It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay let's try something out here!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
In my opinion, nothing less than a ghost or alien appearing before you should be enough to prove the "paranormal".

That's what I'm waiting for.

I will not argue for or against the "paranormal" until I have that experience myself. I just cannot know otherwise. It doesn't matter what anyone says to me about their own experience, or what scientific studies anyone shows me to support or dispute the "paranormal". It doesn't even matter to me that my husband has had experiences that caused him to believe in both aliens and ghosts.

In fact, even if I did have a first-hand experience, I still wouldn't argue with someone about it, because nothing less than seeing a ghost or alien with one's own eyes should be sufficient proof.

Actually, I once had a "psychic" on the internet tell me the name of a dog my family had when I was 4 or 5 that I can hardly remember ("Snooky", not a typical name). Everything else she told me was completely wrong though. A weird experience, definitely. But not enough to make me believe anything that any "psychic" might tell me.

And I really don't understand why a "psychic" would need someone's name or DOB for anything, least of all for "remote viewing", it just doesn't seem necessary to me. I dunno tho, many are sort of superstitiously methodical about the way they do their thing.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I hope you read my post before you made yours.. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

That, that post was a tough one to digest.

But I am a person, and if you could perfectly remote view my room at the least or even me, except for those I follow twittering who can see me :p

It'd be practically impossible.

And would change one, and hey I'd at least be on your side, that's another on the goal side.

And if not, it'd just prove my point, it's a fence, wouldn't you want to gather more to your side.

I really do hope to see aliens or whatever it is, it'd be cool, neat all the zazz.

But I can't believe it, it's illogical, irrational, and obsurd? Sorry for being rude but, that's it simply put.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I'm sure it's hard to digest, but it's the same thing all the time. Theres no way you can even deny, that when "evidence" from the internet emerges, on the subject of the paranormal, there is ALWAYS someone who dis-proves it, at least in their own minds. Again, you having your *own* experience, is the only thing that may possibly convince you. Otherwise, your request is not logical.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Me? I didn't actually. We must've been posting at the exact same time... I starred you tho, when it appeared after I hit post.

You made a good point about the conspiracy that such an event would inevitably become.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by eMachine

Me? I didn't actually. We must've been posting at the exact same time... I starred you tho, when it appeared after I hit post.

You made a good point about the conspiracy that such an event would inevitably become.

ok, what a coincidence.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I'm sure it's hard to digest, but it's the same thing all the time. Theres no way you can even deny, that when "evidence" from the internet emerges, on the subject of the paranormal, there is ALWAYS someone who dis-proves it, at least in their own minds. Again, you having your *own* experience, is the only thing that may possibly convince you. Otherwise, your request is not logical.

Okay, well then how does a "personal" experience occur?

Camera and stuff aside?

And mental intense belief aside, what is it?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

you home?

you are UP too late....no OT for you, tonite?

OT=overtime, not oldthinker....

[edit on 10-7-2009 by OldThinker]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

Camera and stuff aside?

Honestly? I'm not totally sure of the answer there. But again I advise you to seek it out yourself, *I* would say pray about it. Some would say meditate etc. Don't go too far off the deep end tho cuz you don't wanna end up like some I've seen on here lol. It will not benefit you to get all crazy about it. My personal advice is, don't seek to provoke the unknown in a fashion that could harm you. If you are *really* interested in this subject then all I can tell you is that if you honestly seek it, someday you will find it. I can tell you tho, that I doubt it will be "right away". I'm not a damn prophet lol, I'm just telling my own thoughts, which I presume you asked for.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

you home?

you are UP too late....not OT for you, tonite?

Home indeed, always up for a debate with overtime!

I've seem to of made a mistake, your not on my sharp friends list, hmmmm need to fix this real quick.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechHead

That's how psychics work - guess the easily guessable
and accumulate information that you provide in response.

Umm.....no it's not. That's a massive generalisation. Care to discuss it with me in another thread?

Cait x

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Well who would I pray too?

My eye disease has gone away, it could've been from the medicine the eye doctor gave me.

But my boss' wife, thinks that because she prayed to Lord Krishna, that the Lord took away the flesh eating disease from my eye.

So it's hard to tell, savvy?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae

Originally posted by TechHead

That's how psychics work - guess the easily guessable
and accumulate information that you provide in response.

Umm.....no it's not. That's a massive generalisation. Care to discuss it with me in another thread?

Cait x

My enthusiasm for a new thread on this only is peaking!

That would be great to see, no matter which side i'm on, it's much needed here.

As much as people hate seeing them, it's fun, it provokes thinking, and is great again.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Wookiep

Well who would I pray too?

My eye disease has gone away, it could've been from the medicine the eye doctor gave me.

But my boss' wife, thinks that because she prayed to Lord Krishna, that the Lord took away the flesh eating disease from my eye.

So it's hard to tell, savvy?

hehe Thats up to you. You're a good guy tho, that much I can tell. :p I did give your thread a s&f because I think this is an interesting topic that more people should be involved in.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Camera and stuff aside?

When it comes to paranormal stuff like "psychic" abilities... I think a stranger would have to randomly walk up to you on the street and tell you what you were thinking about the last time you masturbated, in detail. Or something like that.

Wouldn't that make you at least go "WT*?!"

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

you home?

you are UP too late....not OT for you, tonite?

Home indeed, always up for a debate with overtime!

I've seem to of made a mistake, your not on my sharp friends list, hmmmm need to fix this real quick.

honored indeed, but I'm done, for this day...cya tomorrow....

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

Haha, I could just see it now, remember when you were thirteen, and you thought you were alone........well you weren't!!! I know what you did! eeeek.

But you can also see on youtube people being caught lol, which is probably much worse!

Alrigth OT, hope to see you on soon!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
What a great thread, star and flag. It really shouldn't be that hard to prove SOMETHING - anything...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I'd really be interested in seeing someone attempt remote viewing seriously.

Some guide lines would have to be made though.

Like, say if the person were going to try with OP, OP would have to take a picture of the room with a time stamp and send it to a trusted mod by both parties.

Then after all other details are smoothed over, the person doing the remote viewing does his thing, then comes on here and shares their experience.

Then after that the picture earlier taken by OP can be posted and we can examine the similarities or differences.

I've herd some people on here (no names needed) claim to go to some pretty out there places from Mars, to Area 51 surely a bed room or kitchen wouldn't be to hard to do.

And just to note this has nothing to do with my opinion, my opinion really doesn't matter here.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by pop_science]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

My camera phone will do it, i'll take a picture of my room.....after being thoroughly cleaned ....eek quite the mess. I really should've done it this morning.

And send it to someone on here, via email. I'm really to be subject to just about anything. If anyone could.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join