It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Akron police investigate teen mob attack on family

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
reply to post by Hazelnut

I'm also from Columbus and used to live on High street when I was attending OSU. Go Buckeyes!

I have to agree about race relations here. My school sponsored an event called "Black Heritage festival" and a few years ago invited the Black Israelites. These guys had a stage in the middle of campus (The Oval) and were calling fore the enslavement of whites and saying they would spill our blood when the time came. All this drew huge applause from a huge crowd of students. Even some of the white students were applauding!

That was my wake up call.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Wimbly]

Is it a "liberal" school?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Frankly, white apologist simply astound me such as one poster above blaming 'slavery' for the actions of ill-raised, culturally enabled hoodlums.

While aware that is the easy, safe and oh-so-PC answer it is also totally bogus in every real world way and, with irony, a typical white leftist fallback answer .

Half of my young 'brothas' acting in this manner have little working knowledge of anything outside of their tiny drug-and-thug hoods, let alone anything of a historical nature. These thugs were born mostly in the late 1980's through the early 1990's. Trust me, I work and deal with them every working day . They aren't acting out due to events from 150 years ago or even events from 40 years ago. Poverty and/or a cruel society isnt driving them. These criminals are simply NOT by-products of white racism or discrimination regardless of how far back one wants to seek for intangible 'roots' for the problem.

To the 'slavery blamers' I asked you to please look beyond conditioned liberal white guilt and try to consider what 30 years of working with 'my people' in inner cities has taught me:

"IT'S THE CULTURE OF ENTITLEMENT, STUPID!!"

Its the way merit and responsibility for ones own actions has been replaced in the black community (and YES, it once was there) by the sickening 'you are a victim and therefore can act in any atrocious manner and get by with it with no real consequence' attitude.

Edited for clarity and tone

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Clark Savage Jr.]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by Retseh
We have allowed black racism to go unchecked, while we grind even the slightest hint of white racism into the dirt.

We allowed this to happen.

You mean by enslaving thousands of Africans while at the same time claiming that "all men are created equal"?

I think you are right...

I don't think you're going to find any white folks in America that believe slavery is okay.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by RolandBrichter

I disagree with that. I do have a very strong idea of personal liberty.
Just because you own a gun doesnt mean you understand it better than me.
I will hopefully go through my whole life without ever seeing up close or handling a gun.
I like the idea of that.

Good luck with that.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Clark Savage Jr.

Do you know where the culture of entitlement comes from? Having people tell you aren't worthy all your life. It comes from the over bearing parents, it comes from both parents working, it comes from religion, it comes from politics, it comes from everything we have around us.

Now if you teach kids that they are responsible for their own happiness and that BLAME doesn't exist because we are ultimately our own authority... you can mitigate the entirety of the environmental factors.

If you are the only one responsible for your reality, then life is MUCH easier

[edit on 9-7-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Here is the solution to all gang based assaults.

Buy a TMP.

fc04.deviantart.com...

www.scottsdalegunclub.com...

I am going to get one! Go self defense!

I wish there were never such a thing as "race". Bah. So stupid all of it is.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
This is what happens when you give ANY minority the free-power to do what they want. Hitler had the right idea in wanting to create the perfect Aryan race because then none of this rubbish would be happening, and any minorities that survived after WW2 would have been in fear of the gas chambers if they dared step a foot wrong.
Now the table has turned and the White Man has noone to fight his/her just cause again, the only punishable deterrant to this crime would be to find those responsible (all 50) and stick a bullet in their heads.

I don't know where to start.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
A similar thing was occurring in Philadelphia last month. They apparently organized the "riot" via Twitter. I hope this kind of insanity doesn't spread all over the country.

philly teen riot

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

You mean by enslaving thousands of Africans while at the same time claiming that "all men are created equal"?

I think you are right...

Eh....

African Slave traders enslaved Africans and sold them off. That, and I'm pretty sure no-one in America today enslaved anyone.

I'm Irish, my ancestors fought in the Union Army during the Civil War. Yes it's true, My ancestor literally, got off the boat, was forced to sign up in the Union army. The US government made him a slave, in order to free slaves. Oh the hypocritical irony.

No one in America had it worse than the Irish, no one. Do we run around drunk as a skunk beating people with a sack of potatoes screaming about how hard we had it?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DisentionX

I feel you aint seen nothing yet brother..When this super flu starts backing up hospitals this fall and winter,someones gonna feel that they have been disenfranchised and riots will follow..

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

If you were the victim of an armed home invasion which happens here in the US and you had no guns to at least give you a chance, the police would be body bagging you and your family by the time they got there.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

A few gunshots and some dead scumbags would show the assailants that attacking people at random is wrong.
Now Obama wants your guns, just imagine what they will do once we are all disarmed.
Soon people will come here and write that we are wrong to be angry over this and that guns or slavery are the cause of this hate even though those low life’s have probably never worked a day in their lives.

All I can say to the Obama loving gun grabbers is that I will defend my family and my property against attacks like these.
I will make sure that the threat has been COMPLETELY neutralized.

You will see more abuse by Blacks on Whites and Hispanics as Obama gets bolder and more power hungry, they are going to start the race war that the left has been whining about.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth

I think you are right...

Eh....

African Slave traders enslaved Africans and sold them off. That, and I'm pretty sure no-one in America today enslaved anyone.

I'm Irish, my ancestors fought in the Union Army during the Civil War. Yes it's true, My ancestor literally, got off the boat, was forced to sign up in the Union army. The US government made him a slave, in order to free slaves. Oh the hypocritical irony.

No one in America had it worse than the Irish, no one. Do we run around drunk as a skunk beating people with a sack of potatoes screaming about how hard we had it?

Uhm.... can you say IRA?

LOL... I can't believe that.... The Irish (and I'm one too) are one of the most noted ethnic groups which engage in violence out of a sense of retribution.

Today though in America you are hard pressed to find "Irish communities" or people who are still being discriminated against because they are "Irish". We had our Irish President... of course they shot him too.

I don't remember ever being turned away from something because I was Irish. Although, my father in-law who is Black has a gazillion stories of growing up during segregation.

I'll tell you who has it rough in America today... People who can think who happen to live in small towns.... I pity those folks...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by glock19

Not definitely, but possibly.
You could be walking down the sidewalk tomorrow and get hit by a drunk driver. Dead.
Whats your point?
Bad things happen.
Could i save my family from death if i have a gun...maybe.
I could also condemn them to death if i had a gun.

I live in a nice area where these things are very rare. Ill take my chances.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Ahhh the wonderful racial double standard rears its ugly head. Hal Turner has been going on about this for years, yet it's considered 'racist' or 'hateful' to mention it.

Kinda like at university I almost didn't get a seat in a course due to 'reserved seating' for 'certain coloured people'. After a bit of a battle I got in, and surpise surprise the seats were not even used up by the people they were reserved for. Absolutely disgusting. First in first served, get off ya ass - because getting it moved around for you doesn't help in the real world. "But they're disadvantaged, poor people". Bullcrap. I know of plenty of white/brown/black/orange/maroon/purple people who have come from extrememly unfortunate situations, whom are now supporting themselves. They have successful business ventures or careers - all it takes is self motivation, respect for yourself and to not be lazy.

As all of my mates (including a few multi ethnic background mates) agree, there is good in all races and creeds, it's the scum (like the ones in this story) that make the rest look like idiots. What is required of the groups particularly experiencing these issues is family leadership, community leadership, a sense of pride in ones race for its differences and strengths. Use that strength and pride in a positive way to provide role models especially for the youth and misguided (young)adults of today. Give them something belong to that's not 'westside', 'ms13' or 'obamas storm troopers' etc.

[edit on 9/7/09 by GhostR1der]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I blame a LARGE part of American society's ills and the proliferation of violent crime on the moronic legal system and the morons who write the laws. There should be flat-out zero tolerance for violent crime. I read a recent article in the newspaper about a 32-year old man who violently assaulted another man because he thought the guy said something derogatory about his girlfriend. The assailant and his girlfriend were sitting in a car in an apartment parking lot. The thug who was "defending his girlfriend's honor" beat the guy to the ground and kicked and stomped him in the head. Turns out the victim was a mentally challenged maintenance worker at the apartment complex. Witnesses said the victim walked by the car and told the woman "It's hot today." The goon thought he said something else and attacked him.

The assailant had a criminal record which included 5 convictions for assault and battery, starting at age 17. As a kid, he spent time in a juvenile lockup for assorted sociopathic mis-adventures. In 2004, he had a felony assault charge for which he was supposed to have served 3 years in prison, but got out after 15 months. The article went on to say that for this recent assault, he was sentenced to seven years and will probably serve four. See what I mean?

Bottom line....If I ran things, I'd impose fines, restitution penalties and otherwise enforce the laws accordingly for non-violent crimes, but, GOD HELP YOU if you perpetrate any kind of assault upon an innocent person(s) or animal(s). The guy in the example I used would never have been released after his 2nd assault. 3 strikes and you are done! ...Regardless of your skin color, religious beliefs, troubled upbringing, or 'state of mind' at the time you chose to commit your crime.

Use some of my taxes to build more prisons, or release some of those nasty marijuana fiends to free up some room for these violent, sub-human pieces of s*** that like to go around preying on the innocent. Lock 'em up! Don't let 'em out!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Do you know where the culture of entitlement comes from? Having people tell you aren't worthy all your life. It comes from the over bearing parents, it comes from both parents working, it comes from religion, it comes from politics, it comes from everything we have around us.

Now if you teach kids that they are responsible for their own happiness and that BLAME doesn't exist because we are ultimately our own authority... you can mitigate the entirety of the environmental factors.

The answer to the question of "Who's fault is it?" is always "MINE".

With respect, and you are always well meaning in your postings in my opinion(even though I disagree with most) ,but the reality as I see it on the streets is that the environs criminalize only those that let it do so. And in every case those criminals see themselves as former 'victims' turned pop-culture alpha males entitled to take what they want because such behavior is glamorized in trash such as gangsta rap and other cultural indicators not just in the black community but in society as a whole.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The Cleveland Metro Area is one of the most racist places on the planet. If I walk into the Cleveland Greyhound station, they drag me into a back office and torture me. When I limp to the police station and tell them what happened, they say that they can do what they want, because I fit a description since I'm a black dude, and that a white chic said that a black dude said something she didn't like.

If I walk into Reserve Square, they push me out and block the door and threaten to escalate the situation further. If I go in the Gallery, they run up with guns drawn threatening to blow my brains out. If I walk into Tower City, they run up with guns and batons yelling to get out.

The first day I stepped off the Greyhound into Cleveland, I had a security guard with a gun in my face.

If I walk into Fat Fish Blue, I wait 30 minutes. Everyone besides me gets served. Mind you that I've got at least 30 grand in the bank. Still no service. If I walk into Superior Restaurant, as I'm standing at the counter, the guy just serves the folks coming in behind me. They just don't serve young black Americans around here.

Walking down the street, it's doesn't surprise me to see cops or security guards beating a defenseless black American to death, blood all over the place. I turn to the guy next to me and say "Hey, why don't you tell someone?" Hey, and he comes with a good answer, which is that he's scared. Cleveland is a scary place for a black American. There's no where to run and there's nowhere to hide. They're just simply going to get you one day. There's nothing you can do about it.

If I walk into the office at work, walking up the stairs, past the security guard doing his "rounds" (Every place in Cleveland has security guards with guns, even my apartment building... the place is on total lockdown), he says "hi". So I nod my head. That's never enough for these "security guards", so he goes crazy! His eyes get bloodshot red, shoots his arm in the air, turns back again and shouts "HI!" at the top of his lungs, hoping to catch a "terrorist" or some garbage because he nodded instead of saying "hi".

Same thing walking into the grocery store. The security guard grabs his gun and says "hi", so I nod my head. The grocery store security guard starts trippin', gets in position to grab me, and starts shouting "HI!" at the top of his lungs. On the way out he tries pull an entrapment trick by grabbing the shopping carts and shouting "HI!" at the top of his lungs over and over, his other hand on his gun, his face blood red.

Same thing walking into the Greyhound Station (I don't go there any more). This time he smiles as I'm walking in. I nod my head, but again, it's not enough. He didn't smile back so he runs in after me. I show him everything he asks for, ticket, id, everything. He and his friend, both with guns, still drag me into a back office and dump everything in my pockets on the floor (they drag me into a back office whenever I go in there and either torture me or do this).

Now, as far as 50 angry black Americans... that doesn't surprise me much. We're talking about one of the worse places as far as tolerance in America. I mean, of course black Americans are angry. After reading about the stuff that I experience here, you could imagine that I'm angry.

As I walk into work (in Cleveland), I get the ultimate silent treatment. I'm the invisible man. When a white dude walks in, it's the ultimate in pandemonium. All you hear celebration coming from that direction.

Cleveland is the worst of the worst.

As far as folks that don't know a thing about the Cleveland Metro area coming to ATS and with a "let's get them black folks" mentality, I say lets do this. I'm tired reading skin headed comments on You Tube and ATS and you name it.

There should be a decisive, end all battle. Put the folks in the "there's no racism in America" camp on one side (including the black Americans that think this), and the folks that are sick and tired of it all on the other, and let's finish it. The loser faces annihilation.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by MegaCurious]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I agree with you...

I think it's really about learning, and teaching to remember what you point out. That we are ultimately responsible for own happiness and that no one is to blame for our issues.

I have a different twist though... I say.. I am God, which means that I am the only one responsible for my reality, no religious authority, no political authority, no social authority.

And when I feel that way, I no longer have hate in my heart, and stop projecting my own phantasms on others.

I think we are in agreement ultimately. We are just going about it slightly differently.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
S&F

This just goes to show the fear that has been instilled in TPTB by people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. If they call it a hate crime against the white man, then they are being racist towards a group of "minority" teenagers. This too will come to a head sooner or later.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join