It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blatant racism on CNN: "Any Latina could make a better decision than a white man"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
reply to post by yeahright

So, now believing in racial superiority is no more than being confident? Why do we parse these statements so when they are said by non-whites? If a white guy had said this, it would be out right bedlam.

Also, we are talking about what the reporter said, not Sotomayor.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Wimbly]

actually i think this makes the point that ALL races of people can say stupid things, and i know that this was said in jest to make a point. if people cannot see that, then they should loosen up alittle. a little false rage goes a long way toward neutralizing critical-thinking skills. maybe the latina crowd could say the same thing when the " angry, bully, pushy," remarks came out about what un-named, un-substanciated, "people" had said about sotomayor. jesus...jefferson beauregard sessions just hates it when a "darky" gets ahead. goullee!!! sheezam!!!

[edit on 17-7-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Really? White people are slaves? You obviously have no idea what it means to be a slave. White men not being able to go out and drag black men to death? Must be slavery! What, a Hispanic on the Supreme Court that has only had 2 people not white? Racism and white slavery! What? A black president!? White Slavery!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Edit: post deleted.

Never freaking mind. I dont want to start more arguments.

Peace

[edit on 17-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Watch this. She definitely has an axe to grid with white men.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Watch this. She definitely has an axe to grid with white men.

I completely agree with you on this. We don't need ANY garbage racist or sexist viewpoints on television.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
When I read threads like this I wish Germany had won the war.
The most sophisticated and intelligent race is getting wiped out!
I may have a very different perspective on the historical facts concerning World War 2 and that's why I say this.

Hitler was fighting against that what the World has become...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

These people that make comments like that have probably never been through anything bad in their lives, but yet they have the balls to say stuff like that. Boo hoo, white people. Please excuse me now, I'm going to go cry about all the atrocities commited against whites in the name of race now.... Yeah, right...

Who said anything about white slavery? Stop making that accusation unless you're going to back it up.

Second, I have been through racists moments in my life thanks to race. My school actually invited a black supremacy group to speak at an African American heritage festival. They were actually calling for the enslavement of white people to throngs of cheering people. One of the guys said, "We can shake their hands now, but when the times come we will spill their blood". It was a pretty eye opening moment for me.

How about the incident in Akron Ohio where a family of white people were beat down while the kids screamed "this is a black world". Of course we haven't heard much about it, because the media ignores those kinds of stories.

The fact is we ALL deal with discrimination and racism. The sooner you realize that, the sooner you'll stop being such a bigot.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Edit: Post deleted.

nevermind. I said something inapropriate and that makes me just as bad as the bigots I hate...

sorry.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yeah, there is no need for her to be proud of her heritage...especially when folks like Pat Buchanan are just as PROUD of their heritage...at least she wasn't a bigot about it.

Just my 2-cents

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

These people that make comments like that have probably never been through anything bad in their lives, but yet they have the balls to say stuff like that. Boo hoo, white people. Please excuse me now, I'm going to go cry about all the atrocities commited against whites in the name of race now.... Yeah, right...

Who said anything about white slavery? Stop making that accusation unless you're going to back it up.

Second, I have been through racists moments in my life thanks to race. My school actually invited a black supremacy group to speak at an African American heritage festival. They were actually calling for the enslavement of white people to throngs of cheering people. One of the guys said, "We can shake their hands now, but when the times come we will spill their blood". It was a pretty eye opening moment for me.

How about the incident in Akron Ohio where a family of white people were beat down while the kids screamed "this is a black world". Of course we haven't heard much about it, because the media ignores those kinds of stories.

The fact is we ALL deal with discrimination and racism. The sooner you realize that, the sooner you'll stop being such a bigot.

The thing is that most black people think those black power groups are stupid. Most blacks don't agree with them. Most blacks hate ALL racism, even against white people. Atleast all the black people I know do.

Its usually the older black people that are "racist" (which is understandable, because they lived in a time of segragation..etc), most the young ones are pretty accepting of everyone (this is the same with young white people I have noticed too).

And some guy earlier in the thread did say whites are basically slaves.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Most of the first page screamed about white slavery. So that's where we got it from.

Cause you know, not being a hero for bombing black churches is white slavery.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The thing is that most blacks think those black power groups are stupid. Most blacks don't agree with them. Most blacks hate ALL racism, even against white people. Atleast all the blacks I know do...

Well, I've always believed that since every black person I know is not an ignorant bigot. However, there was a huge crowd at this lecture and they were cheering. I mean, they were really in to it. In fact, there was one old black guy in the crowd that got singled out and jeered, because he was shouting down the speakers. My own college invited these guys to speak! What if you're school invited the KKK? Wouldn't that be #ed up?

reply to post by GingerR

Most of the first page screamed about white slavery. So that's where we got it from.

Cause you know, not being a hero for bombing black churches is white slavery.

Well, I didn't see any of that and I don't agree with it. I'm simply saying that discrimination and racism against whites needs to be recognized.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Pat Buchanan is nothing short of an idiot...i think we can all agree with that.I think this thread has been muddied by view points when we are discussing what she said,which WAS nothing short of a racist remark.Racism is still something we all have to deal with in day to day life...it hasn't magically disappeared although it is less common these days.The fact that sotomayor was appointed to the highest judicial seat when she holds such views is completely abhorrent imo.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
So... a Hispanic on the Supreme Court is racism against whites. Right. And I guess being in trouble for burning a black family's house down instead of being made KKK Wizard is racism against whites also.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

The thing is that most blacks think those black power groups are stupid. Most blacks don't agree with them. Most blacks hate ALL racism, even against white people. Atleast all the blacks I know do...

Well, I've always believed that since every black person I know is not an ignorant bigot. However, there was a huge crowd at this lecture and they were cheering. I mean, they were really in to it. In fact, there was one old black guy in the crowd that got singled out and jeered, because he was shouting down the speakers. My own college invited these guys to speak! What if you're school invited the KKK? Wouldn't that be #ed up?

I completely agree with you. These people should not allowed to preach their hate and spread their propaganda, whether they be the KKK or a black power group. Its all disgusting and wrong...

We are arguing but I think you and I are kinda on the same page about this stuff i noticed. I think I just worded my first few posts wrong and you took it the wrong way.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
The fact that sotomayor was appointed to the highest judicial seat when she holds such views is completely abhorrent imo.

Her record as a judge speaks for itself. She has not (in any apparent way) shown racism in any of her judgments...can all other 108 (white men) out of 120 SCJ that have ever seated the SC bench say the same thing? HAHA...It was sad day for all the white over-aged males when they HAD to give women the right to vote and guarantee the blacks that ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUALLY!

Racism has always run rampant in this country...but Sotomayor's record does not reflect any internal racism or internal entitlement she may feel or exhibit through her constitutionally protected right to free speech during a peaceful assembly.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The whole thing is hogwash.

Since a wise latina made this claim, it seems to of been a bad decision.

Making the statement null and void.

As a rebuttal, I believe any white man will make a better decision then a latina woman. Ohhhhhh now everyones pissed off.

So whats the difference between latina and mexican or spanish. Is it just like a nicer way to put it, I guess First mexican in the supreme court would be kind of odd?

Yeah, also first African to be president of the USA. Would have an odd ring to it too.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
It is only going to get worse, Maybe we whites should go ahead and head to the plantations now....

lmao!

I've already got my shovel!

I don't think we really have any cotton plantations around here.... well maybe we'll have to update it, it is 2009....hmm maybe we'll all have to well, I don't know?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GingerR
So... a Hispanic on the Supreme Court is racism against whites. Right. And I guess being in trouble for burning a black family's house down instead of being made KKK Wizard is racism against whites also.

Who do you see making this argument? I don't know anyone who is. Hell, this thread isn't even really about Sotomayor!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
As a white male, I think white males who think they are oppressed here in the USA are quite frankly clueless dolts.

Racism against whites certainly exists, as does every kind of racism under the sun (ask Finns and Swedes what they think of one another sometime), but lets face it, in this country white males still mostly run the show.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join