It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Proponents of those measures regard this criticism as unwarranted and contend that there exists a variety of dangerous actions (sexual abuse, extortion, etc.) that alleged cults engage in, besides the few cases of mass suicide and murder.
Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64: Sahih Bukhari Aisha: that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death).
From Khomeini's book, "Tahrirolvasyleh", fourth volume, Darol Elm, Gom, Iran, 1990 : A man can have sexual pleasure from a child as young as a baby. However he should not penetrate, sodomising the child is OK. If the man penetrates and damages the child then he should be responsible for her subsistence all her life. This girl, however does not count as one of his four permanent wives. The man will not be eligible to marry the girls sister.
British children as young as nine are being forced to marry against their will by their families, campaigners have warned. Charities supporting victims of forced marriages report growing numbers of young teenagers and children seeking help. They are urging schools to take tougher action where they suspect pupils are at risk, and to monitor their rolls carefully and raise the alarm when children disappear. Thousands of Britons - mainly young women from the Asian communities - are thought to be victims of forced marriage each year, but concerns are increasingly focused on the plight of underage girls who are being offered for marriage to foreign men when they have barely left primary school.
July 6 (Bloomberg) -- China’s government said at least 140 people were killed in ethnic rioting in the capital of Xinjiang province, and blamed overseas Uighur groups for the violence.
MANILA, Philippines (AP) — Suspected Muslim guerrillas hurled two grenades near a crowded town plaza where a beauty contest was being held in the southern Philippines, killing at least one person and wounding 32 others, security officials said Sunday.
A car bomb exploded in a market area of Kirkuk, Iraq’s northern oil hub, killing dozens of people on the day U.S. combat troops withdrew from cities and left Iraqi forces solely in charge of urban security. A green Mercedes-Benz exploded in the crowded area, according to U.S. military officials monitoring the incident with Iraqi police. Initial figures provided by the police to the U.S. Army stationed on Kirkuk’s outskirts estimated the dead at 41, said Major James Rawlinson, a spokesman. Iraqi television said the fatalities totaled 25.
A group that is sued or charged with a crime less serious than life-threatening is generally not called a destructive cult, but is sometimes labeled an "abusive cult," or is just referred to as a cult, since that is sociologically plausible in avoiding a libel case.
The following is a description of what cult is:
1. A cult is a religious group with extreme beliefs and practices - beliefs that are often contrary to science and logic but they are believed as "obvious" truth by the cult members.
2. The members of cults often isolate themselves from friends, family and society and use deceptive and unethical recruiting techniques
3. Use manipulative methods to control the minds of followers
4. Venerate a human leader or leaders
5. Recruiting work is performed by all of the members
6. People are not allowed to criticize the leader, the doctrine, or the organization, or read information that is critical of the cult.
7. Members are trained to reject and disbelieve criticism of the cult as lies from Satan.
8. Members spy on one another and report improper activities or comments to leaders.
9. Members are taught to suppress anything which might reflect negatively to outsiders about the cult.
10. The doctrine is absolutist and the ideology is internalized as "the Truth."
11. Members are told to avoid contact with ex-members or critics, even their relatives.
12. Members are instilled with a deep fear about ever leaving the organization, and anyone who does depart is of the devil and sometimes severely punished.
13. Members are emotional controlled and warned of being caught and punished. 14. Disciplinary action is administered by group leaders, which may involve excommunication for such things as questioning organization policy or doctrine.
15. People are encouraged to sacrifice education, career and family interests to server the interests of the cult.
16. Advocate socializing only with other members in the organization and avoiding outsiders.
17. The belief in apocalypse and Dooms Day.
Originally posted by TheAmused
Remember waco texas?
We killed the whole lot of them.
Yet we allow this religion/cult to continue? why i ask why?
Where in the Bible does it say child molestation is wrong? Answer The Bible nowhere speaks specifically of child molestation. Instead both the Law of Moses and the New Testament deal with sexuality in broader terms. The law of the Jews condemns various incestuous relationships, which would include child molestation by a parent. (Leviticus 18) It also deals with rape (Deuteronomy 22), homosexuality (Leviticus 18:22), adultery (Leviticus 18:20), and sexual relations outside marriage (Deuteronomy 22). All those topics could include improper sexual relations with a child or adult.
Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64: Sahih Bukhari Aisha: that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death). The intervals between prayers are used for quick stands "I used to wash the traces of Janaba (semen) from the clothes of the Prophet and he used to go for prayers while traces of water were still on it." From Khomeini's book, "Tahrirolvasyleh", fourth volume, Darol Elm, Gom, Iran, 1990 : A man can have sexual pleasure from a child as young as a baby. However he should not penetrate, sodomising the child is OK. If the man penetrates and damages the child then he should be responsible for her subsistence all her life.
Originally posted by arbiture Islam has not had a reasonable thought since the prophet spaced out in his cave in the 7 century ce. Hey to all Islamic peoples out there, may I remind you this is the 21st century, and I would be overjoyed if you just grew the ****up.