It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

saw disclosure today, watched 'knowing' ;)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
i got 'knowing' from netflix today and watched it

Somehow i feel thats as close to disclosure you can get

I bet the preachers will be up in revolt in a few days lol

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by hisshadow

Good movie that one!

I'd like to think that if we're all screwed, someone would take care of the kids lol.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Yeah from what I've seen around these forums a lot of ATS'ers didn't like the movie, which surprised me...I liked it a lot though. ending...
, It was obviously meant to be realistic in a sense with the angelic wings, if you caught that.

But I'd have to agree that's basically how I see it, unless we're totally #ed we're way to underdeveloped (mentally/technologically, and more) for us to make contact yet. I'd guess only 3-5% of humanity is mentally prepared for such an event. But I do think it's totally up to us when it happens

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
lucky for us, they won't give us any fore warning

lol

you'll just be mowing the lawn one day and poof

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cawzz
Yeah from what I've seen around these forums a lot of ATS'ers didn't like the movie, which surprised me

While I enjoyed the movie for its entertainment value, it did have one big plot hole which prevented the movie from making sense.

The movie implied nothing or said nothing about these aliens having time travel capabilities but they must have had this technology because how else would these aliens know the future. How could they give 50 years of accidents to the girl to write down if they did not have time travel?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
That would be implied by them being angels...... afterall, they gave john revelations 2000 years ago

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by hisshadow

you'll just be mowing the lawn one day and poof

Ironically enough, seems to be the way its gonna happen. There is no preparing humans to this; it would be like a NWO threat. Our everyday reality already has the best of us.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I think that there isn't much that we need to do to be "prepared."

2-5%? Too low and to be honest, people know but they haven't discovered that they know quite yet.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I watched this movie and it brought back a lot of stuff for me from my past. All of these things that it spoke of in the end are things that I was told would happen (over 20 years ago ) There are those of us who have been contacted from the time of us being young children and we have been told of what will happen one day. Not a date not the time but of the the happenings and I am not looking forward to it. The destruction is not going to be so immediate unfortunately and if there are others who could really relate to this movie I would love to hear from you.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
You guys have no Idea on how close some of those events are like the wispering, or connecting on a soul level to the person from their ship, when I sense one close all I do is feel a tug or a deep pull in the middle of my solar plexus and I go outside to look around, its like they are communicating to the inside of our bodies. Yes people, some crafts are your own people communicating to you.

The more evolved you become in your awareness of what is, the more interesting it gets.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by menguard

I agree. My wife and I watched the movie last night. We were both impressed.

The whispering is very similar to something I experience. I think a lot of people do, my hearing loss just makes it easier for me to notice it.

I am not Christian, but I liked the bible imagery. It was a great way to build the story and imply the back story.

BTW, that was by far one of the most awesome space ships in the history of scifi!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I don't know about disclosure. People are saying that about a lot of movies these days.

I think maybe instead of Hollywood having insider information and making movies that "disclose", more and more producers, writers etc are coming to sites like ATS and lurking to come up with new ideas to take to the box office (we all know how bland its been lately).

Perhaps there is a ring of some kind of truth in films like these but IMO its more likely that sites like ours provide them with the ideas more often than not.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmpshn81
I watched this movie and it brought back a lot of stuff for me from my past. All of these things that it spoke of in the end are things that I was told would happen (over 20 years ago ) There are those of us who have been contacted from the time of us being young children and we have been told of what will happen one day. Not a date not the time but of the the happenings and I am not looking forward to it. The destruction is not going to be so immediate unfortunately and if there are others who could really relate to this movie I would love to hear from you.

Really? So up until now, up until this thread about the movie called "Knowing", why did you not post this?

Further more, what have you been told will happen?
I'm sure since you have been told already, you are capable of sorting out what has happened and what hasn't happened and can appropriately fill in the rest of us who haven't been told........I'll be awaiting a reply. I want specifics..not "a great earthquake will strike and kill tens of thousands" stuff, because that sort of stuff is already predicted to happen in various locations around the world that have high seismic activity. A no brainer really.

...chop chop, I'm interested to know the disasters that await us in the future.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I honestly havnt even read your post yet. I rented Knowing last night and watched it with my wife. I was in awe when I started to realize who they were and I think theres a lot of thruth to this movie.

I defiantley reccomend watching it if you have not. I'm going to buy it as soon as i take the rental back.

Now, I'll read your post.. Just had to get that out there because I was going to make my own thread about it.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmpshn81

I would like to know what you "know"... Care to elaborate?

Are you saying that you are aware of an ET presence that has informed you that there is goign to be a world wide desruction? Of earth or just humans? Did they give you any idea of when?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
That was a terrible movie. They pulled Indy 4 on us and pretty much the day the earth stood still ripped off. Disclosure what? Just bad Hollywood script. No disclosure will ever happen in your life time. You might as well commit mass suicide and get on that Hale Bob comet spaceship.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

I posted on the other thread, but I must agree! I saw this movie last night, and it was great. But, most intresting... is its almost taken from some members GFL and current Sun issues posts at ATS!

I find it most intresting that many have recently become obsessed with the Sun, monitoring and posting up to the min updates. I guess they watched this movie.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by borrowedname

I wouldn't say it is a literary classic or anything like that, but it was an entertaining movie in my opinion. Just out of curiosity, what about it did you not like?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Knowing is an interesting reinterpretation of biblical events and teachings, but none of it is based on any truth.

It's just some story teller giving everyone a good story; one born from a skewed reading of the Bible. But as far as entertainment goes I won't deny it's a pretty good story. The special effects were pretty good too.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by one_enlightened_mind]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join