It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun Watch Thread!!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
In my area, by San Francisco, there hasn't been any disruptions to cell phones, transformers, etc. I don't really think there is that much to worry about. I have had a little bit harder time falling asleep, but that could be totally unrelated. In 2013, the solar max, I do think then we'll need to prepare. There could be a solar flare, but it wouldn't be that large. Even if it killed cell phones and GPS, as long as I still have my power we'll still have teh internets. The internets run on fiber, not satellite, so it would take a big solar flare to kill the transformers on Earth.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

Still very low level but the Group has increased in size a bit. It will be slipping around the limb of the Sun in a couple of days though. I'm not sure anything coming out of it will be heading in our direction.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by yayap3

Yeah and we know that if TSHTF, the Bay Area is rather crucial in these respects. (internet, etc..)

Not to mention the tectonic risk (I think solar activity and seismiscity has been covered..)

What's on MSM? Any weird weather? You're the canary, dude..

[edit on 7-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Still very low level but the Group has increased in size a bit. It will be slipping around the limb of the Sun in a couple of days though. I'm not sure anything coming out of it will be heading in our direction.

I think we've had it for now.. We will see what tomorrow brings..

This my my last post for the night- thanks everyone, and take care.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed the enromously bright object approaching to the left of the sun on the latest LASCO images? Which planet is that??

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by clanky2008

A brown dwarf.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by clanky2008

It's Mercury

...and it's on the right.

[edit on 7/7/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Just got done watching: The Knowing about 30mintues ago and recent threads about sun spots and the sun flaring... Hmmmm.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gattogalaxy

Items 3 and 4 are interesting.........there is evidence/research, call it what you will, that changes in magnetism can affects a person's emotional state, to the extent that it has been suggested in a research paper that geomagnetic storms have a direct correlation with the increase in suicide rates. I linked to this paper in another thread, i think, or it may have been this one, i can't remember. If anyone needs the link i will try and find where i put it! Increases is geomagnetism can also affect milder emotions and feelings, not just take you to the brink of suicide. So maybe the geomagnetism in your area saw an increase recently, heightening you emotional state.

As for the dogs - if you are going to jump into a dog fight, you'll get bitten! And cats....cats are evil, everyone knows that!

The Pineal gland is affected by magnetism too. Don't forget, we are largely composed of water at the end of the day, and so are wholly succeptible to magnetic influences.

The link is www.jamesgoulding.com...

Choose number 45. (Effects on suicide rates, etc etc etc)

I found the link in a "Life force" thread i saw here recently.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by BlueOrb]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
My friend in VA said they had a small but easy to feel earthquake there.

I watched KNOWING tonight too. I liked the way they did the 'angels/aliens'
Afraid though that's not the case, seems to me they don't want their meat smoked or too fatty.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by hadriana]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Just thought I'd let you all know I made it across the Sonora Desert - past the Salton Sea - and over the mountains - - with no ill affects. (no tin foil hat either)

And no disruption of my XM radio.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Annee]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
romania here

really guys, ive never seen such a white and bright sun at 11:30 ever.. weird

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Glad to hear you made it across safely

Ive just woke up so im just going back through the thread to catch up on what been happening. i see there was a big spike in the x rat flux but that it has returned to normality.

earthqaukes seem pretty quiet today also, althugh it is still early

Still checking a few things out . peace and lvoe all, and goooooood morning

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by krystopha

culd you possibly get a picture of the sun where you are??

I cant see it here as we are overcast with cluds AGAIN lol. damn scotland, damn its global positioning lol

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

RESURGENT SUNSPOT: Yesterday, sunspot 1024 took the day off; the fast-growing active region stopped growing and even decayed a little. Today, the sunspot is growing again. It now measures 125,000 km from end to end, almost as wide as the planet Jupiter

The size of the spot makes it a fine target for backyard solar telescopes. And it is worth watching. Sunspot 1024 is the first big sunspot of new Solar Cycle 24, and it is crackling with minor but photogenic B-class flares. By itself, this one active region won't bring an end to the deepest solar minimum in a century, but it does show that the sun's magnetic dynamo is still working--a fact some had begun to doubt. More sunspots are coming, so stay tuned.

You heard them, stay tuned, more are coming

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Recent activity The geomagnetic field was quiet on July 7. Solar wind speed ranged between 330 and 349 km/s. Solar flux measured at 20h UTC on 2.8 GHz was 71.3. The planetary A index was 4 (STAR Ap - based on the mean of three hour interval ap indices: 4.8). Three hour interval K indices: 11011222 (planetary), 11111212 (Boulder). The background x-ray flux is at the class A4 level. At midnight there was 1 spotted region on the visible solar disk. Region 11024 decayed early in the day, then new flux emerged in the trailing and intermediate spot sections. There is an increasing chance of C flares.

www.solen.info...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
ok just wanted to post links from my own sun thread to contribute to this one saves people going back and forth

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
Well I have just been surfing as you do.. and came across this

www.newscientist.com...

now i shall put some info from the link

IT IS midnight on 22 September 2012 and the skies above Manhattan are filled with a flickering curtain of colourful light. Few New Yorkers have seen the aurora this far south but their fascination is short-lived. Within a few seconds, electric bulbs dim and flicker, then become unusually bright for a fleeting moment. Then all the lights in the state go out. Within 90 seconds, the entire eastern half of the US is without power.

Keep reading

www.nap.edu...

More?

www.newscientist.com...

you bet!

and now ?

www.space.com...

interesting?

www.space.com...

what is going on ??

and this ?

www.projectcamelot.org...

happy reading, and start digging a hole some place you may need it lol

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

thanks for your input friend
i shall be reading through allthat as we speak
always good to share knowledge, do you have a link to your thread that i can peruse??

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Good morning, everyone..
Was kinda surprised to see this this morning, I was hoping for some calm..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7da497e02241.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f41b36c133b9.jpg[/atsimg]

Although it wouldn't be the first time I woke up and was surprised at what I saw.. *shivers* lol

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

good morning my friend

yeah i woke up and thought " woah " wasnt expecting that tbh, i though it would be pretty calm today aswell but hey its kinda unpredictable. now am i right in sayin there was a flare on the 6th? if so this could be it hitting us now??

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join