It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Only God Thread. Why, If God Is Our Father, Doent He Intervene So We Dont Die Or Suffer?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Totakeke

If a husband sees another man flirting with his wife, he is right to be jealous, for only he has the right to flirt with his wife. This type of jealousy is not sinful. Rather, it is entirely appropriate. Being jealous for something that God declares to belong to you is good

I wonder how many women would actually agree with this way of thinking ?

Perhaps a good indicator of how "good" this jealousy actually is would be how many women are drawn to a man with a jealousy strek .

Typical xtian misogynist, thank god xtinity si disappearing, as there's very little difference between that and islam

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

God is not a man, he is all mankind

Well what you telling me for, why not take it up withe the writers of the bibles. Obviously there are glaring contradictions in the bibles,
Now which chapter or version is truth ? All these contradictions make the bibles look like Jack and the Beanstalk.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

If you'd actually read the Bible and take the verses in context there aren't any contradictions, not like the theory of evolution of the big bang theory, which keep changing.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

Those starving...what did they do?

***What did they do? They had to many children.
They didn't take care of their garden.
They failed to plan ahead. It's not like they have never had famine before.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

If a husband sees another man flirting with his wife, he is right to be jealous, for only he has the right to flirt with his wife. This type of jealousy is not sinful. Rather, it is entirely appropriate. Being jealous for something that God declares to belong to you is good

I wonder how many women would actually agree with this way of thinking ?

Perhaps a good indicator of how "good" this jealousy actually is would be how many women are drawn to a man with a jealousy strek .

Typical xtian misogynist, thank god xtinity si disappearing, as there's very little difference between that and islam

I think a lot of women would be flattered that their husband is jealous of the fact that someone is flirting with them. That's what a husband does, he loves his wife.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Gay used to mean Happy. Poor Gay...getting a bad rap. Ever notice that the only thing gay to talk about is sex. Gay Sex, that is really the only thing that makes someone gay. No real other definitives.

There is nothing to hate about Gays, but I'm going to tell you the truth. They can have Gay Sex, but they can not procreate. This ends the life. God hates ending the life.

It is as simple as adding OR subtracting.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke
reply to post by favouriteslave

God is infinitely loving, but also infinitely just. I recommend looking up the second part.

That's funny.

How do you explain babies and children with cancer?
or
9/11?
or many many other atrocities that god could have prevented if he were indeed JUST..

More crap peddling in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

If you'd actually read the Bible and take the verses in context there aren't any contradictions, not like the theory of evolution of the big bang theory, which keep changing.

There are endless contradictions in the bible.
I've read it and taken it in context and still found plenty of contradictions.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

I think it's because you're looking for contradictions. The Bible isn't meant to be picked apart. Sure, we can analyze it and learn about what God's really saying, but picking it apart isn't going to help. The Bible is God's word and those whom truly believe don't need to pick it apart and try to find problems with it.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Here we go again. It IS NOT GODS WORD! It is MANS word ABOUT what they think they know about our creator. You must get that straight. It is a fact.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Well of course man wrote it down, but it's still God's Word.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Totakeke]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Because there comes a time when every good parent must learn to let go and let their children learn on their own *this includes consequences*. I am just thankful that time is not yet for me.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
How would you feel if I told you much of it was missing. See you didn't get to decide what was "gods word" Constantine and the council of Nicae did that for you. What if they took an important part of it out. Even better what if they never wanted you to see those other parts?

I think that if god himself came down and told you the bible had it all wrong, you will still find an excuse for it's debauchery.

Well of course man wrote it down, but it's still God's Word.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I really don't care who put together the Bible. I'm not going to stop believing in God simply because you think the Bible is wrong.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Ah, but your bible and "god" is not the same thing. One concept does not require the other.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I think your signature explains it all.

I really don't care who put together the Bible. I'm not going to stop believing in God simply because you think the Bible is wrong.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Okay. I still really don't care. I'll always be steadfast in my beliefs and my signature is nothing more than a Futurama quote about not giving up hope.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

just answer me this.. did man write the bible or did god?

interpretation can be a funny thing... just like my pet goat.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
god likes to watch us squirm and suffer.

He is on a huge power trip, he loves to watch people screaming his name, begging for help or forgiveness while they are dying.

He gets off on it.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SkitzoFrenic

You got it so right, and there's more to it. He likes to twist the knife, and give good things to people who don't even dare deserve them, and rub it in the faces of the have nots. Like people who shouldn't even THINK about breeding, who have wives and kids.... Winning lottos to people who already have money, and not to people who really NEED the money.... and on and on and on.

Real F*ing loving, that.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join