It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin to replace Steele as GOP Chairperson

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
You just had to use that word.

Yes, and it made me laugh because I knew it would ruffle some feathers.

A lot of conservatives do not approve of unions either.

There might be a few but I seriously doubt it is a lot. Show me some stats. I'm sure some democrats or liberals disaprove of unions also.

Well the majority of Americans want "don't ask, don't tell" overturned but the GOP doesn't seem to care about that.

Link please because I have not seen that stat.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

They don't think homo's should be allowed to get married. gay unions are fine.

Nothing anti-gay about that.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Nothing anti-gay about that.

Umm....No, it's not. Sensitive much?

We cannot appreviate anymore and we must type out completly all long words. Or is this the same as not being allowed to use Obama's middle name of Hussien because I would then be a racist.
Give me a break.

Plus see my previous post. Humor is your friend.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Yes, and it made me laugh because I knew it would ruffle some feathers.

Bastard.

Show me some stats

www.pollingreport.com...

Link please because I have not seen that stat.

www.gallup.com...

Gallup Poll data from 2009 reveal that majority support among Americans for repealing "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" has only strengthened in recent years.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by mental modulator
OK man good luck on the conservative revolution!!!

Thanks and I'm sure it will happen. History is your friend.

Anti gay

Conservatives are not anti-gay. They don't think homo's should be allowed to get married. gay unions are fine.

Besides, I guess you did not hear that most Americans feel the same way which is why of all places California voters rejected gay marriage proposals twice.

Anti "MEXICAN"

Stop. You are embarrassing yourself. What are you talking about?
Conservatives are NOT anti-mexican. Conservatives are against ILLEGAL immigration.
You do understand the difference between legal and illegal. If illegal immigration is allowed then it is just a slap in the face to all the legal mexicans who became U.S. citizens the proper and legal way.

Again, the majority of Americans feel the same way.

Anti science

OMG! Where are you getting these talking points? Liberals are us?

Please enlighten me on how conservatives are anti science especially given the fact that Reagan initiated the Star Wars Missile Defense System which if I am not mistaken is very scientific. Along with all the nuclear aircraft carriers and things like that.

Anti social programs

Holy smokes, you finally got one correct.
Thank God conservatives are against social programs. These programs are bankrupting our county. Just look at how California is now bankrupt.

Don't be an ass with the MEXICAN thing, you damn well saw the parenthesis I put next to that and you know what I meant, so don't play doe eyes with me.

People rejected the Gay marriage thing because there was wall to wall commercial carpeting insinuating that children were going to be molested as a result. Anyhow on this issue it is just a matter of time, it is obvious you do not interact with the youngsters.

The rejection of science goes with the creationists and the anti global warming crowd,
the second wants to negate melting poles, reduction of mid atlantic conveyor based upon what is good for big industry and the name. Not to mention those against stem cell research....

And on the social programs
the only one you like to fund is incarceration

and war!

thats fine man... like I said every generation gets a little more tolerant, the population is on the rise and we will both see.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

mm....No, it's not.

Then why post it to "ruffle feathers"?

We cannot appreviate anymore and we must type out completly all long words.

Gay/Homosexual is a long word?

[edit on 7-7-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

www.pollingreport.com...

I don't see conservatives on that list.
FYI, conservatives and republicans are NOT the same thing.

www.gallup.com...

The poll supports my case.

The headline says it all, "Conservatives Shift in Favor of Openly Gay Service Members". So what are you whining about?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

And on the social programs
the only one you like to fund is incarceration

and war!

Umm....those are NOT social programs.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Then why post it to "ruffle feathers"?

Because I'm at work and bored and it amuses me which helps the night go by faster.

Gay/Homosexual is a long word?

I could have said gay but did not. So what?
Which is longer......homo or homosexual? Get it now.
It's not my fault some are overly sensitive and think homo is a bad word. Why would anyone think that?

It must be the overly sensitive/politically correct people who are very intolerant. It's political correctness gone awry. homo is bad, midget is bad. black is bad. Give me a break with the nonesense.

[edit on 7/7/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Humor is your friend.

Right on man, nothing like a good fag joke to keep em laughing. Those silly homo's don't know how good they have it. (

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

But I recall YOU WHAT THEORY defending Bush like he was your main man...

Ok, what was the topic. If I feel Bush was correct on a particular subject, of course I will defend him. On the other hand, it it is an issue where I disagree with him, I will criticize him.

I realize this is difficult for you to understand because liberals are taught that nothing is wrong and they must be defended even though it's obvious they are wrong.

What are you talking about??? Liberals against GITMO, IRAQ
the reason people are against such things is exactly because they have a moral compass and a sense of right and wrong. In fact you defended GITMO and indef detention, if I recall correctly you made it clear that is the prudent and expedient position to maintain. So in GITMOS case YOU were like "nothing is wrong and must be defended even though it's obvious they are wrong". I maintained the principle that every imprisoned man has the right to a trial and charges. You followed the advice you ascribed to liberals...

STEP AWAY FROM THE POLITICS.....

Hope work passes quickly for you...

BTW you were gone for a while, where did you go?

Til we battle again!

BACK!

[edit on 7-7-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Right on man, nothing like a good fag joke to keep em laughing. Those silly homo's don't know how good they have it. (

It's apparent you are not reading my posts because homo is not a bad word. Good grief!

It must be the overly sensitive/politically correct people who are very intolerant. It's political correctness gone awry. homo is bad, midget is bad. black is bad. Give me a break with the nonesense.

Get over it. Gay, homo, homosexual....it all means the same thing.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I don't see conservatives on that list.
FYI, conservatives and republicans are NOT the same thing.

It's just a label they use but if you want to be picky search civil unions on the Gallup site I posted. You'll find it there.

what are you whining about?

I'm not whining about anything, you asked for stats I posted them, you're welcome.
The GOP does not support this movement but many Americans including conservatives do, that was my only point.

Because I'm at work and bored and it amuses me which helps the night go by faster.

My point was you did it just to annoy people, as you admitted, that's what bugged me, not the use of the word itself.

Edit: I have to get some shut eye. Enjoying this debate though, if you can't find the civil union stat I'll link it for you when I return.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

the reason people are against such things is exactly because they have a moral compass and a sense of right and wrong.

No it's not. Liberals are against GITMO and IRAQ because most have Bush derangement syndrome and cannot see the enemy in front of them. Why are you not screaming about all the troops your Messiah is sending to A-stan? Oh, since Obama sent them, it must be worthwhile.

In fact you defended GITMO and indef detention

Yes, and still do. So what? What's your point?
I guess instead of detaining terrorists, from now on when we capture them on the battlefield, we will send them to a resort in Hawaii like Obama did and read them their Miranda right which are only for U.S. citizens.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

the reason people are against such things is exactly because they have a moral compass and a sense of right and wrong.

No it's not. Liberals are against GITMO and IRAQ because most have Bush derangement syndrome and cannot see the enemy in front of them. Why are you not screaming about all the troops your Messiah is sending to A-stan? Oh, since Obama sent them, it must be worthwhile.

In fact you defended GITMO and indef detention

Yes, and still do. So what? What's your point?
I guess instead of detaining terrorists, from now on when we capture them on the battlefield, we will send them to a resort in Hawaii like Obama did and read them their Miranda right which are only for U.S. citizens.

No I am against GITMO because it is anti progress and draconian at best. I am against IRAQ because it is a futile attempt to re instate colonialism long after it should be dead and buried. MEN captured on the battle field are subject to the geneva convention in most civilized nations. A three tiered justice system is that of fascist states and America is not based upon fascist edicts.

Finally I think Obama need to shut down GITMO, follow the geneva convention or level charges and get out of the war business, you assume I will block for Obama as you did for Bush, I will not because I am principled. Obamas policies can use some tweaking
in order for me to not call him a conservative in eight years

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

I would love to continue the debate because I always enjoy a civil argument but we are getting WAY off topic for this thread. Plus I believe we have discussed this subject on numerous other threads.

Go Palin Go!!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

reply to post by mental modulator

I would love to continue the debate because I always enjoy a civil argument but we are getting WAY off topic for this thread. Plus I believe we have discussed this subject on numerous other threads.

Go Palin Go!!

Alright fair enough, have fun at work...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Palin to replace Steele as GOP Chairperson

What's next?

Carrie Prejean for House Minority Whip?
Qualifications: She speaks her mind.

As if simple expression of ones opinions (however daffy) are more than enough to qualify you for lofty positions in the republican party or possibly the White House. Like with Prejean, the GOP seem keen on snatching up any flavor of the month in a desperate attempt to relate to what's popular and have some hollow "persecuted" symbol to rally their supporters to a cause.

They play the victim card on a daily basis now.

I'm personally not concerned with the fact that Palin "speaks her mind" (so do the people with the opinions you don't like), I'm just more concerned with the bewildering contents contained therein and the agonizing rigmarole spilling thereout.

She should make Joe-the-plumber her presidential running mate.
That will keep the hilariousness of these GOP political moves going.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
As if simple expression of ones opinions (however daffy) are more than enough to qualify you for lofty positions in the republican party or possibly the White House.

That is what got Obama into the white house because lord knows his views were extremely daffy and dangerous plus he had no experience. Hell, Palin has more experience than Obama.

I'm just more concerned with the bewildering contents contained therein and the agonizing rigmarole spilling thereout.

Unfortunately we now know the results of Obama's bewildering contents and it is most definitely rigamarole.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Well there is no link that I saw and nothing in the news about it but it would be a typical GOP move of replacing an idiot with a moron.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by grover]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join