It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Akron police investigate teen mob attack on family

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
A generation of kids that believe they are a product of chance vs. special creation. SO what else should we expect from people that think they are animals.....should we expect them to act human?

Take the creator out of a child's life and all hell breaks loose.

I blame society, the parents, the evolutionists and their brainwashing.

[edit on 9/7/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
At the end of the day it comes down to this.
You would kill to protect your family.
I would die to protect them.

You can't protect your family when you're dead. If somebody attacks your family with a gun, and you don't have one, you're dead and your family is at the mercy of the person that killed you. But after you die and your wife and children are possibly raped and murdered as well, and all your belongings are in the hands of the person that did all that to you and your family, you will die with the satisfaction of knowing that you took the "high road". Good for you. That road is not for me, I'd feel much greater satisfaction looking over the mutilated body of the person who interrupted MINE and MY family's life, to try and destroy it.

On topic: this is a racially motivated hate crime, just about all violent crime comes from hate, but that was a racist hate crime. There is no "reverse" racism, it's all racism...and I agree with the poster earlier about the AK...

[edit on 9-7-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

I Can sense the emotionality in your post. I can also sense your frustration as you attempt to deal with what's happening in your city.

Thanks for sharing it in a thoughtful way. I understand the last two paragraphs are from a sense of frustration, but I think you did a great job of explaining why many black adults are angry.

The issue we are facing now though, is that our youngsters (on all sides) are now taking this as an opportunity to lash out at others. I don't believe these youths in Akron, or the white youths in Canada last week were reacting out of a sense of anger that you are experiencing.

I think that youth is looking for meaning in an apparently meaningless world. The economy is sucking right now, and their usual way of acquiring meaning, via materialism, isn't there anymore.

As for your own situation... you are a better man than I to endure that without blowing up (and I realize there are forces which stop that)... I recommend you move south to Atlanta if at all possible.

Thanks for your post.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
As a resident of Akron I hope I can shed some light on the matter. One of the primary reasons the article was written in the way it was is because "ohio.com" is actually the website for our local paper, the Akron Beacon Journal. Akron itself is a crime ridden city that has fallen like so many cities in the midwest that were primarily financed by big businesses. Goodyear is about all that's left around here, and even then it pales in comparison to what it was 30-40 years ago.

As far as the Beacon goes, this kind of thing happens all the time. Some of the worst stories are covered up/repressed for a few days, and even when they are released they are barely covered and usually buried behind other articles, namely articles that make Akron either look good or at least draw attention to it, vis-a-vis the recent attempt to recall our mayor. Why is this? Because this city has a horrible reputation that is on par with the east side of Cleveland, and worse if you are familiar with the drug background in Ohio. Summit County is the leading producer of meth in the state, and Akron is basically the castle at the top of the hill.

Crime extends beyond drugs though. There is a dynamic crime map on the web somewhere that shows where all reported incidents occured. Robberies are a dime a dozen, shootings are a weekly happening... etc. I live in one of the few neighborhoods left that aren't subject to the whims of gang violence, but even then things aren't great around here. Like all poverty stricken cities, our police forces are stretched too thin... that and they are also somewhat focused around the local University, which is about the only reason people still care about this city.

Race related crimes happen, sure, but more often than not the crime around here is more gang/drug related than anything (which may also be why the article was reluctant to add race crime to the list of offenses this city holds). I'm not surprised by what happened in the article, nor am I surprised that it was covered up like so many other stories. As others have said in this thread, it's not as if the tensions are centered here. Most big cities are teeming with underprivileged minorities... SOME of whom are inclined to crime more often than not. I honestly don't see the issue being solved any time soon, as no one is willing to invest in these places because of the risk.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Condescending Dogma]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Are you sure that you live in Cleveland? Because I do and the majority of what you say is false or highly exaggerated.

Tower City is dead. It only serves as train and bus hub these days. Tower City Security guards do not carry guns. They have acted to keep the teen/under 18years old loitering down. The same loitering and subsequent fighting that killed Tower City in the first place.

The Galleria is dead. No one shops there anymore. Cleveland is desperately clinging to anything that they have left downtown. Without a few restaurants and bars there would be nothing.

I think your attitude is walking about ten paces ahead of you.

Cleveland is a black friendly town. Just ask mayor Jackson and the majority of city council.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by jibeho]

[edit on 9-7-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I have to call BS on your "personal accounts", if that kind of treatment were as commonplace as you are claiming, it would be all over the MSM and it would be WELL documented on CNN's "Black in America" and "up from a past". Being white, I've NEVER in my 32 years on this planet seen that kind of blatant discrimination with my own eyes. You either have an overactive, paranoid imagination, or you are just making it up completely to try and justify your racism against whites. If that crap is really true, you should strap on a hidden camera JUST ONCE out of ALL the times this happens to you, and sue the crap out of those businesses and security firms. Problem is it doesn't happen.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

You seem kinda gullible man, and you also seem to fall all over yourself to kiss the butts of other races and apologize for your whiteness. Does your wife make you feel guilty or something? Not trying to be offensive, just curious as to why you seem to be racist against yourself...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I have been to Cleveland, and I do believe you are lying. While I will agree that some blacks have been beating in the end the beaters go to jail. I went to a Browns-Bengals game there last years. And was attacked by four black men, (not because I was wearing a Bengals jersey, Cause I wasn’t) but because I happened to take a wrong turn and ended up in the hood. I am a big dude but 5 on 1 aren’t good odds for anyone. Luckily enough for me 2 black cops happen to stop it before we killed each other. Not 2 white cops but 2 black cops.

As far as you wanting a race war, why there is no point in killing each other. We have to learn to get along and find away to bring hope and education into the inner cities (which by the way are populated with whites to.) You give a man a fish he eats for a day. You teach a man to fish he eats for a life time. That’s what we need to do but as long as people want to continue this petty race crap its not going to end good for any of us.

and By the way Mr. want a race war there are still more whites in this country then there are blacks more whites who dominate in the military, why would you want to go up against a group of Americans who are heavily armed and can shoot a gun right, (not sideways) outnumber you and have tactical expertise? It doesn’t make since you would loose, It makes more since for us to bury the hate and educate our people so we all can have a better life and share in the American dream.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
Can you guys take the gun debate elsewhere?

Two lines.

Ummmm....lemme think about that.....how 'bout NO

The debate has direct relevance to the story...the victim himself brought it up..

Sorry if you're offended, chief...some subjects outweigh your personal preference for thread content....

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I feel bad for the family involved here and I feel worse for our country.

The article mentions that this guy Mr. Marshall is worried about paying for his medical bills. I, for one, plan to see what I can do to help.

A house divided cannot stand.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Do you know where the culture of entitlement comes from? Having people tell you aren't worthy all your life. It comes from the over bearing parents, it comes from both parents working, it comes from religion, it comes from politics, it comes from everything we have around us.

Now if you teach kids that they are responsible for their own happiness and that BLAME doesn't exist because we are ultimately our own authority... you can mitigate the entirety of the environmental factors.

If you are the only one responsible for your reality, then life is MUCH easier
[edit on 9-7-2009 by HunkaHunka]

No the culture of entitlement is bred into a culture and becomes the accepted and expected norm. Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime. Give a man a fish everyday for a lifetime and he will breed children who also expect to have fish given to them every day for a lifetime.

You were on the right track with the "teach kids they are responsible" thing. Instead they are being taught that everyone else is responsible for them.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Why is this happening in our day and age?

Hate is so pointless. When are people going to see this?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jar11
Why is this happening in our day and age?

Hate is so pointless. When are people going to see this?

Pointless yes...but it is the human condition

Dr Seuss' books are genius....

From "Sneetches"

"That day they decided that Sneetches are Sneetches And no kind of Sneetch is the best on the beaches. That day, all the Sneetches forgot about stars And whether they had one, or not, upon thars."

[edit on 9-7-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

you're story is less then convincing, sounds a bit delusional to me.

especially since hardly any security guards (i think just bank guards) carry a service pistol.

if you have 30g in the bank, why not just move someplace a little more friendly?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
That must not be a very smart area of our country...

how do 50 ignorant dumb teens all end up within one neighborhood and do this to somebody?

Where I am from maybe a handful of people even would have the balls to do this to somebody their own age but nobody would go after a helpless family ....

Lack of parenting , lack of rules, lack of education, lack of " having anything to lose", meaning that people with more to lose because of consequences would be less likely to do something like this because they don't want to lose what they have in money and possesions if they get caught.....

It's not because they are black that they did this, but at the same time that area prob does not have the smartest concentration of black people, so it looks like " all black people do this" when it's not......It's just dumb people being dumb who happen to be black........

There have been mobs of white kids like this too......

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

I don't remember ever being turned away from something because I was Irish. Although, my father in-law who is Black has a gazillion stories of growing up during segregation.

Not to start any thing personal,I dont care who ya marry,but This definately answers the question of why you may be more prone to turn a blind eye to double standards..

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Well just to jump on the proverbial bandwagon. I am origianlly from Akron and went to OU, and I would have to agree that race relations arent too strong.

A few years back, my friend and I were driving around Akron aimlessly when we took a "wrong turn" and ended up in a bad section of town. We ended up running into a mass gathering on the street, and the gatherers werent too happy to see "us" in their area. They blocked our way and started harassing us, until we made a quick Uey and peeled out of there. Not the kind of situation which makes you think that racial hatred has been eliminated or even reduced.

This event which transpired shows a sad state of affairs for race relations in OH and the rest of the country. It even helps to dispell that having a President of color would quell those sentiments, whereas it rather helped them grow further.

Such a shame.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
I dont like the way his first reaction was to arm himself with a gun. Maybe its because im not from the USA but that type of idea just scares me.

Wow, they really have brainwashed you people into thinking that it's better to die than cause injury to an attacker haven't they.

I'll give the UK one thing, they have eliminated common sense and replaced it with total government control.

Just how do you get to be THAT screwed up?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
First off, Don't sit there and try to ****ing justify this in any way shape or form. This is a racially motivated hate crime, bottom line. There is no alternate view, there is nothing but a straight attack on one race from another. I'd be willing to bet that none of these kids are tried for anything but the typical "assault and battery" charges and maybe some slander if the judge feels like making a point.

I think a major contributing factor to things like this is the way these kids are raised. I mean, just listen to the music out there now and this rap that is playing all over; it INDUCES violent behavior.

"I love to pump crack, love to stay strapped
Love to squeeze gats but you don't hear me though
I love to hit the block, I love my two Glocks
Love to bust shots but you don't hear me though"

Yeah that's a line out of a 50 cent song from his old album. This is what people find "cool"? Slinging drugs and shooting people? I'm not here to only blame music, but, COME ON. Don't for a second think that when a young black man see's 50 on tv, hoppin outta Bently's and wearing more "bling" they don't think to themselves "gee, if I do what he did, I can be like that someday".

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I live in Columbus, in a surburb that is slowly going from white people, to mixed, to a lot of blacks. Last Sunday we had a group of teenage black men going down our street screaming we hate white trash. My neighbor who is white was outside by himself watering his garden needless to say he did not say a word to them. This is pretty much what is like here unless you live outside of the city where the city buses do not run.
This is not the only incident of this type, this goes on constantly around here. We call the police when these things happen but they can never get here fast enough. I have armed myself as have most of my neighbors at this point. It is a keg around here getting ready to blow I can tell you. Thye crime rate is sky high and most of us do not go out at night for fear of what could happen

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join