It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blatant racism on CNN: "Any Latina could make a better decision than a white man"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by fapython
A lion and a Flea are both animals, but they are in no way the same. If humans were the same Europeans would not have been able to conquer 97% of the planet. The British would not have been responsible for 60% of the inventions.
Nature is not equal and neither are humans. The sooner you realise that the sooner you will be able to set yourself free.

Can we see some links to real figures to back that myth up?
Other wise that's just racial boasting and opinion.

I mean I'm a stickler for facts.
Thanks in advance.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

It's not opinion it is FACTS. Can you please provide some facts for your ridiculous notion of everyone being equal.
plus You would have to be a very high achiever to have achieved more then me in life and im not old at all.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

It's not opinion it is FACTS. Can you please provide some facts for your ridiculous notion of everyone being equal.
plus You would have to be a very high achiever to have achieved more then me in life and im not old at all.

Show me these facts, I seem to have lost them...

I'm done with you. Welcome to ignore you FILTHY bigot.

I'm only 26 and have served in Iraq and was honorably discharged, my sister was killed there, I have been on my own since 15, got married at 19 and have supported my wife and daughter since then. I have been over COUNTLESS obstacles in my life...

What do you do other than sitting on the net talking trash?

You are NOT above me.

You will rot in hell...

Dont respond to me, you are on ignore you cold heartless filthy animal.

You must be a sad, miserable little man. I know I would be if I had your outlook on life.

I am VERY loving and kind person but I WILL NOT tolerate you idiots. And I hardly ever encounter you bigots offline. Because you are scared to say this stuff in person, its so obvious.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

A lion and a Flea are both animals, but they are in no way the same. If humans were the same Europeans would not have been able to conquer 97% of the planet. The British would not have been responsible for 60% of the inventions.
Nature is not equal and neither are humans. The sooner you realise that the sooner you will be able to set yourself free.

[edit on 18/7/09 by fapython]

A lion and a flea are vastly different species. All humans, regardless of skin color, are the same species. The differences in their outward appearance are merely the result of adapting to their local climates.

Skin color is due primarily to the presence of a pigment called melanin. Both light and dark complexioned people have this pigment. However, two forms are produced--pheomelanin, which is red to yellow in color, and eumelanin, which is dark brown to black.

Nature has selected for people with darker skin in tropical latitudes, especially in nonforested regions, where ultraviolet radiation from the sun is usually the most intense. Melanin acts as a protective biological shield against ultraviolet radiation. By doing this, it helps to prevent sunburn damage that could result in DNA changes and, subsequently, melanoma--a cancer of the skin. This is the same reason that we get tans in response to sun exposure.

Now, in an environment that lacks this heavy UV exposure, skin had to become much lighter because a certain amount of shortwave ultraviolet radiation (UVB) must penetrate the outer skin layer in order for the body to produce vitamin D. Vitamin D plays an important role in promoting the production of cathelicidin, which apparently is an effective defender against fungal, bacterial, and viral infections, including the common flu. Deficiencies in Vitamin D are also associated with osteoporosis and rickets.

As for Europeans conquering the world, they were able to do so primarily as a result of their firearms and their resistance to the diseases brought to the new world. If you are going to argue that they are racially superior based on technology, you should know that gunpowder and firearms came from China and the Middle East.

Also, African-Americans carry a gene that may increase their chances for skin cancer if dominant but the majority who carry it in its recessive form carry an immunity to infection by Malaria. If I were living in a region plagued by Malaria or heavy exposure to UV light, I would much prefer to be Black. The fact is that my uncle was a member of the British military, and he developed skin cancer and died after being stationed in Africa for several years.

Your Myth has just been BUSTED!

[edit on 18-7-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

How cliche, can't support his claim so he tries to character assassinate me. How ironic too, ignoring me because im a "filthy bigot" and also a "Filthy Animal". Doesn't that make him a bigot ?.

and to the gentlemen who asked me for my evidence, i can recall reading it and shall find out where and let you know immediatly.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Even if she was trying to say in context, that a Latina woman could make as good or better a decision as anyone else, she is making a racist comment against Latinos, ironically enough. Saying "Latino woman are not as dumb as you think!" doh?

The world won't be right until people utterly ignore race, and take folks at their value. People like this just keep the stereotypes, the hate, the walls up. ugh.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The main issue at heart in situations like these is how those who advocate "equality" turn a blind eye when there is reverse-racism. Regardless of if you want to admit it or not, the statement made WAS degrading to white people. Just swap the words around and tell me how you feel about it?

"Any White Man could make a better decision than a Latino woman"

This is not some extraneous example of accepted anti-Caucasian rhetoric. It is becoming more and more prevalent as the needs and desires of minority groups take precedence over the welfare of Caucasians.

I know those who have had to deal with these "reverse-discrimination" situations in the past would say something like "just be resilient and take it on the chin" but it is approaching a point where blatant anti-White sentiment will be acceptable and encouraged.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer

Thats nice. Thats your opionon and I don't care about it.

Am I not equal with you because I am half black?

Thats rediculous and most people don't think like you.

How DARE you say me, my children and wife arent equal because we are different. You are SCUM.

Tell me what have you accomplished in life thats so great? Have you served your country in war? Do you work hard to support a family? Have you overcome countless obstacles to get to the point in life you are now? Because I have done all of those.

I know I know, it's a long quote.

But here lay something that, really should be thought about, BY EVERYONE.

Tell me what have you accomplished in life thats so great?

If one race was far superior then the other, by merit of skin colour alone, or demographics. Then the whole entirety of the race would be genius'.

This is obviously not so.

Their are latino/a's that are very smart and well learned, and there are a load of others that are very, extremely ignorant.

Their are blacks that are very smart and well learned, and there are a load of others that are very, extremely ignorant.

Their are whites that are very smart and well learned, and there are a load of others that are very, extremely ignorant.

We are people, the only thing that distinguishes are own genius', are our self inspiration, and our upbringing, but not solely the upbringing but how the interpreter of the uprbringing reads the upbringing, and uses it toward a certain aspect of life, to enhance genius.

I've come from 'quite' a anti-black family, although not near as bad as kkk, just quite time around a coors, and light jokes.

It made me uncomfortable, because my family is one of scholars and CEO's, and with that, never really looked into something so ignorant.

Even if a ton of people believe something, IT DOES NOT MAKE IT TRUE.

I know we have biases, we all do, we must learn to control it though, and in the end change it.

When I see a black person, I will admit honestly and with truth. I think of Lil Wayne immediately, and think of a robbery, murder or rape.

This is my thinking error, and I accept it, I recognize that it is there, but down to the point I accept this way of thinking is an error.

So when I come across this thought, I immediately and unpleasantly, go and talk to the person, and more then less, and I have made some great black friends, who were very intellectual people, and I look at my thinking error, and say aha, you expected to see a illiterate man, and thug villian, but I have stopped it, and instead of assumed, I made a point to prove my thinking error wrong, and it worked.

I have not fully come over my racism, although I don't make jokes or discriminate, I have accepted people as people. Especially after learning the fun story and true story of the barnum effect, well done by Derren Brown also, really opened my eyes.

I've rambled on too long. Too too long.

What really upsets me though, is the reverse roles of things, where blacks are now being seen as the greatest race of all, and in competition almost with other races, and hip hop music is proud to proclaim it.

I just hope others arent' as ignorant as I once was, and won't fall into the trap of segregation.

All I can do, is change the only person I can for the ultimate better, and that's me, I cannot change anyone else around me, but the only one willin to be changed by me.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Come meet the Family

Google Video Link

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer

Thats nice. Thats your opionon and I don't care about it.

Am I not equal with you because I am half black?

Thats rediculous and most people don't think like you.

How DARE you say me, my children and wife arent equal because we are different. You are SCUM.

Tell me what have you accomplished in life thats so great? Have you served your country in war? Do you work hard to support a family? Have you overcome countless obstacles to get to the point in life you are now? Because I have done all of those.

I know I know, it's a long quote.

But here lay something that, really should be thought about, BY EVERYONE.

Tell me what have you accomplished in life thats so great?

All I can do, is change the only person I can for the ultimate better, and that's me, I cannot change anyone else around me, but the only one willin to be changed by me.

I can understand your views. And you present them in a civil manor which is respectable, a lot of people don't post like that (including me I admit).

I have prejudices from child hood I have yet to get over too. We all have them.

Oh and the Lil Wayne and rapper thing, just so you know a lot of blacks find him and his music REPULSIVE! (if you even consider that garbage noise music) All those rappers are doing is enforcing negative stereotypes. Its mostly teenage suburban white kids who want to be gangsters that support that music (lol, its true though).

Peace!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
It is only going to get worse, Maybe we whites should go ahead and head to the plantations now....

The plan is not for you to go to the plantations...

Aztlan - the 2nd civil war in the Southwest

It may or may not go violent, the border patrol has already been
fired on by mexican military thou.

But I mean it may not turn into a free for all near the border,
but something tells me it is going to get ugly.

The large scale gun seizures speak to what some of them are
preparing for down south, and once they remove the mexican
leadership they will be turning the smoking barrels north.

We got a Council Member of La Raza as a SCOTUS judge?

We got a former member of Belizean Grove as a SCOTUS judge ?

We got a population control advocate as a SCOTUS judge ?

We have an unabashed racist getting a pass in the US senate ?

The system is broken, we have non-representing representatives.

The system is corrupt, we have lobbyists paid more than the president.

The system is ignoring We the sheeple, and we are heading to HR645.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Don't you know? As long as you are not white, nor a male, you are not a bigot. Only white men can be racist, sexist, or bias in any way. This is nothing new. If you say "I am proud to be black!", then you are proud of your African heritage. If you say "I am proud to be Mexican!" you are proud of your Mexican heritage. BUT, if you say "I am proud to be white!" then you are a white supremacist, and a racist neo-nazi.

Whenever a person of a different ethnicity calls a white man anything negative in a VERY hateful way, it's not racism. But whenever a white man doesn't like someone who just so happens to be black, he is a racist.

We can deny white people service in a predominately black grocery market, (or just make them so uncomfortable that they leave) but it's OK.

OR recently, a bunch of children who were black were turned away from a country club, NOT because they were black, but because of safety reasons, and other groups of kids (who were not black) were ALSO turned away. BAM RACISM!!!! Because the owners were white. But anytime the opposite happens, it's fine. There are groups, organizations, scholarships for all ethnic groups, except white men. And it's perfectly acceptable.

I could go on for a while about this, but I'll just say this, I am not a racist, nor a bigot. I am proud of my heritage, I am proud of being white, and why can't equality be universal?

"Everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others" -Animal Farm, George Orwell

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by resist2012

Nothing wrong at all with being proud. But when you use that to preach superiority there is a problem. A lot of racists do think they are superior, and this goes for black racists, white racists. any racist. No one is superior to anyone else.

Any racism is wrong.

But I agree there is a BIG diff between being proud and being a racist. A lot of people seem to blend the two though, and thats the problem in my opionon.

Race is so stupid anyways because we are ALL human beings. We ALL came from monkies or god (whatever you choose to believe).

Peace!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

um liberals are the ignorant ones. many studies have shown conservatives are willing to listen to the other side 15 times more likely than a liberal even fox news went to new york and most liberals they talked to agreed with of all people glen beck(that crazy man) but as soon as they new it was gleen beck they contracted their staments and said they didn't agree with what they just said they agreed with, again how stupid is that, a liberal is just a puppet of the MSM with no real opinion other than what is told to them to think

only reason obama won is all these people voted for the first time because a black man was running all over the news old African Americans or young African Americans saying im voting because of obama they didnt think it was their duty to vote before a black man was running now how racist is that oh but that wasn't covered as racist just people exicted to vote for the first time, and since i pointed that out i will be called a racist for stating a fact

some other facts that ill be called a racist for is look at Africa witch by far is the worst land mass in the world wars rapes plagues famine they build a water pipe it gets blown up ,just like during the Rodney king riots (for example) they burned their own neighborhood how idiotic is that

call me a racist, bash me personally that's what liberals do dont bother me will see who leading congress after midterms

oh and by the way im not Republican i just hate moronic liberals who spend 10trillion dollars in less than a yr on nothing

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by standupamerica32
reply to post by SaturnFX

um liberals are the ignorant ones. many studies have shown conservatives are willing to listen to the other side 15 times more likely than a liberal even fox news went to new york and most liberals they talked to agreed with of all people glen beck(that crazy man) but as soon as they new it was gleen beck they contracted their staments and said they didn't agree with what they just said they agreed with, again how stupid is that, a liberal is just a puppet of the MSM with no real opinion other than what is told to them to think

only reason obama won is all these people voted for the first time because a black man was running all over the news old African Americans or young African Americans saying im voting because of obama they didnt think it was their duty to vote before a black man was running now how racist is that oh but that wasn't covered as racist just people exicted to vote for the first time, and since i pointed that out i will be called a racist for stating a fact

some other facts that ill be called a racist for is look at Africa witch by far is the worst land mass in the world wars rapes plagues famine they build a water pipe it gets blown up ,just like during the Rodney king riots (for example) they burned their own neighborhood how idiotic is that

call me a racist, bash me personally that's what liberals do dont bother me will see who leading congress after midterms

oh and by the way im not Republican i just hate moronic liberals who spend 10trillion dollars in less than a yr on nothing

I didn't vote for Obama and neither did any black person I know. We HATE Obama and consider him the same as bush.. We voted for no one this election,

I also dont really hang around hardcore liberals though (yes, a lot of black people are not liberal AT ALL). Most my friends are marines and military types. Just because we are from CA doesnt make us liberals. I am neither liberal nor conservative.

Being a marine I have also done MUCH MORE for this country than most patriotic conservatives.

But I agree a lot of white america (and America in general) voted for Obama because they didn't want to be seen as racists, or something stupid like that.

We havent had an election with ANY good candidates in years in my opionon.

Peace! (thats what its all about)

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

"Can you please provide some facts for your ridiculous notion of everyone being equal...."

"We hold these truths to be self evident. That all men are created equal."
I'm assuming you're American. If so, accept the principles the founders eloquently spelled out... or get out. If not, nevermind, lol.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

Hold up mythbuster. My point with the lion and flea statement was to emphasise the differences. A better example is the Dog. All dogs are the same species but they are made up of different 'breeds' which when talking about humans can be called 'races'. Now the dog being one species and the human being one species, as all humans are supposedly according to the indoctrinated masses 'Equal' then the same should be true with dogs. BUT, like i previously stated German shepard, a "breed/race" of dog is superior to a poodle. A bloodhound can pick up smells better then a #su. The same can be said for all species of animals, but we are to ignorant to believe humans are like every other animal in nature, we must be different, all humans are equal. It is quite obviously a nice fantasy, but far from reality.

I'm inclined to disagree on your statement how nature has selected people with darker skin towards the tropics, as they have found evidence of European cultures predating the "natives" of several lands around the tropics, and certain mummies with blonde and red hair. But when these archaelogical sites are found, they are quickly suppressed by the native groups and the government as it would change quite alot in the countries.
Also Egypt is a country that is mostly desert, and high level of UV light, but the Ancient Egyptions were a European race, as we can see by the mummies they unravelled being light skinned and blonde/red hair. (This predated the greeks coming to egypt, so no, it can't be one of the greek pharoh's).
Another example is switerland, there are high levels of UV light there, and yet they are a light people with white skin. Another is the swedes, norweigans, the inuits and the eskimo's. They all live on the same latitude and the same climate/weather/terrain conditions and yet the norweignans and swedes are a light people, with light eyes and light hair, and yet the inuit and eskimo are a darkish people.
Also, not everyone gets tanned in the sun, some people just burn, no matter how many times they go in the sun, no tan.

Now with regards to the firearms and the resistance to disease that only works for a certain amount of the new world for a certain period of time, then the indians got guns and built up some kind of resistance. Also new world makes up >/ 1/3 of the world. So what about the other 2/3 of the planet who had guns and a resistance. Also with regards to your claim on technology, gunpowder and firearms being made are only 2 pieces of technology and the whereabouts of theyre exact origin is surrounded by controversy

Considerable and continuing academic controversy rages over the exact culture and origin of gunpowder. A common understanding, now argued to be simplistically uncritically challenged was that the Chinese solely invented gunpowder and guns. However, deeper academic inquiry, superior communications technology and evidence disprove many elements of a simplistic sole origin argument for gunpowder. Instead it has been argued that, like the wheel, gunpowder was "coinvented" or "co-discovered" prior to, simultaneously or slightly after the Chinese, by cultures separated from the Chinese by vast distances, with minimal direct contact between one another.[9][10][11] Main arguments deviating from the "Chinese origin consensus" are that gunpowder may have been invented by the Arabs, by the English monk Roger Bacon, or by the Germanic people (according to folklore a frairBerthold Schwarz), with literary and archeological evidence to substantiate these claims.

Also if all humans were equal how come the pygmy in africans, and the Europeans can barely mate together at all, and if in the rare chance that they can then the child is 100% going to be a female. Scientists have said if the people of the earth stayed seperated for a few more centuries, we would not be able to mix

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I'm not only saying we're technological superiour (Europeans alone got us to the moon), but culturally, mentally, and in most cases physically superiour.
So your going to have to get more stringent controls before you bust anymore myths. Because Myth, Not Busted

PS. Heavens no. I'm English

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
You idiots claiming that white people are the new slaves seriously need to widen your view of things. That is such a pathetically stupid thing to say. Ever since Obama got elected this website has become the trailer park of all the whining poor little racist hicks. You poor little babies, how ever will you survive?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

i do thank you for your service to this country i was talking about the majority and not the exception , especially the racism that was covered as voting excitement . in the majority of African Americans who voted for the first time witch in mind was a record number, they said they voted for obama because there was someone worth voting for(many polls have stated that wish i could pull one up) over 80 to 90 percent fo African Americans voted for obama in the primary and in the election now to me that screams racism if the majority of whites voted for bush that would be called racist by everyone and their mother

(too everyone)
if u cant name your senators please don't vote till your educated on where people stand ,not on their skin color or just because their in your party, the party system only serves itself and not the American people unless we have a viable 3rd party maybe the replubocrats lol

but again i do thank you for your service

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join