It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evangelical
One of the greatest mysteries is that the Bible accurately predicts the coming of Christ and that in all the history of the world Jesus is the only one to have claimed He is the Messiah. The only logical conclusion is Jesus is the Christ. The NWO is probably real and is the instrument of Satan and we ate indeed nearing the end times.

How does the bible accurately predict this with no exact dates and times?

wow.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
This is too easy...too simple....I..can't believe this thread is front page....

I'll just say: Follow common sense. Chances are, you won't find it in the Bible.

~GHL

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Same old same old I'm afraid.

Some new guys introduction has errupted into AtheistsVschristians... because he made some fairly hard and fast statements that got challenged.

Personally I'm on my side.

but not gods

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Does this topic even have anything conspiracy related in it? I'm up to page 3, and it seems to be religious talk about the signs of the Endtimes. This topic needs to be in BTS, not here.

[edit on 7/14/2009 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
...okay, I'm not reading 12 pages worth of posts that were made in less than 6 hours. Can somebody tell me a quick 1-3 sentence summary of what's going on in this thread? Please tell me there's something more going on than the usual garble I see in countless religion-based threads.

it's the usual garble. This would be the second sentence you were looking for. And here's a third.

I'd add more, but you probably get the point

Some of it's been interesting, and it HAS been rather... calm... compared to the other threads you see. But essentially.. yep.. bible quote this, leviticus gay bash that, my god is better than your no-god, etc

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Evangelical Christians are stating the bible is the one and only truth and anyone who denies it is in denial. Atheists are trolling in here baiting the evangelicals to prove it. Open minded people of other faiths are making an attempt at explaining that there are other religions that are just as valid as Christianity. All this with homosexuality thrown in for good measure.

So yeah, your basic religious thread, good only for sharpening debating skills.

Oh, and for background, this was evangelical's introduction thread. It erupted into the debate you see now and the mods moved it. So his first thread got him almost as many flags as I have in two months of activity. I'm jealous.

[edit on 7-14-2009 by rogerstigers]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Evangelical

I'll say to you what I've said to many. The bible only predicts Jesus' coming if you mistranslate and skew prophecies. If you want to learn about old testament prophecy, then go talk to a Rabbi. I guarantee it will break your faith.

Also, you're just plain wrong. You can rant about heaven all you want, but you can't prove it exists.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Jesus is the only way huh?

Then tell you what. You can have your fake, brainwashed beliefs and believe them until you die because I know you likely will. Take your christ infection and spread it to someone else but heed my warning. Your lies will catch up with you friend. Your lack of logic will haunt your life even if behind the surface of your conscious mind. Maybe not in this life but eventually your lies will catch up with you and you will be the one in hell, not I.

Why must the religious freaks spew their brainwash to others? Religion is a scourge and I really need to refrain from posting in threads like this but I was sucked in once again. Force your ideals on me bub and by Christ or god or whoever, I will force them back...

Stop comforting yourself with religious beliefs and take it like a man.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

"""Jesus Christ is the only way,"""

I thought the flying spaghetti monster was the only way.

What makes you think your Jesus Christ is better than my flying spaghetti monster ??

I seem a bit confused.

Have a good one though.

link   

...okay, I'm not reading 12 pages worth of posts that were made in less than 6 hours. Can somebody tell me a quick 1-3 sentence summary of what's going on in this thread? Please tell me there's something more going on than the usual garble I see in countless religion-based threads.

Sure...this thread (and every single thread related to any religion ever in the history of mankind) in a nutshell

:Its true
-No, its not
:It is, its true
-Nope
:YES!!!
-I dont believe it
:Your going to hell
-I dont believe in that either

etc.
Every religious thread everywhere will always be the same until the sun explodes

link   

Yeah, what they said...

Kinda 4th generation pseudo-trolling.

5th Generation? Orc-ing?

We've been Mugwumped by jesus.

Although, on the other side of ATS this nice gothic guy has made a thread about paranoia and it's being debated nicely without any my gods' bigger than your ****

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 14/7/0909 by jokei]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Every religious thread everywhere will always be the same until the sun explodes

No it won't!

(my valiant attempt at humor)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

I'll say to you what I've said to many. The bible only predicts Jesus' coming if you mistranslate and skew prophecies. If you want to learn about old testament prophecy, then go talk to a Rabbi. I guarantee it will break your faith.

Also, you're just plain wrong. You can rant about heaven all you want, but you can't prove it exists.

I love the take that lewis black has on what you just said.. . Christians took what the jews wrote, and tried to write a new one based off of it. But THEN they try to have an opinion on their interpretation of the old testament... which apparently was NOT good enough for them to begin with!

You don't see rabbi's trying to interpret the new testament, do you?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

No it won't!

(my valiant attempt at humor)

Yes...it will

-wins-

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAntiHero420
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
Stephen Roberts

That's a brilliant quote, but I'm not sure about the "one fewer God" part, even Christianity seems to have the father, the son and the holy spirit, and some people spend more time praying to the virgin Mary than any of those three. But the underlying point of Mr. Roberts is quite valid.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
HIPPIE JESUS!!

really though. hold on to your bible, i mean if that's your thing. But just know that the god your praying to most likely isn't real. If there ever was such a being who created all that we know, then he'd be laughing his ass off at our little theories and beliefs.

And wait, the bible says that Christ will rise again? so because Jesus claimed he was the messiah makes this 100% undeniable truth?
Just making sure i got that correct.

Maybe Buddha will make a surprise appearance, wait i forgot, your all christian so your right.
sorry to all the Islamic people, and Buddhists, and Hindus, the jews, and countless other religions for which all are wrong because Jesus is the one and only true god above all people.....amen..

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Sure...this thread (and every single thread related to any religion ever in the history of mankind) in a nutshell

:Its true
-No, its not
:It is, its true
-Nope
:YES!!!
-I dont believe it
:Your going to hell
-I dont believe in that either

etc.

You did a good job of summing up 13 pages of debate in one post!

So what's next? We wait for the sun to explode? LOL

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
REPOST
QUESTION???
QUESTION???
QUESTION???
Why are the world leaders (you know..the people controlling the whole planet) worshiping Lucifer? But you call Christians crackpots?
Bohemian Grove is available for anyone to see on youtube or Google video..
World leaders, corporate elites and politicians every year Performing a cremation of Care ritual to Moloch the Owl (BAAL) (SATAN)..Read Revelation
But you never question them or what they are doing. You spend all your time ridiculing Christians and the bible..
HELLO it's 2009 right???
2009 years since the birth of Jesus.. All our time is based on a fictitious character???? Give me a BREAK!
The bible tells you about inter dimensional beings and tells us some of the most supernatural accounting's in history.

It's all around you..In your movies, your music, your tv, on government buildings it's everywhere.
It's all about Enoch, Solomon and the magical books the knights Templar found..They communicate with the fallen ones..That's what the pagan religions, Greeks, Egyptians, Mayans and Jewish Cabalah throughout history are about. The fallen ones give them power and money and fame.. They use magical symbols, sigils, and talismans, blood sacrifice and rituals to communicate and to draw on their power and knowledge (illumination).Creating portals for them to come through..
Our creator warned you about it in the bible and he forbids you to communicate with them..
Most importantly Our Creator also gave us a gift (HIS SON) as the Last sacrifice who paid a ransom for your souls that you may have eternal life!
So keep denying Christ cause the end is near (The great harvest).... while they (the powers that be) laugh at you knowing you will be burning in hell!
I hope your name is written in the Creators LAMBS BOOK OF LIFE!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Will you consider that Jesus was more than one person at one time? Buddah, sp, or maybe even the one who came to those people in South America and taught them and said to look for his return? Could Jesus be the Lord who came to Abraham in the desert before telling Abraham what was to become of Sodom and Gehmrorrah. sp. ?Could Jesus have come to the earth many other times? Yet, the only way to the Father is through him? Not meaing, Jesus, the man, of the New Testament times, but the ONE who will bring all to the Father if that is what they want?

Inquiring minds want to know.

The Bible says, I am the only begotten son. Does the Bible say, this only happens once, and screw you all? What about the ones before Him? What about the ones who never hear of his words? What about the ones who are taken from their mothers' wombs before they can hear the word of God?
What about my cousin who died when he turned 7 years old and couldn't be confirmed into the Catholic Church?

Ah, yeah, God says to hell with them.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
sorry to burst your bubble, but in all truth and honesty the "Devil" does not exist, the entire idea was MAN-MADE. Also the time for the single savior has been over for some time, which could mean many things, but I think it means its up to US to save ourselves.

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join