It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin to replace Steele as GOP Chairperson

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage

“Conservatives” Are Single-Largest Ideological Group

Largest or not I don't see the point? You still need other groups in most elections to win.

That is correct and when a true conservative is running, these other groups vote for the conservative.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Largest or not I don't see the point? You still need other groups in most elections to win.

That is correct and when a true conservative is running, these other groups vote for the conservative.

You're assuming they'll vote for Palin though when many conservative don't consider her a true conservative and true conservatives do not always get the majority of those votes.

Edit to add: When I mention the "right wing base" I'm not throwing all of the conservatives into that category, only a fraction of them. Many conservatives don't like Palin, that coupled with a lack of independent and moderate votes while the other person has the left to chuck in with independents and moderates, well, that's a bad combination for the Republicans.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

The party can not compete well in elections with just a right wing base.

This is where you are totally wrong.
In the majority of elections where a true conservative is running, the true conservative will win. This is a fact. Unfortunately, the most recent strategy of the GOP is to put up RINO candidates which obviously has not worked. More people consider themselves conservative than liberal.

Poll: How Liberal or Conservative Are Americans?

AH, but as my generation and the next take hold you will see a complete rejection of the apathy, intolerance and status quo that has been a conservative staple since the birth of politics.

Conservatives depend on a combination of anti ( ) groups, but slowly these groups
are repelling eachother.... SOME Christian sects are slowly starting to see that the
GOP is not in line with Christs attitudes on giving and protecting the weak - While many fiscally conservative people do not enjoy the anti science stance of other portions of the GOP...

There are a whole lot of major sub groups (GOP) that have some very contrary views to one another.

Anyhow these school aged kids make me look like Goldwater - half of them are bi sexual and well, the GOP is extra crispy screwed when these young sodomites come of age.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

You're assuming they'll vote for Palin though when many conservative don't consider her a true conservative

I don't believe that is an accurate statement.

and true conservatives do not always get the majority of those votes.

No, not always but the majority of times they do.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Hey your ex BFF Bush was not a conservative according to your current recollection and he won twice.

Like I said just wait for the sea of school aged children to hit the poles the next two cycles.
BTW if I don't like Obama latter on can I call him a CONSERVATIVE?

[edit on 7-7-2009 by mental modulator]

[edit on 7-7-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
AH, but as my generation and the next take hold you will see a complete rejection of the apathy, intolerance and status quo that has been a conservative staple since the birth of politics.

Sorry, I just had to laugh.

First, the conservative trend is going up over the past few years and those calling themselves liberal has been going down.

Look, your exact words were spewed when Carter got elected and then thankfully we had the Reagan Revolution.
The way Obama is destroying things, he is becoming another Carter. Obama is another lame ass President like Carter who has no idea what he stands for, what America stands for and he has no clue about running a country. Sorry, but this is going to bring another conservative revolution.

Conservatives depend on a combination of anti ( ) groups, but slowly these groups
are repelling eachother

What on Earth are you talking about? What groups?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

You keep throwing the term "True Conservative" around. I am curious how you define what a "True Conservative" is.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Hey your ex BFF Bush was not a conservative according to your current recollection and he won twice.

Of course Bush was not a conservative. So what? What's your point?

Look who Bush was running against. Gore and Kerry. Two of the most stupid, idiotic and extreme leftist politicians on the planet except for maybe Obama. Bush won because against those two losers, Bush looked like the poster child for conservatism.

Apparently you are young, so once you get out into the world and start experiencing the REAL world with taxes taken from you and lazy ass people who want your stuff for free, you will slowly come around to the conservative side. It happens this way the majority of times.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

You keep throwing the term "True Conservative" around. I am curious how you define what a "True Conservative" is.

A true Conservative is a conservative who sticks to their basic core principles like smaller government, lower taxes and less government regulation just to name a few issues. Unfortunately, some who like to call themselves conservative or republican seem to lose their spine and moral ideology core when faced with tough decisions or when the MSM starts to criticize them. There are to many of these RINO's (Republican In Name Only), who sellout their ideology for a little money, power or perhaps just to be liked by the media. This is true for both sides of the isle but I am only interested in one side.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

I don't believe that is an accurate statement.

Okay...?

No, not always but the majority of times they do.

So? The GOP is down in the polls, if there is anytime for this outcome to not go with "the majority" of the time then it's now.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Sorry, I just had to laugh.

First, the conservative trend is going up over the past few years and those calling themselves liberal has been going down.

Look, your exact words were spewed when Carter got elected and then thankfully we had the Reagan Revolution.
The way Obama is destroying things, he is becoming another Carter. Obama is another lame ass President like Carter who has no idea what he stands for, what America stands for and he has no clue about running a country. Sorry, but this is going to bring another conservative revolution.

are repelling eachother

What on Earth are you talking about? What groups?

OK man good luck on the conservative revolution!!!

Anti gay

Anti "MEXICAN" (the folks who are more than just anti immigration)

Anti science

Anti social programs

I don't care if you do not want to understand the various groups that make up the GOP,
but is very clear that each sub group tows the line for one another and effectively make a strong base...

The GOP needs a new theme song, really it does and the sooner you all recognize it the sooner the second coming of GOP will be.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

So? The GOP is down in the polls, if there is anytime for this outcome to not go with "the majority" of the time then it's now.

Again, this is because the strategy was to let RINO's run for office instead of true conservatives. Once this trend is reversed, things will change. Hopefully, if this thread comes true and Palin becomes the chairmen, things will change again for the better.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Well, then, to all my Republican foes (and one or two friends):

Nice knowing you.

I say this because from now on your party will implode upon itself and down itself faster than a PC bugged with a million viruses.

I have loved arguing with you and having such a great time with all of you, but if this info is true this will be the end of the Republican Party, unfortunately.

Michael Steele was intelligent. Sarah Palin... is not.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Again, this is because the strategy was to let RINO's run for office instead of true conservatives. Once this trend is reversed, things will change. Hopefully, if this thread comes true and Palin becomes the chairmen, things will change again for the better.

I get that Palin has the whole "young" and "conservative" and "female" appeal, but if you want someone female in the GOP you might as well have lobbied for Olympia Snowe. She's the one Republican I think is absolutely unbelievably smart.

Sarah Palin might seem like a good choice and will uplift the GOP spirits for a few months, yes, but in the end things will go downhill because she lacks the political smarts and skill to reinvent the party besides just lending her face and name to it and its beliefs.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

I'm not so sure that's accurate though. Many of the moderates running were getting high poll numbers.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

OK man good luck on the conservative revolution!!!

Thanks and I'm sure it will happen. History is your friend.

Anti gay

Conservatives are not anti-gay. They don't think homo's should be allowed to get married. gay unions are fine.

Besides, I guess you did not hear that most Americans feel the same way which is why of all places California voters rejected gay marriage proposals twice.

Anti "MEXICAN"

Stop. You are embarrassing yourself. What are you talking about?
Conservatives are NOT anti-mexican. Conservatives are against ILLEGAL immigration.
You do understand the difference between legal and illegal. If illegal immigration is allowed then it is just a slap in the face to all the legal mexicans who became U.S. citizens the proper and legal way.

Again, the majority of Americans feel the same way.

Anti science

OMG! Where are you getting these talking points? Liberals are us?

Please enlighten me on how conservatives are anti science especially given the fact that Reagan initiated the Star Wars Missile Defense System which if I am not mistaken is very scientific. Along with all the nuclear aircraft carriers and things like that.

Anti social programs

Holy smokes, you finally got one correct.
Thank God conservatives are against social programs. These programs are bankrupting our county. Just look at how California is now bankrupt.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I call poppycock on this.

Steele isn't popular as party chairman, but Palin, even though she is the darling of grassroots Republicans has too many enemies in the Party Establishment to even be considered for this job. Plus her resignation conference was so rambling, rapid, and incoherent that she did herself no sort of good. She's going to get a book deal and then replace Huckabee as nominal leader of backwoods, dimwitted, corn pone voters. Since this is a significant part of the GOP's current base, this will allow her to play kingmaker in the 2012 GOP primaries and carve out a nice spot for herself in the administration.

As for the present, she's a narcissist with limited intellectual abilities and very little ability to stand up to scrutiny and pressure. She's finally realized that she needs to be in control of the story, rather than being constantly in the public eye where she is always under scrutiny.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Of course Bush was not a conservative. So what? What's your point?

Look who Bush was running against. Gore and Kerry. Two of the most stupid, idiotic and extreme leftist politicians on the planet except for maybe Obama. Bush won because against those two losers, Bush looked like the poster child for conservatism.

Apparently you are young, so once you get out into the world and start experiencing the REAL world with taxes taken from you and lazy ass people who want your stuff for free, you will slowly come around to the conservative side. It happens this way the majority of times.

But I recall YOU WHAT THEORY defending Bush like he was your main man...
What I find amusing is that now that he is gone and very unpopular you shun him
so much so that you have kicked him out of your club completely. Yet I remember having plenty of battles with you last summer where you and him did not have an inch between the two of you. Seems to me you enjoyed his hawkish attitude towards many a issue. However, now that he is not the president and his name incites various unsightly hand gestures you are here clipping his conservative nuts right off.

And yes I am young and apparently you forget that this new age of information has spawned a culture of connection and cohesion... Most kids from elementary will be turned off in the future to the GOP by their exposure to BUSH'S legacy and his affiliation with the party. Also he net breeds more tolerance and acceptance which bodes better for liberal ideology.

I doubt I will ever become conservative because of my love for science, as long as there are two strong factions of the GOP disputing climatology, archeology, anthropology, genetics and like it can never happen. That is what I meant by anti groups...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

They don't think homo's should be allowed to get married.

You just had to use that word.

gay unions are fine.

A lot of conservatives do not approve of unions either.

Besides, I guess you did not hear that most Americans feel the same way which is why of all places California voters rejected gay marriage proposals twice.

Well the majority of Americans want "don't ask, don't tell" overturned but the GOP doesn't seem to care about that.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

But I recall YOU WHAT THEORY defending Bush like he was your main man...

Ok, what was the topic. If I feel Bush was correct on a particular subject, of course I will defend him. On the other hand, it it is an issue where I disagree with him, I will criticize him.

I realize this is difficult for you to understand because liberals are taught that nothing is wrong and they must be defended even though it's obvious they are wrong.

I doubt I will ever become conservative because of my love for science, as long as there are two strong factions of the GOP disputing climatology, archeology, anthropology, genetics and like it can never happen. That is what I meant by anti groups...

What in particular of each of those topics do you believe the GOP disputes? Because as a conservative I don't dispute anything unless it is crap science like Man-Made Global Warming.

I have no idea what you are talking about regarding the other topics. You must be getting your info from some extreme biased location because it is far off base and just plain ignorant and wrong.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join