It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blatant racism on CNN: "Any Latina could make a better decision than a white man"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Blatant racism on CNN: "Any Latina could make a better decision than a white man"

www.youtube.com

AREU: Nooo. As a wise Latina I can tell you, no, she's not backing down and she probably would want to say, "Not only do I mean a wise Latina, I meant any Latina could make a better decision than a white man could."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.rushlimbaugh.com

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

(click to open player in new window)

This isn't the first time I've seen blatant anti-white racism on CNN, but this is just over the top. It fits the very definition of racism, which is funny because the charge is usually inaccurate. This is one of the most clear cut examples of what equality and diversity really mean in America now. It means getting back at white men for actions perpetrated hundreds of years ago. If this type of thing has become acceptable, than we're already in real trouble.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
It is only going to get worse, Maybe we whites should go ahead and head to the plantations now....

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
There is some context that I think needs added to this story.

CNN has been running this sort of cover for SotoMayor all week. CNN has been parading Latina woman on to say that they see nothing wrong with what Soto said and that they agree. Its a way of keeping left wing support for Sotomayor that was starting to drop because of her backing off the statements. This way they not only cover Soto with the left, but convince people that what she said was ok.

So, they bring this latina woman on to claim she really does mean it, but had to retract it for the mean old white men. Understand? For example:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
"could make a better decision" only means it's possible for a latina to make a good decision. It doesn't mean that she's making a better decision BEACAUSE she's latina. Just that, it doesn't matter if she's a latina, it's still possible for her to make a better decision than a white man. I don't see this statement as racist at all, personally.

Now if she had said "any latina would make a better decision than a white man" that would be different. I would say that would be racisit.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
What this is is Obama regime and his peanut gallery in the media authorized racism to get Sotomayor and her blatant 'legislating from the bench' and revisionist judicial record into the U.S. Supreme Court. What do you think CNN would be reporting if a white male Supreme Court nominee said "A white male could make a better decision than a Latino female."?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Nessosin

Just so we're clear, this is about what the CNN reporter said. Not so much Sotomayor, although I think what Soto said was racist.

The reporter definitely says, "a Latina woman can make better decisions than any white man".

How in the world could you spin this to mean anything else is beyond me. If a white guy had said this about black people, we wouldn't be here parsing the statement.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Not suprising really, the White man is the new slave. He has intellectual, emotional and physical chains constricting him. If a news show for example only employed blue eyed blonde haired people as news readers as opposed to black people, then they would be crusified as racists, and yet blue eyed blonde haired people account for a very small amount of people in this world, one of the biggest minorities infact. Society is very sick at the moment, and democracy is one of the biggest cancers around. Unless we wake up soom we will die out.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

How is it possible that someone of any colour can make a decision better than someone who is white and vice versa. What an absolute dumbass...

The best thing is that the entire world now knows what a god damn idiot that individual truly is. And I honestly don't think we're in any trouble, most people don't care, there will be a lot of latino people who've seen that statement and said "what the f***?"

Even if we weren't I still wouldn't give a damn because by far and large the problems you hear of regarding ethnicity in the UK is a tiny percentage, for the most part other races co-exist with absolutely zero friction over here, it's all played up in the media to be seen as some massive deal, the word racism should just be banned it should be an illegal word. It's a joke, it makes a mockery of the fact we are all the same species and makes clowns like this one look....just retarded

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by fapython
Not suprising really, the White man is the new slave. He has intellectual, emotional and physical chains constricting him. If a news show for example only employed blue eyed blonde haired people as news readers as opposed to black people, then they would be crusified as racists, and yet blue eyed blonde haired people account for a very small amount of people in this world, one of the biggest minorities infact. Society is very sick at the moment, and democracy is one of the biggest cancers around. Unless we wake up soom we will die out.

With respect, friend,(and I fully agree with your point) those chains are social and cultural first and foremost. It is very popular and considered progressive to attack the white male in western society. It's cool to attack the white devil. Two generations of left leaning white apologist Academia and their mass indoctrinated liberal arts lackeys are to blame primarily.

Martin Luther King would be rolling over if he could see this blatant bastardization of his dream.

And I'm not a white male by the way. Therefore,as if to drive my point home, I can make such remarks freely. Ironic, eh?

Such a sadly distorted world,isn't it?

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Clark Savage Jr.]

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Wow.

I listened to the clip. It was a reporter saying what she thought was probably in Sotomayor's mind.

I guess I haven't quite reached the point where I find it necessary to comb through every 30 second sound bite on all 347 24-hour news channels in an attempt to find something I might construe as potentially offensive.

These blabberheads are filling time. The speculate about others' speculations. Every once in awhile they're going to say something incredibly stupid. It's more amusing to me than anything else. Anyone looking to be offended will have plenty of opportunity if they spend enough time watching cable news.

I'm not headed to the camps yet. Or ever.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I listened to the clip. It was a reporter saying what she thought was probably in Sotomayor's mind.

Right, but she says that as a wise latina woman herself, she agrees with the original sentiment of her statement. I posted that Rick Sanchez interview to show they are pushing this narrative consistently.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
LOL people let it go..why get mad at a bull# statement? We should we proud the fact that we dont spend days combing through the Media and preparing protest boards!

Tsom87

[edit on 17-7-2009 by TSOM87]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

I only seem to see this sentiment when Fox is not involved. If the clip is something from Fox, this thread would be 10 pages long by now.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I still see this as fishing for offense. So Latinas are supposed to be contrite and not confident? If you're up for SCOTUS you damn well better think you're at the very least the smartest person you know.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

So, now believing in racial superiority is no more than being confident? Why do we parse these statements so when they are said by non-whites? If a white guy had said this, it would be out right bedlam.

Also, we are talking about what the reporter said, not Sotomayor.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
There is a large cabal of liberals who not only turn a blind eye to anti-white racism, but who openly embrace it as a means of achieving true "equality".

Allowing or condoning racism of any kind is not only morally corrupt, it is opening the door to the kind of behavior that leads ultimately to genocide.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nessosin
"could make a better decision" only means it's possible for a latina to make a good decision. It doesn't mean that she's making a better decision BEACAUSE she's latina. Just that, it doesn't matter if she's a latina, it's still possible for her to make a better decision than a white man. I don't see this statement as racist at all, personally.

Now if she had said "any latina would make a better decision than a white man" that would be different. I would say that would be racisit.

Had she said "I " instead of saying "a latina woman" it would not be racist but since she used the ethnic term it implies racism.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
When it starts.....

Expect to see about 85% of the US Military there.....

Let these people continue down their path of destroying the country....

Please...

Don't find yourself on the wrong side of the fence dems.... don't do it....

[edit on 17-7-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
I still see this as fishing for offense. So Latinas are supposed to be contrite and not confident? If you're up for SCOTUS you damn well better think you're at the very least the smartest person you know.

However,if one has to belittle others to do so it in fact indicates the opposite.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join