It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil walks among us

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Nooo! You mean to say that when I use the beautiful word with all of its meanings GOD, it is taking his name in vein?? Good Lord! I will NOT use G-D to refer to God, to me it just looks like God Damn! And THat is the only true curse I know of.

Please reread my post. I was not implying that your leaving the vowel in G-d is "taking His name in vain (as in "vanity", and not as in the "cardio-pulmonary system")", I was merely saying that I use G-d in order to avoid placing a stumbling block before those that do.

Having said all that, considering that the point of the first three Commandments are that we respect G-d's individual identity, I would say that your "inclusive theology" is more of an act of taking His name in vain, than a mere "spelling of a word". To consider every "god" be mere alternate representations of the one true Creator and Giver of life, breath and all things, is to commit a kind of "spiritual identity theft", of sorts. This is especially tragic when you consider the contradictory nature of each of these identities, to the G-d of the Bible. I'm sure that you wouldn't appreciate it if every time someone spoke of Charles Manson, Adolf Hitler, or Tom Cruise (ok, I'm just being silly with the last one
), they reffered to them using your name (eg, "Antar ordered the murder Sharon Tate", which was nothing compared to her invasion of Poland, or her jumping on Oprah's couch").

So, call this "deity" you worship whatever you like, as long as you realise that the G-d of the Bible, who Moses quotes as saying "You shall not take the L-rd's name in vain" also said that he will not hold anyone blameless, as long as they do so.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
You know, just before the religious people jumped in this thread to teach me that I will stand in judgement of not GOD but THEM with my experiences given by GOD and not of them, I was sensing that the religious ppl would indeed be next to jump in here after the skoffing debunkers and disinfo agents...

I was right!

So soon we can actually get down to the real people without judegment but with a solid sense of adventure into the unknown with me to decipher the meaning and possible implications of what this true life experience may mean to not just me but everyone.

Very rarely if ever do the people mentioned in the bible or other religious manuscripts ever have expeirences by following the crowd mind or any certain religion.

Spirituality is an individual and lonesome path. It is saying I will not accept what man tells me even if it means my mortal soul is damed to hell for all time and eternity, it is a step off the beaten path and onto the darkness of the forrest to forge through with nothing more than trust, and THAT is when GOD steps in and gives the individual experience rather than dogma and dead words in a book.

Not to say that you cant get filled with the sensation of spirit in a church, but to think that it is the only place is missing the real challenge of your fullest potential which is finding your own way without the aid of a geographical and lineage based fundamental philosophy or religion.

I am a wild flower growing naturally unbound by the constraints of convention and that is why perhaps GOD has given me my lessons and experiences.

It takes a huge leap of faith to become an individual. And only individuals have experince true experience of the divine.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CJaKfOrEsT

You cannot even begin to taste what it is that my connection is to the divine.

If you have never tasted watermellon you could never possibly hope to describe it to others.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

You cannot even begin to taste what it is that my connection is to the divine.

If you have never tasted watermellon you could never possibly hope to describe it to others.

In one of my earlier posts, I mentioned three categories of belief:
1) Rationalistic - There is no spiritual reality (gross oversimplification)
2) Theistic - Belief in a personal Deity, who has identified Him/Herself as a Person, with feelings and opinions (As a Christian I fit into this category)
3) Mystic - All roads lead to G-d. All spiritual experience is valid, and to be considered (I would put you in this box)

(Now before you object to my classification, I have tried to play fair, by putting myself into a category which includes Muslims, JWs, SDA, etc which cuts against my grain, because of the vast differences in our belief)

My point in that post was to state that each of these viewpoints have something about them, which is grossly offensive to the others. Unfortunately, it would seem that you are unable to look over the thing within my beliefs which offends you, when there is much that I have overlooked in yours. My last post merely displayed a very standard Christian belief, which any literalist Bible believing Christian would ascribe to.

You made mention of a kind of bigotry (my words, not yours) that fundamentalists have against anyone that doesn't share their belief, when in fact that is what you are doing with yours. You cannot bring yourself to consider a belief system, where the is one G-d, where there is a devil that seeks to deceive mankind, where there is a judgment, a heaven (perhaps you'll accept heaven) and a hell. I have at no point asked you to agree with my belief (even though I long for you to see the truth of it) only that you consider it. You have asked for discussion about the potential meaning of your experiences, but then oppose anyone that has a slight variation on the way you see it.

Friend, you are not the only one with experience, not the only one who has seen "dark men", not the only one who has had psychic abilities and certainly not the only one who claims to be in contact with the Divine. I certainly pray that you can find a place of humility, rather than reject any attempt to help you find clarity in this matter.

I personally cannot stand the taste of "watermelon", and yes I have tried it, so I am qualified to say so. Considering you "judgments" pronounced in the post previous to the one I'm responding to, this last one smacks of hypocrisy. I have been forthcoming with you about my beliefs, in an attempt to warn you that I am one you believes in One G-d, and creator. When you gave me your frank opinion about my reasons for using "G-d" for referring to Divinity, I took that as a cue to do likewise.

It is you who cannot even begin to taste my connection to the Divine. I am on first name basis with the Author of the Universe, walking fearfully before Him, knowing His might, and glory. I can boldly say that I have His mind, with which He unveils mysteries. Having said that, I am nothing special, for this is the testimony of any word has repented of their sins, and placed their trust in the blood of the Lamb, being changed into His image. I am nothing but a Christian, for that is what a Christian is, not the pale imitation which I have seen presented threads like these.

I am certainly not afraid to look into alternatives, because I know what the real looks, tastes, and smells like because He lives in me (I cannot stress that enough). Let me know when you are ready to stop being close minded and hear another explanation to you experience, because from what I have read of what you have offered up about your life, the events described are not only very predictable, but quite common.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
You continue to place your reality on mine. It is not possible, you can not place me in a neat and tidy box and label it. That is what my individuality allows me the freedoms to say and do within freewill, as long as i do not harm others intentionally, I am a freewoman.

I do not want to follow the footprints in the sand, I may want to walk through the forest or on the moon for that matter.

Again I tell you, I have no disrespect for others choices and actually teach my children to respect others for where they are on the path.

I am my own Master.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I am my own Master.

Antar, Antar, Antar...

You remind me of the "Emo Boy" who thinks he is individual because he wears black nail polish and eye makeup, when he is just as "different" as all the other ones.

You can continue to think that you are your own master (although technically it would be mistress), but in fact you are just a slave, like the rest of us. Only difference is, I know who my Master is, when yours would seduce you into thinking that you are your own. I remember being like you, and what a shock it was when the scales fell off of my eyes.

You can't escape reality, know matter how far you try to run, you turn around, and it's just over your shoulder.

You are right, evil does walk amongst us. Unfortunately, you have fallen for the old "good cop, bad cop" routine. Your mother's activities opened you up to it, and you played right into it. It amazes me how often it works, and how effective it is at hardening hearts to the gospel. Good luck, Antar. I hope you figure it out before it's too late.

(The sad thing is, I seriously doubt that you will sense the tears behind this post).

[edit on 15-7-2009 by CJaKfOrEsT]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

You continue to place your reality on mine. It is not possible...

Incidentally, it is you who are trying placing your reality on me, by demanding that I compromise my beliefs in my posts. Again....sad.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I'm sure Antar does not need me to 'back' her up so to speak. But some of your words bothered me.

Antar does not need to 'feel' different or argue that she is different. She is different and has an understanding for things that no one else possess. Her understanding is ridiculous! She literally knows so much, not only of the physical world, but of the spiritual realm as well. In a lot of ways she reminds me of my mother and hence I feel that Antar is like my second mom in a way. (Sorry mom your son still loves you
)

"You can continue to think that you are your own master (although technically it would be mistress), but in fact you are just a slave, like the rest of us. Only difference is, I know who my Master is, when yours would seduce you into thinking that you are your own. I remember being like you, and what a shock it was when the scales fell off of my eyes."

You contradicted yourself. You stated that you are a slave like the rest of us (including you). Then you stated that you are your own master? And then you said that you remember being like her? That bothers me more. Do you know Antar? I doubt you do. So that only means that you have KNOWLEDGE of her, that does not mean you UNDERSTAND her. So how can you say that you were like her once? When you do not even understand her?

You are right, evil does walk amongst us. Unfortunately, you have fallen for the old "good cop, bad cop" routine. Your mother's activities opened you up to it, and you played right into it. It amazes me how often it works, and how effective it is at hardening hearts to the gospel. Good luck, Antar. I hope you figure it out before it's too late.

And this really aggrivated me. How do you know what her mother taught exactley? Since you don't you are assuming these things. Also you implied, yes IMPLIED that you know the "truth". I am sure you probably do not see how you implied this, but you did. There are only a few known truths in the world. What is she suppsoed to figure out before its too late? She knows her road in life. I think you need to find yours, because to me you sound lost and somewhat confused. I am not trying to be funny, but from what you have written and my current knowledge of you that is what I feel. You are the one seeking a path. Again I respect you, but instead of constantly derailing this thread, with who understands what and what will happen if you don't, just talk to her. Your arguing a side that has no basis. Just talk to her if you want to talk, don't argue like you are doing.

Incidentally, it is you who are trying placing your reality on me, by demanding that I compromise my beliefs in my posts. Again....sad.

From what I have read it was you doing the pushing. You came to this thread, Antars thread, and began with your beliefs pushing. I am a believer as well, but never push your beliefs. That does nothing more than divide. Instead, just talk about the current situation. Like I did before. Theirs no reason for God to be brought into this constantly. And no one is asking for you to compromise what you believe. Antar has never done that to me or anyone I know. Infact she goes around the boards protecting what other BELIEVE! Have you seen some of her posts? She backs up so many people when they are being hit by criticism constantly for what they believe. I think and I may stand corrected, but I believe that you are trying to make Antar compromise her beliefs, without you thinking that you are doing so.

So lets start over shall we.

[edit on Jul 15th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CaKfOrEsT

That's my whole point with you, if I conceded and said that I will now change directions (backwards) and accept the Holy Gospel as the entire cha cha, then "YOU" would be satisfied that you have done the same thing to me as was done to you and there fore adding fuel to the fire and strength to not your, but what has been placed on you in the form of conviction. It is neither original nor self empowering to follow in others footsteps. Geographically you were born *Here*, however if you continue to see things this way, then in the next life you will be born geographically *here* and until you decide to break the chains of geographic religiosity you are in hell, so it is no wonder that you try to convert others as it only makes you stronger in your beliefs.

Now that said, you are where you are, and I find ones choice to be solely his or hers as it is your position in life which leads you to your next.

I am a lover of all religions and none. My deepest prayer when I was young was in all sincerity to find the one church that accepted all men/women, all races and creeds, religions and non religions.

I found myself and have been removing masks every since.

I wish to live true to my original face and I can tell you it has no religious affiliation.

Let me say this to you, I respect you for where you are on your path, it has taken you thousands of lives to be just who you are today, and to me that is perfect just as it is.

If God had wanted or needed another Jesus, it would ahve been done long ago, but he reached his full potential, as have many other Masters through out the ages and will continue to flower upon the earth as long as it exists, but instead existence breathed life into you, honored the earth with you, unique, an individual from birth, you. if you walk in others light, if you follow others to what became their enlightenment, then you are saying no to existence, to God, you are dropping your trust for what has NEVER worked for anyone that followed anyone. There are hints all over, we are unique and have all the potential of breaking through to becoming the ultimate flowering of our own potentials.

You may the rose bush filled with amazing scents and aromas, beautiful to hold and to gaze upon, but that does not make me any less beloved by our creator, our journey into the infinite, because I may be a small insignificant weed in the yard, God does not see it that way, it is never a comparison, never.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by The Myth Lives

I honestly believe that you are an Angel on earth and appreciate your amazing insights and unearthly wisdom.

Thank you for understanding someone that is so complicated in her simplicity.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Not a problem
I do what I can and I do it when I can. You are more insightful then I am, thats why I have learned a lot from you.

[edit on Jul 15th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I read almost the entire thread.
I was finding it quite entertaining but it started to get "too emotional" and slow.

What I have to say is: Evil is not among us.
Evil IS us.

I hope that makes sense to someone.

Actually, I mistook this thread for another by Antar.
I think so, at least, it's been a while since I read it (or thought I read it)
Anyways, I still think my view point is valid.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Geladinhu]

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Geladinhu]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

You are so welcome here and sorry if it could not hold your advanced attention, eh hem... No this is not the lower astral thread even though some have been quick to point out he similarities in my writing style.

I can only tell it like I sees it.

Anyway good to see you again although I suspect you are OUT OF HERE!!! Lol!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
TML, What more can I say than you have it backwards, you are such a beautiful reflection of what goodness really is, you go get em tiger!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I am going away for the weekend, so please by all means anyone interested in helping make sense of this weird story, this bizarre set of true life events, then by all means join in and tell me what you think.

If not, see you guys later!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thank you for the warming welcome.
I believe attention is only one.
Attention is intrinsically advanced.
Whatever attention is not advanced it is really not attention.

Yup, the similarities of the writing style was what got me.
I read the first lines of the thread and immediately related it to the other thread. I wasn't paying that much attention to the content since my attention was trapped by the title.

Can you explain better what you mean by "out of here"?
I'm just really curious.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
reply to post by antar

I read the first lines of the thread and immediately related it to the other thread. I wasn't paying that much attention to the content since my attention was trapped by the title.

I'm just really curious.

Sure, but first I have to say that I have already begun to have greater understanding of the experince by sharing here, odd huh even through the high slowness,

I meant by OUT OF HERE, I think you are cool, in the energy kind of way, and figured you were off to more interesting threads and would probably not even get my post back to you, wheu! kind of wordy, but that was it.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

I have to agree on the attention thing. Look at people like Einstein ( I know there are better and newer examples, but I am older, so he is my favorite example) and how when an individual is running extremely energetic and advanced energy, brilliance they do tend to be scattered in mundane things. It is attractive on a genious, I could have captured his heart if the timeing was a bit better. I am not smart but intuitive, no biggie, and for some reason I have often attracted men that were among the most high intelligence. Maybe because their lives are so very based in the reality of physics and or logic, that it is like taking a breather to find someone who is as illogical as I can be, what do you think?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
reply to post by antar

I'm just really curious.

Sure, but first I have to say that I have already begun to have greater understanding of the experince by sharing here, odd huh even through the high slowness,

I meant by OUT OF HERE, I think you are cool, in the energy kind of way, and figured you were off to more interesting threads and would probably not even get my post back to you, wheu! kind of wordy, but that was it.

You are funny antar.

I think you think I am cool because of my avatar that is truly cool.

Also, since you want help to understand your experience I will say some things that came to my mind while reading your post (part of what made you funny). I don't know if you do it on purpose, but you take too many conclusions. All these conclusions make it harder for you to understand whatever experience because they are unnecessary filters created by the mind. The true essence is lost if you overlay it with ideas/conclusions.

Examples of conclusions that you took: I am cool. Because I am cool I wouldn't come back. Your thread is not as interesting as other threads. Your explanation was too wordy.

I don't know why you take these conclusions. But they seem rather unnecessary. The feeling I get from it is that you are trying to inflate my ego while playing the victim. This kind of attitude reflects the idea that we are not equal when that is totally not true and very much damaging to oneself.

I may be taking my own conclusions here too and being kind of contradictory.
Maybe you are just messing with me and if so just say it.
I'm an innocent spirit and whenever I see an opportunity to throw what I believe to be useful ideas I do it.

I hope some of what I said will be useful to you.

Peace and Love.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Always and yes.

Yet, as I seek to unveil the original face, all truth is welcome.

Your ego? well I admit it did take me by surprise you returned, and yes to make you feel good makes me happy.

Your avatar? Nope the feeling i get from you thats all.

Too much thinking.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join