It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Akron police investigate teen mob attack on family

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

Not only that, it was Africans who inslaved Africans. Euro's purchased slaves. Not that it's right, but if they want to focus their energy on someone or some place, they should look at the place that did the enslaving.

Not only that, but just about every "race" owned African slaves. That includes: Native Americans, South Americans, Europeans, Arabs, and like you said other Africans. Isn't the slave trade still alive and well in Africa today?

Anyway, this thread is about a blatant racial act thats apparently being covered up as such. Dont let these guys make it an argument about slavery and gun ownership.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
This is all because no one teaches their children to have authority.

Parents strip their children of any sense of their own authority which leaves a power vacuum in the mind of the child and typically leads them to act out in their world.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

My favorite line from my favorite rapper KRS-ONE

"The white man could be the devil all day, that's the LEAST!
What are you doing for yourself Black Man?
Trying hard to be the original man?
Who? The first man on the first land with the first plan and the first tan?
WHO GIVES A DAMN?"

I never thought I would agree with you...but damned if we don't have common ground here!!
BRAVO

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Originally posted by Retseh
We have allowed black racism to go unchecked, while we grind even the slightest hint of white racism into the dirt.

We allowed this to happen.

You mean by enslaving thousands of Africans while at the same time claiming that "all men are created equal"?

I think you are right...

"We" didn't enslave anyone, people a few hundred years ago did and now they are dead and gone.

I swear I am tired of being accused of owning slaves.

It's a good lesson for the future though...

Slavery has long term negative effects on a society, because of the fact that even if it is ever made illegal, it will stay with you like a cancer which can never be removed.

Regardless of fault or blame, you can't deny the fact that this is what propels this.

The same motivation has moved people to a sense of justification for their actions throughout history. Hebrews, Gauls, etc have all seen the previous enslavement of their forefathers as justification for war and mass slaughter of "the other".

We, didn't do it, but America did, and Britain didn't help any by oppressing the colonies, because it just made the crap roll down hill faster.

And religion is just as much to blame... Read Joshua... see how it was "fine" to exterminate an entire city, women, children, men, even the animals because they were "morally justified"? What did Jericho ever do to the Hebrews? Not a Damned thing... yet we push this crap in our society every sunday, and it leads to this...

[edit on 9-7-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d

Originally posted by Retseh
We have allowed black racism to go unchecked, while we grind even the slightest hint of white racism into the dirt.

We allowed this to happen.

You mean by enslaving thousands of Africans while at the same time claiming that "all men are created equal"?

I think you are right...

So, are you saying that what our country did to them years ago makes it okay for them to do this kind of thing now? I hope I misunderstood you.

No, I'm not justifying it at all... I'm just pointing out that in the future governments need to understand that when you slight a people, you are inviting centuries of "justification for violence" in the minds of those people.

We are all monkeys... and we need to plan that way.

Anything else is just stupid. I mean seriously, did TPTB at the time not know who Sparticus was? Did they not read their bibles and see the carnage that the Hebrews perpetrated on Canaan upon returning... What they did to the Egyptians even?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

I am not at the mercy of anyone, and i dont rely on anyone to live.
I dont live in fear, im happy with my life and the freedoms i have.

Im no pacifist either. You are making many assumptions that are wrong. I could say something like "an eye for an eye only makes the world blind" if it makes you feel better?

I would do anything to protect my friends and family. But i dont need a gun to feel safe. If it takes a gun for you to feel "personal liberty" then i would question if you had personal liberty at all.

At the end of the day it comes down to this.
You would kill to protect your family.
I would die to protect them.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

You are not going to get me to agree with you. This is why a lot of black people act as if the government owes them something for slavery. It didn't happen to them, they are not feeling any effects from being whipped and they sure as hell wasn't ripped from Africa.

I'm going to tell you what I tell anyone who spouts off this crap.

Let it go, unless you can show me scars from being whipped and shackled.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

You are not going to get me to agree with you. This is why a lot of black people act as if the government owes them something for slavery. It didn't happen to them, they are not feeling any effects from being whipped and they sure as hell wasn't ripped from Africa.

I'm going to tell you what I tell anyone who spouts off this crap.

Let it go, unless you can show me scars from being whipped and shackled.

Dude... (or dudette) I totally agree with you... from an individualist point a view.. yes Be your own God and live in the Now...

However, the reason behind this is still the slavery... it won't go away. Look at every other ethnic people who have even FELT the least slighted by a nation or kingdom... It always comes back to bite them in the butt, even if centuries later...

I'm sorry... but yes... if our country didn't have the history it does, including it's religion, this would NOT be happening.

That doesn't justify it... it simply is a point that next time humans decide to oppress another they should realize they are creating wars for their great grandchildren.

If we had a religion that preached that YOU are God, instead of YOU ARE NOT WORTHY, this crap wouldn't be happening either...

Teach people they are responsible for their own happiness and that heaven is here and now, and you will see a completely different society form...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
If any one has any doughts of minority role models,I sugest you watch this..I know some will say ''well thats only one man,It doesnt matter''

I suggest you think about the role he plays,being an Author and spokesman for a minority..This man is DANGEROUS..

The truth be told this man will put a bug in thousands if not millions of black men looking for a justification..This man should have been arested..

Ignorance is bliss but the cold hard truth is that it exists and is getting out of hand..

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

Let me counter that video with another great performance and message..

It is all a state of mind... any other message is not one of liberation....

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

your comparing apples and oranges..

I would love to live peacfully in the world,but with people like that from all colors it does nothing but make good men bad..

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

And there you go...your flawed logic shows through...you think you can better protect your loved ones if you were DEAD...

I know I can do a better job for them ALIVE...

Do you really believe what you're saying?

Oh, BTW, you certainly ARE at the mercy of anyone who is better armed... (like your government) ...yes, you are completely at the whim and mercy of those that surround you...you can wish it weren't so or delude yourself into thinking otherwise, but some of us are in tune with reality...

Soon you will find yourself on your knees with your ass in the air praying to Mecca five times a day (if you aren't already)...and all because you were too chicken s*** to take responsibility for your existence...

I wish you the best of luck, I really do..

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
hmmm, this combined with the 60 black kids kicked out of the pool thing, makes me think maybe the MSM is trying to stir up some racial violence.

Two things pitting white against black on MSM within two days of each other? smells fishy to me. (I realize this sort of stuff happens everyday, but now there talking about it)

link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues

your comparing apples and oranges..

I would love to live peacfully in the world,but with people like that from all colors it does nothing but make good men bad..

You are right... on one side we have a person who believes that reality is something out side of themselves, and on the other we have someone who realizes that everything is a state of mind...

but your video says "Why doesn't the media cover this!"

And my point is why doesn't the media echo the message in the video I posted.

The reason... you can't divorce humanity from stupidity.

link   

Originally posted by RolandBrichter

Originally posted by LiveForever8

And there you go...your flawed logic shows through...you think you can better protect your loved ones if you were DEAD...

So you find it ok that its hunky dory to let someone take away your right to live?
Its ok to make your family suffer your loss,just so a criminal can wake up another day?

Wow is all I have to say about that..

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bearack

Originally posted by Redpillblues
this my freind is what is going to cause a major riff in America..Its a creeping wave that will eventually break over the heads that push this rasism,hatecrime PC bull #..

The label hate crime is only sticky on one side..

And the sad thing is that if this man was a CCW carrier and shot in defense, he would have been ridiculed as a racist and they would have been calling for blood.

Sad but true. I would've been armed as I always am and would have started taking the attackers out until it broke up. The problem with that is I'd end up being accused of being a racist and dragged through the mud.
I'm interested to see how much this gets played in any news sources and what the angle is vs the "60 black kids kicked out of the pool" story. I bet the pool story is spun up way more.

[edit on 9/7/2009 by glock19]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I edited the video to another one..You must have caught the first one..The first one made those claims and promoted a website at the end..
i'm being unbiased just presenting facts so I changed it..

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Can you guys take the gun debate elsewhere?

Two lines.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

this is what sickens me.. if it was a white person being the aggressor, all these whiny minority groups would be howling hate crime and racism. wheres jesse jackson now? hmm?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

Of course i dont think that its ok.
Of course i would fight tooth and nail to protect my loved ones.
I already said i would do anything to protect them.
If its a choice between him or me then obviously its gonna be him hitting the ground.

However i dont have this really negative insecure mentality that i must kill anything and everything that gets in my way.

I like it the way i put it.
You would kill.
I would die.

Doesnt mean i will lay down and accept it.
Its just a different viewpoint i suppose.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
reply to post by Wimbly

this is what sickens me.. if it was a white person being the aggressor, all these whiny minority groups would be howling hate crime and racism. wheres jesse jackson now? hmm?

Uhm... just the other day it was a white person doing it in British columbia

3 white guys actually in a van rolling a neighborhood and shouting "This is a white neighborhood we're gonna lynch you!"

What's your point?

www.theglobeandmail.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join