It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Evangelical

Hey man and welcome. Many people here disagree about God but don't let them tear down your faith. Love and respect their opinions too for we as ambassadors of God are to show unconditional love to our fellow man regardless their beliefs. Just for future reference. Again, nice to meet you and if you ever need reassurance about God or the Bible or you just need a prayer, you know my name. God Bless buddy!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evangelical
Christian divorce rate is about 22% while the national average is 50+%.

That is neither here nor there. Regarding the validity of the Gospel Jesus most certainly claimed divinity.

Also the book of Jonah so accurately prophesies the coming of Christ as to make one cry.

The book of Jonah is like reading a synoptic Gospel written 600-800 years before it would happen!!!

ahem... fallacy...

Variation in divorce rates by religion:
Religion % have been divorced
Jews 30%
Born-again Christians 27%
Other Christians 24%
Atheists, Agnostics 21%

(psst... add together the "born agains" with "other christians" and you get 51%)

www.religioustolerance.org...

speaking of synoptic gospels, can you harmonize them all, without skipping any verses or salient points, and still come up with a coherent story?

Take every fact that the synoptic gospels have, and make a single gospel out of them, without skipping over a single factoid given in them about jesus' actions or words, and let's see what you get.

So which synoptic gospel would you be thinking jonah is all about?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
First I am not a believer in the whole christian/religious stuff. I find it funny that on a site where the most ridiculous theories are taken as fact but yet the mention of christ is not taken seriously. Why is God and his believers always made fun of on this site when the majority of people on this site will believe the flimisiest of evidence for the NWO,ALIENS or anything else?.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Here's what I don't understand:

If Jesus is the ONLY way, what about the people that live on the other side of the world, who believe in something else? Are they totally out of luck and screwed? What about extraterrestrials? I'm not sure if you believe in them, but I do.

You see, I was born in the Bible belt and have lived here all my life. As a child I used to think that anyone who didn't believe in Jesus was absolutely crazy and in denial. I've come to realize that there are probably many children on the other side of the world who believe in another messiah, and they think that anyone who doesn't believe in him/her is going straight to their version of hell. And it would be terribly hard to convince them otherwise, because they've been taught one thing all their lives.

I really don't feel that the most loving, all-powerful God that rules us all would throw those other folks down to hell. In fact, I don't really believe in hell at all anymore. Plus, I feel like if it does in fact exist, it's the biggest insult to the devil - not believing in him. I do believe there is some evil in this world, though.

But I do not believe that our God would not send us down to hell. We incarnate to our mortal lives in order to learn and grow spiritually, and a veil of forgetfulness shields us from our previous memories in Heaven before we were born here. I feel that if I knew before I was born, that there would be a chance that I wouldn't make it back, and be thrown in hell, there would be NO WAY that I would have ever incarnated. God knows that we are "in the dark" down here, after all, He's the one that makes us forget.

I have read many near-death experiences, and many of them have claimed that they usually see their own personal prophet, like Jesus, or in some cases Buddha, or maybe just a relative. In fact, in Betty Eadie's book, she sees Jesus, and asks Him what the most legitimate religion was. He told her that all religions have some truth in them, that there is no completely true religion, and that we shouldn't judge others because they are at different levels of spiritual development.

Sounds good to me!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

I'm going to take a guess that most of them are atheists. That and most of these people are "proof" people, not "faith" people. I'm not saying this to offend anyone, just from what I read, that seems to sum it up. If there is more, anyone can add.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Halley86

My own take on things is, it's like a wheel. "god" or the concept of a source, is at the center of it all.

We're all spokes on the wheel that surround this hub at the center. Each of us has a different way to get to that center, a different "spoke on the wheel" so to speak. But just because someone is on a different spoke, does not make them wrong. They're just on a different path to the center.

Unfortunately, some people take their belief as being the only spoke. That'd make a pretty bad wheel, wouldn't it? and you see the results in the world when that balanced wheel is out of whack.. There's confusion, everything spinning out of control and people get hurt.

I leave people and their beliefs alone, as long as they leave me alone. The only time i tend to get involved is when i see people using their particular brand of the spoke to spew out hatred and intolerance of any kind. There's been enough of that in our history, and enough is enough.

I have no qualms about standing up for other people's rights when they're being stepped on by arrogant people who harbor hatred for anyone.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Okay. This is my question to you.

If this is "fate", why the heck do people worry about it or even care?

Those that "believe" that is.

As The Beatles said, just LET IT BE!!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well, there seems to be schism on christian divorce rates

www.religioustolerance.org...

www.assisteddivorce.com...

Unfortunately the US census bureau doesn't break it down by religion...

To sum up though, the first site seems to suggest divorce rates are about equal between christians and Atheists, however there is a spike in divorce figures for conservative christians.

The second site has about a 20-35% rate for christians and denominations thereof with a 21% for Atheists and Agnostics combined.

Care to source some figures for us Evangelist?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Water-tastes-good

I'm going to take a guess that most of them are atheists. That and most of these people are "proof" people, not "faith" people. I'm not saying this to offend anyone, just from what I read, that seems to sum it up. If there is more, anyone can add.

Despite what perceptions may hold, there's less people who knee-jerk believe in the NWO, Alien, Conspiracy stuff than you might think... it's a pretty even demographic here, just as in "real life".

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

In fact, in Betty Eadie's book, she sees Jesus, and asks Him what the most legitimate religion was. He told her that all religions have some truth in them, that there is no completely true religion, and that we shouldn't judge others because they are at different levels of spiritual development

I've read plenty of experiences as well and most of the people ask the being they are with "What is the best religion?" The being will tell them "Whatever one brings you closer to God."

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Water-tastes-good]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Halley86

In the Bible the prophecies say that towards the end of days, the gospel will be preached across the world - cable/satellite has made this prophecy truth.

As far as people that haven't heard the gospel, that's a good question although I believe that God makes provisions for people like that - for example, children that are killed or die. He certainly wouldn't send them to hell for not receiving salvation.

As far as hell existing - I keep hearing that from non believers, and some believers, even some Christians - the only thing I can attribute this to is that people want to believe the good parts but not the bad.

The Bible doesn't stutter on hell's existence - but it's up to you whether you believe or not.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Not so sure on your observation. I see many Christians treated with a lot of respect on here, such as octomom, mainly because they give respect in kind. But to your point, the reason anyone with a evangelical religious view would be chastised here is because the main point of this site (deny ignorance) strikes at the heart of the "I'm right, you're wrong, la la la la la) attitude of evangelicals.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
Okay. This is my question to you.

If this is "fate", why the heck do people worry about it or even care?

Those that "believe" that is.

As The Beatles said, just LET IT BE!!!!

People can, and are, creating their own fate - in my opinion. You are either serving satan or you're serving God.

Each of those choices hold different consequences - so it's up to each of us to choose where we want to spend our eternal life. Heaven or hell.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
People can, and are, creating their own fate - in my opinion. You are either serving satan or you're serving God.

Each of those choices hold different consequences - so it's up to each of us to choose where we want to spend our eternal life. Heaven or hell.

See now I can respect this statement. I don't agree with you, but my opinion is not important here. You are entitled to your beliefs and I will most certainly stand up for your right to believe them.

That is what freedom of religion is about. Not turning the United States into a Christian country and whining when it doesn't happen; it means being able to practice your religion peacefully and respectfully without interferance by the government (or anyone else for that matter).

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evangelical
... history of the world Jesus is the only one to have claimed He is the Messiah.

a-hem...-clears throat-...

I...am the Messiah.

Thank you, thank you all...try the fish...and dont forget to donate your offerings.

guess theres 2 now...take your pick...but, I offer to my flock..casual fridays, and ladys night tuesdays...
I said it, therefore it has to be true

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I believe your statement but I don't agree with serving God has "consequences." Mocking and ridiculing, true, but I don't see those as consequences knowing what Jesus has done for me.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

And according to the ancient hebrews, they had no concept of some personification of a "satan" figure standing against God, in any way. They would have found the concept hilariously blasphemous.

It's only been since the New Testament that that kind of thinking has come into being. But to the originators of your faith, they had no such fallen angel being. "satan", the word, translates as "adversary", and was used in place of ANYONE who stood in your way.

Even someone standing in the road blocking you was referred to as "a satan".

The original translations of the old testament stand in opposition of your views of a personified fallen angel named "Satan".

But of course, you'll never hear that, will you? You'll never investigate even the possibility, cause it would cause you that ol' pain in the butt cognitive dissonance, wouldn't it?

Or, are you going to be a true human being, who thinks logically, critically, and with a TRUE seeking of the truth of the universe, and take up that little challenge?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

If it is fate that Jesus Christ is the only way to save the world against Satan, then why are people worrying?

You think Jesus is going to come out of the sky and have some holy magical battle with Satan?

Or will it be hidden in the souls of the leaders of our world, so no one can truly prove any of it exists for the millionth time.

Then after the the depression/recession goes away, everything will be fine again and we will all forget.

Good thing God forgives everyone who wants to be forgiven. Trust me, if I live my life for myself and end up at the pearly gates being questioned, damn right I will be sorry.

Guess what? I'll have my cake and eat it.

I am playing devils advocate here as well. I am one of the nicest people you will ever meet, but I do not speak a view that I do not feel true.

So, devote your entire life here on earth to some god, and if he ends up being true, I will still see you up there.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Lol, what a troll. He's probably laughing at our serious responses.

Can mod just close this thread before people who can't see that this is parody get out of control?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

My understanding of Al Satan was that it was a job title and meant roughly the same as we mean attorney these days (heh, still does, I guess). It was an entity that was meant to stand with you and plead your case before the Creator.

It is also an idea that is stolen from other religions. Even the names JHVA and Yaweh are "borrowed" from earlier religions with their own pantheon.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join