It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Akron police investigate teen mob attack on family

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamherefornow

may I ask what is a contributing factor in the problem of your city?
Beins your in the middle of it you know better than most here..

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I find it odd that alot of people are trying to rationalize these kids behavior.

A day or so ago a thread was started about 3 white guys beating up one black guy and you would have thought that these kids were Grand Wizards of the KKK.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

The spell of Politicly Correctness is doing wonders..The sheep don't even know it..

This is a perfect example to show how mezmorized people are..Its sad..

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I think the problem is the increasing number of blacks moving out into the suburbs, as before they were in the poorer areas mostly inner city and the fact of the matter is frankly a lot of them don`t care for white people. We have high unemployment here. Its mostly the uneducated poor blacks that act up, they come from the low income apartments that are in the area. We do have decent black people that live in the community, even they will tell you this particular behaviour by these thugs is appalling.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by HunkaHunka

You seem kinda gullible man, and you also seem to fall all over yourself to kiss the butts of other races and apologize for your whiteness. Does your wife make you feel guilty or something? Not trying to be offensive, just curious as to why you seem to be racist against yourself...

Excuse me? I fall all over myself to attempt to understand the other, and to better understand myself.

What did I ever say which made you think I was racist against myself?

First let's clear things up here. My folks on my fathers side came over from Yorkshire England in 1850 and settled in Illinois where they worked the railroad.
My folks from my mothers side came over in the early 1900's and were bootleggers.

So no, I don't have any "white guilt", as it's referred to. What I do have is an understanding of how society conditions us all to believe that the cause of our ills lay outside of ourself.

We are responsible for the majority of our own subjective experience. No one can ever change that. If you are black, the white man ain't the problem. If you are white, the black man ain't the problem. No matter who you are... the problem, if you have one, is staring at you in the Mirror.

Do I chastise America for ever allowing slavery in the form it took 250 years ago to touch the shores of this land while at the same time declaring that all men are created equal? Yes I do. Why?

Because any idiot can see what pissing off a people or a race of people has as its ramifications. They didn't see this, because as the idiots they were, they were gullible enough to think that Africans were somehow not people. They didn't have the foresight to see the problems they were setting up for their great grandchildren.

If America had never let this greatest of tragedies occur on it's own shores, there would be not even the slightest hint of a moral justification in the minds of these kids.

Granted.. it wasn't America who brought the slaves over. It was the British Colonies who used slaves. But once the framers of our constitution declared all men to be created equal, except for the slaves, they crossed the Rubicon. There was no going back.

I understand the thinking that went into that, but it was because of them that we have not only the great things in our country today, but also some of the wretched things.

If you somehow think that admonishing the framers of our constitution for this oversight is somehow racist against myself, you are a lunatic.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I think you can stop pushing the slave thing. Nobody is buying that defense. If a person can show me scars from whips and shackles then I would understand them being angry at the white folk.

Until then the only reason they feel the need for entitlement is because their mommas and daddies taught them to act that way.

"Obama is going to pay for my gas and rent"

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
A generation of kids that believe they are a product of chance vs. special creation. SO what else should we expect from people that think they are animals.....should we expect them to act human?

Take the creator out of a child's life and all hell breaks loose.

I blame society, the parents, the evolutionists and their brainwashing.

[edit on 9/7/09 by John Matrix]

So, let me get this strait. You think that because religion with it's centuries of oppression and murder in the name of whatever friend in the sky you choose is now "Missing" from the daily lives of these kids that that is why they are going around in gangs and beating people for being a different race than them?

You are wrong, and that is all anyone should have to say on that matter, cause religion does not teach tolerence.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm so tired of crimes being labeled. A crime is a crime, cut & dry. If I were this family, I would simply be happy with the fact that I could bring up charges of harrassment, strong-arm tactics, etc. I also wish they would abolish anything related to minorities. There aren't any more minorities ~ except for the American Indians!!!!! Get rid of Affirmative Action. We have a black prez now, so all "minorities" should suck it up & stop assuming they're being held back. Wasn't Bill Cosby the one who told blacks to stop holding themselves back & start acting like intelligent humans instead of thugs??

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Afterthought]

link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Excuse me? I fall all over myself to attempt to understand the other, and to better understand myself.

The way you were thanking that poster for posting blatant BS lies about YOUR people, against YOU, in order to justify his/her hatred of YOUR people/YOU.

Do I chastise America for ever allowing slavery in the form it took 250 years ago to touch the shores of this land while at the same time declaring that all men are created equal? Yes I do. Why?

I don't know, they're all dead.

link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Indeed I am glad to be out of that state.. Ironically, in the race riots, the only buildings and businesses burned to the ground by blacks, were owned by blacks.
A lot of Cincinnati's problems arise from the Gov subsidizing living for blacks to move into "upper middle class neighborhoods" which ultimately leads to more racial rifts developing.

The akron story is sadly not surprising, the idiot of a man lives in a state that protects the right to carry weapons at all times, and he didn't have one to protect his family.

the victims were white, and thus nothing will come of this story. No one will be arrested, no one will be condemned, we won't hear a word from "civil rights leaders" and the city will try and push the story under a rug.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

The Dutch brought the first slaves, actually.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

Do you know where the culture of entitlement comes from? Having people tell you aren't worthy all your life. It comes from the over bearing parents, it comes from both parents working, it comes from religion, it comes from politics, it comes from everything we have around us.

Now if you teach kids that they are responsible for their own happiness and that BLAME doesn't exist because we are ultimately our own authority... you can mitigate the entirety of the environmental factors.

If you are the only one responsible for your reality, then life is MUCH easier
[edit on 9-7-2009 by HunkaHunka]

No the culture of entitlement is bred into a culture and becomes the accepted and expected norm.

Yep... and how is it bred into a culture? I say it's authoritarianism which removes ones sense of authority. The same thing happened in Judea during the Roman occupation. They really hated it when someone spoke with their own authority.. they even went so far as crucifying them.

Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime. Give a man a fish everyday for a lifetime and he will breed children who also expect to have fish given to them every day for a lifetime.

Ok... so could you explain to me why the actions of the poor and impoverished somehow come from having fish given to them?

I just don't get that. Typically when you have stuff given to you , you are apathetic, not violent (unless you also don't have meaning in your life). It's the internal sense of frustration which leads to outward violence.

Kinda odd that eh? I grew up in a very very poor area of the country... not impoverished mind you, but poor. Every one of those people had the same sense of "entitlement" you are talking about, but it came about not because they had stuff given to them, but because they had authority taken away from them from their "know it all" parents.

I know every inch of personal will was beat out of me by my own father. Thank god he died when I was 17, or else I would probably never have found my own sense of authority. With him, might meant right. He didn't use a belt, he punched you in the face if he didn't like what you said. And HE did this because he hated his life, but lived it because he felt he was "supposed to".

When I left home, I never knew how do to all the normal things like cleaning house, keeping stuff straight, and living a good life because while I grew up the reason to do it was "because I said so". And in absence of someone saying so... it doesn't get done. I had to relearn all of this myself. I had to learn that I'm all there is. There is no one else to blame... and that includes trying to blame those who have a sense of entitlement.

You were on the right track with the "teach kids they are responsible" thing. Instead they are being taught that everyone else is responsible for them.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

The Dutch brought the first slaves, actually.

Thank God I'm not dutch! :-)

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

The way you were thanking that poster for posting blatant BS lies about YOUR people, against YOU, in order to justify his/her hatred of YOUR people/YOU.

I don't have a people... sorry, but that's just a fact. I know others may not see it that way, but I sure do.

I don't know, they're all dead.

That doesn't mean we can't learn from their mistakes.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Obviously it was a racial attack. I'm curious if the feelings of the victims about black people have been changed as a result of their beating?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
These attacking kids were acting like animals and may very well until they meet an animal's end.

But, we are all ( as groups ) acting like animals... and that's a dead end.

If you put three rats in a barrel and come back in a week- there will be two skeletons and a mummy. This, I'm sad to say, is where we are.

Now resources appear to be drying up and soon we will be in the bottom of the barrel. Or or kids will be.

Looks like if we're going to evolve, then we better do it quick... or pray.
Or, just file your teeth real real sharp.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

Slaves to those ancient africans was entirely different from what you speak off. It's like comparing a model-T car to 2009 Mustang...Yes they are both cars but entirely different as well. If you don't want to take my word on it, then read a history book about the Sub-Saharan Africans and how they treated their "slaves". Being a "slave" wasn't really a slave.

Back then if a slave master mistreated his slaves, the slave had every right to outright kill him. And masters where required to take good care of his slaves, as it reflected on him, the best owners took the best care of their slaves..Interesting to say the least.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by cenpuppie]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
if you attempted to confront these thugs in my neighborhood you would have the crap beat out of you or be killed, I have a bullet hole in my front porch from one of them toting a gun around and playing with it, a 9mm hole, the police knew who it was and did nothing because no saw him actaully fire the gun.
Its true what the one guy said about the government moving the blacks out into the upper middle class neighborhoods and creating the racial rifts. I grew up here in Columbus, in this part of town and we never had this problem until they put bus lines and low income apartments out here.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
All I can tell from this article is...

This guys friend got "blind sided" and came to his defense. I'd like to hear from the friend. There might have been history there...probably not..but the guy who got hit first for no reason is strangely silent in the reporting.

Regardless...yes it "seems" racially motivated. It should be investigated and if it turns out to be racially motivated then they can call it a hate crime.

All the same, like usuall topics like these are a beacon for racist posters on ATS. It's silly and exhuasting.

My favorite posting so far is "why do you hate your own race" or "own people"...It's like I am watching some cheesy White Supremist recruiting video.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This is crazy! Who cares if they were black or white or red or green. I celebrated the 4th with my wife and two toddlers, my parents, my brother and his wife, and my best friend and his girlfriend.

If any group of people came and attacked us, they would have been beaten, bound, and arrested. If that challenge became too difficult, they would have been shot dead! All the men present at my BBQ are licensed to carry concealed weapons. All the men present would not have hesitated to use their weapons in defense of their families!!

These type of things happen when people become victims. There will always be roving gangs looking for victims. Even if there were no racial issues, there would still be criminials. If there are no criminals, there are coyotes, snakes, and rabid raccoons! I always have a weapon nearby, and it just seems like good sense.

Let me add, if my family were overwhelmed, if an innocent member of my family were killed in this type of attack, I would spend the rest of my life seeking vengeance on any known associates of those responsible! I would make sure it were entirely too dangerous to associate with that group ever again! The defense of my family does not stop at my front door, and it does not stop once the police have come and gone. It only stops once all the danger is removed from existence!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join