pride from? Who knows.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Friend, there is no anger towards you. I don't doubt your sincerity in fact. I just doubt your real world experience. And no, I dont judge or care if you are half-white or half anything.

Your labeling yourself as a 'race mixer' was inflammatory and unneeded.It was classic race baiting that Ive really seen no one else in this topic do to that extent. You profess a racial openness and yet you end up spewing the exact same anti-white rhetoric, (and by extension racism), that was in question.

And then you project the bias you perceive from some onto an entire generation.

No one else on here did that to anywhere near that extent.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

My first thought was: "Whoa did she just say that?"

My second thought was: What kind of agenda does the MSM have now? I'm sure that any reasonably educated person would see that a statement like that is utterly racist and had the words been reversed to say that "Any white man can make a better decision than a latina" we would be having riots right about now. I am not a white male, and I do not have to be to see that this statement that aired on CNN is absolute bigotry. I can't seem to understand why now are they flipping the script? Are they trying to raise racial tensions in the country? Do they want white men to continue getting mad about issues like Sotomayor and the fire fighters?

I don't like where any of this is going....

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Friend, there is no anger towards you. I don't doubt your sincerity in fact. I just doubt your real world experience. And no, I dont judge or care if you are half-white or half anything.

Your labeling yourself as a 'race mixer' was inflammatory and unneeded.It was classic race baiting that Ive really seen no one else in this topic do to that extent. You profess a racial openness and yet you end up spewing the exact same anti-white rhetoric, (and by extension racism), that was in question.

And then you project the bias you perceive from some onto an entire generation.

No one else on here did that to anywhere near that extent.

ok I understand where you are coming from now..

I don't see any thing wrong with that race mixing comment, although I admit I just said it to piss off that nazi guy.

I AM however PROUD of my kids and I see nothing wrong with that! I think mixed race people are beautiful, as are "pure" race people, or whatever the term is..

[edit on 17-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Rule one: never pay much heed to nazi's, friend.

And you should be proud of your children. We all should.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

You know, I'm pretty sick of this notion that we should put people into positions of power just because their race has never been in that position before.

The fact that the media has even brought up her race so much, proves that it has been to much of a factor where it should not be.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
This is amazing.

First of: Being white does not mean you are part of any race. You hear blacks saying they're part of the black race, right? Well, think about it this way:

When whites say they are proud of their race, what they don't realize that White isn't a race. It's a color. But wait, what about African Americans having their pride? You're right, they're proud of their race: African.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

Being "black" doesn't mean anything. Being "African American" doesn't mean anything either. Most blacks have European and Native American blood in them along with the African tribal descent. Most "white" people in American have the same blood flowing through them, some are proud of it, and others deny it. If you ask a black or white person, you will see that they have no real connection to their ancestral culture and they identify more with the "American" culture since most of us have been here for some 200-400 years.

I am not getting on you at all, it's just that I have noticed a big misconception with the idea that black people (and white people) are actively connected to their "heritage" so to speak.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join