It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun Watch Thread!!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
possible.. It takes 40-80 hours for an ejection/flare to reach us, with the average being 60h and the faster ones taking 30h..

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Today Power Outage PW-20090708-22281-USA USA State of New York

just found this, i cant get anymore info on it tho because for some reason my search engines arnt working, none of them :O

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Just uploaded this one ...

Haven't even watched it yet.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

sure

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread has more imput.. thats why i posted my own links in here so we do not need to run all over ats

lots of good info on here

I do think the sun is going to shead its skin like a snake

we are in for deep doo doo when it wakes up

[edit on 8-7-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Maybe relevant..

It is revealed that geomagnetic disturbances affect mainly emotional and vegetative spheres of human beings while characteristics reflecting personality properties do not undergo significant changes. Changes in geomagnetic conditions mostly affect the activity of regulating systems, which are related to high cortical mechanisms of regulation and sub-cortical integrative apparatuses responsible for organization of routine activity of an organism, and for adaptation to changes of a physical environment (Babayev & Allahverdiyeva 2005).

There is high correlation between cosmic ray activity (CRA) (neutron data on the surface of Earth) and number of traffc accidents. One can conclude that impulsive geomagnetic events (storms) affect the number of traffic accidents more significantly than background GMA. It could be due to the retarded or inaccurate/inadequate reactions of the human brain.

Solar and Geomagnetic Activities and Related Effects on the Human physiological and Cardio-Health State: Some Results of Azerbaijani and Collaborative Studies Elchin S. Babayev

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Nothing unusual so far.. only for thunders thought there isnt a single cloud on the sky, not even in the distance.. what the hell??

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by krystopha

thunder without clouds?? no lightning? hmm that does seem kinda odd to me. i wish i could look into it more, i think i may have a virus on my computer as my search engines arnt working at all.

What is your location??

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
bucharest, romania, eastern europe

no, there arent any lightnings, but the thunders arent really loud, just seem to be coming from a distance.. i dont know ..its pretty weird anyways

disable any antivirus you have, especially AVG, which is crap

you could have some backdoors open, and someone put restrictions on certain websites, most visited-search engines.. maybe

[edit on 8-7-2009 by krystopha]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by krystopha

You've got my attention... Other people have made this "rumble" connection also and especially during magnetospheric events - so... Where are you?

Maybe caused by high altitude magnetic interaction?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
im from bucharest, romania, eastern europe

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Thanks yeah, I've passed this information along and we're going to do some analysis will advise.

All times are EEST (Europe/Bucharest, GMT+0300) Wednesday Sunny * Sunny * Max: 32°C 90°F * Wind: WSW 11mph * Hum: 53% * Press: 1010mB * Vis: Very good * Sunrise: 05:39

(C/O BBC)

[edit on 8-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
sure do mate..

no worries here yet.. mostly because people dont know but nevermind..

nothings happend here yet..if it does ill be sure to post

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Hrm what sources do you guys use to get your statistical information? such as the graphs I see posted all over this thread.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdwrage
Hrm what sources do you guys use to get your statistical information? such as the graphs I see posted all over this thread.

Check my post on the first page for a link list. I omitted NOAA data, oops!

Probably the most important is:

Current Solar Data - www.n3kl.org...

I would copy and paste, but uhh.. I can't edit the post.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Now I just need to learn how to read these charts

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
As someone who has an ear (or two), someone else may find these interesting:

.wav recording of Earth Auroral Kilometric radiation

(from www-pw.physics.uiowa.edu...)

And a .wav recording of geomagnetic hiss..

Magnetosphere hiss recorded on May 28, 1996 at 2148 UTC by Don Gurnett from U.Iowa. Auroral hiss emissions are broad, intense electromagnetic emissions which occur in a narrow latitudinal band, typically only 5-10° wide, centered on the auroral zone.

Auroral hiss is emitted in a beam around an auroral magnetic field line at altitudes of 2-4 RE. The beam width increases with increasing frequency. At high altitudes, the auroral hiss often has a sharp high frequency cutoff due of either the electron plasma frequency or the electron cyclotron frequency.

Typically above 10,000 km, the emissions are propagating upward and at low altitudes. Below 1000 km, the radiation is usually propagating downward. Downward propagating auroral hiss emissions are closely correlated with intense, downgoing 100 eV to 1 keV inverted-V electron beams. Upward propagating auroral hiss is correlated with upgoing ~50 eV electron beams.

Because the auroral hiss emissions appear as a uni-directional signal to the spacecraft antennas, the continuous, featureless spectrum of the hiss emissions is strongly spin-modulated when observed on high- resolution wideband spectrograms. Well-defined nulls in the signal occur every half-spin when the electric antennas are aligned perpendicular to wave propagation direction.

The resulting tones on the audio tape are strongly modulated hiss-like tones. The recording was taken from a nightside auroral zone pass in the northern hemisphere. The wideband receiver was connected to an electric Eu antenna during this pass. The strongly spin-modulated hiss signal is found below 3 kHz.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

interesting. Could that have something to do with the 1996 blackout? www.cnn.com...

there were a few other large ones in early August (the 3rd and the 10th) in other parts of the world.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Aron1138]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Aron1138

yep but this is going to be BIGGER

shead loads bigger according too all the data we are in for a very very ruff ride

God help us "and i dont even belive in god" lol

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by undiscoveredsoul
Ok so...no solar flares today but the magnetosphere is going up and down? Is that what I'm reading here? What else could be affecting the magnetosphere? I saw this movieonce about inside the earth screwing up theearthsprotective layer of the atmosphere and letting the sun (with no solar flares) scorch the hell outta us.... can't remember the movie but it was kinda freaky to me.

Anyway, this whole crop circle/solar flare thingy is just so far out there BUT I been looking at all the info anyway just to amuse myself and I see how people could translate it as Magnetosphere/Solar Flare but what if the makers, whether they be human hoaxers or alien or a huge army of killer ant.... what if they just meant to watch the magnetosphere itself and the sun is irrelevant?

just sayin....

As to hijacking.... dudes... I so don't get why people on forums get thier panties in a bind over the littlest thing...I have started threads before and got nothing but slammed for it with nasty comments like "do a search first" and "what's your point"so basically I just stopped and kept myself to browsing and/or replying only to stuff that really really really intrigues me. I don't get why people want those star and flags so much...so they can be famous online?? pfft whatever

[edit on 7/7/2009 by undiscoveredsoul]

Thanks so much for everything you said! TELL me about it. People don't just get petty- if one has a real education some people get downright NASTY. Weird jealousy of a sort, I suppose. Let's raise a glass, one fellow Ohioan to another!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Aron1138

I don't know. Here's an image from a few days before the 1996 incident:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a592b01a3b82.jpg[/atsimg]

Looks a little less active than we are right now.

There are two separate incidents that have been linked to solar activity that I am aware of, and they both happened in Québec.

This is what happened to the transformer after 90 seconds of exposure to a low level solar induced ground current:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/61a970123604.gif[/atsimg]

Also, I have my suspicions that the "great" 2004 cascading failure in the northeast was the result of solar activity, but I can't prove it - as the data is secret under the auspices of national security..

No one in the world cares about Québec outside of Québec (And I say this as a French Canadian, lol so I'm not racist..) that's why they can attribute the failures there to the sun..

But .. the entire east coast ... not so much. Officially, squirrels were responsible.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join