It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay let's try something out here!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by King Seesar
reply to post by TechHead

I see your point also about reality exists, like for instance lets say we both went to see the new Transformers movie well that's reality because we both went to see it, however our perception of the movie could be different, even our whole experience and expectations leading up to the movie will be based on perception of what we expect out of the movie.

I think close but not really, that's a bias.

It'd be more like seein a rainbow, no two people see the exact rainbow, because the rainbow itself if based solely on location of the seer.

Now, you can videotape the rainbow, or take a picture, and show people. So it's good proof that rainbows exist.

We aren't questioning whether or not there is a Transformers movie.

But hey, even some people think the weirdest thing about rainbows, to laugh till you absolutely poo yourself crazy watch this!

She is a true conspiracists!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I'm sorry maybe i'm reading it wrong, but shouldn't it be 20% instead?

Nope 80% believe they have above average intelligence. Only 50% can, sort of the definition of average (actually the definition of mean but I will assume as many exceptionally smart as exceptionally stupid so mean works here) thus 80-50 leaving 30% of populace are mistaken.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Histopherness

Nope 80% believe they have above average intelligence. Only 50% can, sort of the definition of average (actually the definition of mean but I will assume as many exceptionally smart as exceptionally stupid so mean works here) thus 80-50 leaving 30% of populace are mistaken.

So what was considered Average intelligence, and what was this spread across of, global, or a localized country, city state?

So half has to be above average while half is below. Then what percentage is average?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Maybe you are missing the point of my little quip. There is no standard average. If you take two people with an IQ of 120 and 140 the average is 130 if the IQ's are 80 and 100 then it is 90. Assuming you don't have a significant number of exceptional cases about 50% will be above and 50% will be below average. No matter how smart the world becomes only 50% can be above it's average. That is what average means.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Histopherness

Ok, I gotchya, just tried to read to much into it I guess. Bad habit.

I don't know where I was going with this.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
iF A TREE FALLS IN THE FOREST AND NO ONE HEARS IT DID IT REALLY FALL??

god isnt a man in the sky. he is our breath and when we are here so is God

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by creaton91
iF A TREE FALLS IN THE FOREST AND NO ONE HEARS IT DID IT REALLY FALL??

god isnt a man in the sky. he is our breath and when we are here so is God

Mhmmm.

So there is no God, at all, just what the world is, not even genius of design, just like a tree is god, and squirell, along with the new edition of playboy, since all of those are made of atoms?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
in reality its all about easy money =]. thats how the animal kingdom works. and we are still living in that kindom and only with limited domain

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
But animals can never ever truly improve and create what we know as culture. Once an animal can write its considered a sentient being. If it can pass on knowledge to some other member...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Yeah god is creation. Existence itself really.
Alright enough discussion have to work tomorrow if i want to eat goodnight.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by creaton91

No offense, maybe i'm misreading, BOTD.

How is this pertinent to the current thread though?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by creaton91

So, the god you believe in is more or less, Reality.

Not the Judao God, Yahweh, or Lord Krishna or Zeus.

Just the Universe, with no thought process, just random bursts of energy.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

This figure doesn't take into account people who are of above average intelligence who believe they are not, so the number of people wrong could be even higher. Right?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
If a tree falls... Never got that question. It clearly states that a tree fell, then said no one heard it so questions the validity of the fall. So why the certainty that the tree fell in the first half of the question? I understand that it is about whether or not perception influences reality but the wording makes little sense under scrutiny.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by theyreadmymind

This figure doesn't take into account people who are of above average intelligence who believe they are not, so the number of people wrong could be even higher. Right?

Good catch. I somehow assumed above average intelligent people would know it, but as there is no proof of this maybe I shouldn't assume. I will restate.. that at least 30% of the populace is mistaken.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

If a tree falls... Never got that question. It clearly states that a tree fell, then said no one heard it so questions the validity of the fall. So why the certainty that the tree fell in the first half of the question? I understand that it is about whether or not perception influences reality but the wording makes little sense under scrutiny.

True, and i'm sure the squirells living in it were heartbroken and heard it. So it is an old philisophical phrase, but in newer generations it is very lacking.

We are still finding more and more planets, i'm sure we aren't just conjuring them up in our minds.

That would take it back to the old, I know I exist, but do you, and even further you could even ask if you, yourself existed.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

We aren't questioning whether or not there is a Transformers movie.

But hey, even some people think the weirdest thing about rainbows, to laugh till you absolutely poo yourself crazy watch this!

She is a true conspiracists!

Well i nearly soiled all over myself after listening to this.

Havent laughed that hard at a youtube video in.....well forever.

"what is OOZING out of our ground!"

very funny, thank you for that. you get a star

[edit on 10-7-2009 by phi1618]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

I know, I saw it like months ago, and laughed so hard I fell into a coma.

That itself deserves its own thread.

Reminds me of my grandma, she's a nag, but I can she her doing the same if she could run a camera.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

I almost felt bad for laughing so hard. I know people that would be agreeing with her "OMG she is so right what is in the water?"

Then I banged my head against the wall because I thought she would be a perfect addition to the next GW summit. "It's all the darn rainbows doing it."

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I only have one point to make here.. I respect the post because it would be quite interesting to witness someone remotely view your room and prove you 100% wrong.

One thing tho...Consider the fact (as you are obviously skeptic to the paranormal) that someone *did* indeed remotely view and accurately describe to the *TEE* everything in your room, lets say they even drew a scetch of you ie, what you look like, blonde hair, 5 foot 8 etc. k? Now lets say you posted a reply to said person with ut-most awe and convinced all the believers on here that you have been "converted" from a skeptic to a believer of the paranormal.

Do you not think someone, most likely a group of "skeptics" would get on here and flame away, talking about how this MUST have been staged?? It MUST have been an elaborate hoax involving you and a good friend unknown to ATS plotting to make a good story? Who would honestly believe that the person who predicted your whole world to the *TEE* wasn't someone you knew on the internet posing as a great prophet? What would happen? Fact is, the same thing would happen that always does here on the internet. Whether you truly knew it to be real or not is moot. Your claim would be cast off as a hoax.

In conclusion, the only thing that will EVER convince *you* or your readers of the paranormal possibly being real is an actual experience that only *you* know about therefore rendering the majority of the internet or anybody elses opinion of the matter MOOT. My advice? Pray a lot and I bet someday you will get your answer. The only way for you to ever know for SURE is to experience it yourself. (without the help of the internet)

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Wookiep]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join