It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Only God Thread. Why, If God Is Our Father, Doent He Intervene So We Dont Die Or Suffer?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Or there is a simpler explaination. We are not the be all end all number one creation in existence. But mankind in his hubris cannot possibly believe that......
Or that we are here to understand what it is to be and that unfortunately includes the nature of suffering and etc. There are lessons in life one cannot learn without first experiencing it. And one does not truly learn anything having all the answers handed to them by the teacher.... It gets stored on short term memory at best.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke
reply to post by jfj123

I think it's because you're looking for contradictions. The Bible isn't meant to be picked apart. Sure, we can analyze it and learn about what God's really saying, but picking it apart isn't going to help. The Bible is God's word and those whom truly believe don't need to pick it apart and try to find problems with it.

In other words, ignore the contradictions and just go along with the program? Don't ask questions? Don't think for yourself?

Why would god allow such an imperfect document to represent him? One which includes contradictions and must be INTERPRETED? And one which is interpreted differently by many, many, many different scholars?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by dgtempe

Because there comes a time when every good parent must learn to let go and let their children learn on their own *this includes consequences*. I am just thankful that time is not yet for me.

I was waiting for this to come up.

So you honestly think A GOOD PARENT, would let their children blindly walk out into traffic without stopping them, to teach them a lesson?
Do you honestly think A GOOD PARENT, wouldn't help their sick child if they could? Instead of ignoring their cries of pain?

OF COURSE NOT !!!
It would make them a HORRIBLE parent !!!

I could go on and on and on and on.....

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Or there is a simpler explaination. We are not the be all end all number one creation in existence. But mankind in his hubris cannot possibly believe that......
Or that we are here to understand what it is to be and that unfortunately includes the nature of suffering and etc. There are lessons in life one cannot learn without first experiencing it. And one does not truly learn anything having all the answers handed to them by the teacher.... It gets stored on short term memory at best.

It really doesn't matter if we're gods number one creation or number 1000. God in his infinite wisdom, created us knowing our future, as god knows everything. A good parent will take responsibility for his children equally and raise us properly and safely.

That whole nature of suffering is crap. There is absolutely no reason to let us suffer to teach us CRAP !.

You don't let your child keep sticking a fork in the toaster to teach them not to do it. In other words, you don't watch them suffer to experience and learn. You sure as hell don't let them to to learn

And we've all learned some pretty valuable lessons from our teachers in school and from our parents without being forced to physically suffer through them and sometimes die from them. COME ON !

What a lame EXCUSE !

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Um, considering your talking about flesh *purely a physical and transitory thing* and I am talking about souls and experience... Well, yea. Whatever man..... You do not "save" a child that is never in any real danger. Your rants and taking it to different contexts aside Ultima.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke
reply to post by moocowman

If you'd actually read the Bible and take the verses in context there aren't any contradictions, not like the theory of evolution of the big bang theory, which keep changing.

Unlike most xtians I have in fact read some of the bibles (plural) cover to cover.
It is a nonsense to declare that one has to take things into context, as xitians themselves are not even agreed upon what the bibles are saying or meaning.

The "context" card is played over and over by xtian apologists yet the cult od xtianity is divides on many issues.
Are you saying that the roman catholic church and a baptist church are agreed on context but cannot agree on content ?

Utter rubbish, a man lives inside a fish is this in context or not ?

We (the secularists, atheists etc) are forever hearing the whining of the xtian context merchants claiming "well it doesn;t really mean this" or "what it is really saying is that --"

The bibles editors have simply been unable to get their story straight and screwed up big time with contradiction after contradiction.

Dude listen up perhaps you may learn something, when you intend to guide your child (wh you happen to love) from london to new. The smart thing to do is sit him to a plane that goes atraight across the atlantic.

The xtian jesusyawhe god method seems to be, go ask a blind man that has never been out of his house, if you can borrow the map that his chinese cousins great great great grandfather found at the bottom of a well.

One of the first things you learn in school, which bronze age jews didn't have the benefit of. Would be that, the shortest route between 2 points is a straight line, this applies to communication as well as science.
Seems to be that the yhawhwe jesus god is the most appaling communicator ever to not have existed.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

reply to post by dgtempe

So you honestly think A GOOD PARENT, would let their children blindly walk out into traffic without stopping them, to teach them a lesson?
Do you honestly think A GOOD PARENT, wouldn't help their sick child if they could? Instead of ignoring their cries of pain?

And a good parent would certainly not entertain the thought of killing his own child for misbehaving.

This jesus/yahweh has to be the most repugnant myth ever to be swallowed by the gullable.

No wonder Nero had issues with xtians, he probably felt his position as head deluded nutcase was in jeopardy.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

All human antics. Does not prove or disprove the concept or the belief set they pretend to follow.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I never post about religion. I grew up Catholic but i dont know much about religion.

I am wondering, instead of sending us fire and brimstone, why doesnt a compassionate God intervene in a way that will not kill, men women and children, a planet that will hit and blow us out of orbit, and horrible things like that???

He made us, damn it. Why did he make us FLAWED. Its HIS fault.

There's nothing compassionate here that i can see.

Can I ask you a question? Do you believe in God? If not then whose fault is it? The answer to that question is the same if you answer yes or no by the way.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Timing.

Spiritual warfare.

Polarity/dualism, in the earthly or human sense as well is within and without the universe.

Humanity is pivotal to God's plan for the universe. Why, even the Angels are said to envy us our autonomy!

I am trying to find the words to express my vision of how the universe, time and God relate to the human condition and can only really thing of the figure 8. Not much use, I know!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

All human antics. Does not prove or disprove the concept or the belief set they pretend to follow.

This is indeed very true, however seeing as how the greater part of christianity which makes up a huge swathe of the global population believe this way and have the lions share of opinion, then we certainly have some problems.

It goes without saying that no one can disprove a "God" but as we are fully aware it has not been proved such existence either.

If we look to likelyhood then the chances are 50/50, so what else is there to increase the odds in the favour of the reality of a god ?
Obviously human experience, but as we've just observed the human experience is deeply flawed, without evidence and prone to delusional hearsay.

The overwhelming volume of claims come from abrahamic legend, which as we see is not worth a wank. So what else is there outside of abrahamic legend, to point o a history of a creator ?

We could perhaps look to india and the Vedas as they appear to predate judaism likewise does egyptian, sumarian. But again there is no evidence only hearsay, what hearsay there is, is equally able to allude to beings from other worlds .

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Um, Abrahamic legend as you put it is a fairly recent development in the big scheme of things and neither does it encompass all possible views as to what a diety is or it's attributes. Only the one most readily available for criticism in your case. But, once again, it does not by any stretch cover all the possibilities. You can choose to believe as you wish and I for one would never even attempt to tell you to believe one or another of the gazillion possibilities out there but attempting to confine a concept to one possible definition is unrealistic at best.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
its been said before but cant be said enough. people grow through adversity. spoiled brat kids will never reach for the stars because they are already there. Humans need goals and objectives it gives us purpose. if you want to talk about this existence it has to include suffering, disappointment, loss, everything. the whole gambit of the negative. you cant possibly understand the pleasure of bliss until your have experienced ultimate sadness.

thats just what i think anyway. the sweet just wouldnt be as sweet without the bitter. creation is perfect in every way from the movements of the planets to the subatomic particles and everything in between. the intricacy of this reality is so mind blowing.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

Um, considering your talking about flesh *purely a physical and transitory thing* and I am talking about souls and experience... Well, yea. Whatever man..... You do not "save" a child that is never in any real danger. Your rants and taking it to different contexts aside Ultima.

If the flesh has no meaning then why did god put us here?
You can't have it both ways.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

god is the problem

remove it from the equation and all becomes clear

yes we was created...but not by some bloke in a toga...

a man sat on a rock..asked why he was here.. looked up at the sky and looked down at the earth he was upon

found him self in the middle...

only problem was he was not the one asking.. he was the answer all along

work it out

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Originally posted by dgtempe
I never post about religion. I grew up Catholic but i dont know much about religion.

I am wondering, instead of sending us fire and brimstone, why doesnt a compassionate God intervene in a way that will not kill, men women and children, a planet that will hit and blow us out of orbit, and horrible things like that???

He made us, damn it. Why did he make us FLAWED. Its HIS fault.

There's nothing compassionate here that i can see.

It is not God's intention to send you fire and brimstone. To say "It's His fault" is incorrect.

God is without fault.

However, it/all IS His responsibility and He clearly accepts this and wants us to know and understand that He does.

That's why we He gifted us Jesus!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

you have it so backwards...

no offense

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Telepathic communication has also been referred to as hearsay or delusional.

Recently, that holy grail of science has found a way to 'measure' the existance of telepathic communication, ie, science has found a way to 'prove' what the 'delusional' have known for sometime, and so the science and number heads, along with other assorted sceptics (scepticism for the sake of scepticism, not discernment!!!), now can come to the table and rationally discuss this phenonomen.

I suspect that the same will prove to be the case for all esoteric knowledge, including the actual existance of God.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

reply to post by dgtempe

Because there comes a time when every good parent must learn to let go and let their children learn on their own *this includes consequences*. I am just thankful that time is not yet for me.

OF COURSE NOT !!!

It depends!

Parenting responds to two principles, Maternal and Paternal.

In my experience, paternal love is more likely than maternal love, to result in full respect for the adult child's right to make mistakes and learn by them, or not.

Love isn't always about being 'nice' or 'kind'.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by teapot

reply to post by dgtempe

OF COURSE NOT !!!

It depends!

Parenting responds to two principles, Maternal and Paternal.

In my experience, paternal love is more likely than maternal love, to result in full respect for the adult child's right to make mistakes and learn by them, or not.

Love isn't always about being 'nice' or 'kind'.

It depends?
You would let your child die to learn a lesson?
SERIOUSLY ???!??!?!!?
Would you even let a friend die to teach them a lesson????

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join