It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim relegion cult and why it should be banned in the united state's.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Bro, you don't have to add an apostrophe to everything ending in "s". You said: Muslim's, practice's, law's, center's, bomb's, condone's, say's, bishop's, christian's, library's, and countless others. By adding the apostrophe, you are basically saying: Muslim is, practice is, law is, center is, bomb is, condone is, say is, bishop is, christian is, library is. I KNOW you don't mean to say that. The only times you should add an apostrophe is when you are showing possession (John's dog), or as a contraction of the word, plus is (John's being strange).

With that out of the way, time to get to the main topic. As others (notice, no apostrophe) have said, the Catholic church is just as guilty of these charges as the Muslims. IMO if you are wanting to get rid of the Muslims, first get rid of the Catholics, as I see many more of them on a day to day basis than I see Muslims.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused

VS muslim's Qur'an stance
www.papillonsartpalace.com...

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64: Sahih Bukhari Aisha: that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death). The intervals between prayers are used for quick stands "I used to wash the traces of Janaba (semen) from the clothes of the Prophet and he used to go for prayers while traces of water were still on it." From Khomeini's book, "Tahrirolvasyleh", fourth volume, Darol Elm, Gom, Iran, 1990 : A man can have sexual pleasure from a child as young as a baby. However he should not penetrate, sodomising the child is OK. If the man penetrates and damages the child then he should be responsible for her subsistence all her life.

That ain't the Quran. The Muslim holy book does not have volumes nor books, it has 114 suras. So, whatever that is, somebody deliberately misquoted and mislabeled it.

That other quote is also not from Quran.

So yeah, the Quran does not condone any of those things. However, some religious zealots have their own ideas of what they should or should not do, that goes for all organized religions.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

wtf kinda world do i live in?

You live in the kind of world that's been doing some of the same things for thousands of years before you or this country was even conceived.

As far as your original post, almost any religion could be considered a cult. Why you're singling out Islam is beyond me.

And before bringing up the World Trade Center again, you may want to do some research. There's overwhelming evidence that the 1993 bombing and 9/11 were not done by muslim extremists. Especially as the FBI is currently saying there's no hard evidence linking the highjackers or bin Laden to 9/11. You can either take some time to research this above, or you can stay in your own little world and continue to believe that your government is your savior and is all knowing, all powerful and all truthful.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
yet some of these same CTs will probably "flock" to their local 'church' to be told what to think by a 'clergy', or other authority figure in the 'religion', who promises to "lead" them towards paths of righteousness, or some such horse hockey as that.

You know some of my beliefs. I follow no one. I am told what to think by no one. I make my own choices and I walk my own path based on my own research.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by laura petrie

www.wikiislam.com...
65:4 shows that the Quran allows a girl that hasn’t yet menstruated to be divorced, implying that such a girl could be married. Given that the Quran doesn’t forbid child-marriage and that Islam encourages following Muhammad’s example, child-marriage is supported by Islam.

[65.4] And (as for) those of your women who have despaired of menstruation, if you have a doubt, their prescribed time shall be three months, and of those too who have not had their courses; and (as for) the pregnant women, their prescribed time is that they lay down their burden; and whoever is careful of (his duty to) Allah He will make easy for him his affair.

sorry but the quran say's it .

it's ok to marry her but if she hasn't had a mistral cycle she can ask for a divorce..WTF

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

As far as your original post, almost any religion could be considered a cult. Why you're singling out Islam is beyond me.

well if i saw Jehovah witness's car bombing Thousands of people a week.
and johava witness bible or what ever they use..lol saying it's ok to have sex with baby's and to marry them..as long as you don't penetrate.
and if i saw it from any religion in there HOLY BOOK....id be right here telling ya there sick pups.

But as i sit atm..
only the quran and the Muslim faith condones it.

So you think we should turn our check?
let them marry off there children to petofile's ect..
it's there belief ect?

The very thought of a book in the book store being sold in my community.
that condones sex with 6 year old kid's.
and call's it a religion and not one person say's a word make's my head explode.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by TheAmused]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

That part talks about older women (menopause) and pregnant women, not children. I have consulted four different translations utilising the all-mighty google search

The way you pick and choose what you want it to mean is the same way religious zealots pick and chose what they want it to mean.

All organized religions do it and have always done it.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by laura petrie]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

i used wiki .
which of the million website hit's would you personally except as the correct verse and what it ment?

also is wiki christian based?

cause i didn't write the wiki lol
and wiki isn't claiming it made a false statement.

it's a wiki for Islam made by Muslims for Muslims!!!

so what part am i not getting?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Banned? No. Avoid joining? Yes.
It's a darn stupid religion IMHO.
But then again ... lots of them are stupid.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

www.wikiislam.com...
65:4 shows that the Quran allows a girl that hasn’t yet menstruated to be divorced, implying that such a girl could be married. Given that the Quran doesn’t forbid child-marriage and that Islam encourages following Muhammad’s example, child-marriage is supported by Islam.

[65.4] And (as for) those of your women who have despaired of menstruation, if you have a doubt, their prescribed time shall be three months, and of those too who have not had their courses; and (as for) the pregnant women, their prescribed time is that they lay down their burden; and whoever is careful of (his duty to) Allah He will make easy for him his affair.

sorry but the quran say's it .

it's ok to marry her but if she hasn't had a mistral cycle she can ask for a divorce..WTF

People around the world, from many different religions, married kids all the up til the early 1900s. It was perfectly normal. I think its disgusting, but it was accepted for a long time. They would marry girls like 11,12,13 years old. And it wasn't just for muslims that did this, christians did this, all people did it

And as far as muslims car bombing people (unless you believe 9/11 was just a bunch of muslims that did it), I don't recall there have been any muslim car bombings in the united states, and there have been muslims here for a long time. Most the muslims living in the united states are not EXTREMISTS you are thinking of extremists and you are thinking of the middle east.

Most of the muslims I know as a matter of fact aren't even religious, most their parents are, but I'm young in my 20's and all the ones I know my age are cool good people and they act and do the same stuff that everyone else does my age. Most of their parents are pretty religious, but they are still for the most part nice people and don't ever force their religion on me or anything. I have however had catholics and christians force their religion and preach to me MANY, MANY times.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by InfectedWithDevils]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by InfectedWithDevils

but muslims are still practicing this pedophilia in there religion.

that good sir is called wrong...
it is so far ingrained in this religion they will die for Allah and there belief's.
which one of those beliefs just happens to be...drum roll please...... pedofilia.

www.haaretz.com...

A 50-year old Saudi man has agreed to divorce his 9-year-old bride, media reported on Thursday, after the marriage drew international criticism. The decision, reported by newspapers Alwatan and Al-Riyadh, came after months of court hearings, criticism from the United Nations and an international media frenzy about Saudi Arabia's human rights practices. "This is a good step and I think the man did it because he was under a lot of pressure from everyone," Wajeha Al-Huaider, founder of the Group for Women's Rights in Saudi Arabia, told Reuters by telephone.

there is some little 6 year old girl right being told it's allah's will.

so it's not he past when it's happening more than you know in this era.

world-news.newsvine.com...

An 8-year-old Saudi girl has divorced her middle-aged husband after her father forced her to marry him last year in exchange for about $13,000, her lawyer said Thursday.

i can show you literally thousands of link's to the arranged mirages to 6 7 year old..not in 7 century ce.. today yesterday...21rst century.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

cop on to yourself, son.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

reply to post by InfectedWithDevils

www.haaretz.com...

A 50-year old Saudi man has agreed to divorce his 9-year-old bride, media reported on Thursday, after the marriage drew international criticism. The decision, reported by newspapers Alwatan and Al-Riyadh, came after months of court hearings, criticism from the United Nations and an international media frenzy about Saudi Arabia's human rights practices. "This is a good step and I think the man did it because he was under a lot of pressure from everyone," Wajeha Al-Huaider, founder of the Group for Women's Rights in Saudi Arabia, told Reuters by telephone.

there is some little 6 year old girl right being told it's allah's will.

so it's not he past when it's happening more than you know in this era.

world-news.newsvine.com...

An 8-year-old Saudi girl has divorced her middle-aged husband after her father forced her to marry him last year in exchange for about $13,000, her lawyer said Thursday.

i can show you literally thousands of link's to the arranged mirages to 6 7 year old..not in 7 century ce.. today yesterday...21rst century.

Yeah cool, you got 2 examples... you want me to pull up the 100's of examples of priests and catholics molesting children? Just type in like "catholic priest molests" in google and you'll get tons and tons and tons of stories.

None of these muslims marrying kids are in america. That would never be allowed here. I know no muslims here that are into that. I don't know much about the middle east, but maybe thats still accepted there, and thats disgusting. But whatever, its not your problem, do you live in the middle east? Not like they are going to start doing this in america.

Stop being afraid. Muslim people are the same as any other religious person. There is a VERY SMALL number of extremist muslim people in the states. There is also quite a few catholic and christian extremists too, the idiots that bomb abortion clinics, and that disgusting family with is always picketing with those "god hates fags" signs. Absolutely DISGUSTING.Filthy.

All religion is disgusting to me, so i'm not defending islam here. I'm just saying if other religions can practice in the states, so should muslim people.

I think that muslim that was married to a kid disgusting, but thats not every muslim, and that ESPECIALLY doesnt happen with americas muslims. I don't know any muslims that are attracted to kids or would to marry a kid lol. And I know a good amount of muslims, and none of them were molested by their parents or anything either. And none of them are anti america or anything either, they love it here, if they didn't they woulda stayed in the middle east. They moved here to escape the middle east and they LOVE America. They should be allowed to practice their religion here, nothing wrong with that, religion is important to people. Look how important it is to all the catholics and christians... its the same thing with the muslims. And its not the muslims that are extremists there are PLENTY of catholic and christian extremists too.

This is so preposterious.

You are really just grasping for straws my good man.

Every muslim is not a pedophile, or course there are muslim pedophiles. There are also catholic and chritian pedophiles all over the world, there pedophiles in every religion.

I notice you just ignore all the stuff about catholic priests CONSTANTLY get caught doing VILE DISGUTING THINGS to little kids, and the catholic church just pays off the kids and parents and covers it up. disgusting, vile scumbags they are.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by InfectedWithDevils]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I think you will find that society and the media are outraged by the Catholic church covering up paedophiles.

Someone said that Christians were marrying children in the 1900's when and where?

In 2007 a tiny little ten year old girl turned up alone at the court in Sana, Yemen, and declared: "I have come to get a divorce." This hadn't happened before. According to the Yemen Times, in some parts of the country the average marriage age is ten, and some 50 percent of marriages are to underage girls. But Nujood Ali was unique in escaping to a court door, pleading for help.

Saudi Arabia has said it will regulate child brides, but not outlaw them.

Child brides, forced marriages, female genital mutilation and forcing a woman to cover up does not belong in the 21st century, this is oppression of women.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Wow. How did you come up with something like that? It's clear you're just biased against the religion, and are willing to prove it evil no matter what. Ok, I won't go into a philosophical debate about why what you say is right or wrong. Let's just start from the beginning, and see where you've gone wrong.

"it is classified as a very dangerous cult by government standards."

Ok first mistake. It's a full fledged, God-based, Abrahamic, religion with a holy scripture and an origin dating back to the 7th century. I don't care what Wikipedia says, you can't pass off something like that as a cult. And any effort to do so is simply ridiculous. It's one of the major religions in the world, with a (supposed) divine origin. If THIS is a cult, then so are most major religions today. Christianity included.

"i will show evidence it condones and practice's to this day child molestation. www.papillonsartpalace.com... Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64: Sahih Bukhari Aisha: that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death)."

This gets more unbelievable by the minute. The 'Sahih Bukhari' is not their religious scripture. It's an account of the life of their Prophet, Muhammed. They have ABSOLUTELY NO REQUIREMENT to follow every single thing that Muhammed did. Though yes, some do it because they look up to him, or because most of the things he did are things favored by the Quran (the name of the religious scripture that you referred to as 'their bible'). Let me add, Muhammed isn't worshiped or considered as their 'GOD'. He wasn't perfect, he was only a human being. Yes he did some things that are immoral, and the Quran, which is the word that is to be followed, does not in ANY way support Muhammed's actions on marrying a girl at the age of 9, nor does it support ANY kind of pedophilia or child molestation.

"From Khomeini's book, "Tahrirolvasyleh", fourth volume, Darol Elm, Gom, Iran, 1990 : A man can have sexual pleasure from a child as young as a baby. However he should not penetrate, sodomizing the child is OK. If the man penetrates and damages the child then he should be responsible for her subsistence all her life. This girl, however does not count as one of his four permanent wives. The man will not be eligible to marry the girls sister."

Oh boy. The book 'Tahrirolvasyleh' is written by Iran's Khomeini. He is no authority on Islam outside of his own country, and therefore his book has no value on the Islamic community as a whole. But since he's the leader of sorts of his own country, only his countrymen are bound to anything he has said or written. And THAT is more a political matter than a religious one. NO MUSLIM OUTSIDE IRAN WILL GIVE 2 SH**TS ABOUT THIS BOOK.

Bottom line, a proper muslim is only to consider the words written in the Quran, which in NO way says or supports anything mentioned above. Anyone who engages in immoral activities is NOT following the QURAN, and therefore is not a proper muslim, therefore voiding the argument.

As for the rest of your various quotes from various websites about the death and destruction that has been caused my 'ISLAM', Let's not get into each of them individually as they're all of the same nature. So addressing them generally, let me ask you this. Do you actually KNOW any muslims that go to work with you, or live around in your neighborhood, or EVER met ANY RANDOM MUSLIM? If yes, does he/she support all these acts of violence or terrorism that certain Islamic factions have committed? The answer is NO! why? Are they not muslims? Where did they get off disagreeing with their 'CULT'? I'm actually gonna issue you a challenge to find ONE person of the muslim community in your immediate neighborhood/workplace/everyday spots, that support those well researched quotes of terrorist activity of yours.

Like KSPigpen said, "I think it's important to separate the actions of extremists and criminals from the rest of the participants"

You can not catch hold of a rogue minority to represent a HUGE community. All the negative activity here is done by scum that hide under the name of their religion by manipulating it to suit their needs, (think jihad) and probably to help live with themselves by justifying these acts of hate, that have actually stemmed from causes that have nothing to do with religion. Ever heard the expression 'a few bad apples'? Look into it. It's a very nice, meaningful phrase, if you can get down to understand it.

Look, you can not hold against the general muslim community the actions of some crazed individuals that are led by closed-mindedness, intolerance, stupidity, arrogance, and insanity, just because they HAPPEN to be born into Islam. The day statistics show that even as low as 25% of the muslims of the world are involved in and support such acts of violence and hate, I'll eat my own words and say "you win, Islam is a cult". And 25% is laughable because I'm sure these radical extremists only constitute about 5% of the muslim population in the world. And If you doubt that, I suggest you better do some research to find out the most recent estimation of the total population of the muslims worldwide.

If anything, the ISLAMIC religion has only been unfortunate to contain a larger than it's share of bad apples. What you are doing, sir, is called 'generalizing'. And it's very, very wrong. I mean, I don't judge a certain large religious community whose numerous priests have been convicted and accused of child molestation, child sodomy and pedophilia, as opposed to just one person in their history.

Get rid of Hate. Try understanding and compassion. Try love.

[edit on 6/7/09 by darklord]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Let me just add here as a small note, that I'm not a supporter of ISLAM at all. What I am , is a supporter of Open-mindedness, compassion, and understanding of the situation of those peaceful, innocent people that get caught up in wrongful generalizations like the one's you've just made. And to be very frank, I have doubts about the authenticity of the religion and it's scripture's claims myself, but I see no reason to give the believers static of any kind. If they want to believe it, then I respect their decision. I disapprove the wrongdoers as much as you do. I just don't extend that disapproval to the rest of the kind, peaceful people who happen to share the same religion as the former, but don't share their views.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

you are not seeing my point here.
There religious cult book...condone's it and say's it must be done.
petofile sexual molestation of children. ect.

the christian/jewish bible is strictly against it.

You are wrong, I'm afraid.

From the Talmud of Babylonia:

'Said Rabbi Joseph, "Come and take note: A girl three years and one day old is betrothed by intercourse. And if a Levir has had intercourse with her, he has acquired her. And one can be liable on her account because of the law prohibiting intercourse with a married woman. And she imparts uncleanness to him who has intercourse with her when she is menstruating, to convey uncleanness to the lower as to the upper layer [of what lies beneath]. If she was married to a priest, she may eat food in the status of priestly rations. If one of those who are unfit for marriage with her had intercourse with her, he has rendered her unfit to marry into the priesthood. If any of those who are forbidden in the Torah to have intercourse with her had intercourse with her, he is put to death on her account, but she is free of responsibility

R. Nahman bar Isaac said. "They made the decree that a gentile child should be deemed unclean with the flux uncleanness [described at Lev.15], so that an Israelite child should not hang around with him and commit pederasty [as he does]."
For said R. Zira, "I had much anguish with R. Assi, and R. Assi with R. Yohanan, and R. Yohanan with R. Yannai, and R. Yannai with R. Nathan b. Amram, and R. Nathan b. Amram with Rabbi [on this matter]: 'From what age is a gentile child deemed unclean with the flux uncleanness [described at Lev.15]'? And he said to me, 'On the day on which he is born.' But when I came to R. Hiyya, he said to me, 'From the age of nine years and one day.' And when I came and laid the matter before Rabbi, he said to me, 'Discard my reply and adopt that of R. Hiyya, who declared, "From what age is a gentile child deemed unclean with the flux uncleanness [described at Lev.15]? From the age of nine years and one day."'
[37A] Since he is then suitable for having sexual relations, he also is deemed unclean with the flux uncleanness [of Lev.15]."
Said Rabina, "Therefore a gentile girl who is three years and one day old, since she is then suitable to have sexual relations, also imparts uncleanness of the flux variety."
That is self-evident!'

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

If you believe in the ideals of America, I'd suggest that you re-examine your position. When it comes down to Religion, the Government should ban NO religion. The only time the government should get involved is by a case by case basis where they can prove that laws such as murder, theft, extortion, rape are being broken. And even then it should only be on the grounds of enforcing the laws.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

i am not just trying to bash muslim's here....any cult that does such behavior on the scale this has need's delt with.

Remember waco texas?
We killed the whole lot of them.
Yet we allow this religion/cult to continue? why i ask why?

because it is politically taboo to talk about anything negative about Muslims and Islam

because there are over one billion Islam followers worldwide making them one of the three most important religion on Earth

because there are too many sects within the Islam, and your government is already trying to kill the lots who they deem to be evil

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Banning a religion is always a bad idea it just plays into the hands of the extremist elements in all faiths they would look at it as a gift from God.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join