It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Only God Thread. Why, If God Is Our Father, Doent He Intervene So We Dont Die Or Suffer?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

see there is that word again HE

its not a BLOKE!!!

why do people think god is a guy? do you equate god as a man???

now i know we are shafted.....

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
Go through several people who ended up hurting you, ended up not being quite compatible with you, you fell 'out of love" with each other, etc. until you finally found "the one" who chose to fully be in love with you and spend their life with you and you each gave your all for each other and put them ahead of yourself, choosing to "serve" each other....

Would you choose the robot servant or the one who chose to be yours? When the gift of freewill was given, the desire to serve ones self and everything that comes from that desire was born. God does not want "robots". He wants people to choose to be with Him.

This analogy only works if you take all those broads that you didn't get along with and repeatedly belt them in the eye...

forever.

If you're still not sure about religion, please see my sig.

STILL not sure? Here's the man in my sig.

This thread might help you

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Western religions are cancer.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Sunsetspawn

Actually, that's not correct. It's not "believe or die", it's "accept salvation or be separated from God forever". God can't have sinners in Heaven. He wants people to accept the gift of forgiveness but people choose not to.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Totakeke]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Totakeke

forgive them for what being created?

are you having a laff?

God is not coming to save you im sorry...

the reason for this crap is the fact PEOPLE WANT TO HOLD GODS HAND

its STUPID.................

look out your window ffs

do you see god???

no i see man being a total idiot.. thats what i see.,

its STUPID.

IT made us.. What is ur point? REPENT? for what? "he" i hate that word but yea "he" MADE US

what logic part of "He" made us to what? be sinners?? to forgive us? are you insane????

being here is the point!!! not wasting time asking why? why? why what?

why am i hear o lord lets all repent even tho he was the one who gave us the choice to sin?

what a load of bull...

wake the hell up GOD AINT COMING TO SAVE YOU and you aint going to hell.. or heaven

for it is on earth = YOUR OWN LIFE

for on earth shall it be so on earth

ring any bells?? i hope so

the only THING that will change our world is US LOT

sooner we start working like ants the better

lets get off this rock

then lets explore!!

stop being so backward ... we was given the gift of life and do you know what we do?

waste it on pop idol and money... pathetic

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Haha. All joking aside and no offense, but there is a simple answer to that! Because God is sitting on his golden throne in his silk robe with his feet up on a recliner, watching the show on a hevanly High Definition TV while eating some grapes. I'm sure that planet Earth and all our comotion down here on Earth, is like watching The Office Space or Scrubs. Just another comedy show. Even God needs entertainment.

XD

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Oooops! Hold on a minute!
My bad!
Did I say that?
I should know better, I been busted for that on here before!

Forgive me?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadowgears911
Haha. All joking aside and no offense, but there is a simple answer to that! Because God is sitting on his golden throne in his silk robe with his feet up on a recliner, watching the show on a hevanly High Definition TV while eating some grapes. I'm sure that planet Earth and all our comotion down here on Earth, is like watching The Office Space or Scrubs. Just another comedy show. Even God needs entertainment.

XD

That sounds alot like the pope! Only the pope probably has more gold.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Wow
what a topic.

Fools rush in where angles fear to tread, but what the hell here goes.
First off, There is a supreme source of all creation. Call it God, Allah, All that is, or whatever title floats your boat. The God of religion is a fable, a story given to beings of simple understanding (humans) to point them in the right direction. The God of mans religions who is credited with creating the physical universe and can perform miracles by manipulating physical matter is but a step on the ladder towards the supreme source of all things.
PURE CONSIOUSNESS is where its all at, and is the force that prevades ALL matter causing all units of physical matter to progress towards the one source.

Why do bad things happen to good people ?

Firstly, you need to have an understanding of what causes "reality", or your physical destiny.
Your thoughts create your physical reality, or your destiny. Every single thing created by mankind started with a thought. A building, a ship, an aircraft, a war, a kiss, a hug, a murder etc, you get my drift. Thoughts are formed by our reactions to either a feeling or a desire.
This is an easy concept to understand for simple things like being hungry.
You have the feeling of an empty stomach, the thought forms that you are hungry, you go to the refigerator and fix youself something to eat. You just created a tiny peice of your own reality by exteriorising a thought into physical reality.

A bit harder to understand for big stuff like being in a car accident, getting mugged or winning the lottery. Every thought you create stays 'attached' to you until the circumstances present for that thought to exteriorise into the physical world as an object, event or accident. Once the thought is exteriorise into physical reality, it is then balanced and the cycle completed. Unbalanced thoughts can stay with you for many lifetimes before they get the chance to exteriorise. Thus "things just come out of the blue' and seem to happen to us, or because other people are involved in our dramas, it seems that 'they' caused our misfortune.

Ever notice how people take credit for something positive happening, but rush to blames others when it all goes south.

Now I know your going to say, "but nobody thinks up bad crap for themselves". True, but all thoughts and the actions that result from them have consequences. The end result of all this is that we are here experiencing life in a physical body to learn. As your thoughts create your reality, you are meant to learn from the results of your creations, what to create and what not to create. In other words, 'be careful what you wish for'.

The story of Jesus dieing on the cross so OUR sins would be forgiven is a con. This creates the myth that no matter how out of control we are, no matter what destruction we cause ourselves or others, hey, thats OK, I've already been forgiven. This completely removes all responsibility from everyone for everything. Jesus did not come to save us. Jesus came to show us how to save ourselves.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke
reply to post by favouriteslave

Faith is believing in that which you can't see. Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it isn't there.

The invisible and the non existent look the same.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Oxygen is invisible, but it still exists.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Totakeke

Actually, that's not correct. It's not "believe or die", it's "accept salvation or be separated from God forever".

Well somebody better make up their mind what their going to terrorize little children with, xtianity should be forced to get it's story straight once and for all.

Better still xtians should be forced to keep their wicked stories to themselves in the first place !!

Xtians preach that the jesusyahweh god is going to come back, he is going to save all the people who believe he is real, and all the people that don't (they smugly announce) will have eternal "death" got to hell and be tortured for all of eternity.

You can always rely on xtians to be pedantic about semantics.

Xtians can believe what the hell they wish but keep your vile gods away from our children !

You have no proof of the invisible beard in the sky, the indolent deity that you sometimes call god sometimes call yahwe and sometimes call jesus is a delusion.

How do we know it is a delusion, because it/he/she has no effect, there is not one reaction that is claimed to be the work of jesusyahweh that cannot be shown to be as the result of an action that does not require yahwe jesus.

I note that as of today friday 13/07/09 , jesusyahwhe has still not used his magik powers to heal a single amputee.

Obviously he's the god of gout ! perhaps we should look and see if Krishna is more medically competent.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Oxygen is measurable, tangible and has a know effect on humans,

I can't live without oxygen

I can live without your god,

really live !!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by triune

First off, There is a supreme source of all creation. Call it God, Allah, All that is, or whatever title floats your boat. The God of religion is a fable, a story given to beings of simple understanding (humans) to point them in the right direction.

So can you prove any of this ? No you can't so maybe it's best to keep your belief to yourself until you can, then you can tell the world about it.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Oxygen has been proven to exist. God has not.

Maybe god=oxygen!!!! just kidding

Originally posted by moocowman

Oxygen is measurable, tangible and has a know effect on humans,

I can't live without oxygen

I can live without your god,

really live !!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Well somebody better make up their mind what their going to terrorize little children with, xtianity should be forced to get it's story straight once and for all. Better still xtians should be forced to keep their wicked stories to themselves in the first place !!

Before I continue, the word is "Christianity". I have no idea what "xtianity" is. Anyway, the story's been straight for thousands of years. It's in the Bible; it doesn't change. The only things that change are the misinterpretations by people whom don't believe.

Xtians preach that the jesusyahweh god is going to come back, he is going to save all the people who believe he is real, and all the people that don't (they smugly announce) will have eternal "death" got to hell and be tortured for all of eternity.

Thosem who do not accept Christ's free gift of salvation are unsaved and can't get into Heaven. God doesn't want that to happen, but God gave people the ability to choose whether they want to accept Christ or not. If He didn't we'd all just be a bunch of robots.

You have no proof of the invisible beard in the sky, the indolent deity that you sometimes call god sometimes call yahwe and sometimes call jesus is a delusion. How do we know it is a delusion, because it/he/she has no effect, there is not one reaction that is claimed to be the work of jesusyahweh that cannot be shown to be as the result of an action that does not require yahwe jesus.

Of course I don't have any proof; nobody does. It's called "faith" for a reason.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Yes, oxygen has been proven to exist and God has not (again, that's why it's called "faith"), but it was you who said:

The invisible and the non existent look the same.

Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it isn't there.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

So can you prove any of this ? No you can't so maybe it's best to keep your belief to yourself until you can, then you can tell the world about it.

Define proof.

Your reply above indicates your mind is already made up. If your mind is firmly shut on this issue, nothing will change it.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
While i think Genesis (from what little i have read) is a fairy tale, I think Revelations is or could be right on.
You would say well, if you believe in one, the other must be right. Hmmm..
You're right. I suppose, or it could be that the old Bible has been doctored many times thru the years.

In any case, i think the eating of the apple by one person, leading us to a path of destruction is just ridiculous.
Couldnt the snake (devil) have tempted like two out of three or something?
It doesnt make any sense to me, still.
And a few more little tests could have been in order before marking us all as demons and ...where's the compassion. Is there any?
Nope. From day one there was no compassion.

I hope i dont sound ruthless when i say that the worshiping aspect of it turns me off too.
I can love, but do i have to worship???
If God asked to be loved, i could handle it, but worship??? He's got our future in his hands, we are no good in his eyes, and the punishment is really for everyone, including the innocent.
There's nothing fair about this game.
Why not send tribulation to the lives of leaders, and the greedy corporations, and things like that?
Nope. We all must pay dearly.

TRIBULATION FOR ALL!!!!!

We got cheated, folks. I sincerely mean it. i dont pretend to want to live in Paradise, but it would be nice to be able to live without threats from our creator hanging over our heads.

I dont know. :shk:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
Originally posted by dgtempe
I never post about religion. I grew up Catholic but i dont know much about religion.

I am wondering, instead of sending us fire and brimstone, why doesnt a compassionate God intervene in a way that will not kill, men women and children, a planet that will hit and blow us out of orbit, and horrible things like that???

He made us, damn it. Why did he make us FLAWED. Its HIS fault.

There's nothing compassionate here that i can see.

If you read the bible, particularly the book of genesis it is explained in the texts.

Man was created in the garden of eden with free will, naked, innocent, eternal, without knowledge of anything else other than god and the things within the garden.

Lucifer tempted man with the tree of knowledge and in turn man was corrupted by it. The punishment if you like, is life like this. Man was never originally meant to work like we do, eat like we do, die like we do etc.

This is our trial and god is the judge for what of a better way to explain it in a nutshell.

Life is a path of knowledge between good and evil. Its your decision what you want to become.

I hope this helps you, id ignore people spamming with flaming comments and you asked a good question.

If your still interested but dont feel like posting religious topics U2U me if you want and ill help if I can.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

So we're being punished for something someone else did ?

And god made us flawed so as to be tempted in the first place?

Sounds like a big excuse to me....

[edit on 3-7-2009 by jfj123]

[edit on 3-7-2009 by jfj123]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cor Leonis
Some Catholics are Christian some are not. Fallen mankind must be born again as Jesus instructed Nicodemus a certain RELIGIOUS fellow. No matter what religion you say you are a part of. We must be Born Again of the Spirit of God to worship God in spirit and in truth.

Actually, technically all catholics are christian.

Just an FYI.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join