It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
reply to post by rogerstigers

Since you want things equal, what about the bestiality orgs - and the incest orgs - should we allow those to be taught to our school children as well?

Open the door for one and you have to open it for everyone.

AHA! And there is it again folks! The VERY last straw that any christian has in his/her bag of tricks! I was wondering when we would see it. It is glorious in it's obscenity, and it always comes out, always. Just throws a whole subculture of people down there with the dog and horse lovers, and the child molesters. Kudos to you Sir/Madam. You just proved how irrelevant your views really are.

Chrono

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Everyone thinks their God is better than the other.

Religion has done nothing but cause war and disrespect for other human beings. Why? Because they don't agree with each other. Something simple like having an opinion gets you crucified, beheaded, blown up, and so on just for not following someone's religion. If you make fun of someone's leader, they might riot, start fires, burn flags and such and such.

All in the good name of religion.

I'll stick to my favorite god: The sun. Why? Because it gives me life. What does your god give me besides a headache?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I grew up in a religious household and never questioned that religion until recently. On 9/11, regardless of who you think actually did it, I had no idea why these people would even want to attack us in the first place. Religion is why they attacked us. I was aware of Islam then, but I didn't realize there was so many people who consider themselves to be of that faith. At the time I thought Christianity was the only mainstream religion, therefore never questioned that religion. Ignorance is bliss.

Don't all the religions believe in a higher power? So why are we fighting? Instead of focusing on the similarities we focus on the differences and argue over whose interpretation of this power is correct. How can a Christian tell a Muslim that the power he feels is not the power of god and vise versa? Have any of the religious text been written by this higher power? Nope, they were all written by men claiming to have been influenced by his god. Statements such as "god works in mysterious ways" or "everything happens for a reason" are just religion's feeble attempts to explain the parts it doesn't understand about this power. How can we fight about religion or even claim our belief is the right one when we don't even fully understand it.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Evangelical

I was very surprised to see such a short OP on the front page.

Don't let the naysayer and the angry get you down. There are fellow believers here. However, if you are an atheist just trying to see what kind of responses this sort of thread gets (or to flush us Christians out), that's fine too. Any chance to support the Truth is a good thing (forgive me if my suspicious-ness crosses a line.)

I just wish there was some way we could actually prove our beliefs. But, those of us that understand the Spirit know it is not up to us to prove anything, just to plant the seed and let Him do the rest.

SandF

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Chronogoblin

I'm sorry, but what is this bag of tricks of which you speak? And what, exactly, is it that you are saying?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wideawake08

ahem.. first of all, BA'AL was not satan in mythology. BA'AL was, way before the jewish faith became a reality, the brother of Yahweh, and the two hated each other.

Satan, according to mythology, was a creation of Yahweh. So... they cannot be one and the same, correct?

Kinda blows your whole premise right there.

Oh but I think you believe in the new, updated mythology, right? The one that's been modified for the past few thousand years and updated to be more "fashionable" and "modern"?

People, seriously, need to look into the original myths. You'll see excatly where your current mythology comes from. And just as it was no longer fashionable to believe the old, so it's going to be with the new. Took a couple thousand years to move past it back then, it'll be the same way with this stuff.

But, as i said before, most people are completely unwilling to face that challenge of looking into the history of it all, and will just rely on their old friend Cognitive Dissonance to get them through the day.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I see. Well, I can't ignore a good religious thread when it's fresh like this, so I'll say my input.

I believe in God. Did Jesus exist? Perhaps. People always bring up the tired-old assumption that Jesus was based off of other religious figures throughout history without ever questioning the possibility that the reverse can be true. What if Jesus was the true Messiah, and everything from the "historical data" showing other Jesus-like figures, paganistic connections, and even what many Atheists say as proof today is also based on lies? Just because it came from the past doesn't automatically make it true. What if there's a conspiracy inside the conspiracy? It's too absurd to really take seriously, but it would be interesting if it was the case.

My definition of God basically boils down to this:

1 John 4:8 - He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

I've watched many documentaries presenting a theory that the force of love has a structure that is meant for construction, whereas the force of hate has a structure that is meant for destruction. If God, in His purest form, is Love, then God exists, no question about it.

However, every other single thing is up for debate. That includes any religious text, any visions, any traditions, etc. How can the Bible be complete if man chose what is currently in it and how it was translated? How can the caricature of our current perception of the Devil even exist? People can't go to hell for eternity! The people who say that don't have any concept of eternity.

Let's take the example of Adolf Hitler, a man responsible for the deaths of millions of people, Jews and Russians alike. Let us say that, as a punishment, Hitler relives the life of every single person he has killed. When you add that up, that's millions upon millions of years of relived life. Hitler would probably break after the first 10 or 20 lives. Now, imagine the years of all those relived lives as a grain of sand. Those grains of sand cover the entire mass of the Sun. Now, imagine the amount of Earths it takes to fit into the Sun, and multiple the Sun by that amount. Take that amount of Suns and multiply that by the grains of sand that are on each sun. In the lifespan of eternity, all of that is not even that under the number 1 of a millisecond (1/sum of stuffth) compared to the infinite time that is eternity.

I'm sorry, but eternity for even Hitler is too ridiculous to take seriously. It's obvious that the Devil was made as a means of control over the masses. Without something to fear, there's no reason to fear.

It's a pity people don't spend more time putting thought into their beliefs. My beliefs keep growing and changing all the time, but that's because I think about them so much and am always exploring as many different possibilities as I can handle. I met somebody on the street the other day dressed in a suit who was preaching his religion (take a guess). The guy barely looked like he was 20 years old. You shouldn't be converting people at such a young age - heck, you shouldn't be trying to convert anybody at all without being sure you have spent countless years researching every crevice of what you are preaching. To me, a ignorant man is somebody who sets his ideals in stone, and a fool is somebody who blindly spouts them and tries to make people see the world from his perspective; a smart man constantly changes his ideals whenever new information is presented and carefully analyzes it, and a wise man never tells another man what to believe, but offers suggestions and opinions. A fool tells you believe this, whereas a wise man tells you to think for yourself.

Yeah, that wasn't all too well structured, but since this is just a random religious thread, I thought I'd vent out some steam.

[edit on 7/14/2009 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wideawake08

By the way, that's not even getting into the "lucifer" aspect of things.

Do a google search on "lucifer mistranslation" to see the proof on the mythology of lucifer.

If you're willing to give up your cognitive dissonance, that is.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by obilesk
reply to post by Evangelical

I was very surprised to see such a short OP on the front page.

Don't let the naysayer and the angry get you down. There are fellow believers here. However, if you are an atheist just trying to see what kind of responses this sort of thread gets (or to flush us Christians out), that's fine too. Any chance to support the Truth is a good thing (forgive me if my suspicious-ness crosses a line.)

I just wish there was some way we could actually prove our beliefs. But, those of us that understand the Spirit know it is not up to us to prove anything, just to plant the seed and let Him do the rest.

SandF

It's good that some feel that way, to just plant a seed and move on.

That, however, is not how a lot of folks come across, and they use their religion (no matter what religion it is) to breed hatred. That's what some people are trying to stand against. I should hope you do too, even if it means having to call out some of those of your own faith.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Indeed, your thoughts on god are the same as mine, essentially.

As I said earlier, all of us are on a path to the center (god).. some of us are on different spokes of the wheel, but all of us spin around this central point. That central point is the essence of love, indeed.

I leave people alone with their beliefs, unless they use it to spread hate of any kind. I love the phrase that is in the bible "you'll know them by their fruits". That sword cuts both ways.

If someone uses their religion as a breeding ground for hate, I'll stand against it in any way I can.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

I can't stand religious conversation anymore. And it's for just that reason - hate. I wouldn't have even gotten into this thread if it weren't for the simplicity of it. I like the chance to support my Faith, but the simple message usually gets lost in the overuse of our mouths.

Sometimes it's nothing more than an informational dialogue. But usually it's one party trying to upstage the other with their own logic or understanding of one passage or another. It's just all a bunch of non-essentials. Christians fighting with other Christians while fighting with atheists and pagans and others. It's all just so much fluff. Too bad it doesn't always end in an agreement to disagree.

The amount of violence committed in the name of faith is by far one of the most draining and unnecessary phenomenons in all of humanity's history. If you preach peace, practice it. It's not that hard to get!!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
*emits a long, rude raspberry*

Prove it.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
There is no teaching that compares to what Jesus taught.

The claim is that Jesus is the Messiah. The one.

The Son of Man is the Messiah and He has no place to rest His head, therefore as creepy as it sounds He would love to come and live inside each of you because the kingdom that Jesus taught is within you.

He promises to manifest Himself to the believer.

He promises living water for those who ask.

These are the things that proove He is the One.

He's not a stalker but if you apply His teachings (ask, seek, knock) He will meet the individual halfway.

There is no teaching that even comes close to His. What Jesus brings to the table is full disclosure.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chronogoblin

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
reply to post by rogerstigers

Since you want things equal, what about the bestiality orgs - and the incest orgs - should we allow those to be taught to our school children as well?

Open the door for one and you have to open it for everyone.

AHA! And there is it again folks! The VERY last straw that any christian has in his/her bag of tricks! I was wondering when we would see it. It is glorious in it's obscenity, and it always comes out, always. Just throws a whole subculture of people down there with the dog and horse lovers, and the child molesters. Kudos to you Sir/Madam. You just proved how irrelevant your views really are.

Chrono

Ug, I hate how I am being quoted in these threads by someone and then that someone is quoted and my name shows up in blue bold. I makes it look like I am the one making these rediculous beastiality statements...*sigh*

Chrono, the significance of nomorecruelty's sudden reference to beastiality, etc. was not lost on me. I didn't appreciate that my statement demanding that if he gets time for his views, I have to get time for mine resulted in a beastiality reference, but I elected to ignore it. I don't think he was trying to compare my beliefs to animal rapists. It just reads really bad.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evangelical
One of the greatest mysteries is that the Bible accurately predicts the coming of Christ and that in all the history of the world Jesus is the only one to have claimed He is the Messiah. The only logical conclusion is Jesus is the Christ. The NWO is probably real and is the instrument of Satan and we ate indeed nearing the end times.

Do you realize it is a fact that several icons/deities from all over the world and before the existence of j.c. have a virtual carbon copy version of the jesus story of their own? It's undeniable that the j.c. story is not his own, and was adopted. The story of Jesus is a fallacy.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Gahhh i really wish everyone would quit with religion and just see how much you respect the earth for wat it is. You actually look for the truth instead of not looking for answers and going by the bible which is just a big story book written by people dying of dehydration. And the predictions in the bible are complete bull because anyone can guess the world would end in war. you can put 2 people in the same room and leave them there. they will eventually destroy themselves in anger. Well say you put 2 people in a city they will both try to rule and eventually destroy themselves in war. See i just told you everything the bible says. Im an athiest i believe in nothing. Appreciate the world instead of looking for an invisible being for answers which you'll never get. Think about this. If i told you there was an invisible elephant that can help you if you pray to it and you can hear it see it or touch it and wrote a book about it would u believe me. Of course not because its obviously fake.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by obilesk

I'm sorry, but what is this bag of tricks of which you speak? And what, exactly, is it that you are saying?

I am sorely tempted to say: "If you don't know what a bag of tricks is, then I am not going to explain it to you." BUT. I see too many people shirk direct questions though, so I will tell you what I mean. I mean that (in my opinion) some of the so-called 'faithful' are charlatans. Snake-oil salesmen. Pick your synonym. I don't think they are truly real christians. I think that they simply use the religion to freely speak out against those things they disagree with, using the platform of religion to spew hateful rhetoric the whomever will listen.
And, yet, whenever someone calls them out on it, they backpedal, or put a spin on it. Invariably trying to strengthen their position of intolerance and BS by equating two different things together to try and drag both down. i.e. Equating homosexuality with rape, and animal-sex. Like somehow, the two people consummating the act are less than human. Less than they themselves are. It's hypocrisy at it's finest. No man is greater than another, we are all equal. Doesn't the bible even say so? Or is that one of those oft commented on inaccuracies?
By saying that it is the last in the bag, is obvious I would think. It is usually the position christians and other homophobes take when they have run out of excuses as to why they hate gays. Easy peasy.

Chrono

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Religions are useless now. Everyone can experience "god" first hand. It really pisses me off how some people (like the OP here) spread this hate BS by pointing fingers at other religions. All the mainstream religions have the same core message: Compassion.

Most people need guidance, at first. Once you realize, that there was only this one core idea (which is actually a realization), everything else just becomes completely useless.

Buddhism and Hinduism (for example) offer way more sofisticated cosmological explanations than Christianity ever has.

Creationists, who believe that world was created in seven days a couple of thousand years ago are in my eyes completely retarded. I don't even count them as human beings. Some kind of subrace.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Your post has to be one of the most intelligent religious statements I have read in a while. I feel the same way when it comes to religion and life in general. My belief system changes constantly because I feel that at certain points in my life, there is some religion or other belief system that could best suit me for that part of my life. I do believe in a creator of some sort. I feel that Christianity is a great reference into spirituality. Today, people are very focused on materialism and science to explain everything, and completely throw out spirituality altogether. I believe that both can be used together to create a larger picture of the workings of the universe. I find it funny that a lot of radical Christians think that other groups that don't follow Christianity are automatically the workings of Satan. One example of this is people claiming that 2012 being a time of ascension where our consciousness will evolve is completely satanic without even researching into that group to see what it's all about. I follow that group of people and what I see is nothing but love for all of humanity and the planet and universe we live in. This, I believe is what Christianity should be. Instead, there are people who use it as a means to either gain money or create dissent between people who have other beliefs. I'm not saying that Christianity is bad by any means, but how you use it is what makes it good or bad. I like being very diverse in my beliefs and I look at all sides of something before I make a decision on what I believe. I was raised Catholic growing up, but now I consider myself Agnostic. I like to take the parts of religions and belief systems that ring true to me and that I can take pleasure in following. If the guy down the street disagrees with my beliefs, I don't ridicule him for it. We're all on the same journey, but there are many different paths to take to enlightenment and being closer to God/Creator/whatever. We just have to follow our own path and let others follow theirs.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Ah. Got it . Thank you.

It's difficult for me to articulate the negative opinion I have of many things, including homosexuality. I usually get branded homophobic or a hate-monger or whatever buzzword is popular to call someone who doesn't think being gay is great.

I say, live and let live. But no doubt someone will flame (no pun intended) me for my opinions. Oh well.

I see what you mean that there are those that use "religion" to their own nefarious ends. To justify some action of theirs. I feel helpless and angry when I see people using the Name of my God to attack others.

It is one thing to have an opinion, it's totally another when one attacks another verbally or physically to declare one's own "righteous" position.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join