It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin to replace Steele as GOP Chairperson

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Steele will resign on Friday, July 10th during the GOP committee members-only conference call and Sarah Palin will become the new GOP Chairperson.

Sarah Palin will be the new Republican Party Chairperson.

I don't have a link because this is unconfirmed and supposedly from someone on the inside. (Inside the Republican Party)
There is a 99% chance that Steele will resign on Friday the 10th of July during the PM news cycle.

Apparently, conservatives have been fighting hard to get rid of Steele from the Chairmen seat and now they have accomplished their task.

I guess we will see what happens on Friday, but if true then some liberal heads are going to explode.

[edit on 7/6/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
No.

My brain can't handle it.

I am sick and tired of hearing the endless smears and bashings of this woman and her family...and this only guarantees more of it...if for some reason it becomes true...which is highly doubtful.

It's bad man...it's not a good thing if this happens. I'm just tired of the childish immaturity of people who haven't been shy about acting like 6 year olds insulting each other on the playground.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
wow if this is true, i'm going to vomit. but then again, i don't really care how either or both parties implode...only that they do and the sooner the better. guess i'll be following politics even less now because i cannot stomach listening to that woman. there's something not right there. let's see...quit your job early and get rewarded with another plum position...way to send a message to our kids, eh?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Ooohhh, exploding liberal heads.

Now, THAT sounds like a party!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
No.

I am sick and tired of hearing
This woman's annoying histrionics

and this only guarantees more of it...if for some reason it becomes true...which is highly doubtful.

On some things we can agree.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I look at the Palin thing as I do MJ....it's just more deflection to the real problems.

I'm tired of the news media acting like TMZ. Damnit...where's the freakin integrity??

News acts like the freaking Enquirer and Globe Magazine....hell...they probably have more integrity than the nightly news...that's how bad it has become.

The whole system is a mockery...yet people eat it up and treat things that effect their lives like it's a GD tv show.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I want to see this happen just to see the liberals flip out. They will go ape #.

Just the entertainment value of this is worthy of it happening. Not only will the liberals head explode she just might weed out the RINO's of the GOP. If all of this is true and she roots out the good ole boys and tells them to kick rocks, the Dem's better watch out because this will be like '94 all over again.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
I want to see this happen just to see the liberals flip out. They will go ape #.

Just the entertainment value of this is worthy of it happening. Not only will the liberals head explode she just might weed out the RINO's of the GOP. If all of this is true and she roots out the good ole boys and tells them to kick rocks, the Dem's better watch out because this will be like '94 all over again.

As much as I hate what goes on between the "two" parties of America... I have to reluctantly say I agree. This would give me even better trolling material on my liberal friends..

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I think you are correct as to the purpose of this move if true.
She would definitely root out the rino's.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
No.

I am sick and tired of hearing the endless smears and bashings of this woman and her family...and this only guarantees more of it...if for some reason it becomes true...which is highly doubtful.

It's bad man...it's not a good thing if this happens. I'm just tired of the childish immaturity of people who haven't been shy about acting like 6 year olds insulting each other on the playground.

I agree with you! Such a bizarre amount of spite.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

She took on the Good Ole Boys in Alaska and got rid of them, she was able to negotiate deals and get them done that all previous governors have been unable to do.

She has a proven track record of being able to get it done. She might not be that well versed on political issues of the "lower 48", but she seems to know her stuff when it comes to Alaska.

Oh I hope your source is correct. I so want this to happen. I still don't know if I'd vote for the GOP, but it would definitely make me look twice and possibly consider it if there are some fresh faces that are real fiscal conservatives.

She might not be presidential material, but she sure has the leadership skills to be the GOP chairmen.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Why not just move Rush in and complete the collapse. This goes to show you how out of touch from the mainstream the GOP has fallen. At some point we will need some sort of guide to tell the GOP from the John Birchers

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
As a lefty I can say with assurance that I'd be delighted if Ms. Palin took over the GOP chairmanship.

That would be the beginning of the complete self-destruction of the Republican party.

I understand her lawyers are now suing some of the press for questioning her motives in resigning from the governorship of Alaska.

Get ready for some heavy litigation anytime anybody says anything that offends her.

I'll be watching the fireworks.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
If true, it will mean a new era for the Repubs Party. However, I think she would do better by being freed up and as a citizen laying into the Obamanites day and night. But, it would be real good to see her head the GOP.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

How so? People are itching for somebody that actually stands up for what they believe in. Be it the Dem's or the Repubs.

You wouldn't know it from the media, but she can lead. It just might be the energy the Repub's need to pull off a 2010 upset based off of platform not just because the dem's suck.

This women has gotten such a bad wrap it isn't even funny. She just needs more press time so we can find out more about her. What kind of person she really is.

As far as Rush is concerned I'm sure he reads Thinkprogress, Daily Kos, Huffington Post and laughs at the stuff he says. I swear he says this stuff just to get a reaction.

We obviously have different opinions on this, but only time will tell and that is if this rumor is even true.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Still not going to be voting for our supporting the GOP. They can send me those little "surveys" that need to be returned with a donation all they want, I'm going to shove them in the recycling bin, even if they says it's "official business" and to send it back(with $12 to pay for their troubles) if I don't want to answer it. No kidding, this is actually what they send me. And they have been sending them to me for over a year, and everytime it's "urgent that I return it immediately".

Anyway, little side rant about the stupidity of the GOP, but I thought Steele was a scam in the same kind of way. Desperate to get a "Black guy" up there for the "image". I honestly don't know what his other credentials were except for being constantly wrong about the things he said on Fox News. Same guy who said Ron Paul was "done" after the first debate.

Palin isn't any better. Just another gimic as far as I'm concerned. If the GOP ever hopes to get my support, they had better start working on principles, rather than worry about image.

To quote Steele with a bit of a twist - "For me, the GOP/RNC is done".

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The GOP needs Sarah Barracuda. She'll go for the neck of the Dems and bring them down. She'll bring every little detail of their misdeeds to the forefront. She'll campaign hard for the conservative Repubs and leave the Rinoes by the roadside. She'll entice American Value Democrats to cross party lines to save the nation and restore the economy back to the people. Yes, we need the barracuda as chairwoman of the GOP.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Oh the gift that keeps on giving...

I hope the OP isnt playing us around now... Iv been having it good for the last month now.... please dont dissappoint me be telling us this turns out the be false.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

reply to post by FredT

How so? People are itching for somebody that actually stands up for what they believe in.
You wouldn't know it from the media, but she can lead.

Leaders don't resign before the end of their term. People who stand up for what they believe in are generally not quitters, they tend to fight injustice as opposed to running.

I can not believe how people can somehow spin this as a good thing for the republican party. People need REAL leadership, not the puppets that the GOP has been putting forward. Palin was paraded before the people to appeal to women and counter Hillary, Steele was given his role to counter Obama and appeal to African Americans, and the failed experiment with Jindal was also an attempt to counter Obama and present a well spoken minority. All of these failed because the republicans are being completely insincere and simply pandering.

The republicans need a real stance, with REAL leadership. Right now they are coming across as bitter children. Their only stance seems to be to undermine the opposition and appeal to their base. We need leadership, not partisan politics. Both parties are a joke. The 3rd party people are the only ones with a real stance, but they will never stand a chance.

Sad times we live in.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'll believe it when I see it.

As it stands, this is an unsubstantiated rumor.

It's not even from "a reliable source."

"Unconfirmed and supposedly from someone on the inside..." id pretty flimsy.

[edit on 2009/7/6 by GradyPhilpott]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join