It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Jacksons Ghost ?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

True. But someone was saying above that they believed that it is a 3 dimensional object. It adds to the idea IMO.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by KEMIK]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

It's not that strange. think of Moonlight. The moon is simply reflecting light from the sun. If you put something gigantic between the moon and the sun, the moon would wink out of our sight. And it's ambient light that the earth gets would also get winked out.

The shiny floor is reflecting the ambient light from the room, the man walking by blocks the light source, the floor reflects the absence of light.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Saidin

Good point. Definitely a possibility that it's nothing more than the shadow of someone in that specific room. I'm sure there was quite a bit of filming going on.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

In one of the CNN videos, around 25 seconds in or so, you can see someone walking around the house. Dressed in white, not sure what he's doing, but it shows there's people moving about while they were filming.

It was this CNN video.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
If the "Ghost" had been walking backwards, maybe.

But a forward walking ghost?
Inconclusive.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
+++++++++++++++
AND THE FINDINGS>>>

It is indeed just a shadow on the wall. I downloaded the video, expanded the area, set it to high quality, and here is how that looked

there is a angled wall at the beginning, the shadow emerges from the corner, and seems to be elongated, as if someone is passing close to a lightsource, the shadow then moves across more, it squishes up at the corner..you see the shadow reflected from the wall down the hall, giving it the appearance of "legs", when in reality its just the highly polished floor reflecting the shadow..the shadow gets thinner the more it goes (which happens when your walking away from a light source).

So, my theory is that this is just a shadow of someone in the other room (the most convincing part being of course where the shadow seems to merge with the overhead lamp shadow..

I slapped this together real quick to demonstrate

Thank you for this, but it makes me think it looks even more like a ghost.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

lol
well, if thats what you want to see, then more powa to ya.
If however I was on the ghost hunters team, I woulda tossed this footage out

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyfriendfinder
Who knows, also if any of you guys want to help out a new site I am running check it out: www.conspiracyfriendfinder.com.... Its a place where fellow conspiracy theorists can meet and discuss various topics.

Really...dont you find that a bit disrespectful...sorta like going to McDonalds and suggesting people check out Burger King.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyfriendfinder

if any of you guys want to help out a new site I am running check it out: www.conspiracyfriendfinder.com.... Its a place where fellow conspiracy theorists can meet and discuss various topics.

Umm... Isn't that what we do here? We are "fellow conspiracy theorists that meet and discuss various topics" and we meet here, not at your site. It's a lame attempt to advertise your site as well.

Seems like a lot of wasted effort just to try and create a cheesy spin off of ATS.

Whatever blows your skirt up....

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Now that I have looked at it again and again. This is not a Shadow on the Wall. It is something that appears in the middle of the hallway. Look at the blacka nd white version of it.

The "shadow" is seen in the dark area of the fire place and doesnt' have a stretched look that a shadow would have.

This is NOT AGAINST THE WALL> That is an Illusion.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I know there are ghosts, wandering spirits. But if it can be explained as something besides a ghost, that's probably what it is. This is most likely a mortal's shadow because there's almost always a shadow to be seen where there's light, but a spirit isn't always visible when it's there. Someone is walking through that room, or outside, blocking the light. The shadow is seen on the wall, and the floor is showing a mirror image of the wall. If there is a ghost, we are only seeing it's shadow.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
oops i hit reload, delete post

[edit on 3-7-2009 by GlassRunner]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GlassRunner
I know there are ghosts, wandering spirits. But if it can be explained as something besides a ghost, that's probably what it is. This is most likely a mortal's shadow because there's almost always a shadow to be seen where there's light, but a spirit isn't always visible when it's there. Someone is walking through that room, or outside, blocking the light. The shadow is seen on the wall, and the floor is showing a mirror image of the wall. If there is a ghost, we are only seeing it's shadow.

Look at the video Stormdancer777 linked to. Look carefully at the black and white, the "shadow" that looks like it is against the wall, but actually it is appearing in the center of the hall, you can see it walking through the darker area of the fireplace. This is not a ahadow on the wall, as I originally thought.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by talisman]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by northof8
Umm... Isn't that what we do here? We are "fellow conspiracy theorists that meet and discuss various topics" and we meet here, not at your site. It's a lame attempt to advertise your site as well.

Seems like a lot of wasted effort just to try and create a cheesy spin off of ATS.

Whatever blows your skirt up....

Actually this site is chock full of skeptics and nay sayers that need to GTFO, they're not above jack ####.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
it was mj doing a moon walk for the camera

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

lol

I don't know if I believe in ghost,

I am no expert on the subject.

[edit on 073131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
When i watched the cnn link not you tube
and double clicked on FULL SCREEN
The Shadow does clearly bend and wrap around the wall break to the left of the fireplace..... pls review on Full screen at the very beginning as it comes in.

Its a shadow therefore on a wall as it changes it perspective on the bend.
someone feel free to slow it down and load it, then go to full view and ull clearly see the wall change "wrap"

DEBUNKED

[edit on 3-7-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I hate to be a stick in the mud, but I've worked in film/video (lighting/camera/editing)for the past 15-16 years and this is nothing more then someone (PA / Grip etc)walking in front of of a light.

Film is a 2-D media, lighting is used to creat an illusion of 3-D, so lights of all shapes, sizes and intensity's are positioned everywhere outta site. A small almost laser light might be positioned from the ceiling pointed down to hightlight a molding on the wall for depth, another might be a 3x4ft bathtub light with a soft intensity for overall daylight effect. Times that by alot if your lighting a large area. This also explains the multiple shadows people are seeing.

Looks to me like the crew is prep lighting the next room or already had for depth on the down the hall shot. Some dude walked by. I edit now and have to cut around this stuff all the time.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

lol

I don't know if I believe in ghost,

I am no expert on the subject.

[edit on 073131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

Oh, I dont believe in Ghosts, in the same way I dont believe in gravity, I simply know without a doubt there are ghosts. Why? because I have had about 5 experiences in my life. One of them being so profound that no matter what I tried, I couldnt debunk...
Now, I know there are ghosts...I believe that ghosts or rather, the ghost phenomona is some sort of conscious energy left over from people once they die. I dont know how, or why...but, I could be wrong about the belief part.
but ghosts flat out exist, the people whom say they dont, well, in this specific instance, they are dead wrong...like someone telling me because they havent experienced London, London doesnt exist...I been there, I know it exists...no matter what argument they use, I will simply think...yep, your dead wrong.

and in my opinion...this video...is not a ghost...its a shadow on the wall.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by SaturnFX]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join