It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blatant racism on CNN: "Any Latina could make a better decision than a white man"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Listen M8, deep inside you know the statement is bull#, Right! The media have to go after/offend someone. Well take a huge guess who they go after...and you know why they do...because nothing happens! And you know why nothing happens...because deep inside we know its all bull#!

Its going to happen again...

I have a sore head i need some Penicillin...better stop watching the Tv...i think i should Phone my father...oh i think he's playing Golf...I should join the US navy..then i will get to play with Radar.....

Tsom87

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by Wimbly

And what the reporter said was speculation about what she thought Sotomayor may have been thinking. I just don't get it. Everybody is always so quick to find everything offensive. These little snippets off cable news with some jibbering twits saying the first thing that pops into their heads and suddenly it's racism and genocidal. A large cabal of liberals. Riiiiight. You put 20 "liberals" in a room and they won't be able to decide what font to use for the agenda. "Ooooh Helvetica. Too Swiss."

I used to think there was a concerted effort to keep things like this at the forefront as a distraction from the much bigger issues. Keep the minions occupied fighting with each other over the trivial using misdirection while THEY fleece us.

I've come to realize, there doesn't need to be a conscious effort by THEM. We do it to ourselves.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 7/17/2009 by yeahright]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
There is a large cabal of liberals who not only turn a blind eye to anti-white racism, but who openly embrace it as a means of achieving true "equality".

Allowing or condoning racism of any kind is not only morally corrupt, it is opening the door to the kind of behavior that leads ultimately to genocide.

To me, it seems like revenge against white people for something that not only happened hundreds of years ago, but wasn't entirely the fault of white people.

The cure to racism is forgiveness.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Donnie Darko]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Wow,whoever that was on the right is a disgusting little piece of *expletive*,if that was some white man or black guy saying such a thing they would be thrown in jail before their feet touched the ground...im still in shock she said that with a straight face and nobody is kicking up a fuss about it!

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
NEver in my lifetime, would i see CNN allow racism aired and promoted. shame on you CNN

You know, the latinos i work with, are illgals, love to run circles around me at work, steel left n right almost, bond with eachother, and treat me like 3rd class. If i was latino, it owuld be a different story. I see obama has selectted a racist human for head of justice..i do belive that is her position.
I agree with a comment someone else here made..we cuacasians are going to be the new piss on slaves. I would not be suprised, if businesses turn us away discrimitaly, much like they do with people of age.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I just remembered something too... yesterday, iw a reading here, about the hate bill. Derogulatory, racist words are supposed to be...illegal..untollerated, according to the bill. SO! For for sotomayour to say what she did, and the bill through the senate....i cant help but wonder, whats in store for us: (

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
OK, I just watched the video twice to make sure I was hearing it right. To me, it did not look like the reporter was expressing her own sentiments but was instead making a sarcastic dig at Sotomayor.

In other words, the reporter was saying Sotomayor was basically backtracking and hiding her true feelings concerning what she was really thinking because she was in the public spotlight. The reporter's self reference as a 'wise latina' honestly sounds sarcastic to me like she used the term to describe herself in an effort to poke fun at Sotomayor's original statements.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
reply to post by TSOM87

I only seem to see this sentiment when Fox is not involved. If the clip is something from Fox, this thread would be 10 pages long by now.

But 8 pages would be links to 'Outfoxed' on BoobToob.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I'll watch the video later...but for refference! IDe watch what the governemnt is doing! Rememeber, usually for the fed to get an advantage on us, they come up with distractions to keep us lookig in another direction or fighting with eachother! Just a freindly reminder

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I've seen a few people suggest it might be sarcasm, but I'm not detecting that at all. The problem is, CNN has been pushing the very idea she laid out all week. If you watch the Rick Sanchez interview I posted on page 1, you'll see Latina woman making the exact same case. It seems to be a consistent narrative of "there is nothing wrong with thinking a wise Latina could come to better conclusions tan any white man".

Is there some other forum or website countering this clip with the claim that its sarcastic? I am really just not picking up on it from the video.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It is racism, nonettheless. Using anothers culture or skin color to seperate to say one is better, in any form, by modern day standards, is racism. What else does it mean! Supose she had said blackman...same thing. I wonder what corporate companys would sponsor her? IDE def nto buy anymore form them!
were suposed to be in a global community..a judical leader using race as a superiority, makes you wonder, what the courts will do now, too non latinos. This global community is a farse..really, we should have stayed wtih buy american only, russia is russia, centrl america is central america...end of story. At leat a world with borders held up! knocking them down, let the scandelous ones through.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Relax, white men. You still own the country and run it.

Just look at the hullabaloo over one questionable statement from a minority person. The whole majority caucasian race is up in arms and making their disapproval known.

IMO I could make better decisions than a lot of people but I don't want to offend anybody by saying so. I realize how threatening it is to some who are terribly, terribly insecure.

BTW I'm caucasian ( or white, whichever you prefer).

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias

BTW I'm caucasian ( or white, whichever you prefer).

Why do you think that is? Could it be the never ending, relentless drum beat against the white boogy man?

I'll tell you right now that we wont always be the majority. In fact, that will probably cange in our life time. Do you want to be a second class citizen, because thats the way things are shaping up.

We need to step up and realize that there are people gunning to "even the playing field" which means discriminating against you. If you think thats just going to stop once you're the minority, than I have a bridge to sell you.

I want equal rights for all human beings, no matter what color. A theory that has apparently gone out of style.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
edit: comments deleted. I don't want to get into a race war.

peace.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
You are a bunch of idiot racists. How is the "white man the new slave"? That is just one example of a stupid comment I've read in here. So many of you make no sense.

You guys are filthy racists.

And btw I think what is in the OP is rediculous just like you guys think it is. But I also never see you guys complain about Bill Oreilly when he says racist stuff, and that tells me something about all of you... YOU ARE HYPOCRITES!!!!

And your an idiot,how long shall this tit for tat go on for exactly? the woman on the right was not being sarcastic nor facetious.It was clear as day even to me a *liberal*....the whole thing was a trainwreck and she meant every word of it.Nothing to do with putting herself in anothers shoes etc it was a blatant racist remark to me...and i have watched it multiple times just to make sure i wasn't mistaken or subliminally adding my own view of events to the situation.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Any type of racism is wrong.

I doubt anyone here disagrees, so I'm not sure how we're hypocrites. I haven't seen anything overtly racist like claiming hes better than someone else due to skin color. I also don't see anyone claiming white people are the new slaves. We're simply saying its a creeping acceptably of the discrimination of white people. As we become minorities in this country, it is a concern.

All I'm saying is that this sort of blatant display of racial superiority is out of bounds and shouldn't be acceptable. I don't care what color person it comes from.

(And i'm white btw, if it matters)

So, what? Why do so many of you feel the need to deny there is discrimination against whites, trash white people as racists, than turn around and qualify your statement by saying you're white? White guilt is a real condition. It causes white people to hate themselves in a way that becomes racial in itself.

There is nothing wrong with acknowledging discrimination against white people exists. It doesn't make you a racist or mean you accept the discrimination of any oter people.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I don't care what any of these people have to say since none of their drivel will help me pay my bills. And what's with all those MJ photos in the CNN background? CNN should just beat it already. Oh, I forgot, they do beat it everyday.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Nevermind who cares. I don't wanna fight.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly

Any type of racism is wrong.

I doubt anyone here disagrees, so I'm not sure how we're hypocrites. I haven't seen anything overtly racist like claiming hes better than someone else due to skin color. I also don't see anyone claiming white people are the new slaves. We're simply saying its a creeping acceptably of the discrimination of white people. As we become minorities in this country, it is a concern.

All I'm saying is that this sort of blatant display of racial superiority is out of bounds and shouldn't be acceptable. I don't care what color person it comes from.

(And i'm white btw, if it matters)

So, what? Why do so many of you feel the need to deny there is discrimination against whites, trash white people as racists, than turn around and qualify your statement by saying you're white? White guilt is a real condition. It causes white people to hate themselves in a way that becomes racial in itself.

There is nothing wrong with acknowledging discrimination against white people exists. It doesn't make you a racist or mean you accept the discrimination of any oter people.

I'm not going to get into this because frankly I don't care, and this type of stuff is depressing.

I do however agree that that woman shouldnt have said that and that any kind of racism has no place in the news.

NO ONE is superior to anybody.

I don't have white guilt I am half black myself (I look "full" white though, so I just call myself white to avoid confusion) and I am married to a beautiful black woman. I just relate to blacks more than whites. White people have treated me like crap my whole life, black people accepted me. I don't hang around white people, but it has nothing to do with white guilt. I also don't hate whites though, I LOVE everyone!

And sorry if my other posts came off as rude or anything, I didn't mean them too. Race is just something that bothers me, thats why I hardly read these threads.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Hm, you may be right. I looked into it a bit more and she even owns a Latina magazine and has a new book out entitled 'Latino Wisdom.'

I assumed due to her body language and verbal emphasis she was being sarcastic but I suppose she could actually believe what she is saying and is pissed at Sotomayor for not sticking to her guns.

www.catalinamagazine.com...

That's what I found so far but I'll keep an eye out for it if this issue becomes any bigger or if Areu makes any type of clarification for her statements. That is pretty bold if she meant it sincerely. It really looks to me like she was being sarcastic but who knows?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join