It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Akron police investigate teen mob attack on family

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This is why I'm happy to be living in Atlanta.

We are so mixed down here it's amazing. My wife and I can't live anywhere else in this country without getting inappropriate looks or comments from others.

Don't get me wrong, there is racism down here, but we are so economically mixed the economy isn't a "dividing line" between races.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

We're really intermixed in Ohio too. At least, in Columbus we are. I have a community of Somalians living right next to me. Thats why the growing racism is perplexing.

I gotta say though, those Somalians are a really racist bunch. They ave a special kind of hatred for American blacks. Its weird.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I dont like the way his first reaction was to arm himself with a gun. Maybe its because im not from the USA but that type of idea just scares me.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by serenesupreme
And to RolandBrichter, there is always a better alternative than putting a bullet into someone (If that's what you are implying) because that leaves no chance for reformation which everyone should be entitled to.

What I'm implying is that we ALL have an intrinsic right to defend ourselves...if anyone attacks me or my family or anyone in my presence with overwhelming force, the only thing "they" are entitled to is an untimely death

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
We have allowed black racism to go unchecked, while we grind even the slightest hint of white racism into the dirt.

We allowed this to happen.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Uneducated people will always attract similar followers regardless of race color or creed

Obviously this was a racist attack on the family.

I care not what if they are black, white, yellow, or green, its a racist crime.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
I dont like the way his first reaction was to arm himself with a gun. Maybe its because im not from the USA but that type of idea just scares me.

It scares you because you have no earthly idea of what personal liberty is...my heart truly hurts for you...

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
"Hate crimes" can only be committed by white people. More specifically, white Christians. Any crime motivated by race, color, creed, sex or religion against a white Christian is simply just an ordinary crime. In other words, All men are created equal, except for white Christians - they deserve much more harsh punishment under the law and no protections under the law.
It's alot like affirmative action... you, as an employer, are welcome to hire the most qualified person for the job - unless a lesser qualified black person applies, then it's discrimination.

I am so sick and tired of this touchy-feely, diversity s**t. It hasn't helped a thing - it's only created a whole new set of problems.

Here in Cleveland about 2 years ago, a gang of black kids attacked a white guy while he was out on a jog. Witnesses heard the kids yelling racial slurs at him as they beat him, stomped him and struck him with sticks and bats. But... it wasn't a hate crime. Nope! Beating up a "Cracker" because he's a "Cracker" seems to be tolerable under the law for some reason. They were charged and found guilty of felonious assault and robbery without a hate crime charge.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Organized by the police?

Please elaborate.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
We have allowed black racism to go unchecked, while we grind even the slightest hint of white racism into the dirt.

You mean by enslaving thousands of Africans while at the same time claiming that "all men are created equal"?

I think you are right...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Get ready for a role reversal white people. This is what black people that do this want. They don't want equality they want revenge on whitey for what happened in our unforgettable history not to long ago. Its sad because I thought we were working toward a country that does not see color.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

I disagree with that. I do have a very strong idea of personal liberty.
Just because you own a gun doesnt mean you understand it better than me.
I will hopefully go through my whole life without ever seeing up close or handling a gun.
I like the idea of that.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Most (at least half) Americans are already armed but only a small percentage of Americans have a CCW. If a majority of Americans would carry a concealed weapon, events like this would be minimal, at best.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This is all because no one teaches their children to have authority.

Parents strip their children of any sense of their own authority which leaves a power vacuum in the mind of the child and typically leads them to act out in their world.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Screw what your parents say, screw what your religion says, screw what ANYONE says... be your own God... and you won't have any desire to lash out at others, because you will be taking responsibility for your own life.

My favorite line from my favorite rapper KRS-ONE

"The white man could be the devil all day, that's the LEAST!
What are you doing for yourself Black Man?
Trying hard to be the original man?
Who? The first man on the first land with the first plan and the first tan?
WHO GIVES A DAMN?"

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

You mean by enslaving thousands of Africans while at the same time claiming that "all men are created equal"?

I think you are right...

"We" didn't enslave anyone, people a few hundred years ago did and now they are dead and gone.

I swear I am tired of being accused of owning slaves.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

I think you are right...

"We" didn't enslave anyone, people a few hundred years ago did and now they are dead and gone.

I swear I am tired of being accused of owning slaves.

Not only that, it was Africans who inslaved Africans. Euro's purchased slaves. Not that it's right, but if they want to focus their energy on someone or some place, they should look at the place that did the enslaving.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

I believe it was Ray Bradbury who wrote a short story prophetic of the end of white people and the eventual murder of all white people all over the world.

White people have been painted as the 'villain ' for at least a century or two and have, in some cases acted very, very badly. We could consider the present wars led by the US and the UK in the Middle East as such an evil but we would not be them looking at the 'black' wars taking place in Africa which are equally Evil!

The slavery story is used to defame all white people and the fact that millions of white people have also been bought and sold in slavery for centuries upon centuries also gets absolutely NO exposure so that people cannot make a balanced judgment.

So, are the White race doomed.

I hope not, but very few people in the world, less than 5% actually use their mind for independent thinking, therefore, they tend to believe anything that the Powers that Be put before them.
We should not immeadiately consider ourselves doomed, but I think it is going to be a rough ride.

There appears, in the UK for instance, to only be human rights in the workplace for black, ethnic minorities, women, pregnant women and disabled people.

The white able bodied male and white female are unable to achieve equal status with the other 'catergories' of persons and resentments are already building.

link   

I think you are right...

So, are you saying that what our country did to them years ago makes it okay for them to do this kind of thing now? I hope I misunderstood you.

link   

reply to post by RolandBrichter

I disagree with that. I do have a very strong idea of personal liberty.
Just because you own a gun doesnt mean you understand it better than me.
I will hopefully go through my whole life without ever seeing up close or handling a gun.
I like the idea of that.

And it is my wish that you never have to...but if you are not armed (it doesn't have to be a firearm), you are at the mercy of those around you....you rely on others to live in the simplest sense. That is in no way liberty....

If your loved ones came under attack I doubt you would rely on your philosophy to save them...

The human race would no longer exist if they adopted your pacifist philosophy...maybe that is what you really want?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join