It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun Watch Thread!!!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayrton

It's part of the camera. The support for the coronograph disk which covers the Sun.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by pynner

you always super pissy?

No. Actually I'm quite calm at the moment. You should see me when I really get going

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
i found a site that explains alot of what is going on with why nothing is happening but i won't post it until i get enough posts on so i can create my own thread on the information.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jziegler

I don't get it, can't you create a new topic under 30 post?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jziegler

and why not share your information?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I didn't want to post information until I made my own thread either so I understand..

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

The 6.1 at Baffin Bay? 19:11 UTC?

The only "shock" (if you want to call it that) was an increase in solar wind speed (from very low, to low). It happened about 24 hours before the earthquake and had greatly declined by the time the earthquake occurred. That's what you call "right after"?

Yeah, the point when the magnetosphere simulation really seems to *tighten* and the "wings" on the sides tend to lengthen, and flare out - also there is a pulse outwards along the tail - that's what I call the "initial shock" before an increase, but it's a trend I've seen many many times and only really put the pattern together today.. That's what I mean by "initial shock."

And yeah 24 hours, right after - I meant in a larger time scale - I tend to think a little bigger.. I need to learn how to express myself a little better I guess..

Also, not everyone uses UTC.. I think everyone should have local + UTC on their taskbar, we're in a global society now - when will "time" catch up? :S

Edit because people are talking to me in real life and I can't concentrate! lol

[edit on 8-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Has anyone seen this..? Is it a planet or what ? Look at how big it is compared to the sun.

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Edit to change my mind:

I think it is Venus, sorry!@

[edit on 8-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

It's Mercury

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

A single tremor constitutes a correlation? I'm afraid not.

Was there a polar earthquake right after the "shock" on June 24th? A few little ones, but then there are a few little ones just about every day. It seems like, since that "shock" was much more significant than this last one, there should have been more of a response.

Let's look at a real shock. September 11, 2005 (you really have to check this one out). A single 5.7 earthquake, in the tropics, 35 hours after the event. But there was also a 5.8 18 hours before the event.

If you're claiming correllation, you're going to have to find more than a single shake after a very mild event.

Here's a good source for earthquake data. You're on your own for tracking down the magnetosphere events.
neic.usgs.gov...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Fromabove

It's Mercury

Darn it, I wrote Mercury, then changed it to Venus - shoulda stuck with me first guess me thinks..

And thanks for the links re seismicity. It's going to take a big data analysis, but we're working on it..

[edit on 9-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Recent activity

The geomagnetic field was quiet on July 8. Solar wind speed ranged between 274 and 373 km/s.

Solar flux measured at 20h UTC on 2.8 GHz was 70.8. The planetary A index was 6 (STAR Ap - based on the mean of three hour interval ap indices: 5.5). Three hour interval K indices: 11221221 (planetary), 21221221 (Boulder).

The background x-ray flux is below the class A1 level.

At midnight there was 1 spotted region on the visible solar disk.

Region 11024 decayed again with most of the smaller spots disappearing and the larger spots taking on more symmetrical shapes.

www.solen.info...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Interestingly enough, we had quite a few cases of sunburn at my workplace today. Strange considering it was raining for most of the day!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Because UV rays can penetrate clouds..

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Well looks like everything is back to normal for now.

I will post anything new I find

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAgain

Yeah! It's nice to have a break so I can study other things..

Interesting thing to note - I've been hanging out on another board, (lol I bet someone can guess where..)

I will crosspost due to relevance:

My question:
I've noticed "cooler" temps and increased cloud cover every time the electron flux/magnetospheric pressure & density increases.

My gut feeling is that the solar bursts evaporate more water around the mid latitudes creating more clouds, but something tells me that somehow during events, super cold air is pushed from the poles into the jetstream.

This is just a "feeling" and I can't back it up, is anyone here aware of any process that could push air from the poles?

And the response:

The process is called the Greenland high. It is a vortex that is located near Greendland and moves with the seasons.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a03c0e4077ae.jpg[/atsimg]
Wow.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
brokenheadphonez,

can you explain what is imaged there and why it is "wow" worthy? sorry I am still trying to learn more about how the sun works

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sdwrage

Have a look here, it might help in understanding what we're seeing.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join