It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun Watch Thread!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

Yea seems when the flux drops the magnetic lines span out more, when the flux rises the magnetic lines draw closer. Going to keep an eye on this one see if the pattern repeats. Also when the Flux drops the bow wings span out more.

Edit: Magnectic lines are now drawing closer together would be intresting to see if the Xray Flux starts to rise. I think the Magnetosphere Sim and the GOES Xray Flux monitor are a little out of sync.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by NotAgain]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trunkeight
A tip: If it becomes apparent that the effects of this or any future CME-like event will hit our magnetosphere hard, and you have not prepared, to protect your small electonic devices (cell phones MP3 players etc), simply unplug your microwave oven, and place them on the cooking tray and close the door. The oven is a natural Faraday cage, and will provide a greater chance of protection than leaving them exposed.
peace.

I threw out 4 microwave ovens in the last 9 years!!! Damn!! To think there was a good use for them after all.

Thanks bro.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Hehe I just had a funny vision of somebody Forgetting about their Ipod in the microwave when they heat up a snak.

"Fried chips anyone"

Sorry for the off topic

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I don't know why you people are watching the sun. it's pointless unless you're actually sun-gazing...but you're not, and watching the sun isn't going to prevent any pending disaster.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by onpoint
im sure you guys have seen this. if you watch when this video of the sun when it hits july 6th it looks like it shot out a huge flare or am i taking that the wrong way?

Notice the "shimmering" effect around the corona? That's cool. That seems to happen whenever there is a flare or a CME or whatever.

Yeah, those look like flares to me.

Also, notice all of the "rays" around the entire corona?

Amazing..

[edit on 7-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Knowledge
I don't know why you people are watching the sun. it's pointless unless you're actually sun-gazing...but you're not, and watching the sun isn't going to prevent any pending disaster.

Thanks for taking time out of your important life to come on here and make such a fantastic post!!! We are most grateful.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAgain

The magnetosphere does not respond to x-rays. If it did, it would be one of tha factors included in the simulation. Magnetism is not affected by electromagnetic radiation and vice versa.

[edit on 7/7/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I love how people can get away with posting things like this, but I get modded in the other thread..

Non step LULZ! Also, even if I make a valid point, if my joke doesn't appeal to the moderator the entire post is zapped. Awesome.

Anyways..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b08014411bef.jpg[/atsimg]

It looks like this is just starting. Still spewing out energetic particles @ 19:06? Wow... It's going to be a very interesting summer it seems..

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

I've been hearing different things in regards to the Sun's flare activity. Are we headed in to an especially intense or nominal activity period? Anyone know?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by alexwoodson

c/o NASA:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8525ed5bec55.gif[/atsimg]

(edit for the MSPAINT crop)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by alexwoodson

There is a possibility of some minor activity over the upcoming 3 day period.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

www.abovetopsecret.com...

further information

just to add to on going thread here

Enjoy

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I would like to urge everyone to spend time with your families. We're already dead. AGHH!!!!!!

P.S. Please buy my new books "Sunspot Rising & How to Survive a Solar Blast Wave" $29.95 each or BOTH for $29.95!

[edit on 7-7-2009 by contemplator]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

Also, for people who actually have dependents, this is probably pretty important to understand, as you need to understand what you're protecting them from...

And I also think that spending time with your family is very important, regardless of the current "threat level"..

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I just wanted to add some strange things that have happened over the past day and a half. These things happened to my friends who do not follow solar activity and could have nothing to do with it, but are interesting if connected.

1. A friend had a night terror (the first he'd had in years) and woke up this morning with a huge gash.

2. Another friend let out the dogs and 2 pitbulls rushed up. In retrieving the small dogs the friend was attacked, but is ok.

3. Another friend hit a depression cycle last night after months of being ok.

4. My partner and I became very emotional (in a good way) last night.

5. My cat attacked me and opened every cabinet in the house and dragged out all the shoes she could find.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Today, the sun was star white, star bright.
Usually, even on a clear day such as this, it normally has a very slight yellow to it.
Very bright white color to it. Definately not looking direct, but carch a side peripheral of it. Definately different today.

Thank you folks for keeping things updated on the activity.

Also, Sunday, I felt very sick...Weak suddenly, nausea, and my vision in my right eye kept going out. Yesterday, I had to get work done, but tried pacing myself using moderate energy, and seemed to do beter. Today, I avoided being IN the suns light, and felt better except for some weakness.
On Saturday, I felt so sick, I was constantly laying down. I felt miserable, and had a couple nosebleeds. Normally I am high energy.
For the past 5 nights could not sleep. Unusual for me, because I can relax and set my mind clear, and be gone to sleep within less than five mintes.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by triplereiki

I agree with your assessment, but without a spectrograph we cannot be certain.

You have made the connections too, amazing.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Isnt that giant flaming ball just amazing

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by geckofooddude
Isnt that giant flaming ball just amazing

You have a talent for the succinct. Leo perhaps?

Edit to add: +/- one month?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Also of note, xray flux is creeping up.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/78356f55846f.gif[/atsimg]

People on the other side of my world take note, please.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join